Jeff Ladd DJ Plus Reviews

148 | Wethersfield, CT

148 Reviews for Jeff Ladd DJ Plus

Ania · Married on 08/20/2016

Best decision we made was booking Jeff as our DJ for our wedding! If you're thinking of booking Jeff as your DJ, do it - you won't regret it! Working with Jeff was extremely easy, most of our communication was via e-mail because that was our preference and Jeff always responded promptly. What I loved most about Jeff's services is the unique combination of his beautiful saxophone playing with his upbeat DJing. You get the best of both worlds - a live performance with the saxophone and DJing all in one. All our guests raved about Jeff's work and our dance floor was never empty. Not to mention Jeff's smooth MCing. We couldn't have been happier with Jeff's work. He performed at our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Our guests couldn't believe that he was playing the saxophone in real time because it was so perfect - some people thought it was a recording. Jeff is the nicest individual and we hope we get the opportunity to work with him again. We didn't have to worry about a thing with Jeff behind the DJ table, as he kept the crowd entertained and the day on schedule. Also, as a nice touch Jeff provided us with a CD of all our main songs as a keepsake at the end of our evening. Jeff is the best!!!!!!!! Sign that contract and rest assured you will have a wedding that your guests will rave about for years to come.

Sent on 08/25/2016

Christina · Married on 08/13/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Jeff! He was recommended from our venue and I am so glad we took their advice. He completely understood my eclectic music taste (I can be quite picky) and was able to put together an amazing playlist that pleased all generations and kept everyone dancing on one of the hottest days of the year (it was 95 and humid). For the playlist Jeff took some of my favorite songs and combined them with music he knew would be hits with our guests. After the last song finished everyone chanted for an encore and he delivered! He went above and beyond my highest expectations. Our guests haven't stopped talking about how great he was and they loved the saxophone during cocktail our and dancing. It was really a special touch that took our reception to the next level.

Sent on 08/14/2016

Katie · Married on 08/06/2016

You will be SO happy using Jeff Ladd -- he brings such a different dimension to your wedding as both a musician and saxophonist. I didn't get the chance to meet Jeff in person until our wedding day and I felt like I was with my old friend. He is incredibly talented, fun, and can keep everyone out on the dance floor. Our group was mixed in their music tastes- some loving the current hip/hop and some throwing it back to the Grateful Dead- Jeff somehow gave a little bit of something for everybody WHILE keeping everyone entertained. I can't tell you how many guests came up to me DURING our wedding to tell us how much they loved Jeff. His live music will take your wedding to a whole new level. We couldn't have been happier working with Jeff. Best, Katie & AK

Sent on 08/07/2016

jay · Married on 08/06/2016

I would advise any person considering Jeff to take the time to interview Jeff and to contact anyone who has had Jeff DJ their event. After doing this you will see what a great choice he is, I have had 3 kids married in the last 3 years, he was far and away the best DJ we ever had.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Robin · Married on 08/06/2016

Check out your options, Jeff will be far and away the best option versus other DJs. My daughter had the wedding she always dreamed about and Jeff provided the atmosphere and environment for the reception. What a great DJ, musician and personality.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Shannon · Married on 07/31/2016

Jeff is an amazing DJ and talented musician! He was wonderful to work with, was so helpful and thoughtful throughout the process and guided us to select perfect songs for us. We had so many compliments from guests on him, everyone loved him! I would highly recommend him, he was awesome!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/09/2016

I cannot express enough how amazing Jeff is! I would highly recommend him to anyone who is only looking for the best of the best. On top of being such an amazing DJ, he plays the saxophone beautifully and it added such a romantic and personal touch to our wedding. Throughout our wedding, so many of our guests would come up to us and say "Wow, he is awesome". A DJ can really make or break a wedding, stress about your wedding a little less, by choosing Jeff!!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Christine · Married on 07/08/2016

So let me just tell you that working with Jeff Ladd as our DJ/musician was a wonderful and memorable experience. I walked into cocktail hour and had MULTIPLE guests come up to me and tell me how much they LOVED his talent while playing the sax! They thought it was unique and an elegant touch that he played the sax during pre-ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. My guests loved that touch (him playing the sax) and commented how it made the atmosphere feel relaxed, classy, and elegant. We loved how he would go from playing music to playing his sax and getting on the dance floor with our guests!

Jeff listened to us when we requested certain music and gave us great recommendations on music choices and how to sequence our wedding events. He is very professional and was WONDERFUL to work with. I recommend Jeff because he is not just a DJ, but also a musician which added another element to our wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Cara · Married on 07/03/2016

Jeff Ladd is incredibly talented! He is extremely professional and personable! He made the planning process stress free and made our wedding day perfect! We continue to receive compliments from all of our guests on how amazing Jeff Ladd was! At the end of the night he gave us a CD with some of the most important songs of the night, whenever I listen to it I get to relive our magical day. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Kim · Married on 06/25/2016

Jeff Ladd did an amazing job as my wedding DJ!! Right from the first initial meeting he was very professional, kind, helpful, and supportive. He was with us every step of the way during the whole process. He was very quick to respond and offer feedback when I had questions or needed some guidance on what music to select. Jeff is very talented!!! He captured our music style perfectly with the songs he chose to include during our reception. He not only played the popular upbeat dance songs but added a romantic feel to the whole wedding by playing songs on his saxophone as well!! It gave the our wedding that extra unique and classy feel!! He played songs that suited everyone and wold get all our guests (of all ages) up and dancing the night away!!! As an added bonus he collaborated with my matron of honor for her speech (as she did a rap song as part of it). He was more than willing to work with her and make the day just that much more special! We have been receiving compliments on how great he was ever since we stepped foot into the reception as a married couple!!! Guests came up to us right away and complimented how amazing Jeff was!! He even threw in a CD of all the songs he played at our wedding (such a nice touch!!!). We had such a great experience with him and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any occasion.

Kim and Matt

Sent on 08/03/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 05/22/2016

Hiring Jeff Ladd was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. He was easy to work with and thorough in making sure all of our music was both exactly what we wanted and a good fit for the wedding. For the reception, we put the musical selections entirely in his hands, and we were continually fielding compliments from our guests about how good Jeff was both as a DJ and as a saxophonist. Everyone had a blast! Our wedding would not have been the same-- would not have been as perfect-- without Jeff at the musical helm. I highly recommend him to any couple looking for a DJ with a bit of extra flare to make their wedding day truly memorable.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Nicole · Married on 05/21/2016

Where to begin?! Jeff was our DJ/amazing saxophonist for our May 21st wedding in Saratoga Springs, NY. When looking for a DJ, we really wanted to find someone who could DJ as well as play live music so we really hit the jackpot when we found Jeff. We spoke to quite a few other DJ/musicians, but in the end, we ended up going with Jeff due to his warm personality, amazing talent, and glowing reviews. Although Jeff hadn’t worked in upstate NY previously, we took a gamble and couldn’t be happier.

Leading up to the wedding, Jeff was easily accessible and easy to work with. He provided recommendations for songs when needed and was also very open to our must play/do not play suggestions. But the day of the wedding is where Jeff really shined. Our guests, made up of 75% guests aged 25-35, could not stop raving about Jeff – playing everything from classic Stevie Wonder to modern house music in perfect balance. Guests thought it was so unique to have someone who could DJ and play saxophone from the cocktail hour up through the last song. The highlight of the night was at the end of the night encore when Jeff got in the middle of a large circle of 75 guests on the dance floor and played ‘Africa’ on the sax – everyone was clapping and dancing around Jeff, clearly demonstrating the amazing job Jeff did to keep guests on the dance floor from beginning to end.

We cannot say enough amazing things about Jeff and would recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone who is looking for an ‘all around’ DJ. For us it was hard to find a DJ who ranged the full spectrum of music, from Frank Sinatra to Calvin Harris, but Jeff was able to pull off every type of music and then some. The dance floor was full all night from pre-dinner to the very last minute of our reception. Book Jeff Ladd for your reception immediately – you will be glad you did!!!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Liz · Married on 01/02/2016

Jeff Ladd was referred to me by my good friend and Justice of the Peace, as one of only two DJs she would recommend. Hiring Jeff Ladd to DJ and MC our wedding was one of the best decisions we made.

Jeff was so helpful in planning the flow of the evening with all his creative ideas from his years of experience. He was also open to any specials requests we had to add to the day. Jeff is very good at reading his customers and the crowd and he responded by adding many unexpected touches.

The day went off without a hitch. Jeff was so professional. He took the worry of the details our of our hands so we were free to relax and enjoy our wedding day. Jeff's saxophone playing added such a touch of class to the day that neither our guests nor my new husband or I have ever experienced. Everyone raved about him throughout the evening.

Jeff Ladd is so much for than a DJ. He's a very talented musician and party organizer. Hiring Jeff Ladd for your special event will be money well spent.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Marisa · Married on 12/05/2015

It was our pleasure to have Jeff Ladd DJ Plus as part of our wedding on December, 5th!! Jeff Ladd is an amazing DJ and talented musician!! We knew when planning our wedding that the music would be one of the most important aspects of the night and what an excellent choice we made in hiring Jeff! He was so responsive, really took his time to get to know us and was in constant contact with us during the entire planning process. His suggestions were so helpful and really appreciated! He understood exactly what we needed from our DJ. From the cocktail hour to the very last song of the reception, Jeff captured our style of music perfectly and was such a great DJ and MC. He had the dance floor filled all night long! His captivating saxophone playing added a unique and classy touch. His professionalism, enthusiasm, attention to detail, and knowledge made our wedding a huge success! We could not have wished for a better experience and cannot thank him enough for making our night so memorable! Our guests have not stopped talking about how great the music was! We highly recommend Jeff Ladd to anyone planning a wedding or big event!!

Marisa & Stephen

Sent on 01/03/2016

Heather · Married on 11/28/2015

Jeff was referred to my husband and I by my late mother-in-law. I remember the first time the three us of went to meet Jeff and discuss our music plans for our wedding. From the first meeting we knew Jeff was the musician we wanted on our special day. After hearing about the loss of my husband's mom three months before our wedding, Jeff reached out to us to send his deepest condolescences and set up a meeting to discuss ideas of how to remember her on our wedding day. Jeff offered us some great suggestions and we cannot thank him enough. Jeff did a wonderful job of MCing our wedding and adding that special touch to the reception. The entire night went so smoothly and everyone raved about Jeff's saxophone playing during cocktail hour and dinner as well as his ability to get everyone up dancing the whole night! Jeff has an incredible gift of being able to read the crowd and play music that appeals to everyone. My husband and I cannot thank Jeff enough for making our wedding day so personal and so special and for taking the time to get to know us as a couple. My husband and I would highly recommend Jeff! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Kris · Married on 11/14/2015

Everyone LOVED Jeff!! I am the mother of the bride and did all of the wedding planning, so first, I have to say he was probably the easiest of all of my vendors with whom to work. He returned every call almost immediately, was very accommodating to my daughter's schedule when planning face to face meetings. He offered excellent insight and advice and answered every question thoroughly. It gave me such incredible peace of mind knowing how experienced and professional he is.
    At the reception, we could not have been happier with Jeff. Countless guests commented on his amazing horn playing. Many said it was so good, they thought it was recorded music at first, then saw he was there performing live and were blown away!!! Such a unique, and classy addition to the reception.
    He emceed the event very well. He was engaging and entertaining but not over the top, or obtrusive!! His choice of music was excellent. I had guests from age 12 to age 91 and he had something for everyone. Not one complaint from anyone, but compliments from everyone!! The dance floor was consistently full!
    We had originally booked him for his standard five hours with the option to extend if the party was still rocking. He checked with me ten minutes before he was to finish and after checking with the bride and groom (on the dance floor with their friends) we decided to keep it going for an additional half hour.
    He really is an amazing musician, dj, and person. When the reception was over and we were packing things up and carrying everything to the car, he even offered to help with that!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Katie · Married on 11/07/2015

Book him! Now!!! He made our reception the perfect night-one we will never forget and can't stop talking about! This was the first wedding I have ever been to where everyone and I mean everyone was on the dance floor and had to be asked to take seats because dinner was being served! Jeff knew the right music to get everyone dancing, laughing, and having the time of their lives! The saxophone was killer! Just wow! Everyone was raving about how amazing he was! It was the most beautiful and fun night we have ever had! Throughout the process-Jeff was on point with contacting me and returning any calls/emails and such a wonderful genuine personality! I highly recommend Jeff-the DJ is such an important part of the night and it will be a night for the books!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2015

Jeff did an amazing job at our wedding last night from coordinating a last minute switch from an outdoor ceremony to indoors because of the weather to cocktail hour to the reception he hit every point on the mark! He was above and beyond everything we were looking for! Our dance floor was full ALL night long and all of our guests and other vendors were raving about Jeff!!!! Thank you so much for helping make our night above our wildest dreams!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Denise · Married on 10/03/2015

Let me start by saying that I am the Mother of the Bride and wanted the "Perfect" day for my daughter. When we found the venue of choice, we wouldn't reserve the date until we spoke with Jeff Ladd to make sure he was available!
    During our planning stages for the wedding, we (my daughter and I) spoke with Jeff about any questions and concerns and he was always available for us. When we got to the end of the process, we met with Jeff and picked out the music and discussed what we expected at the wedding. The last time I planned a wedding was 27 years ago and my daughter has never done this so any recommends from Jeff was greatly appreciated. Jeff did tweak some of our ideas and boy was he on target with that. The day of the wedding, Jeff was strolling the cocktail hour with his different instruments and everyone was very impressed. Jeff is not just a DJ but he makes your day absolutely magical and does everything first class. Throughout the evening he kept the dance floor packed! Jeff not only did a great job with the music but was able to feel the crowd and cater to the music to keep the party going. At one point I had stepped out of the hall and when I walked back in, for a moment, I thought people had started to leave as the tables were empty and then soon realized everyone was on the dance floor. I cant say enough great things about Jeff but that day/night all of my guests were in love with him. I had friends and family calling the next day asking for his information for future parties. Once you go to a party and meet Jeff and see how he does his magic, I promise, you will never use anyone else!!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 10/03/2015

Let me start by saying Jeff is the best DJ I have ever met and is purely talented! I have known Jeff since I was in middle school and he was the DJ as my schools 'Boo Bash'. As years passed and I got engaged, there was no other option but to have Jeff as my DJ. Before the date was booked, we made sure Jeff was available for our date. When we decided to change our date, before anything was official, Jeff had to be available.

A few weeks before my wedding we met with Jeff to go over my thoughts for music and the flow of the wedding. We went over everything from the pronunciation of everyones name to the extra special requests that I had. He had great suggestions for the Mother/Son song and for the introductions for the Bridal Party. It is clear that Jeff knows what music is popular at the moment and what the crowd will like. I gave Jeff a list of a few songs I wanted played, but the rest were his choice and he did an amazing job!

Not only does Jeff get the crowd going, he knows how to read the crowd and what songs are popular. He is AMAZING at playing the saxophone! All my guests were amazing at his talents and his choice of music. My friends (in their 20s) were all very impressed with his selection of music and how amazing the saxophone sounded. They even went so far to take business cards for their future events.

If you are looking to have the wedding or party of a lifetime and want great music and a great DJ, PLEASE do yourself a favor and talk to Jeff Ladd. I cannot stress enough how amazing he was. Thank you Jeff!!

Sent on 12/19/2015

Roger · Married on 09/19/2015

This man is VERY talented, His sax playing skills literally rival Kenny G, ( and I am not kidding) He made my daughters wedding reception a very special night. He is responsive to what you want and gets it done. If you are looking for a reception DJ, look no further, you cannot go wrong with Jeff, Thank you for making it great! Signed

Sent on 10/21/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 09/18/2015

EVERYONE loved Jeff! He was a fantastic DJ, read the crows really well, kept the dance floor full all night and provided us with some fantastic sax music for our cocktail hour and during dinner. Many of my guests had wonderful things to say about Jeff after the wedding, and a few kept his card in case they need a DJ. Classy and professional, Jeff really is a crowd pleaser.

from the bride perspective, Jeff was great. He was easy to work with, accommodating of my very hectic schedule, and had very helpful suggestions for planning my wedding. There is a reason he is a preferred vendor for so many venues in my area. He is experienced and very familiar with his trade. I wish I spoken with him sooner and ironed our some of the finer details about entrances and songs - he has some great suggestions! But, a few weeks before the wedding (which was when my procrastinating self got my act together) is sort of short on time! Regardless, Jeff worked with me and it all went off without a hitch! I didn't have a lot of music picked out so he helped me pick songs they really reflected me and my groom and I left the rest to him. Again, cannot say enough about how well he did reading the crowd. Everyone had an absolute blast - even my 80yr uncle who wasn't sure he would have fun told me it was the best wedding he had ever attended - he even got up and danced!

A+ for Jeff Ladd, I would highly recommend him for any event

Sent on 10/13/2015

James · Married on 08/29/2015

I could not possibly give a higher recommendation to Jeff Ladd! My wife and I live apart because of my military service, so planning the wedding was a bit challenging. Jeff took care of absolutely everything regarding music at our wedding and the overall pace and timing of the night. Jeff is the perfect DJ in that he took the reins, planned it all out incorporating our requests, and alleviated any worry or concern on our part. Trust me, this is a huge relief leading up to and on the day of the wedding. He orchestrated the music at the ceremony seamlessly, played at cocktail hour, and was the hit of the evening during the reception. I cannot tell you the amount of people who have commented to me after the fact how much they enjoyed the music at our reception. He has an exceptional knack for choosing just the right song at just the right time and he kept all of us dancing and celebrating for the entire night. He is also an extraordinarily talented saxophone player. I honestly thought it was a recording until I looked up and saw him playing what can only be described as a studio quality performance in the middle of the dance floor. Jeff is phenomenal, friendly, considerate, affordable, and fun! Hire him without a second thought. Also, do yourself a favor and request he play his saxophone cover of Aha's "Take on Me." It absolutely brought the house down!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Kelly · Married on 08/16/2015

We were told that the DJ has a large impact on a wedding and he sure did! Jeff's phenomenal saxophone playing was surreal, and his mix of songs had the dance floor packed throughout it's entirety. He listened to what we envisioned and executed it all perfectly. In fact, many guests asked for his info for their future weddings and engagements.

Sent on 08/18/2015

Sarajane · Married on 08/15/2015

Jeff Ladd is one of the best choices I made for my wedding. His personal touch of live performance along with the skills to really captivate the crowd with music is what makes him the best. I have and will continue to recommend his services to my friends and family without a doubt.

Sent on 11/30/2015