Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

45 Reviews for Jenn by Design

Multi. Stylists (1)
Hair Extensions (1)
Updos/Styling (1)
Contour Makeup (1)

Jennifer and her sister provided exceptional work at a great price! They were able to put our vision to life with some beautiful hair and makeup styles. Not only were they efficient, but they were easy to talk to. It was just what the bride needed on what would've been an otherwise stressful day. No pre-wedding trials are needed, you're sure to be more than pleased with their services! I'd recommend them any day and for any occasion!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jenn and her team were amazing. When I was panicking, they knew how to calm me down. I am forever grateful for them. My hair was amazing and my make up waa flawless. My day was perfect because of them.

Profile Picture Amber, 12/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jennifer did an amazing job! She was so fun to work with!!! Amazing experience!

Profile Picture User7555822, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had a great experience with Jenn by Design. Jenn was prompt when responding to all my emails and questions. Sarah did our hair and makeup the day of the wedding and I couldn't have been happier. She was prompt, professional, and an amazing artist. My sister is getting married next year and we will definitely be using them again!

Profile Picture Diana, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jenn and her team were great to work with. We had a very large wedding party (12), but the three of them handled us with time to spare. I was pretty undecided on how to wear my hair. But after Jenn asked about my dress, accessories, and took my hair and the weather into consideration, she was able to recommend the perfect style. And to top it off, they kept us laughing the entire time!

Profile Picture Alexa, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jenn and Jessica are talented hair and makeup artists. I was very happy with my hair and makeup for my wedding in April 2016. My MOH, my mom, and my husband's mom all had their hair and makeup done, too, and were very pleased with the results. My only slightly negative comment would be related to timeliness. Jenn was an hour late for a hair/makeup trial for the mothers (said she had a morning wedding that ran late). She was also more than 30 mins late for my bridal hair/makeup trial due to traffic. She was on time or even early on my wedding day, but we had allocated 4 hours for hair & makeup for four people, which we thought would be more than enough time, and they finished an hour late, which really cut into the time we had scheduled for photos. However, in the big scheme of things, they were the least expensive hair/makeup artist we could find in Houston and they did a very nice job with the hair and makeup. I would recommend Jenn by Design for wedding hair/makeup, but would also recommend budgeting additional time in the schedule over what you plan.

Profile Picture User4834930, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling

Awesome job and awesome staff, did exactly what I wanted and turned out better than I ever imagined! Would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Alyse, 3/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jenn By Design was wonderful!!!!!!! Very friendly and professional! I have used them for many big events in my life so it was no question on who I would be using for my wedding day! Jennifer did EXACTLY what my girls and myself asked for and she made it 100 times better than what we would have ever dreamed of! Highly, highly, highly recommend them!!!!!

Profile Picture Brooke, 3/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jenn and Jessica made my daughter feel beautiful on her wedding day. The entire wedding party looked gorgeous, and they were such delights to deal with. I highly recommend them. Thanks again, Jenn!

Profile Picture Robin, 11/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jenn did the makeup for my friend's wedding while I was a bridesmaid, and she was prompt, prepared, funny while she did the makeup, and did a great job! I am booking her now for my wedding, and her prices are very reasonable!

Profile Picture User4312298, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Jenn by Design was spot on with the hair and makeup styles I wanted for myself and my bridesmaids!

Profile Picture User6120173, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jenn was a fantastic help on my wedding day. Her and her team where in Galveston and at our hotel room at 4:00 am to make 6 of us gorgeous for my cruise wedding. Obviously by the early time frame she is super flexible and extreamly accomadating . The hair and makeup were beautiful!! I couldn't have been more happy. The only thing I will say is that it does take her a little while to respond to e-mails . Just be patient she always answers eventually and she and her team are worth every penny!

Profile Picture hollyann, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jennifer did an amazing job on my hair for my cousins wedding. She listens to what you want and gives great suggestions. I will use her again!

Profile Picture Amber, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jennifer has been doing my hair for years and when it comes to my big day or my friends big day we can always count on her to make us feel beautiful! Thanks for being awesome, Jennifer!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jennifer is so incredibly talented, and she made all of us look and feel gorgeous! She's so easy to work with, and knows exactly how to combine her clients' wishes with her own expertise to come up with a perfect look! I could not have asked for a better stylist for the biggest day of my life!

Profile Picture Joy, 7/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My husband and I chose to just go to the JP to get married, but I knew I still wanted to feel like a bride on my wedding day. I found Jenn by Design online, and feel in love with her pictures. I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. Even if you having a small wedding, go ahead and splurge so that you feel and look beautiful.

Profile Picture amber, 7/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jenn was awesome and did a great job on me for my special day. She had some ideas i never thought of and it turned out much better than i could have imagined. I have recommended her to friends already.

Profile Picture jennifer, 6/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I chose Jenn to do my bridal makeup for my summer outdoor wedding. She did a fantastic job on my bridal makeup and understood exactly what I was asking for, even though I didn't exactly have the vocabulary to describe what it was I wanted. She also did all three of my bridesmaids and two hair styles, and they each looked stunning! She took the time with each face and really brought out everyone's best features. She was also a vital part of my actual wedding ceremony. My sister and Maid of Honor was on the verge of fainting up at the alter and was able to escape unoticiced to the dressing area where Jenn was still packing up. I was told later that my sister used the last of her strength to hold up my now husband's wedding band and exclaim her panic without words before she fainted. Jenn took the wedding band from my sister and snuck it back up to the alter like a ninja just in time! I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture User6121347, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup

Sarah and her assistant (I forgot her name) did an excellent job on my wedding. There were 9 of us and we were all done ahead of schedule. It rained the entire day, but my hair & makeup didn't budge. I would definitely use them again.

Profile Picture jessica, 4/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jenn by Design provided hair and makeup services for my wedding. I had a difficult time finding someone I could trust for this portion of my wedding. I wanted a very natural look for myself but my 6 other bridesmaids varied from romantic to glam. Jenn by Design did a great job and I would recommend them to other brides.

Profile Picture Abbey, 4/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Very professional and very personable! I was so impressed with her work I had her doll me up for a second occasion. I never felt so beautiful in my life! Would recommend to anyone and have done so!

Profile Picture April, 1/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I recently had my hair and makeup done by Jenn and Jessica for my best friend's wedding. I had no clue what I wanted, but they took my fine hair into consideration and made it look like I had twice the amount of hair that I actually do. They made everyone feel comfortable, classy, and beautiful. They finished about 20 minutes early, so they even stayed to help us take pictures. I would recommend Jenn and her team for anyone getting married, they'll make the day go smooth and you'll look great.

Profile Picture Amber, 12/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Jenn By Design made my wedding day amazing and made me feel so comfortable, relaxed and beautiful! My sister used her for her wedding earlier in the year, and I did not even consider looking at other options when it came time for mine. I inquired that same day about booking my wedding with Jenn by Design, and was so excited to have her do hair and makeup for myself and the bridal party. They truly made us look wonderful, and ensured to listen to what we wanted, in order to give us the best look for the big day. Jenn by Design is extremely reasonably priced, and you will not be disappointed! I highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture Alicia, 12/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I'm so conflicted on writing this review! Let me just start with - I LOVED Jenn. She showed up early & immediately put me at ease. She was laidback, yet professional. She brought absolutely everything she needed to do my hair and makeup - including lighting and a tall make up chair. Like I said, super professional! My make-up was fantastic and it stayed on all day, night, and the next day (oops! I didn't wash off my make-up that night; Don't judge!). It was raining on my wedding day, so the curls fell pretty quickly and it did frizz a bit. I'm not holding the weather-affected hair against her, AT ALL. The "poof" she put in lasted incredibly, but I do wish she had used more hair spray to try to avoid the frizz. Before the weather (which I can't blame on her at all!) hit my hair, it was stunning. Honestly, it was my fantasy hair and makeup. She did a fantastic job. Her pricing was amazing, as was her quality. 5 stars for Jenn, herself.

Now, for the bad.

The only bad for Jenn was that my hair & make up took a lot longer than expected. I know this happens a lot for brides, but it was a pretty big delay! I'm not sure how long I was in 'the chair', but I will say that I was supposed to take my bridal portraits at 4pm... And I was in the chair until 4:45 This was the only con for Jenn, but definitely something that needs work. I hope she works on blocking out more time for her brides in the future - because her quality is great and I'd definitely use her, again!

The other con is a big one, but isn't a direct reflection on Jenn, herself. She brought along Martin to assist in the bridesmaid's hair... He was really, really sweet. But oh goodness. Really slow and only one of the girls even liked her hair! He seemed really nervous, so I think he's new. Unfortunately, I would strongly recommend for Jenn not to use him in weddings until he has more experience. One of my bridesmaid's hair looked so bad that she was crying - until I made her ask him to redo it!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Thank you for making me feel and look beautiful on my wedding day!! ♡...all of my girls looked amazing!! I highly recommend jenn by design for your wedding day!! Jenn and her team are amazing and talented and very sweet!! I had never worn false lashes before but her sister/makeup artist explained them to me put them on me and I loved them!! Thank you again for everything! !

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/16/14, 2 Reviews