Jeffrey A. Miller Catering Reviews

300 Reviews for Jeffrey A. Miller Catering

• Abigail

Abigail Clemens · Getting married on 06/07/2021

Outstanding wedding experience!

We HIGHLY recommend JAM catering and the staff at The Lake House Inn for your special event! From day one of the planning process until the big day itself, we were able to customize and create our perfect menu and accommodate all of our varied guests’ dietary needs with ease and flexibility thanks to JAM. Guests were raving over every aspect from the cocktail hour appetizers to the main course and the delicious cake and gelato station to end the night. It was so important to us that our guests have a wonderful experience and thanks to JAM and the Lake House Inn, every detail was attended to!

Sent on 07/23/2020
  • Colin

Colin Kenny · Getting married on 05/10/2021

Consummate Professionals

Jeffery Miller Catering is the paragon of excellence in the catering business. Our associates, Craig and Tom, were able to help us create a unique and safe experience for our guests in the face of the current novel and unprecedented challenges with a deftness and professionalism that only their many combined years of experience in this domain could provide. Of particular note was the ability to which the company was able to remain flexible with the constantly evolving parameters set forth by the varied locations that the company serves. Most importantly our associates treated us benevolently thinking only of how they could serve our needs instead of how to ensure profits, as my wife and I heard many stories of companies exploiting couples with limited options. My wife and I bartended weddings for several years and were shocked at the quality of service offered by Jeffrey Miller Catering. The location, Bellevue Hall, was crafted especially to mitigate challenges caused by the current pandemic that assuaged the safety concerns that my wife and I had for our guests. I know of no other caterer that can boast a similar location. My wife and I additionally attended several weddings during the pandemic and were overjoyed when Jeffrey Miller Catering exceeded our expectations against all odds. My wife and I recommend Jeffery Miller wholeheartedly to anyone in need of catering services.

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Leonard

Leonard Malamud · Getting married on 11/08/2020

My daughter's dream

When my daughter started dreaming of her wedding day it was always the Lake House Inn. JAM catering is the designated caterer for events there. Carol Hollahan was our event planner and crossed overworking with us for both the venue and the caterer. The venue is gorgeous, overlooking Lake Nockamixon. JAM caterers was incredibly flexible due to Covid. They allowed us to reschedule from March to August with no increase in fees for the high season. They also decreased the minimum guest count. The food was excellent and the staff very attentive to our needs. I'll give a shout out to Joe the lead bartender, Dwight the front end manager, Marina who was always there to help without being asked and never seems to sleep and especially to Carol who was always there for us before the event and literally everywhere the day of the event. She always had a calming effect during this time of pandemic panic, but especially the day of the event.
    Everyone involved gave my daughter the day she has always dreamed of. A+ all around
    Len M.

Sent on 08/11/2020
  • Arielle

Arielle Dickinson · Married on 10/02/2020

Elegant Venue for Intimate Wedding

We would absolutely recommend Bellevue Hall with JAM Catering! Bellevue Hall has such a rich history and elegance that made such a beautiful backdrop to our intimate Fall wedding. Every detail, from the decadent catering options to the sophisticated and classic décor, has checked off all of our boxes when looking for an intimate wedding venue. Tom Covello was a pleasure to work with and has a knowledgeable expertise for weddings. He made our intimate Fall wedding come to life and flourish all while keeping everything within our budget. My wedding guests adored the venue and every detail of the wedding. We would highly recommend Bellevue Hall to any newly engaged couples in the tri-state area. If you are looking for an intimate and elegant wedding, Bellevue Hall is the quintessential venue! ~ Arielle & Michael 10.02.20

Sent on 10/10/2020

Andrea DeMaio · Married on 09/27/2020

Amazing, locally sourced food

JAM has an incredible menu and we love that they locally source and make a lot of it in house. We attended a wedding they catered once before and are now so excited to have them cater ours!

Sent on 02/14/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly Corcoran · Married on 09/19/2020

Above and beyond

Everyone raved about the food at our wedding. From the apps coming out still hot to almost getting a “10 course” meal served to ourselves and our guests just at cocktail hour. From start to finish the food AND staff was amazing

Sent on 09/30/2020

Kaitlin Tye · Married on 09/18/2020

Incredible food, service, staff and experience!! So FLEXIBLE and professional

JAM Catering went above and beyond to ensure we had the wedding of our dreams in the midst of the unpredictable and ever changing COVID 19 regulations.

We had originally planned to have our wedding at the Duke Art Gallery, however we were forced to rethink this plan due to the restrictions on number of guests permitted indoors. Our coordinator Craig presented us with a variety of options, including renting a tent for Duke Art Gallery or switching to an outdoor JAM venue. We decided to move the reception to the Tyler Arboretum: this was the best decision we could have made.

We are still in awe of how beautiful our day was. Craig, Cindy and the staff at Tyler made sure my husband and I, our families and guests had everything we needed throughout the evening. The venue was well equipped with hand sanitizing stations, set up to encourage social distancing and signage to promote guest and staff safety. We received nothing but compliments from our guests regarding the amazing food, decor, and exceptional service.

JAM catering is an amazing company that makes each couple feel so special and taken care of from start to finish. I am blessed to say that they helped to make my planning process feel exciting and relatively stress free despite the circumstances

Sent on 09/22/2020

Amanda Malamud · Married on 08/08/2020

5 Stars - Simply Not Enough!

Where do I even begin?! My wedding was this past weekend at The Lake House Inn and JAM Catering was truly wonderful and flexible throughout the entire planning process (which was extended due to the COVID-19 pandemic). The food was unbelievably delicious from the very first bite all the way through to the final cake bite and delicious truffles. Jeffrey Miller went above and beyond to comply with regulations and to make ourselves as well as our guests feel comfortable through the entire event. Our planner, Carol, was truly a God send throughout the entire process. She was timely and thorough with communication and details and made sure our wedding was seamless. She kept me in the loop with any changes that were occurring and always went to bat for myself and my fiance. Jeffrey Miller made an unprecedented and complicated situation far less stressful and provided us with the wedding of our dreams! 5 stars just doesn't seem like enough with how wonderful our experience was!

Sent on 08/11/2020
  • Jeff

Jeff Waples · Married on 08/08/2020

5 Stars Are Not Enough

I must start this review with speaking about our planner Carol, at The Lake House Inn. She was phenomenal in every aspect of planning, and orchestrating our wedding during a pandemic. We had to reschedule once, and due to the current world situation had updates to our guest list up until the start of our meal at the reception. Carol and JAM were incredibly flexible and understanding through the entire process.

With that said, they did provide the food and ambiance which left us speechless, and our guests with a wonderful experience. We still have people telling us about how good the food was, and how top notch the service is. My wife and I were just commenting the other day about how the servers never seemed to be in sight which left us to see our entire reception and all the enjoyment the guests were having.

I really cannot say enough great things about Carol, and JAM for what they provided my wife and I on our wedding day. Thank you!

Sent on 08/13/2020

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2020

A Dream Come True

We had our wedding on 7/11/2020 at The Lake House Inn with JAM Catering and it was the absolute BEST. DAY. EVER. Everything from the beginning to the food tasting went so smoothly. We actually did both the group tasting (which I HIGHLY recommend, the amount of food you eat and get to try is insane and was one of the most fun days ever!! It's a MUST!), and a private tasting with our parents. Our chef was professional, knowledgeable, but also a ton of fun! And the food turned out amazing!
    Then the pandemic hit. These are such difficult and stressful times, so we understood there were constant changes. What we weren't prepared for was our venue to put out insane rules 8 days before our wedding that would have made the day impossible. We talked to Shannon about possibly cancelling, and then asked if any other venue's would hold our wedding. We have been together for 11 years and engaged for 2.5 years, and couldn't imagine putting it off any longer. Shannon immediately got on the phone and started calling other venues for us and found The Lake House Inn was available and would have us. We went from the most stressed out bride and groom, to crying tears of joy. It was a very hectic week before the wedding, but both Shannon and Ashley were INCREDIBLE with getting everything together so quickly. This never would've happened without them and their support. The food was out of this world and our guests are still raving about it and the staff. People are saying our wedding is the highlight of their year, and one of the best weddings they have been to in years. We couldn't have asked for a better company to help us celebrate our day and would recommend them to anyone and everyone in a heart beat!

Sent on 08/13/2020

Kathryn K · Married on 06/20/2020

Thank you Kim & Catherine!

Thank you to JAM and especially our wedding coordinator, Catherine, and sales manager, Kim, for all that they've done to help us through this uncertain time. My fiancé and I had to reschedule our wedding due to COVID-19, and they've helped us every step of the way- from weighing all of our options to ultimately coming to the decision to reschedule. They've answered countless phone calls, emails, (along with our never-ending list of questions) and worked hard behind the scenes to make sure we felt comfortable and satisfied with our decision, and done so with nothing but smiles on their faces. Though we're still far from our new date, we couldn't be more excited or confident that we picked the right place and the right team to make our dream wedding come true. Navigating through this time certainly isn't easy for anyone, but it's definitely easier if you have a team like Kim and Catherine behind you :)

Sent on 05/09/2020

Meghan Sacks · Married on 06/20/2020

Such a Personal Menu

The team at Jeffrey A Miller Catering was fantastic to work with throughout the wedding planning process. My husband and I had a very specific idea of what we wanted on the menu for our big day, and JAM Catering worked with us to create the perfect customized menu! They were clear about pricing and were patient with my seemingly endless questions. Our parents had a wonderful time at the private tasting we scheduled in the city. The fresh, locally sourced food could not have been better for our day, and I couldn't recommend JAM more!

Sent on 10/10/2020

Taylor Findle · Married on 06/17/2020

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Just wanted to reach out and say thank you and everyone on the JAM team. On what was supposed to be our wedding day, its hard not think about what could have been, but with all the support we have gotten from all of you, its easy to imagine what will be on our new date.

I am super appreciative for how easy your team is making this switch to a new date, and all the flexibility during these crazy times. Glad that we can focus on staying healthy and safe, knowing that we have the dream team helping us make our wedding day awesome even if it is not what we originally planned. Thank you for answering the endless questions, listening when we needed to vent, providing endless and helpful information, and just being available at any time. It is certainly making this whole process so much easier.

Kev and I thank you sincerely for all that you guys have done so far, and all that is to come. We are excited for what June holds, the chance to see everyone we care about, and the chance to celebrate something special.

Hoping you and your families are staying safe and healthy during this time.
    Looking forward to working with you all in the near future!

Thank you for everything! ❤
    -The Soon-to-be Hubers

Sent on 04/29/2020

Kiara M Benitez · Married on 04/18/2020

Great communication

One thing I rave about this company is how responsive they are to our emails and how well they communicate with our wedding coordinator at Waterloo Village. We have yet to sit down and do our food tasting, but know that it is right around the corner, we have receive several emails to let us know. Very excited to work with this company.

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Margaux

Margaux Viola · Married on 01/05/2020

Highly Recommend JAM!

Our September 2019 wedding was catered by Jeffrey Miller Catering at The American Swedish Museum. The food and service was amazing and we could not have been happier. The planning process was easy and we had a lot of opportunity to customize the menu. We loved their seasonal options and our guests raved about the food and the incredible staff. I will absolutely recommend JAM to friends and family.

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Abigail

Abigail Roxby · Married on 12/21/2019

Wow. An absolute dream

JAM Catering literally made our dream wedding come true. Tom Covello at Bellevue Hall worked with my now husband and I every step of the way. From touring the beautiful hall, to walking us through ceremony day, recommending food options, working with their chefs to make an entirely gluten free reception for us, helping everything run smoothly.

I cannot recommend this group enough. Jeff personally came and saw me on the wedding day to ensure that everything was perfect, then he cooked for us during the reception! Everything was utter perfection.

Everyone also says how stressful wedding planning is, not with Jeffrey A Miller on your side. It was fun and relaxed and they worked with and for us to make our wedding a success and everything we had dreamt of.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Liz · Married on 09/28/2019

An incredible experience at the American Swedish Historical Museum

We had such a wonderful experience working with JAM Catering for our wedding at the American Swedish Historical Museum. We toured the museum with Mandy a bit over a year before our wedding and were blown away by the beautiful interior and grounds. We loved that it was a venue that was in a green space, while also being part of South Philly. Its location also meant that it was easy for all of our guests to access, whether coming from near or far. After making our decision on the venue, the planning really kicked off at the group tasting, around 7 months before our wedding. It was great to get to sample all of the amazing options that we could choose for our wedding, and the care and craftsmanship that went into the production of that evening really reinforced to us that we had made the right decision.

Shoshanna, our JAM coordinator, was so wonderful to work with. She answered our many questions with thoughtfulness and timeliness, and we felt like we were in great hands every step of the way. The day itself went perfectly, and knowing that JAM was looking after all of the details meant that we could go about the evening without a single worry. All of the transitions -- from the ceremony to cocktail hour to reception -- were so incredibly smooth, and the food was, of course, delicious (we had so many compliments from our guests!). It was a beautiful and special evening at the American Swedish Historical Museum, and so much of it was thanks to JAM making it run without a hitch! We highly recommend working with them!

Sent on 01/25/2020

Victoria · Married on 09/21/2019

9.18.20 wedding

We booked the Lake House Inn in 2018 it was only the second venue we looked at & we were sold. The planning process was extremely easy with Craig.

We were supposed to get married on 3/20/20. We then proceeded to change the date 3 times because of COVID. The last date change gave us about 3 weeks to re plan the wedding (9.18.20) Craig was amazing, supportive, and understanding through all of the changes. The day FINALLY comes and I am blown away by the experience.

Since we had a Friday wedding we arrived Thursday for rehearsal and had the venue until Saturday morning. It felt like a mini vacation. The amount of effort & love from the entire staff at LHI was above and beyond.

Carol was our day of planner and she was an absolute dream!! She is the best and immediately became apart of the family. She is there every step of the day to make sure everything runs smoothly and your being taken care of. Carol even helped my MOH hold my dress up in the bathroom lol. The innkeeper Marina is also the best & NEVER stops working hard taking care of everyone. She immediately became apart of the family. The head bartender Joe noticed I kept ordering the signature drink (tipsy Arnold Palmer) and it was almost gone so he stopped serving it and saved it for me. There ended up being some left after the wedding and I saw it sitting in the grooms lounge for the after party waiting for me. All of the little things and thoughtfulness doesn't go unnoticed.

JAM catering is also top notch. We had a food tasting with Kwame and loved him so he made sure to be at our wedding and the food was perfection. Dwight is also amazing he made sure everything ran smoothly as well.

Besides all of that, the venue is absolutely breathtaking. We got to have our ceremony outside and happened to get the most gorgeous weather. Also what sets this venue apart is that you can get most of your friends & family to stay at the venue with you. The day of was not stressful in the slightest you don't have to go anywhere you just hang out - hair & makeup came to us.

It really was the most magical day I cannot say enough good things about our entire experience. The stress of COVID and changing our wedding 3 times was insane but Craig eased our minds.The best decision we made was choosing LHI/ JAM catering to be our venue.

Sent on 09/22/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/06/2019

JAM @ Bishop Farmstead 9-6-19

You can see the level of care that JAM puts into every step of the wedding planning process. We got married at the Bishop Farmstead, one of their new venues, and were one of the first to get married there. However, they were able to adapt to the venue with as little missteps as possible, and the work/renovations they put into the venue itself were incredible. There were a few bumps along the planning process but that is to be expected for such a large event. The day of, however, we cannot say enough about the professionalism, care, and quality of the service and food. Our coordinator Craig took such good care of us before, during, and after the ceremony. Our captain Tanvir was also amazing. Our guests raved about the food and the venue all night long. JAM is a BYOB catering company which at first presented some challenges, but my fiance and I brewed our own beer for the event which made it even more special and "us"! My new husband and I can't say enough good things about JAM and are so happy with how our wedding day turned out. We used their Bistro menu which is a basic menu that you can customize or add items to, which we highly recommend - the food was amazing and the bistro menu allowed us to stay within our budget while still putting on an amazing event!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Bianca

Bianca · Married on 07/20/2019

Gorgeous venue, delicious food, happy husband and wife!

I cannot begin to express how grateful I am for Jeffrey Miller Catering. My husband and I visited two of their venues as potential venues for our wedding and ultimately landed on The American Swedish Historic Museum. I loved the unique charm the museum had and Mandy and Shoshanna were so lovely to work with. No one ever missed a beat! From prompt email replies to many last minute changes the week of the wedding, everything was done quickly and gracefully. The wedding day and night were more than we could ever imagined. While running on adrenaline and the energy of the room, I managed to try appetizers, my meal, and all the desserts. Everything was DELICIOUS. All my guests are talking about how amazing the food was. Every item I brought was placed exactly how I imagined. The staff was ON IT the entire night. They didn't miss a thing. Food was passed out quickly and the captain and servers were constantly ensuring all guests had everything they needed. The museum itself is STUNNING. While the wedding day is a crazy whirlwind that goes by in the blink of an eye, I truly tried to take some time to look around and take it all in, but I would need weeks to take in all the beauty of this museum. Desserts and photo booth were set up in different galleries which allowed guests to explore and they loved it. Dancing in the great hall under the painted ceiling was so special and fun. All our vendors were accommodated and mentioned JAM and Shoshanna being so easy to work with. The pictures from this venue, both indoor and outdoor are so captivating! If there are anymore synonyms for the words wonderful, amazing, and fantastic, just insert them here, because I am so grateful for JAM and the perfect wedding day they helped give my husband and I!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Lindsey · Married on 07/13/2019

Delicious, all inclusive caterer!

Working with JAM was an absolute pleasure! The group tasting mimicked a larger event and we were able to get a good idea of tons of different food choices! At our wedding, we saw tons of clean plates and guests had wonderful things to say about every entree choice as well as the wide array of hors d'oeuvres, especially the harvest table! It was clear that the food was fresh and expertly prepared. Our planner was prompt and knowledgeable and JAM was extremely accommodating of a vast range of dietary restrictions. Compared to other caterers we considered, the price was reasonable, and supplying your own alcohol is a fantastic way to keep the cost down while being able to provide guests with quality drinks. We would definitely recommend JAM!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 06/21/2019

Better Than Wedding Food!

Jeffrey A Miller catering is the exclusive vendor for our venue Waterloo Village - and to be honest they were a huge reason why we chose Waterloo to begin with! I have never had better food at a wedding, EVER. It's so fresh, farm to table, nothing was bland or boring. The wedding cake was RAVED about by all my guests for weeks after!!!! The hors d'oeuvre's during cocktail hour were PLENTIFUL and exquisitely delicious, all different kinds. We added the paella station and HIGHLY recommend it. I think people talked more about the food at my wedding than anything else, they may not have even noticed my dress, they were too busying eating the plentiful, incredible food! I am a wedding professional myself and have had tasted dozens upon dozens of different caterers over the years -- what you get during a "tasting" is not always what you get during the wedding. Well JAM delivers food that just might be better than they give you at the tasting! Truly high quality, deliciousness!

Sent on 02/20/2020
  • Cait

Cait · Married on 06/08/2019

Quality and attention to detail will delight you!

While most couples start their venue searches based on location or ambiance, my fiance and I had one "must have" on our list: Excellent food. JAM Catering continues to delight and surprise us. We toured 4-5 other venues before discovering JAM, and I was so undewhelmed by the cuisine options. They all screamed "boring wedding food." But JAM is different. Their menus are seasonal, farm-to-table, and a foodie's dream. They prepare every single item on site at their venues, which means you'll never have reheated entrees or stale appetizers. They're also the most flexible team I've encountered. We were able to swap out a traditional wedding cake for a fun donut bar at no extra cost, and they're experts at accommodating all dietary needs, from my dairy allergy to kosher and vegan meals. Their table and station displays are also BEAUTIFUL. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 02/25/2019
  • Mariah

Mariah · Married on 05/26/2019

Absolutely Delicious

When we booked our wedding at the Anthony Wayne House, we were taken back by the beauty of the property. However, beyond this, the food is absolutely delicious. We left our couples tasting completely stuffed and couldn't stop talking about the food for days. All of the food is extremely fresh and always homemade. We can't wait for our guests to be blown away by the variety of food as well as the quality and taste. We have spoken to previous brides at the venue and they constantly tell us how their guests are still talking about the food to this day! We are also excited that our day-of coordinator, Lauren, is going to make sure we are able to actually taste and enjoy the food on our big day! I would recommend JAM catering to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 04/24/2019

Allie · Married on 05/10/2019

Highly recommend for weddings!

We had a great experience working with JAM catering for our wedding at the American Swedish Historical Museum. The food was amazing and the staff made the event run incredibly smoothly from start to finish. Our planner Erika was super helpful and organized throughout the entire process and helped make sure everything was perfect, down to the smallest detail. I would highly recommend JAM catering and the American Swedish Historical museum for your wedding!

Sent on 05/14/2019