Jeannine Marie Photography Reviews

65 Reviews for Jeannine Marie Photography

• Jenna

Jenna C. · Getting married on 07/12/2021

Wedding Planner Approved!

As a wedding and event planner who gets to work with quite a few vendors and photographers, I have to say that Jeannine Marie Photography is one of my absolute favorites! Jeannine is not only a fantastic photographer (which you all can see by looking at any of her work) but she's also just a fantastic human being. She's kind, caring, will go above and beyond and she will make you laugh. All the time. I'm pretty sure she thinks it's her job to make you smile authentically so that you look amazing in your photos! ;) You absolutely will not regret hiring Jeannine for your wedding!!

Sent on 03/20/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel P. · Married on 05/21/2021

Caring, Kind, and AMAZINGLY talented photographer - You must hire her!

Jeannine is a talented photographer. Her natural eye and sense of composition rival pretty much any shooter. We knew she was right for us a year in advance, but we both postponed and then rushed our wedding due to COVID and family circumstances - yet Jeannine was accommodating and so generous!

She will remember all of the finer details and has a very natural way of communicating that allowed our quiet introverted selves to feel at ease while bringing a lot of fun! She's straightforward, honest, and an amazing human being ... and she has given us the best memories.

Hire her for your engagement and wedding day photos!

Sent on 06/09/2021

Alissa B. · Married on 10/23/2020

The absolute BEST

If you want the photos you’ve always dreamt of then hire Jeannine. She is the absolute best. She captured so many genuine moments and gave us every photo my husband and I wanted. Jeannine was AMAZING! Not only did she give us the pictures of our dreams but she also helped me in every way possible. She even helped me get into my wedding dress. She is truly the best. Not only will she take amazing photos of you on your most important day but she will also be the bridesmaid you never knew you needed:)!! We will definitely be contacting her again when we need photos in the future.

Sent on 10/25/2020

Jeannine Marie Photography's reply:

Thank you for the review Alissa!! It was wonderful to be part of your day and I was happy I could be of support to help make it amazing!
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 09/12/2020

Pure magic!

Like all the other reviewers before me, there's just not enough great things to say about Jeannine. Her vision and creativity is magical. I gave her a list of my party attendants and family members three days before the wedding and she had memorized them all on that day. She sat on the ground for the majority of the reception to ensure that I would have great photos during my speeches. She was quick and observant - catching small moments going on in the background that totally went over our heads. Her and her partner arrived early and were ready to work and left at 10 pm, still with lots of energy. I know she probably didn't get 8 hours of sleep that night because the very next day at 9 AM she posted 40 preview pictures of our wedding, edited and all. When we were looking at photographers in the early stages of our wedding planning we were so overwhelmed and confused - everyone started to look the same. We met with several photographers but just didn't feel that click. Within 10 minutes of our meeting with Jeannine I knew. When we ended our video call with her my husband and I knew we had found a photographer for our special day. She's kind, experienced, organized, professional, and the quality of her photos are an exact reflection of her dedication to her craft. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, Jeannine for everything!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Jeannine Marie Photography's reply:

Wow! Such kind words! It was an honor to be part of your day Crystal and Justin! You have the BIGGEST family and the warmest hearts! Thank you soo much for taking the time to do a review!

Jessica B. · Married on 06/07/2020

Beautiful pictures!

Jeannine was great! We had a small, intimate wedding and she captured it so perfectly. She met with us a couple of times beforehand to make sure she understood our expectations. She asked really great questions that in turn made the day go seamlessly. When we got the final pictures (which was quick!), we were so happy. She was caught the little moments unobtrusively and beautifully. Thanks!!!

Sent on 07/06/2020

Beth A. · Married on 12/31/2019

Truly exceptional

Jeannine’s talent is truly indescribable. She captured our wedding day in ways I couldn’t even imagine. Not only that, she was a complete joy to work with and went above and beyond the day of our wedding. Simply put, she is amazing.

Sent on 01/04/2020

Jeannine Marie Photography's reply:

I'm thrilled to have been a positive part of your wedding day! It was an honor! So many more photos of wedding day memories to come!
  • Danika

Danika K. · Married on 10/19/2019

Best Photographer in the Twin Cities

My husband and I got married 6 weeks ago, and Jeannine shot both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. She was the first vendor we hired, and we absolutely loved every minute of working with her!

We decided at the very beginning of our wedding planning journey that photography was our #1 priority. We knew the memories from our special day would fade with time, but the photos would last forever. We both enjoy photography as a hobby, so we know our way around a DSLR. But this meant we really knew what we wanted and we were picky. We spent over a month interviewing photographers and closely examining their work. We asked the several different photographers we met with for examples of full weddings they had shot (which I highly recommend doing) so we could compare their styles. All of this was somewhat exhausting, but at the end of it all there was a clear winner: Jeannine.

The first big thing my husband and I were looking for in a photographer was someone who would shoot in full color. The current trend in wedding photography seems to be muted and washed out photos with a green/brown tinge, and this was the opposite of what we wanted. We planned on having very bright and colorful clothes and flowers, and we wanted this to come through in our photos. We got all of our photos back from Jeannine 4 weeks after our wedding, and we could not be more thrilled with how vibrant and vivid all of the colors look — it is exactly what we wanted!

The second big thing my husband and I wanted in a photographer was creativity. We had met with other photographers who we could tell had a formula for how they shot weddings. Every wedding they shot had the same pictures: the picture with the bride in the middle surrounded by her bridesmaids, the picture with the groom in the middle surrounded by his groomsmen, the picture of the whole wedding party standing in a straight line, etc. But Jeannine’s photos were different. While you will still definitely get all of those important photos, you will also get a whole slew of photos that are SO much more creative than the “standard” bunch. She thinks of all these different ways to position people that you don’t typically see in wedding photos, which just makes the photos more visually appealing and interesting to look at.

Another big thing we were not even looking for but ended up getting with Jeannine (and probably my favorite thing about her work) is her ability to capture raw emotion in the moment. When you look at her photos, it’s like you can feel what the people in the photos are feeling. I absolutely loved looking through our wedding photos because there were so many little moments (my groom seeing me walk down the aisle, our parents watching us say our vows, etc.) that were packed full of emotion that I never even got to see during our actual wedding. But seeing the emotion in the faces of my loved ones brought all of those feelings I felt that day flooding back.

When you hire Jeannine, you don’t just get the best wedding photographer in the Twin Cities. You also get a secret wedding planner! My husband and I are both the first in our families to get married, and we are the first in our friend group to get married too. Plus, all of our family lives out of state. So we were planning our wedding by ourselves and had no clue what we were doing. Jeannine was SO incredibly helpful the entire time! She never barged in or pushed her opinions on us, but she was always there any time we needed help with ANYTHING. I think every single other vendor we hired was a recommendation from her (we met with other people, but her recommendations were always the best). And she was always happy to answer any random wedding planning questions we had about our timeline or anything else that came up along the way! Not only does Jeannine know all the best wedding vendors in the Twin Cities area, but they all know her! Every time we met with a new vendor and told them Jeannine was our photographer, they would rave about how awesome she is (and usually how she shot their wedding or headshot for their website or something else). She is truly a legend, and for a good reason!

On our actual wedding day, Jeannine and her assistant were amazing! In addition to capturing the most beautiful photos of our day, they helped coordinate and corral people, they made sure we stuck to our timeline but were also very relaxed and “go with the flow” when we needed to adapt, and they were just generally extremely helpful and organized. Jeannine is SUPER friendly, and all of our guests and family members absolutely loved her! She even called both of our mothers ahead before the wedding to build relationships with them before the big day, which they both REALLY appreciated! But possibly the best part of how Jeannine and her assistant operated the day of our wedding was that my husband and I barely even noticed they were there. Except for the time we had specifically dedicated to photos, they blended completely into the background. We were able to truly live in the moment and enjoy our special day with one another without feeling like we had a bunch of cameras in our faces. And yet, they still somehow captured every important moment of our day! As my husband and I looked through our wedding photos for the first time, there were so many times when one of us said to the other, “I had no idea they were even there! Did you?” They somehow found the perfect balance between capturing our entire day and staying completely out of the way so it all felt perfectly natural.

Jeannine had a sample of 40 photos from our wedding ready for us to view the following day, and the rest of the photos were ready 4 weeks after our wedding day. We also ordered an album through her. We had no idea what to expect walking into our first album design meeting, so we brought a list of our favorite photos. But it turns out Jeannine had already completely designed an absolutely beautiful album for us! We already knew she was an amazing photographer, but had no idea how fantastic she was at album design! Even though the photos themselves were amazing, it was a completely different experience seeing the album all put together and laid out to tell the story of our day. Plus, she was more than willing to work with us and swap out a couple of the photos for some of our favorites!

I could go on and on about how much my husband and I both love Jeannine. But the bottom line is she is the best at what she does. Trust me: I did the research. Haha! And she is just so easy to work with, and SO friendly and helpful! We absolutely plan on using her in the future for any and all of our photography needs!

Sent on 12/21/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/08/2019

Best photographer ever!

Best photographer ever!! Matt and I are SO glad that we found and booked Jeannine. What a wise investment! She took the time to get to know us and our vision before our big day. She was prompt, kind, professional and most importantly she was patient. We are awestruck by how beautifully Jeannine captured our special day.

A million thanks to you Jeannine! You were so much fun to work with!

♡Brittany, Matt and Chandler

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Anne

Anne D. · Married on 08/29/2019

Best of the Best!

Any expectations you set, she will exceed them. She has a wonderful creative approach and a personality that makes any member of your wedding party feel welcome and part of the fun. She has the best attitud and makes sure every shot on your wish list is complete. There truly wasn't a bad photo in the bunch and her approach with the sun makes breathtaking photos that will be treasured forever. Absolutely beyond a wonderful experience and will definitely recommend her to any future wedding couple that comes my way! We are so in love with our photos and will always enjoy showing them on our walls and looking over our album for years and years to come.

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Hailey

Hailey · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing Photography

I have worked with Jeannine 3 times and every time she brings her absolute best. She is by far the best in the business and her eye for breathtaking pictures are pure perfection. Within a day she had over 10 pictures uploaded for us to look at and share with our family and friends. She is extremely worth it, I will be treasuring these pictures for a lifetime.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Jeannine Marie Photography's reply:

Oh Hailey,it’s been so incredible to watch you grow into such a beautiful, giving young lady!! Thanks for the honors of documenting your wedding! Ps your full gallery will be delivered today!!
  • Robin

Robin · Married on 06/15/2019

Memorable Photos!

Photos are so great to reflect upon the day of our wedding. I am so happy we choose Jeannine Marie Photography. Jeannine is so upbeat, warm and friendly. She has an aesthetic eye to capture the most beautiful photos! I sent her photos of other wedding photos I liked and she did a great job duplicating them and creating other fun ones!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Averi

Averi Z. · Married on 06/09/2019

Best Photographer out there!

Jeannine did an incredible job at our wedding! Her pictures are unique and she puts her heart into taking pictures. My husband and I were overjoyed when we received our wedding pictures. It rained at our wedding, which slowed down lots of things and we even pushed our ceremony off about 30 minutes because we were determined to get married outside. Jeannine was so cool and collective about it and we still found places to take pictures that looked like we were outside instead of in a shed. Jeannine knows how to make pictures look absolutely perfect! Not only are her pictures amazing and like no other; she is so much fun to be around! Don't worry about ever feeling uncomfortable around Jeannine because she is so kind and very considerate of what you want. Don't second guess yourself about booking Jeannine Marie Photography. You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Natasha · Married on 06/01/2019

6-1-19 Wedding

Looking for a photographer for my wedding was extremely overwhelming. I didn't want to pay someone thousands of dollars and not love their work. I am telling you go with Jeannine!! She knows what she's doing! She has great vision and is always aware of her surroundings ready to get the perfect shot! She listens to your needs and wants and delivers! On top of that she is good at directing the whole wedding party and family the day of, she handles the chaos like a champ! She is also very friendly and easy going and is great with communicating throughout the whole wedding plan process. She is a little more than I wanted to spend but I absolutely do not regret paying more. Our pictures (engagement and wedding) are beautiful! You one hundred percent get your money's worth! I will always use her for any photography needs in the future :)

Sent on 06/14/2019

Andrew G. · Married on 05/18/2019

Perfect all the way!

Jeannine was everything we wanted in a wedding photographer and more! She was gem to work with from day one. Her creative talent and attention to detail really amazed my wife and I. We just couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out! Taking a look at her photos brings us back to each part of our special day. She really did capture the magic of that day in all aspects. The photos are just stunning. She was excellent with the young children in the wedding and everyone else involved as well. She really gave it her all the entire day. We are so glad we went with Jeannine and would recommend her to anyone. You won’t regret it!

Sent on 06/09/2019

Brittany B. · Married on 04/13/2019

Best photographer ever

Jeannine is fantastic!!! Our wedding happened right after the April snowstorm and it was about 40 degrees outside on our wedding day. I froze during our outdoor pictures, but Jeannine kept her energy level high and created a fun environment. She still got amazing shots and we don't look like we were freezing. Jeannine also gave me her jacket in-between pictures and while walking.. so sweet!
    Our guests are raving about our photos and loved that they got to see some during our reception. I am SO thankful that we chose Jeannine as our wedding photographer!! Your wedding day only happens once in a lifetime and Jeannine captured every moment of our day beautifully!

Sent on 04/24/2019

Brittany J. · Married on 04/05/2019

Fantastic Work!

Jeannine was absolutely fantastic! She was a joy to work with and was full of wonderful, creative ideas. Photography was a major part of our wedding day and we're really glad we went with Jeannine. Apart from great photos and a really funny demeanor, Jeannine also gave us really valuable advice and functioned as a second wedding planner.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Danielle · Married on 09/08/2018

Choosing Jeannine as our wedding photographer was by far one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. Leading up to the day she was so patient and helpful with the fine details of the schedule for the day! It was her idea to do a first look with my Mom since I was wearing her vintage dress! The day of she was a joy and she stuck around the whole night to capture every minute of our party! She fit in with the family great and didn't bat an eye when (i assume) all the groomsmen tried to get her number :) From the previews, I know she picked the most wonderful lighting and highlighted my classy green and gold color scheme perfectly! I can't wait to see the rest of the album!!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

David · Married on 09/02/2018

Looking for a wedding photographer can be somewhat disorienting and overwhelming. There are always many options, and it's not always clear the best way to choose. You will see lots of great looking photos, but really, the photographer's job is a lot more than just point-and-shoot. You want them to make your lives easier amidst the chaos, you want help setting a clear timeline so things run smoothly, and to know they are focused on your priorities.

This is why we cannot recommend Jeannine Marie highly enough.

We had our wedding at a camp in Bemidji, Minnesota, but live in Washington, D.C., making planning a bit more difficult. From the outset, Jeannine set our minds at ease by going over every detail - including many we did not think to ask about - and clearly articulating costs, options, and what would be the best fit for us. She never tried to "upsell" us on a different product, or something more expensive. If we wanted more, she had an option for that. If we wanted less, she had an option for that, too. She simply wanted to make sure we would get photos to last a lifetime - and boy did she deliver.

On the wedding day, despite some logistical challenges presented by a hairdresser who got lost on the way, Jeannine made the photo-taking part of the wedding easy. She had a clear tick tock, communicated with other vendors to coordinate shots, kept us on time, and took amazing, gorgeous photos we'll enjoy for the rest of our lives.

As the night wound down, she made sure to check in with us so that we got all the group photos we wanted to get. It was a thoughtful gesture that, frankly, I had not thought about at that point as I was having too much fun. It was also emblematic of how meticulously she approached the job, and how thoughtful she was from start to finish.

Again, if you're looking for a wedding photographer, just end your search and go with Jeannine Marie. She's just the best.

Sent on 10/04/2018

Erin · Married on 08/25/2018

Jeannine is an incredibly talented photographer and can adapt to any situation. My wedding was very unconventional and I wanted my pictures to reflect my style. Jeannine was able to perfectly capture my wedding day in a beautifully artistic portfolio of photographs. She also lent a helping hand wherever she could. I feel very lucky to have been able to book Jeannine as my photographer. Look how she captured the sun in my picture!!

Sent on 08/30/2018

Calvin W. · Married on 08/18/2018

Best day ever!

Absolutely could not have asked for a better experience! We did an engagement session with Jeannine and she also was the photographer for our wedding in August 2018. She had so many ideas of poses and places to take photos and was able to fit so many different photos into our session. She whirled us around Minnehaha falls for our engagement session and made it a truly fun experience. For our wedding she kept taking photos well after our agreed time because she kept loving all the different shots she was getting. "Just one more" she said! We ended up with almost 1000 photos from our wedding and just couldn't be happier. We hope to have her do shoots for us again in the future. Thank you so much Jeannine!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Jeannine Marie Photography's reply:

It was so much fun whirling you around for your engagement and wedding! You two are the cutest! Happily ever after to you! Thanks so much for taking the time to do a review!

Haley · Married on 08/17/2018

Jeannine was our engagement and wedding photographer. She was SO AMAZING. Not only did the photos turn out unbelievably perfect but she was making sure the wedding day ran smoothly the entire time. She is so easy to work with and all of our family and friends loved her. We would recommend her to everyone!!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Cindy · Married on 08/11/2018

Seriously the best investment made among all the decisions that go in to such an important day! She was fun, patient, knowledgable and made every single subject feel a part of what turned out to be nothing short of a treasured collection we will enjoy forever! Simply precious! Jeannine is hands down your best photographer !

Sent on 09/13/2018

Kari · Married on 08/04/2018

Jeannine is outstanding! We knew we had spent our money in the right place in hiring Jeannine. She take stunning photographs, is organized and professional, but also very engaging and fun to work with. She was a clear communicator and excellent at providing good directions on subtle tweaks to body positioning, etc. She was great with families and friends and captured a wonderful number of more formal portraits, relaxed group shots, and heart-warming candids. I cannot recommend Jeannine highly enough.

Sent on 08/09/2018

Kasi · Married on 07/21/2018

Jeannine from Jeannine Marie Photography recently photographed my wedding and did an absolutely amazing job! The photos turned out stunning and she captured everything from the fine details to the big moments that you think of when you think of wedding pictures. She was wonderful with some of the kids who refused to smile for the camera, she was able to get some great candid shots. She was open to any suggested shots that I asked for and she also had so many great ideas and little tips, poses, posture pointers, etc. She was so easy and fun to work with. I would definitely recommend Jeannine!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Erin · Married on 06/23/2018

I cannot say enough about how much we loved working with Jeannine. We planned our wedding long-distance, so weren't able to actually meet her until the day of our wedding, but she was so good at communicating with us, we felt 100% confident on the big day. She worked so hard to make us feel comfortable and ensure we looked relaxed and happy in our photos. Also, she did an excellent job wrangling our big families and big wedding party. And as a bonus, she was amazing at getting our four-year-old nephew to smile for photos and get to the ceremony, skillfully navigating an almost-meltdown. Jeannine gave us a teaser of photos the day after our wedding and they were absolutely gorgeous. We loved looking at them on our honeymoon.

Sent on 07/11/2018

Jeannine Marie Photography's reply:

Wahoo! I'm so thrilled to have gotten to document your beautiful wedding day! It was such a pleasure and so much fun! Thanks for taking the time to do a review!