91 Reviews for We are BIG Pictures

Multi. Locations (2)
Destination / Travel (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Proofs (1)

We found this team for our wedding last month and are so happy! They are rebranding as "We Are BIG Pictures", so if you're still looking, hit them up there!
For everything pre-wedding, they were fast to respond every single time I had a question (which was often) and offered real opinions and suggestions. If I asked about certain services they offer, they would NOT just try to up-sell it. They were honest and thought about all of the details in order to come up with the best option for US. This is a huge quality for a business to have and I respect them so much for just being real, down-to-Earth people.
They have exceptional talent and are able to pose you (even the most awkward of people, like myself) so beautifully. But they don't really pose you, they just find unique angles and capture real moments while offering slight suggestions. It's magic how they work. We received about 1000 photos and we loved almost every single one (with the occasional awkward photo excepted; i.e. mid-talking, which is to be expected). No-joke, about 200 are considered my "favorite" because I simply cannot choose fewer. The one kinda down-side is that yes, it was expensive. But in the end I feel like we got our money's worth. And honestly all wedding photography will be expensive if you want this kind of quality.
Day of the wedding, they were even better than we expected. The entire group was so relaxed and fun, they meshed perfectly with our own personalities and made it so much easier for us to relax and feel comfortable. I'm extremely camera-shy and they made me actually WANT to pose in front of the camera. We were joking around all day, yet they remained professional and never missed a moment. Plus, one of them got down on the dance floor with our guests and busted his own moves, it was great!
If you're ballin on a budget, don't skimp on the photos because those capture the memories. And it's so much fun to relive this day through the pictures (even after only a month).

Profile Picture Ashleigh , 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Really special pair of talents who are fun and professional. They have a lot of cool stories and experiences to share to help you connect with them, which was important to us when listening to direction for the best photos possible.

We did not have an far-reaching destinations for them; our engagement shoot and wedding were both in San Diego County but they still got there on time and ready to shoot. They knew both areas very well which helped in picking the they knew would work but also getting creative for some new angles and environments.

Normally they are top of the line expensive which we would not have been able to afford. Luckily they worked with us to get down to a price we could meet because our wedding was out of season and not on a weekend. Otherwise we could not afford them because they are worth top dollar.

I can't say enough about how pleased I am with the quality of the photographs from the engagement shoot and the Big Day. Not every shot can be a masterpiece but they delivered more masterpieces than I can count. Some in sunlight, some in b&w, some night, some day.

Both Jeff and Amber were there to shoot the wedding. They seemed to have fun and hit every request on our photo schedule which was NOT a short list, especially with family requests. Both the shots of the environment and objects (site, decorations, flowers, etc.) and the people were equal in high quality and composition.

I can't thank them enough for doing what they did for us. Everything they gave us turned out AMAZING!!

Profile Picture Felisha, 3/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

Jeff Plus Amber photography is amazing, if you're looking for a talented bunch of people who really know what they are doing, STOP and pick Jeff Plus Amber. My husband and I had the luxury of working with Jeff and Amber for our engagement shoot. When we met them it seemed like we knew them forever, they were easy to talk to and made us feel extremely comfortable. We’re not photogenic people, but they made our photo shoot so MUCH fun! Our pictures came out flawless and so incredible. For our day of wedding we worked with Amber and Brandon. They truly captured every special moment we had and got epic shots of our family & friends. When we received our photos I was blown away with how phenomenal they were and how there were some shots I didn’t even know they were around for. We also booked their cinematography company with them known as The Big Pictures. Mike, Erin and Ryan were just so amazing! With Mike and Erin the moment I met them I felt such a connection, like I could talk to them for hours about my husband and I’s love story and everything else in our lives. Our personal interviews for our video were so special and its because of Mike and Erin. Mike and Erin are a married couple who truly seem to love, love and just are so excited to be apart of your special day. As far as Ryan he was so present and truly engaged in our special day. I could go on and on about how fan-freakin-tastic this team is, but I don’t want to ramble more than I already have. Just simply know Jeff & Amber along with their amazing team is knowledgable, professional, fast at responses, truly caring & damn good at what they do. Seriously stop debating & call them!

Profile Picture Natasha, 3/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Jeff+Amber did an amazing job shooting our engagement and wedding photos. They captured the emotions and day beautifully! Amber got sick the day of our wedding and the substitute photographer stepped in beautifully. Amber was proactive in settling the difference between the cost of our packages by offering a wedding album or a price correction. They were always timely and professional. We opted for the wedding album and am really glad we did because it is stunning.

Profile Picture Ellen, 12/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jeff and Amber are amazing! They are so personable, creative, talented and professional. Our ceremony was later in the day and I was a bit stressed about how the lighting would be for our outdoor pictures with the sun going down. Jeff and Amber were still able to capture all the moments perfectly. Our photos came out looking so natural and exactly as I wanted. We would highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I felt incredibly lucky to have jeff and amber as my photographers. they made my life so much easier. they not only gave me pointers for pictures but important tips to remember during the wedding. Super friendly. They both have an incredible eye for beauty -true artist!

Profile Picture heather, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I were beyond happy with Jeff and Amber! Their work is exquisite and we couldn't be happier with our photos and videos!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

We were so grateful to have worked with Amber for our wedding this past September, this review is long overdue! I have no words for how happy we are with the photos. They are absolutely everything we could have hoped for and more. They did an amazing job capturing so many special candid moments with our family and friends and really helped the day flow smoothly. Thank you so much, you guys are amazingly talented and we couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Linda, 9/18/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Second Shooter, Liability Insurance, Digital Files

We liked that Jeff and Amber could take care of both our videography and photography needs. They were very professional, accommodating, and fun to work with! We used them for both our engagement photos and the wedding and were very happy with all of our photos and video! They were easy to work with, easy to communicate with, and responsive. We really enjoyed our experience and would look to use them for any big events in the future! Thanks for the wonderful memories!

Profile Picture Bill, 9/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

We interviewed several wedding photographers in and around the Monterey Bay area. Most of them acted like they were doing us a favor and all the prices were OUTRAGEOUS. Well, just before we signed the contract with one of them we went to a friend's wedding in San Marcos, CA and that is where we met Jeff & Amber. We spoke to them briefly there as to not interrupt the photography of the wedding but we were able to skype the following week. From there very beginning they made us feel genuinely excited that we had selected the right team and they were less than 1/2 the price of the photographer we were about to choose. The day of the wedding came and My bride and I were a little worried that they may be late since they were coming from SoCal to our wedding location in Carmel but they were a early.
From the very beginning of the day, Jeff and Amber made us feel very at ease and made us feel like we were the most important couple in the world. That's right, we had two photographers for a lot less than just one of any of the others we interviewed! Let's not get off topic though. I am NOT photogenic and I do NOT like my picture taken but they were very understanding and they made everything SOOO fun. By the time the majority of the ceremony, wedding party, Bride and Groom photographs had been taken, Jeff & Amber had been such a delight that they felt more than just a vendor and more like friends who we invited to our wedding. We cannot praise them enough for help our day go off without a hiccup. A couple of weeks after our special day amber sent us a link to the photos. There is only one word that can describe the photographs...., AMAZING!!!! (said with jazz hands).

One last note and this is to Jeff & Amber. If ya'll read this know you two are absolutely wonderful people and photographers who I cannot praise you enough. Thank you so much for being part of our day.

Profile Picture George, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Booking Jeff and Amber was the best decision we made for our wedding day! They are truly talented and were an absolute pleasure to work with. My only regret was not also choosing to do a video. Thanks a million Jeff + Amber!

Profile Picture User7265095, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired Amber and her associate, Brandon, after doing much research online and interviewing several photographers. We ultimately chose Jeff+Amber for a number of reasons: 1) we loved the quality and style of the photos in their portfolio. Not only were they unique, but they had so much more life than the typical "cookie cutter" wedding photos. Their ability to capture raw emotion in an image is impressive, and you can see their talent in post-production as well. 2) we felt their pricing was competitive 3) Meeting Amber over skype sealed the deal. Our personalities clicked and she seemed equally as interested in making sure we would be a good fit. Leading up to the day, her communication was on point & thorough. She coordinated seamlessly with our other vendors who she had never worked with. Day of, they were on time, organized & excited! They found the best locations for unique & beautiful getting ready photos, & coordinated a perfect first look as well as bridal party & family portraits. Everybody had a blast working with them. They were experts at blending into the background while still capturing the most amazing shots. They never got in anyone's way or blocked the view of the guests. There is nothing worse than going to a wedding and not being able to see the couple because the photog is blocking the view! We decided to do a post-wedding formal session with them in Sedona. Amber was flexible and accommodating scheduling the shoot. Again, we had fun and could sense the feeling was mutual. They were excited and made us feel comfortable. Their direction was helpful & they selected excellent sites for the shoot, both in terms of background & lighting. The turnaround to receive the images was quick, & we received all the digital images without any pressure to buy an album. We couldn't be happier with the finished product & our experience with Amber and Brandon. They will be, hands down, our first choice for any professional photo shoots in the future.

Profile Picture Merissa, 5/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Wow! Just wow! The Jeff + Amber photography team did an amazing job capturing our special day. Not only did they get epic shots and clear audio in 40 mile an hour gusts of wind (You can't tell Mother Nature to calm down! Believe me I tried that day!) but they also calmed my nerves during the whole process. They assured us that they would still get rad shots and they did! We decided on a post session shoot right off the bat, which was the best decision. I was able to remain extra calm knowing I could still get the romantic shots I wanted with my love without the wind blowing my hair in his face. This photography team is incredibly talented, fun and professional. Communicating with them was a breeze and they made us feel comfortable during the entire process!

Profile Picture User4769807, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jeff & Amber were amazing! We had them for our engagement and wedding shoot and both turned out better than we ever hoped! They were so much fun and made the two of us who aren't great in front of a camera very comfortable!! They listened to our ideas and did their best to make them all happen! Would definitely recommend them for anyone looking for a wedding shoot!

Profile Picture stacey, 4/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

Jeff + Amber are fantastic to work with! They are very responsive and both are incredibly creative! They took our engagement photos and our wedding photos and we were completely blown away with how they turned out! They both are so fun to work with and make you feel at ease. I would highly recommended them!

Profile Picture Meghan, 3/19/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

Jeff and Amber were one of the best investments of our wedding. They are so personable, down to earth, artistic and have such a beautiful photography style. They were so easy to work with and instantly became our friends. Our wedding photos are incredible and we have one of kind shots to remember our fairytale day for a lifetime! They created a breathtaking album for us that was done within two weeks. We have an incredible metal photo cover that we absolutely love! All of my friends who have been married, it took months for them to get theirs back. Jeff and Amber are dedicated to their customers and work extremely hard to please them. We definitely have them to thank! We highly recommend their services to everyone!

Profile Picture Kristina, 11/21/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

There is not one bad thing I can say about this dynamic team. They are amazing and make you fee comfortable in front of the camera ( which I am not ) our engagement pictures turned out wonderful, I cant wait for the wedding !

Profile Picture alisha, 11/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I loved working with Jeff + Amber! They captured magestic engagement and wedding photos for us that we will cherish forever! Not only are they amazingly creative and talented, they are easy and fun to work, so it feels like you are shooting with your friends. I'd work with them over and over again!

Profile Picture Alex, 10/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jeff and Amber did photography for our engagement shoot and wedding day and I cannot be happier with our photos! Not only are our photos amazing, but they definitely made the process easy and fun. It may be intimidating to be in front of the camera, but Jeff and Amber make it easy to relax and be yourself. Looking back at our engagement photos and wedding day photos, it amazes me how much detail and realness they were able to capture in each one! Every shot is something special; my top favorites are the 'first look' that my husband and I had and the 'first dance' with my dad. My dad is not one to smile that often, but leave it to Amber to capture that. They truly captured our love story and the most heartfelt moments with our loved ones. I am so grateful for having worked with them and I will cherish our photos forever :)

Profile Picture Zarina, 9/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We absolutely LOVED Jeff and Amber as our wedding photographers and videographers! They are creative and inspiring and our pictures turned out incredible! They had brilliant ideas for unique pictures. They were able to perfectly capture our wedding day! They are also amazing people to be around. Jeff and Amber are more than just wedding photographers, they are more like friends, who care about your special day and making every detail perfect! They have positive and fun personalities, which contributed to the fun on our wedding day! They were always responsive, and got us our wedding pictures and video quickly. We would HIGHLY recommend Jeff and Amber to any couple looking for brilliant photographers!

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jeff+Amber were a great team to work with! We used them for both our engagment photos as well as our wedding day. They made us feel extrememly comfortable and are full of creative ideas! We have received so many compliments on all our photos...they truly captured the best candid moments from our day!

Profile Picture Natalie, 7/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am so happy I found Jeff and Amber! My fiancé and I planned a last minute elopement and I wanted beautiful photos, so I reached out to Jeff hoping he may have availability. He did, and I am SO thankful for that!! Jeff and Amber were both there on time, and the entire process was just incredible! Because we came from out of town and I didn't really have time to plan out the ceremony part, I had planned on just walking up to my fiancé and getting married. Before I arrived Jeff had the amazing idea to turn him around, that way I could walk up behind him, hug him, and we had photos of the "first look" from that day. The fact that he took the time to do that for me just blew me away- he really went above and beyond. My Husband is kind of shy, and he normally hates taking pictures- but Jeff and Amber made everyone so comfortable and he really enjoyed the experience as well!! Jeff made sure that we got all of the pictures we wanted, and really took the time to help us get beautiful and creative photos. I would recommend him again and again and again, from a huge wedding to a maternity shoot to graduation pictures- this is your guy!! I wish we lived closer, but I would be willing to make the drive all over again just to have another photoshoot with Jeff and Amber. Thank you both again for making our day perfect!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jeff and Amber were great to work with! They were extremely responsive throughout the planning process which was very important to us. We were planning our Arizona wedding from San Francisco so it was crucial to work with vendors who were willing to talk through our ideas over phone and email.

On the wedding day Jeff and team were on time, professional, and ran the day like clock work! Jeff brings a ton of creativity to the table which allowed us to capture some truly unique shots!

Overall Jeff+Amber are a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend their services.

Profile Picture Lisa, 5/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Amber and Jeff and their team deserve more than 5 stars. I wish the rest of our wedding vendors were as lovely, flexible, talented and professional as Jeff + Amber. My husband and I ran late to our engagement session (and I'm talking very late), and although, Jeff and Amber had a 4 hour drive to our location after shooting a wedding the night before, they didn't complain once and still gave us their all during the photo shoot instead of getting back in the car and turning right around. I knew from that afternoon that my husband and I would not regret booking them. Months later at our wedding, we had the worst weather in Sedona history in the month of May. Needless to say, I was stressed and crazy emotional when my flowers showed up entirely wrong and it was raining during my entirely outdoor wedding. Amber was the only vendor that I had hired that jumped into action and was more of a wedding planner/friend/therapist during the first few hours than just my photographer. And regardless of the freezing temperatures and craziness of the day, our pictures came out exactly how we had hoped... not your typical stand and pose wedding pictures. Amber and her team's talent and professionalism was present throughout each shot and throughout the entire day. Because of the rain, our wedding had started late and we were afraid our photographers were going to have to leave early because we had only booked them to a certain time. Nope, not Amber and her team. They stayed later for us even though they had a long drive ahead of them AGAIN. My husband and I did not know Amber and her team prior to booking them for our wedding but I can tell you that they were such a blessing to us that I remember thinking that I wanted them to sit down and join our dinner and enjoy the night with us just like the rest of our friends and family, not another wedding vendor. Do yourself a favor and stop shopping around for your photographers, book JeffPlusAmber, relax and enjoy!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/16/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We loved Jeff and Amber and their team! They make you feel so comfortable and help capture incredible pictures! They capture truly candid pictures as well as posed and everything we received we loved! You won't regret booking them for your special events!

Profile Picture Roshana, 4/17/15, 1 Review