Jennifer Childress Photography Reviews

70 | Lansdale, PA

70 Reviews for Jennifer Childress Photography

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2011

My pictures came out more beautiful then I could have imagined.

Sent on 03/05/2012

Jasmine · Married on 04/16/2011

Hiring Jenn was was best wedding decision we made. She captured every detail, emotion, and memory on our big day and the images are beautiful! I honestly couldn't be happier with her work.

Her 2nd shooter Joey was equally amazing and they worked great together as a team. I had a huge bridal party and on my wedding day it did not stop pouring for a second. We were forced to take pictures inside with limited space and somehow they made it work. They got all the pictures we requested of us, our families and the bridal party (we had barely any space or light to work with in our venue but they still got great shots) and they did it quickly so that no one got cranky while we were all cramped in a small space together.

They showed up on time, they had great attitudes all day and they were organized....they exceeded all of my expectations!

Jenn posted teaser pictures a few days after the event and they were stunning. Shortly after that, she had the entire photo gallery up and running for us to view.

She deserves the highest review for the amazing job she did for us. If you are looking for a photographer, Jenn is your girl.

Sent on 05/01/2011

Jessica · Married on 12/05/2009

Jennifer Childress has an awesome personality, great gal to work with, and very creative. Jennifer definitely captured the moment and you didn't even know she was there. Pictures were absolutely stunning!!! Jennifer Childress Photography for your wedding is the way to go!

Sent on 02/09/2012

Jeff · Married on 07/19/2008

To say that Jenn was everything we expected would be a terrible mis-statement. We were thrilled with our wedding pictures, our wedding day slide show and the ability to see our touched up pictures only a week after we returned from our honeymoon. I wouldn't hesitate to send anyone I care about to Jenn.

Sent on 08/15/2008

Cynthia · Married on 10/05/2007

Jenn was amazing. She knew what she was doing and got the pictures I wanted. They turned out to be breath taking. I couldnt be more pleased!

Sent on 10/07/2008

Nicole · Married on 07/06/2007

Jenny is amazing to work with. She has a great artistic eye that you will be pleased with. Her flexibility in schedule and location was accommodating. She had our pictures up and posted within days. I would recommend her to anyone I know.

Sent on 11/11/2011

Hannah · Married on 09/01/2018

My husband (!!) and I met Jenn for our engagement shoot nearly 11 months before our wedding. She was professional the entire time and once we started to relax from our nerves, we truly had so much fun. Jenn knows how to make anyone feel comfortable and confident in front of the camera. She both listens to your ideas but also guides you to what she knows looks good. I knew we'd be in good hands come September.
    The morning of my wedding, Jenn arrived on time, quickly got to work and kept us on schedule. I never had a doubt in my mind that she or her equally fantastic assistant Phil would miss a shot or a moment I wanted captured. There was one photo in particular that my family lovingly calls the money shot, with the train of my dress appearing to be blowing in the wind behind me and my husband kissing my temple. It looks like something out of a magazine and I have Jenn to thank for patiently lifting, throwing it in the wind, and rearranging my dress several times to capture the shot. It's perfect. For ever other picture, Jenn did everything from helping grandparents be where they needed to be, to making my 2 year old nephew smile. She will get the shots you want, no matter what it takes, and that ease of mind is priceless on your wedding day.
    I remember Jenn saying during our consultation that at the end of the day, all you have left of your wedding is your pictures. I am so thankful to my family for investing in such an amazing, experienced and professional photographer who has left us smiling and reveling in our joy from that day. My mom knew early on she wanted Jenn to shoot my wedding, as Jenn had done many of her friends' children's weddings. It wasn't long before I realized why: she's simply the best at what she does. I had to reserve her business over a year in advance and I can confidently say it was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. Jenn, a thank you just doesn't seem to cover it!!!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Jennifer · Married on 07/10/2010

Jenn is awesome! I love her work, and my husband and I loved working with her! She blends an artistic style with the ability to capture all of the details of the day and all of those important group shots as well. I could not have been happier with her as our photographer!

Sent on 07/27/2010

Jaclyn · Married on 07/03/2016

We got married July 3, 2016 at the Pen Ryn Mansion in Bensalem, PA. Jennifer Childress was our top choice for a photographer and it was definitely the right decision. Her prices are a little expensive, but definitely worth it. She does a free engagement shoot with you also, which was awesome and gave us the opportunity to get to know her better before our wedding day. She was super flexible with timelines and making changes throughout the planning process. On the day of the wedding, she arrived early with another photographer (Steve) and they both did a phenomenal job. As the bride, I felt totally confident in letting Jenn do her thing; she handled the timeline and pictures perfectly. She sent us the proofs so quickly after the wedding and they came out beyond amazing. They were absolutely perfect and we cannot wait to see the album! We highly recommend Jenn Childress for your wedding photographer.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Jenn did an amazing job capturing my wedding day. She is an excellent photographer and you will not regret investing in her. There are lots of "photographers" out there today that just picked up a fancy camera and now claim to be professional. What I've seen from my friends that have used those folks is that you get what you pay for. My husband and I have ended up with hundreds of amazing photos that we will always treasure. Your wedding is just one day, but the photos will stay with you forever. Jenn is a true professional, was incredibly kind and helpful on our wedding day, and will provide you with amazing photos that you will love!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Jenn did an amazing job!!! From our gorgeous engagement photos to our magazine worthy wedding photos!! She is pricey depending on the package you choose but it is well worth it. Everyone who has seen our photographs has commented how amazing they are. Jenn was great the day of the wedding and so was her assistant photographer Joey, who did an amazing job too!! I would definitely recommend Jenn!!

Sent on 07/11/2013
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 06/23/2012

Jennifer is SO talented. Her pictures were absolutely BEAUTIFUL. You will not find the quality of her work anywhere else. It was worth every single penny. She is super organized. The day of the wedding she had a list of pictures that we requested and she marked them off as she took the pictures so nothing was missed. She also stuck to the schedule perfectly and was professional throughout. I would highly recommend her to anyone! She is an artist--not an average photographer! If you want someone amazing definitely meet with her. She is also super down to earth and easy to work with. I actually planned my wedding date around her availability because she is THAT AMAZING! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 07/08/2012

Meredith · Married on 10/08/2011

Jennifer Childress is the absolute best of the best! She was a pleasure to work with during the planning stages, took wonderful engagement photos for us, and captured the wedding day more beautifully than I could have ever imagined. Her skills were a huge part of he success of the wedding day - she moved us along with fabulous timing, and we still had plenty of time to spare and felt totally relaxed her in her capable hands. I am so beyond thrilled with the results. I would jump at the chance to have Jennifer photograph future life events and recommend her to everyone I know that needs a photographer!

Sent on 02/16/2012

Sara · Married on 10/23/2010

My husband and I recently used Jenn Childress as our wedding photographer for our October wedding, and were overwhelmingly impressed with working with her. Jenn was able to capture so much emotion & every little moment during our big day; shooting absolutely breathtaking photos of us and our family. She has a natural & creative eye for capturing special moments, and went above and beyond for us on our wedding day, which showed in her photos and her attention to detail.

Our wedding pictures are absolutely gorgeous, and I am always asked if they were done by a professional from a bridal magazine. She was worth every penny, and did a remarkable job at capturing our special day. I would recommend Jenn to any bride, as she is wonderful at what she does, and has a drive to help your wedding day go off without a hitch. I cannot recommend her enough to any bride who wants to enjoy your wedding pictures for years to come.

Her team is just as creative & talented as Jenn, and they make a truly great group. Jenn & her team were by far our best vendors, and I am so happy that we went with her for our wedding day!

Sent on 02/28/2011
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 08/20/2011

3.0

Jennifer was great to work with! We hired her over a year and a half before our wedding---good photogs like Jenn book up fast! Both my fiance and I enjoyed working with Jenn--our engagement session was a blast and the images are beautiful! Jenn arrived on time and ready to work the day of our wedding. She got along great with the wedding party and the images are beautiful. Jenn can certainly capture a moment! I would highly recommend Jenn to other Philly brides!

Sent on 11/15/2011

Jennifer Childress Photography's reply:

Jill, thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience! Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with as we finish your album process together!

Jennifer · Married on 04/30/2011

4.2

Amazing work! I did my boudoir shoot through Jennifer and it came out beautifully! My husband loved it as I gave it to him as a wedding gift. She's not cheap but she does gorgeous work. Well worth it :)

Sent on 05/22/2011

Kristin · Married on 09/03/2011

3.5

Stunning photos! Come with a free engagement session which was an added bonus!

Sent on 11/17/2011

Jennifer Childress Photography's reply:

Kristin, I am so glad that you were pleased with the results! I so enjoyed working with you and your hubby for both your engagement session and wedding day!
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 08/02/2013

3.6
      3.5

I used Jennifer Childress photography for my engagement photos and wedding photos. The pictures came out absolutely amazing. Im not the most photogenic person in my opinion, but I loved myself in all of the photos. But this was partially why I hired her services, because I saw all of her flawless photos on her site. Jenn did not do the actual photography for my wedding and engagement shoot, Joe did. Joe was great. Him and Jenn have such similar styles, I felt more than comfortable hiring the associate photographer after seeing his work, which was great because he was considerably less expensive. I only gave 3 stars for value because the service is still very expensive compared to other vendors, especially if Jen is shooting for you. But the quality of the pictures are really great. For responsiveness I gave a 3 because it does take Jen a little bit of time to respond if your service is not taking place in the near future. and you definitely have to be the one to reach out to her first. For flexibility I gave a 3.5 because I felt that what you see is what you get. I didn't feel that she goes above and beyond what you hire her for. She just does what is outlined for her to do and there is not much flexibility around it.

Overall I would recommend Jen to a friend with a large wedding budget. I would still recommend looking around though. I definitely fell in love wither her photos when I booked so for me it was worth it. For someone with a much lower budget, I would probably recommend looking elsewhere to get better value cause in the end it may not be worth it for you.

Sent on 02/02/2014

denise · Married on 05/17/2008

3.2
      2.0
      3.0

Jenn's photography is BEAUTIFUL. She is so artistic and does such an amazing job. Photography was the one thing that took me a while to book. I couldn't make a decision. I think as far as Jenn goes I made an alright decision. She does a good job, but her prices are really high for the package that you are getting from her. The one benefit that she had that some other photographers didn't ahve when I was looking, was the rights to the photos. You definitely want that. I also liked the fact that I got all of the proofs. But besides your album you don't get anyother pictures. It doesn't look like she does that much to the proofs either, except for changing the color and adding color. There is one picture that I love, but i had a crease in my boob area, and I would hav ethough she would have photoshopped it out. She does have a different kind of personality too. Its hard to explain. I guess shes just firm. Anyway, I would recommend her because I have over 600 proofs, but alot of them are all the same picture, just in different colors, but she does come up with lots of cool poses.

She does Boudoiur picutres too, which I would recommend. I did these for my husband and can't believe how she made me look. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Sent on 10/19/2008

Christina · Married on 06/11/2011

1.5
      2.0

So firsly, Jenn's work is BEAUTIFUL! She takes gorgeous photos and has an excellent eye. I think she is really great at editing photos, but she doesn't edit too many out of all that she takes. The ones that are edited are very above average and people compliment me on the photos all the time.

That being said she is on the expensive side and requires a large deposit. It seems as if after you pay the deposit she doesn't return your emails in a timely fashion and is sort of cold/short with her responses. I did not book the highest package and I have heard that she treats you much better if you do. She just rubbed me the wrong way with her behavior. Also, she said she would get my pictures to me by a certain date and another 2 weeks went by with still no pictures. I then sent her an email (nice btw) and I got no response. Another 3 weeks went by and I sent her another email and she did finally send the pictures, but with no apology. I would recommend her if you want beautiful pictures, but can deal with someone who doesn't seem to want to work hard for your approval. I wouldn't recommend her to friends...

Sent on 10/19/2011