Jennifer Larsen Photography Reviews

Jennifer Larsen Photography 6
Jennifer Larsen Photography 7

Christine Porter · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Engagement Shoot with Jen Larsen

I knew of Jen after she photographed my friends' wedding/engagement in 2018. After going through her website I fell in love with her work! She has her own unique style of shooting and I really liked how bright and clean all of her images were. My fiance and I booked Jen for an engagement shoot and she was so amazing to work with! I usually don't like being in front of a camera at all, but she made us feel super comfortable and we had a lot of fun during the whole shoot. She made everything feel so easy! Jen definitely seems like someone who genuinely cares about each and every one of her clients. I couldn't recommend her more!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Megan · Getting married on 04/24/2020

Jennifer is such an amazing photographer and I can’t help but stare at our photos every single day! My fiancé and I felt so comfortable during our entire engagement session. Jennifer recommend a ton of amazing natural poses and motions which made the session flow with absolute ease as we walked through different sceneries and did an outfit change. Jennifer was so kind enough to send a few photos the night of our shoot and a few more the week after! We received all of our photos in a user friendly online gallery that made it super easy to download and print! She is truly a rockstar and I can’t recommend her enough!!!

Sent on 09/06/2018
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 8
  • Ian

Ian Nightingale · Getting married on 04/08/2020

Thorough, Professional, and Fun!

Working with Jennifer was an absolute dream. We hired her to take photos for our third anniversary and she wildly exceeded our expectations. Not only did she take stunning photos, but my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the process. Perhaps the two are connected. Jennifer truly went above and beyond throughout the process, first learning as much as she could about me and my wife, and then driving out to our favorite mountain resort so she could take the photos in our ideal location! Could not recommend her more highly, and we would definitely hire her again in an instant if the opportunity came up.

Sent on 11/01/2019

Katherine M. · Getting married on 01/01/2020

An amazing engagement experience!

Jen was absolutely INCREDIBLE to work with and captured our engagement photos beautifully. I stumbled upon Jen’s work on Instagram a few weeks after getting engaged and fell in love with her photos instantly.

From our very first interaction she was friendly and accommodating. I took a good 6 weeks to decide on the location of our session, second guessing my choices a million and one times — Jen was nothing short of patient and kind.

By the time you meet her in person, you'll feel like you've known her for years. She truly takes the time to get to know you, your fiancé and your love story before you meet, which made the experience that much more special. After our two hour session, which was full of laughter, Jen delivered an album of FIFTY!!! sneak peak photos not even 24 hours after we parted.

We couldn’t be happier with our full gallery. Jen’s passion for what she does really shines through in her work and on top of being insanely talented she’s sweet, personable, and thoughtful, too. Do yourself a favor and book her, you WON’T be disappointed.

Jen - thank you SO much for an amazing experience. The day we took our engagement photos will forever be a fond, beautiful memory for us and one of the most special days during the most special times of our lives.

Sent on 01/11/2019
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 07/14/2019

Engagement Shoot

Jen shot our engagement session during October 2018. She made us feel extremely comfortable in front of the camera. She recommends great poses which allowed our pictures to come off as very natural and relaxed. It was a great experience and we had a lot of fun shooting with her! Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Alexandra · Married on 07/13/2019

I usually am never one to write reviews. I’m the person who always says they will and never gets around to it... but it this case, words are needed because 5 stars just aren’t enough to show how much we loved working with Jen for our engagement photos!

I never ever thought I would hear my fiancé, Chris, say that he had fun during a photoshoot haha he had major anxiety going into this- to be honest, we both did. We had never had professional photos taken of us before. Jen is the warmest, sweetest gal in the world. That instantly rubbed off on us. She seriously made us feel like supermodels. We could totally be ourselves, and we had so much fun. There are so many photos where you can tell we were just overcome with laughter! The memories of taking these photographs will always make us smile when we look back at them and remember this busy time in our lives leading up to the big day!

Not only did we have fun DURING the shoot, but the end product blew us away. Jen completely exceeded our expectations. Seriously, they are all so amazing!!! Our family, friends, and coworkers keep raving about them. We have gotten so many compliments from all over!

You did such a great job, Jen! THANK YOU!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Brittney · Married on 05/18/2019

Jenn was absolutely amazing from the first email all the way through the whole process. We had to change our idea of where we wanted our engagement photos and Jenn was incredible in helping us with suggestions and then helping cortinate times. The main location we wanted closed before our session would finish and she helped me come up with a near by location that fit the style I wanted. We first arrived to our session and my fiancé and I were nervous since we’ve never have professional photos done before and he is not the best at smiling lol. But the second we got out of the car we were greeted with a huge hug from Jenn and we already felt like we’ve known her forever. She took us all around and made us feel so incredibly comfortable and I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard. We had so much fun we really didn’t want to stop. After a few days we had a few previews from jenns Instagram and I couldn’t even believe how amazing the photos were, we loved each one more than the next, and she some how got my fiancé to smile better than ever!! We then got our full album back and it was better than I could imagine! Then two weeks later we received the most thoughtful surprise package in the mail, Jenn had framed one of our favorite photos and wrote us a beautiful card, which all happen to arrive on the one year until our wedding. I highly recommend Jenn to anyone looking for beautiful photos and a good time, I have nothing but amazing things to say. I wish we could do it all over again.

Sent on 07/17/2018
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 18
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/17/2019

Absolute Fairytale

Jen is a literal dream. The sweetest, most thoughtful and kind human being you will ever meet! When I first inquired her availability for my wedding, I was greeted with such promptness and professionalism. Throughout the entire planning experience — up until our big day, Jen delivered 101%. She went out of her way, with personalized little treats throughout our planning experience. She makes a genuine effort to get to know her couples. This is not just a business for Jen, and I believe this is why she is so successful and talented in her craft. She has the ability to convey a story and each couple’s individual personalities. Jen and her team are absolutely amazing. They are by far, the best that New Jersey has to offer. Jen is so well organized and makes a killer timeline that leaves you at complete ease on your big day. She is such a positive light all around. My family and friends are in actual disbelief at how stunning our wedding photos have come out so far, and this is only the sneak peek! Jen you are AMAZINGGGGG! Best decision I made on my wedding day other than saying yes to my husband LOL. You continue to exceed our expectations above and beyond and truly made this entire experience an absolute fairytale. Thank you so much Jenny!! You are a lifelong friend.

Sent on 06/08/2019

Jessie · Married on 03/30/2019

Jen is simply the best!

From the moment we met Jen, we knew that she was the perfect photographer for our wedding day! Not only is Jen incredibly talented, she is quite frankly one of the warmest, kindest, most thoughtful people we have ever met. We truly cannot put into words how amazing Jen is and how lucky we felt to have her capture our special day. Jen did an amazing job capturing our wedding day and all the special moments and the bonus is we also felt like we walked away with a friend. Jen is AMAZING and you would be lucky to have her as your wedding photographer.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Jessica · Married on 03/16/2019

Jen is the absolute best!!!!

My husband and I got married at The Park Chateau on March 16, 2019. Jen was recommended to me by my friend who had hired her for her wedding the previous year. Not only did our engagement and wedding pictures come out absolutely amazing, Jen is just a pleasure to work with!!! She is such a sweet person and friend!! We got our pictures back quickly, and Jen also sent us a special canvas picture to hang on our wall which made me cry :) Check out her work, the pictures speak for themselves!!

Sent on 05/16/2019
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 19
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 20

Stephanie Marrero · Married on 02/09/2019

You’ll never need another photographer again!

When my husband and I stumbled upon Jen and her beautiful pictures, we knew that we needed her to take our engagement photos. Not only did she respond quickly to our inquiries, but she is the sweetest person to talk to. We consider ourselves to be the least photogenic, yet our pictures came out stunning because of the talent behind the camera. Jen recently took our maternity shoot and once again left us speechless. She will forever be our go-to and is stuck with us. If you happen to stumble upon her and are reading this review...congratulations, you found your future go-to!!! Jen, thank you for the memories you’ve captured and thank you for being such a humble and kind hearted person.

Sent on 03/07/2019
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 27
  • Sabrina

Sabrina Vroegindewey · Married on 01/03/2019

Extremely Talented, Professional, Passionate, Thoughtful

As an anxious bride who wanted to make sure every detail was absolutely perfect, Jennifer Larsen was definitely one of the best choices we made that calmed every one of my potential fears about a wedding photographer. She showed what it means to create the ultimate experience in working with a wedding vendor. From the moment Jen and I met, I knew that she just "got it". When it comes to something as artistic as photography, her work truly does speak for itself and I was convinced that she would deliver. And did she ever! Not only are our pictures absolutely stunning, but Jen showed the most poise and professionalism throughout our time working together. She even included little, thoughtful gifts to us along the way to show us how important this experience not only is for the bride and groom, but for her as well. Her passion and love for what she does is evident through the camera as well as through her sweet and thoughtful interactions with the bride and groom. Her excitement is contagious and as I look back on our wedding day, I can't help but smile when I think about how Jen made it feel so special for us. She is one of a kind!

Sent on 03/05/2019
  • Meagan

Meagan O'Kane · Married on 12/28/2018

5-stars all around!

Jen is an all-around phenomenal photographer, and we had the pleasure of working with her, and her wonderful team, for our wedding. Where do I start? Jen is responsive, enthusiastic, and accommodating. From beginning to end, she provided an unparalleled level of customer service.

Her love for her work, and for her couples (who she treats like old friends), comes through in every interaction. Throughout our engagement, she provided the most thoughtful suggestions and support to help keep us sane - especially during the height of wedding planning craziness.

I could truly go on and on, but I haven't gotten to Jen's photography! Her ability to capture emotion, to make it feel real and unscripted, is what drew me to her work. We were not at all disappointed in the end result. We had a rainy December wedding, and Jen and team were able to deliver under rather difficult conditions. She went through about three pairs of shoes, but she didn't miss a beat.

Our immediate families gushed about how friendly, professional, and calm Jen was on our big day. She never rushed us once, though we were 100% behind schedule, and her cool and confidence put us all at ease.

After the wedding, Jen quickly posted sneak peaks on social media, which we greatly appreciated. It kept the magic going! Truly, her work speaks for itself, so don't miss the opportunity to check out her blog. As you can see from her other reviews, our experience wasn't unique. Jen is an incredibly high-quality vendor (and human), so don't hesitate to reach out!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Ashley · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing!!!!

WARNING! This is going to be a long post. Short story: book her now!

My now husband and I were searching for wedding venues. With complete opposite taste, we were struggling. We came across a venue, but with limited photos on the website we were unsure. We did a google search and a blog Jen posted of another wedding she did at that venue appeared. The photos were breathtaking! Seeing her photos we instantly booked an appointment to visit the venue. We contacted Jen immediately after, booked her and the venue, and are SO HAPPY we did!

From the moment Jen first emailed us I knew she was different. We reached out to several photographers and every return email we received was very business like. Jen's first response gave a sense of comfort, friendliness, and personality, all while displaying nothing but professionalism. This was the standard of her communication throughout our wedding process.

We met up with Jen for coffee and instantly felt like we were catching up with an old friend. She took time to get to know us. To learn our story. To get a sense of our personalities. As we got in our car to leave my husband looked over at my facial expression and said, "You love her don't you?" To which I responded, "Probably more than I love you." We both smiled and knew that was it.

From that moment forward Jen was a part of our lives. Her communication was timely, friendly, and informative. She was organized and made everything from our planning process to the actual wedding day flow seamlessly. The quality of her photography speaks for itself. It's her personality that is rare. We never once felt like we were working with a wedding vendor, but a good friend instead.

We pulled up to the Ocean City, NJ boardwalk for our engagement shoot already nervous. Nothing seemed to go right. The wind was about 50mph and the boardwalk was torn to pieces for repairs. Jen arrived and instantly calmed us both. We ended up having the BEST DAY; hours and hours of laughing and fun! And our pictures turned out to be AMAZING!

When the rain and wind set in on our wedding day I was nervous, but I trusted Jen completely. When anyone voiced concern with the weather and outside photos, I simply replied, "Jen will take care of it all. It's going to be awesome." And sure enough she delivered again. This girl stood in the rain, holding an umbrella over me for 20 minutes so that we could get the photos I wanted on a local trail. Jen and her team were phenomenal! They captured moments of our wedding I didn't even know happened. They somehow managed to be everywhere without anyone even knowing.

I could go on forever about how much we loved working with Jen. We went into the process looking for a wedding photographer and came out with a new friend. She is thoughtful, creative, fun, and unbelievably sweet. She made the entire process personal and unique to who we are individually and as a couple. And on top of all that... we have amazing photos from our wedding! Can't recommend her enough!

Sent on 01/16/2019
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 33
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 34
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 35

Monica · Married on 10/06/2018

Jen was great and easy to work with!

We found Jennifer Larsen Photography through a Facebook Ad after looking through and not 100% loving recommendations from the venue. We loved what she captured in the photos that were on her website and blog. We appreciated that she wanted to meet with us to get to know us before signing a contract. The package Jen offered included the engagement shoot and rights to our photos, which wasn't offered by some of the other photographers we looked at. Personally, I'm not always comfortable being the center of attention or having my photo taken, but Jen made us both feel comfortable during the entire process! She also included super cute, thoughtful, and unexpected gifts along the way! We appreciated the sneak peaks we got of our engagement and wedding photos, which made us look forward to receiving the finished product!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Raquel Sutherland · Married on 10/05/2018

Experience of a lifetime

I had the absolute luck to meet Jennifer at a mutual friend's bridal shower long before I was engaged. We quickly connected and I knew from that moment that Jennifer was not only incredibly talented but a genuinely beautiful person. From our engagement photos to FaceTime calls to personal notes and goodies in the mail... all the way through our wedding day and the months that followed, Jennifer made my husband and I feel like we were the most important people in the world and made every bit of our journey that much more special. The photos speak for themselves. Jennifer is professional while also bringing laughter and fun to everyone around her. My husband and I still talk about how everything about the photo sessions with Jen came so naturally and that it was an obvious reflection of how she puts her clients at ease. Our families and friends felt the exact same way. We are lucky to have her in our lives and would recommend her to EVERY PERSON WE KNOW.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Stephanie R Reimer · Married on 08/25/2018

The best of the best!

Jen is the single best decision we made for our wedding. From the level of communication and organization to her endless creativity and style -she really is the best of the best. Jen understood every single one of our needs and was so organized and kind every step of the way. There was not a doubt in my mind after seeing her first image the day of our wedding that the entire album would be perfect. She caught ever younce of raw emotion. There are too many good photos to choose from - we haven't figure out our top 10 favorite portraits yet, never mind our number one. I can honestly say that if we had to choose one vendor we would never change - it's Jen. She's so talented, shes so kind and now shes a FRIEND! Love you Jen!

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 36
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 37
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 38
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 39
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 40
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 41

Angela · Married on 08/24/2018

We had an amazing engagement photoshoot session with Jen! We are blown away by how stunning our photos came out, beyond expectation! She was very enthusiastic & awesome to work with; I would highly recommend her to anyone! The first thing she did was learn as much about us and our story as she could. I thought this was incredibly sweet and it really showed in our photos. She made our photo shoot unique and personal to us and our story. Jen really understands how to capture the personal details as she is very insightful and has a clear sense of direction while shooting; she was very easy to follow. She also encouraged us to incorporate our own ideas during the photo shoot, when we felt creative enough to do so. She is very flexible and easy going; even when we had to hike several miles to get to our destination. It was perfect from start to finish!!! We are so appreciative and thankful we found her! It was an experience we will never forget! :)

Sent on 10/14/2017

Christina · Married on 08/24/2018

Best decision we made ! Amazing

My husband and I could not have been happier with our photographer for our wedding day. Jen was a dream, the sweetest most down to earth person! She made us feel comfortable from our engagement photos to the wedding wedding day. She captured all the moments we wanted and photos came out beautiful. We can’t stop staring at them ! Not only is Jen an amazing photographer, but she quickly became a good friend to us and we were so happy to spend our time with her. Highly recommend !!

Sent on 11/28/2018

JoAnn · Married on 08/02/2018

Jen is such a delight to work with!! She is a true professional, with an amazing talent! She is so sweet and kind, you can't help but fall in love with her!❤️ She is very responsive and accommodating which is very important as a bride to be. Jen made our whole engagement and wedding day process a breeze, from the online gallery to her day of timeline, I was at ease from the start. Not to mention her turn around time, which is fantastic!! If you are looking for a photographer who makes you feel extra special book her now, I promise you won't regret it!!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/16/2018

Jen was such a pleasure to talk to and work with from the very start. She really builds a relationship with her clients and takes her time to get to know you which makes you feel so comfortable in her presence and being in front of the camera! Not only is she super talented and an amazing artist but she is so kind and sweet! Our photos from our engagement session are unreal and our wedding day photos are even more amazing and we will cherish them forever. She took the time to make a very detailed timeline and got every possible shot of us on our wedding day which made the day go so smoothly. We are so happy we found Jen and there is no one better that could photograph the biggest day of our lives!

Sent on 08/07/2018
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 42
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 43
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 44
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 45
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 46

Emily · Married on 06/09/2018

I honestly don’t have the words to convey how amazing Jennifer is. She is incredibly talented as a photographer and made us feel very comfortable during every shoot. The pictures she captured are truly magical and they belong in every wedding magazine. Jen took a ton of amazing pictures in a short amount of time, allowing us to enjoy our time together and get back to the wedding festivities quickly. She makes the whole process fun and easy. Jen and her team were incredibly organized and professional, from managing logistics to ensuring we stayed on schedule. Jen’s passion and positive energy make taking photos with her easy and enjoyable. I can not recommend Jennifer enough - she is absolutely amazing! We were so lucky to have Jen as a photographer, but even luckier to have her now as a friend!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Tera · Married on 05/27/2018

Jen's work speaks for itself - she is a beyond talented photographer with a unique eye and an always-perfect edit. Do yourself a favor, peruse her instagram and her blog and you'll see that every photo is dreamy, natural, and beautifully captures the love between her couples - every. single. time. Jen was the first vendor we hired for our wedding (it's weird to even refer to her as a vendor because she's truly a friend now) - it was so clear after our first meeting that she was *the one* for us for three huge reasons. 1. every wedding i'd seen her work for was AMAZING; we looked her digital and print work and every photo was flawless. 2. she LISTENS to everything you have to say, and she doesn't forget. she truly cares about every detail you wish to capture and every quirk throughout your loves story and applies it to your photos. while her work is consistently beautiful, each wedding and engagement session she shoots is unique because she's able to find the essence of the couple she's working with and let it shine naturally. 3. she made everything EASY for us. my fiance and i changed our venue, changed our date, changed our minds a million times. she was always easy to get in touch with, always responsive and up for everything. as a bride you can sometimes feel like you're making life hard for your family, friends, and vendors, but I never felt that way with jen. she always put my mind at ease, and was there to help with anything she could (other vendor suggestions, ideas for poses when my fiance and i fell a little stiff, carrying my bridesmaids and my bouquets in her car to our wedding venue when we realized they wouldn't fit in our limo). she truly goes above and beyond for her clients (holiday care packages, prints of our favorite photos -- and she always knows which ones are your favorites -- sweet cards to remind you what your wedding is all about). she's genuinely sweet, down-to-earth, fun, and passionate about what she does; and it shows in her work.

Sent on 06/09/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2018

We absolutely loved working with Jen! She's a caring soul and and has an incredible artistic eye. We could not be more thrilled with our wedding and engagement photos!

Sent on 07/08/2018
    Jennifer Larsen Photography 47

Betsy Klein · Married on 05/19/2018

Amazing photographer!

I had a certain style in mind when I was looking for a photographer. I wanted the pictures to look natural and have a soft color palette. I fell in love with Jennifer Larsen’s photographs and wanted to meet her. When my mother and I first met Jen, she was so sweet and easy to talk to. After meeting with her I was very excited to take our engagement photos. I personally do not like to be in front of the camera but after working with Jen she made me feel so comfortable. She gave me and my husband clear directions on how we should pose. The results were absolutely beautiful. Some of my favorite photographs were the candid moments of me and my husband looking at each other and laughing. On the day of our wedding, it was raining and Jen was already prepared with umbrellas creating gorgeous images. There are so many amazing photographs it is hard to choose a few. I love showing off the fantastic work she did and I recommend her to my friends who are getting married. Jen has great energy and is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Jen was not just a photographer; she felt like a friend who made my wedding day the best and who captured the most beautiful moments.

(…and a quick note from the mother of the bride…Jen’s photography speaks for itself, but her friendly manner, her smile and her professionalism speak volumes. She beautifully photographed my daughter’s wedding day from the details of the decorations, to the bride’s and groom’s preparations with their bridal party, the family photos, the ceremony and, finally, the celebration. Jen captured it all perfectly.)

Sent on 11/12/2018