Jeff Ladd DJ Plus Reviews

140 Reviews for Jeff Ladd DJ Plus

Jeff Ladd DJ Plus 1
Jeff Ladd DJ Plus 2

Christine · Married on 07/08/2016

So let me just tell you that working with Jeff Ladd as our DJ/musician was a wonderful and memorable experience. I walked into cocktail hour and had MULTIPLE guests come up to me and tell me how much they LOVED his talent while playing the sax! They thought it was unique and an elegant touch that he played the sax during pre-ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. My guests loved that touch (him playing the sax) and commented how it made the atmosphere feel relaxed, classy, and elegant. We loved how he would go from playing music to playing his sax and getting on the dance floor with our guests!

Jeff listened to us when we requested certain music and gave us great recommendations on music choices and how to sequence our wedding events. He is very professional and was WONDERFUL to work with. I recommend Jeff because he is not just a DJ, but also a musician which added another element to our wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2016

Cara · Married on 07/03/2016

Jeff Ladd is incredibly talented! He is extremely professional and personable! He made the planning process stress free and made our wedding day perfect! We continue to receive compliments from all of our guests on how amazing Jeff Ladd was! At the end of the night he gave us a CD with some of the most important songs of the night, whenever I listen to it I get to relive our magical day. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Kim · Married on 06/25/2016

Jeff Ladd did an amazing job as my wedding DJ!! Right from the first initial meeting he was very professional, kind, helpful, and supportive. He was with us every step of the way during the whole process. He was very quick to respond and offer feedback when I had questions or needed some guidance on what music to select. Jeff is very talented!!! He captured our music style perfectly with the songs he chose to include during our reception. He not only played the popular upbeat dance songs but added a romantic feel to the whole wedding by playing songs on his saxophone as well!! It gave the our wedding that extra unique and classy feel!! He played songs that suited everyone and wold get all our guests (of all ages) up and dancing the night away!!! As an added bonus he collaborated with my matron of honor for her speech (as she did a rap song as part of it). He was more than willing to work with her and make the day just that much more special! We have been receiving compliments on how great he was ever since we stepped foot into the reception as a married couple!!! Guests came up to us right away and complimented how amazing Jeff was!! He even threw in a CD of all the songs he played at our wedding (such a nice touch!!!). We had such a great experience with him and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any occasion.

Kim and Matt

Sent on 08/03/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 05/22/2016

Hiring Jeff Ladd was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. He was easy to work with and thorough in making sure all of our music was both exactly what we wanted and a good fit for the wedding. For the reception, we put the musical selections entirely in his hands, and we were continually fielding compliments from our guests about how good Jeff was both as a DJ and as a saxophonist. Everyone had a blast! Our wedding would not have been the same-- would not have been as perfect-- without Jeff at the musical helm. I highly recommend him to any couple looking for a DJ with a bit of extra flare to make their wedding day truly memorable.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Nicole · Married on 05/21/2016

Where to begin?! Jeff was our DJ/amazing saxophonist for our May 21st wedding in Saratoga Springs, NY. When looking for a DJ, we really wanted to find someone who could DJ as well as play live music so we really hit the jackpot when we found Jeff. We spoke to quite a few other DJ/musicians, but in the end, we ended up going with Jeff due to his warm personality, amazing talent, and glowing reviews. Although Jeff hadn’t worked in upstate NY previously, we took a gamble and couldn’t be happier.

Leading up to the wedding, Jeff was easily accessible and easy to work with. He provided recommendations for songs when needed and was also very open to our must play/do not play suggestions. But the day of the wedding is where Jeff really shined. Our guests, made up of 75% guests aged 25-35, could not stop raving about Jeff – playing everything from classic Stevie Wonder to modern house music in perfect balance. Guests thought it was so unique to have someone who could DJ and play saxophone from the cocktail hour up through the last song. The highlight of the night was at the end of the night encore when Jeff got in the middle of a large circle of 75 guests on the dance floor and played ‘Africa’ on the sax – everyone was clapping and dancing around Jeff, clearly demonstrating the amazing job Jeff did to keep guests on the dance floor from beginning to end.

We cannot say enough amazing things about Jeff and would recommend him in a heartbeat to anyone who is looking for an ‘all around’ DJ. For us it was hard to find a DJ who ranged the full spectrum of music, from Frank Sinatra to Calvin Harris, but Jeff was able to pull off every type of music and then some. The dance floor was full all night from pre-dinner to the very last minute of our reception. Book Jeff Ladd for your reception immediately – you will be glad you did!!!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Liz · Married on 01/02/2016

Jeff Ladd was referred to me by my good friend and Justice of the Peace, as one of only two DJs she would recommend. Hiring Jeff Ladd to DJ and MC our wedding was one of the best decisions we made.

Jeff was so helpful in planning the flow of the evening with all his creative ideas from his years of experience. He was also open to any specials requests we had to add to the day. Jeff is very good at reading his customers and the crowd and he responded by adding many unexpected touches.

The day went off without a hitch. Jeff was so professional. He took the worry of the details our of our hands so we were free to relax and enjoy our wedding day. Jeff's saxophone playing added such a touch of class to the day that neither our guests nor my new husband or I have ever experienced. Everyone raved about him throughout the evening.

Jeff Ladd is so much for than a DJ. He's a very talented musician and party organizer. Hiring Jeff Ladd for your special event will be money well spent.

Sent on 01/03/2016

Heather · Married on 11/28/2015

Jeff was referred to my husband and I by my late mother-in-law. I remember the first time the three us of went to meet Jeff and discuss our music plans for our wedding. From the first meeting we knew Jeff was the musician we wanted on our special day. After hearing about the loss of my husband's mom three months before our wedding, Jeff reached out to us to send his deepest condolescences and set up a meeting to discuss ideas of how to remember her on our wedding day. Jeff offered us some great suggestions and we cannot thank him enough. Jeff did a wonderful job of MCing our wedding and adding that special touch to the reception. The entire night went so smoothly and everyone raved about Jeff's saxophone playing during cocktail hour and dinner as well as his ability to get everyone up dancing the whole night! Jeff has an incredible gift of being able to read the crowd and play music that appeals to everyone. My husband and I cannot thank Jeff enough for making our wedding day so personal and so special and for taking the time to get to know us as a couple. My husband and I would highly recommend Jeff! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Kris · Married on 11/14/2015

Everyone LOVED Jeff!! I am the mother of the bride and did all of the wedding planning, so first, I have to say he was probably the easiest of all of my vendors with whom to work. He returned every call almost immediately, was very accommodating to my daughter's schedule when planning face to face meetings. He offered excellent insight and advice and answered every question thoroughly. It gave me such incredible peace of mind knowing how experienced and professional he is.
    At the reception, we could not have been happier with Jeff. Countless guests commented on his amazing horn playing. Many said it was so good, they thought it was recorded music at first, then saw he was there performing live and were blown away!!! Such a unique, and classy addition to the reception.
    He emceed the event very well. He was engaging and entertaining but not over the top, or obtrusive!! His choice of music was excellent. I had guests from age 12 to age 91 and he had something for everyone. Not one complaint from anyone, but compliments from everyone!! The dance floor was consistently full!
    We had originally booked him for his standard five hours with the option to extend if the party was still rocking. He checked with me ten minutes before he was to finish and after checking with the bride and groom (on the dance floor with their friends) we decided to keep it going for an additional half hour.
    He really is an amazing musician, dj, and person. When the reception was over and we were packing things up and carrying everything to the car, he even offered to help with that!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Katie · Married on 11/07/2015

Book him! Now!!! He made our reception the perfect night-one we will never forget and can't stop talking about! This was the first wedding I have ever been to where everyone and I mean everyone was on the dance floor and had to be asked to take seats because dinner was being served! Jeff knew the right music to get everyone dancing, laughing, and having the time of their lives! The saxophone was killer! Just wow! Everyone was raving about how amazing he was! It was the most beautiful and fun night we have ever had! Throughout the process-Jeff was on point with contacting me and returning any calls/emails and such a wonderful genuine personality! I highly recommend Jeff-the DJ is such an important part of the night and it will be a night for the books!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2015

Jeff did an amazing job at our wedding last night from coordinating a last minute switch from an outdoor ceremony to indoors because of the weather to cocktail hour to the reception he hit every point on the mark! He was above and beyond everything we were looking for! Our dance floor was full ALL night long and all of our guests and other vendors were raving about Jeff!!!! Thank you so much for helping make our night above our wildest dreams!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2015

Denise · Married on 10/03/2015

Let me start by saying that I am the Mother of the Bride and wanted the "Perfect" day for my daughter. When we found the venue of choice, we wouldn't reserve the date until we spoke with Jeff Ladd to make sure he was available!
    During our planning stages for the wedding, we (my daughter and I) spoke with Jeff about any questions and concerns and he was always available for us. When we got to the end of the process, we met with Jeff and picked out the music and discussed what we expected at the wedding. The last time I planned a wedding was 27 years ago and my daughter has never done this so any recommends from Jeff was greatly appreciated. Jeff did tweak some of our ideas and boy was he on target with that. The day of the wedding, Jeff was strolling the cocktail hour with his different instruments and everyone was very impressed. Jeff is not just a DJ but he makes your day absolutely magical and does everything first class. Throughout the evening he kept the dance floor packed! Jeff not only did a great job with the music but was able to feel the crowd and cater to the music to keep the party going. At one point I had stepped out of the hall and when I walked back in, for a moment, I thought people had started to leave as the tables were empty and then soon realized everyone was on the dance floor. I cant say enough great things about Jeff but that day/night all of my guests were in love with him. I had friends and family calling the next day asking for his information for future parties. Once you go to a party and meet Jeff and see how he does his magic, I promise, you will never use anyone else!!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 10/03/2015

Let me start by saying Jeff is the best DJ I have ever met and is purely talented! I have known Jeff since I was in middle school and he was the DJ as my schools 'Boo Bash'. As years passed and I got engaged, there was no other option but to have Jeff as my DJ. Before the date was booked, we made sure Jeff was available for our date. When we decided to change our date, before anything was official, Jeff had to be available.

A few weeks before my wedding we met with Jeff to go over my thoughts for music and the flow of the wedding. We went over everything from the pronunciation of everyones name to the extra special requests that I had. He had great suggestions for the Mother/Son song and for the introductions for the Bridal Party. It is clear that Jeff knows what music is popular at the moment and what the crowd will like. I gave Jeff a list of a few songs I wanted played, but the rest were his choice and he did an amazing job!

Not only does Jeff get the crowd going, he knows how to read the crowd and what songs are popular. He is AMAZING at playing the saxophone! All my guests were amazing at his talents and his choice of music. My friends (in their 20s) were all very impressed with his selection of music and how amazing the saxophone sounded. They even went so far to take business cards for their future events.

If you are looking to have the wedding or party of a lifetime and want great music and a great DJ, PLEASE do yourself a favor and talk to Jeff Ladd. I cannot stress enough how amazing he was. Thank you Jeff!!

Sent on 12/19/2015

Roger · Married on 09/19/2015

This man is VERY talented, His sax playing skills literally rival Kenny G, ( and I am not kidding) He made my daughters wedding reception a very special night. He is responsive to what you want and gets it done. If you are looking for a reception DJ, look no further, you cannot go wrong with Jeff, Thank you for making it great! Signed

Sent on 10/21/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 09/18/2015

EVERYONE loved Jeff! He was a fantastic DJ, read the crows really well, kept the dance floor full all night and provided us with some fantastic sax music for our cocktail hour and during dinner. Many of my guests had wonderful things to say about Jeff after the wedding, and a few kept his card in case they need a DJ. Classy and professional, Jeff really is a crowd pleaser.

from the bride perspective, Jeff was great. He was easy to work with, accommodating of my very hectic schedule, and had very helpful suggestions for planning my wedding. There is a reason he is a preferred vendor for so many venues in my area. He is experienced and very familiar with his trade. I wish I spoken with him sooner and ironed our some of the finer details about entrances and songs - he has some great suggestions! But, a few weeks before the wedding (which was when my procrastinating self got my act together) is sort of short on time! Regardless, Jeff worked with me and it all went off without a hitch! I didn't have a lot of music picked out so he helped me pick songs they really reflected me and my groom and I left the rest to him. Again, cannot say enough about how well he did reading the crowd. Everyone had an absolute blast - even my 80yr uncle who wasn't sure he would have fun told me it was the best wedding he had ever attended - he even got up and danced!

A+ for Jeff Ladd, I would highly recommend him for any event

Sent on 10/13/2015

James · Married on 08/29/2015

I could not possibly give a higher recommendation to Jeff Ladd! My wife and I live apart because of my military service, so planning the wedding was a bit challenging. Jeff took care of absolutely everything regarding music at our wedding and the overall pace and timing of the night. Jeff is the perfect DJ in that he took the reins, planned it all out incorporating our requests, and alleviated any worry or concern on our part. Trust me, this is a huge relief leading up to and on the day of the wedding. He orchestrated the music at the ceremony seamlessly, played at cocktail hour, and was the hit of the evening during the reception. I cannot tell you the amount of people who have commented to me after the fact how much they enjoyed the music at our reception. He has an exceptional knack for choosing just the right song at just the right time and he kept all of us dancing and celebrating for the entire night. He is also an extraordinarily talented saxophone player. I honestly thought it was a recording until I looked up and saw him playing what can only be described as a studio quality performance in the middle of the dance floor. Jeff is phenomenal, friendly, considerate, affordable, and fun! Hire him without a second thought. Also, do yourself a favor and request he play his saxophone cover of Aha's "Take on Me." It absolutely brought the house down!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Kelly · Married on 08/16/2015

We were told that the DJ has a large impact on a wedding and he sure did! Jeff's phenomenal saxophone playing was surreal, and his mix of songs had the dance floor packed throughout it's entirety. He listened to what we envisioned and executed it all perfectly. In fact, many guests asked for his info for their future weddings and engagements.

Sent on 08/18/2015

Sarajane · Married on 08/15/2015

Jeff Ladd is one of the best choices I made for my wedding. His personal touch of live performance along with the skills to really captivate the crowd with music is what makes him the best. I have and will continue to recommend his services to my friends and family without a doubt.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Samantha · Married on 07/31/2015

If you are looking for a DJ for a wedding or any other occasion – look no further and book Jeff Ladd. We originally met Jeff at our wedding venue when he was setting up for another event. Once we heard him play saxophone we knew we had to have him play at our wedding. Jeff Ladd played saxophone during cocktail hour of our wedding reception and was the DJ for our wedding reception of July 2015. Jeff was extremely easy to work with and went above and beyond to accommodate our music preferences and introductions for our special day. Whenever we had a question Jeff was quick to respond via email. Our wedding was classy, and everything we could have ever imagined and more, which we owe in part to Jeff Ladd. We are still receiving compliments from our guests about the wedding and how much they loved the DJ and how he played the saxophone during cocktail hour and dinner. The dance floor was ALWAYS full during the wedding reception – he was able to get every generation up on the dance floor.

Sent on 08/18/2015

Mark · Married on 07/25/2015

We can't say enough great things about Jeff! He developed a playlist for our wedding reception that mixed our requested songs, with his saxophone playing, and his knowledge to keep our guests entertained; all while maintaining the atmosphere we desired. Our guests found him talented, entertaining, and amusing with his comments. We received compliments on ideas he gave us for the reception. Well worth the money he charges. He responded to all questions we had promptly and gave us input that greatly benefited our reception. Some of our guests have commented on wanting to use him for their upcoming events.

Sent on 08/16/2015

I am rating Jeff Ladd five stars only because Wedding Wire doesn’t offer an option for more! Honestly, if I could give Jeff Ladd a thousand stars, I would. Hiring him was among best decisions that my husband and I made in terms of planning our wedding.

From our first phone call, Jeff put us right at ease. He then met with us in person at his home where we were treated to his incredible saxophone playing. Throughout our whole planning process, Jeff made it very clear that his clients are his top priority. He was never more than a phone call away, waiting with suggestions and willing to make anything work. He really goes out of his way to make each client feel special, and you can tell that he genuinely loves what he does.

When the big day arrived, Jeff more than delivered on every one of his promises and suggestions. He put on the perfect music selections for chatting during cocktail hour, and did a great job being the perfect personable wedding host. Our guests adored him.

My family doesn’t dance- ever. Somehow, Jeff found the perfect music that brought everyone- from my four year old ring bearer, to my 85 year old grandparents- out on the dance floor. By the end of the night, there wasn’t a single person in the room not dancing. He’s just that good.

In the days following our wedding, as we visited with some guests, one of the things that our guests continuously raved about was Jeff Ladd- his personable nature, excellent song choice, lively character, and incredible saxophone playing ability all received a multitude of complements.

I could go on and on about how wonderful Jeff Ladd was, and how much he did to make our night special, but I will sum it up with this: Jeff Ladd is an true professional who is a joy to work with. He goes above and beyond for his clients, and has real talent for hosting and making sure that everyone has a fantastic time. He really did make our day. Thank you so much, Jeff, for everything.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Jamie · Married on 07/17/2015

Jeff was outstanding. From start to finish he was attentive, paid attention to our vision, and really let the music take center court. We were impressed with his ability to reach a wide range of differently aged guests with his music choices. He really made sure EVERYONE had a good time, from my parents to our best friends. It was also evident that Jeff loves what he does. He showed true passion while playing the saxophone and it was clear that Jeff took great pride in delivering his best performances. Jeff was kind, thoughtful, and supportive of our day and we couldn't have chosen a better DJ. He felt like family at our reception. Thanks, Jeff! You truly are one of a kind!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Janet · Married on 07/11/2015

There are many things that have to come together in making a wedding a success. One of the most important part is the music. Jeff Ladd DJ Plus made this happen. Jeff's professional approach along with his personal touch with his saxophone made for a memorable and classy event. Three weeks after the wedding we are still getting compliments on Jeff. On the business side he his responsive, easy to work with and keeps things simple. On the music side, he doesn't miss a beat!! Jeff, thanks for being a part of our daughters wedding.

Brian & Janet Farrelly, proud parents of the bride!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Kevin · Married on 07/10/2015

Jeff was extremely professional and pleasant throughout our dealings with him leading up to our wedding. He was a huge hit at our wedding and everyone complimented us on finding a great DJ like Jeff. His saxophone playing skills along with his music choices make him a complete package and a must have for any wedding. We were extremely lucky to have Jeff be apart of our wedding. Jeff is the professional DJ that you would want to have at your wedding.

Sent on 07/22/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/06/2015

Jeff Ladd is by far the most amazing DJ if you are looking for a professional, extremely talented and caring individual to work with. Our guests raved of his incredible saxophone playing and phenomenal song choices. He is the type of vendor who checks in with you throughout the wedding planning process and will go above and beyond to make your day truly unforgettable. There is no vendor out there that offers this level of DJing mixed with the classic touch of superb saxophone playing.

Sent on 12/14/2015

Jim · Married on 06/05/2015

Jeff could not have done a better job for our daughter’s wedding. From the initial planning to the music selections he chose for the event, everything went as smoothly as we could have imagined (actually more so). And his skills as a sax musician really added a LOT to the event.

Jeff provided sound support for the ceremony in addition to the music for the reception. He was professionally discreet, and we were able to hear the vows fine, just as expected. His work properly supported the ceremony, never becoming the focus of attention.

Jeff is a DJ that we’ve known for many years and he is a true professional in every respect. His talents far exceeded everyone’s expectations and we would not hesitate for a moment to refer prospective couples to him.

There were a few aspects to the day that we NEVER had any advance concerns about, and Jeff Ladd was certainly one of those. The peace of mind that he gave everyone was priceless.

Jim and Rhonda (parents of the bride)

Sent on 07/18/2015