JD's Music Reviews

38 | Nashville, TN

38 Reviews for JD's Music

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2018

JD really knows how to keep people on the dance floor! He was flexible up until the last song. My guitar player canceled on me just before walking down the isle and he quickly found our requested song and made it happen smoothly. He even went outside of tradition and granted my request of welcome to the jungle as our ceremony departure tune. He helped the planner by mc’ing the day to make sure everything. Stayed on time. He entertained drunk half naked guest without judgment. (Mostly ;) bc who wouldn’t judge at least a little?) all in all he was great. Showed up on time, was very professional and kind.

Sent on 07/09/2018

JD's Music's reply:

Thanks Sarah, It was great work with you on your event!

Thanks for letting us at JD's Music be apart.

Rachel · Married on 10/21/2017

Oct 21, 2017

We had JD do the lighting and music for our wedding at Houston Station. He definitely listened to our preferences, especially with my long list. Everyone raved about the music and he definitely knew how to keep people on the dance floor throughout the night. As far as the lighting, he worked with our budget. I would recommend him for any event!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Hilary · Married on 10/08/2016

Perfect, he kept the party going all night.

Sent on 10/19/2016

JD's Music's reply:

Thanks Hilary, it was great working with you on your wedding!

Sheila · Married on 04/01/2016

I enjoyed working with JD's Music and recommend him for your music needs for any type of event. Our DJ was able to accommodate all of our music requests, he went above and beyond the call of music!

Sent on 04/19/2016
  • User6441978 · 2+ years ago

JD was such an integral part of my daughter's wedding. From the spectacular lighting, elegant draping, and finally the professional handling of the sound and music, JD helped make the evening perfect. He's of those people when I met, I knew immediately that we'd have a good working relationship. He did not disappoint!

Sent on 03/03/2016

Lori · Married on 04/11/2015

JD was great to work with. I only gave him a few songs to make sure he played at the wedding reception and he was able to judge my crowd to play the best songs. Everyone had a blast and JD kept the best music going to get everyone out on the dance floor. He also did the lighting for my reception, which looked absolutely AMAZING! I highly recommend working with JD.

Sent on 04/21/2015

JD's Music's reply:

Thanks Lori! It was great working with you too. What a great couple.

Jennifer · Married on 02/28/2015

JD was incredible to work with!!! I highly recommend his services to anyone planning a wedding or event. I trusted him right off the bat and he was not only professional, but very reasonable and helped make that aspect of my wedding planning stress-free and fun! :)

Sent on 04/06/2015

JD's Music's reply:

Thanks Jennifer! Great working with you too!!

We were happy with everything JD provided - the lighting was gorgeous; the marquee lights were a huge hit; the draping was beautiful; and he was a fabulous DJ. He made us all feel comfortable and kept us laughing.

Sent on 03/25/2015

JD's Music's reply:

Thanks. Great working with you too!

ashley · Married on 08/31/2013

great job!! really appreciates his adapting to the crowd he had at the wedding

Sent on 09/13/2013

Andrea · Married on 08/17/2013

JD was amazing! We told him we wanted nonstop dancing and that's what we got!

Sent on 08/20/2013

JD's Music's reply:

Thank you. It was great working with you!

JD is very helpful and is willing to listen to all the requests brides like to throw at him. He also is willing to help in other areas, such as hanging extra lighting that I had purchased and some other decorations that I bought for the reception. He was always cheerful and helpful and able to be contacted if something was in question or I needed his advice. And the crowd loved him. He may not always play what you request, but he is the professional and my wedding guests enjoyed All the songs you played and all my guests said they had a blast! I would definitely recommend JD if you want a hell of a party! :-)

Sent on 08/21/2013

Kari · Married on 06/01/2013

JD was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning. I warned him that our reception would be a mega-dance party, and I'm sure he will attest that I did not lie. I provided him with key songs and many requests, and he incorporated as much as he could fit into the reception. (In reality, my request list would probably have taken about 8 hours to get through.) His flexibility was also much appreciated. We had live music during the ceremony but wanted one recorded song to play as our recessional; and JD was out there with an iPod and speaker, hitting Play at just the right moment.

He also did the lighting for our reception, and it looked AMAZING. We worked with him a lot to do a nice mix of market lights, lanterns, and fabric bunting that my mom made. He worked with us to create a design that fit into our budget and then hung all of it like a champ. It looked awesome. A pleasure to work with.

Sent on 06/10/2013

Rana · Married on 01/25/2013

JD was a great choice to DJ our wedding ceremony and reception. He arrived nicely dressed and with plenty of time to spare on the day of the event. He was very helpful with his suggestions of ceremony music leading up to the actual event and was always so nice and easy to work with. He did a great job with keeping our dance floor busy! We told him that our friends and family are all the dancing type and he picked great music to keep everyone dancing the entire night. We would definitely recommend JD as a great option for a DJ in the Nashville area!

Sent on 02/20/2013

Megan · Married on 01/19/2013

JD was great!!!! Very helpful and professional!

Sent on 03/27/2013

alina · Married on 06/28/2012

Very professional, and very friendly and approachable. I loved the music he played, especially during the dinner portion of the reception. It was jazzy and just set the mood to a cozy dinner. He also provided us with Karaoke, which was really fun! I would definintely recommend JD's Music for your reception or event. It is extremely important for a DJ to understand his client and taste in music, JD's Music did exactly this for us. Thank you!!

Sent on 07/27/2012

I found JD's music staff to be very friendly,flexible and easy to work with. They have a great archive of music from many genre and they listened to our needs and requests, which made our wedding event truly magical. I would recommend this music vendor to anyone with a special event.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Adam · Married on 07/23/2011

JD was great to work with! Everything went fantastic and the music during the ceremony and the reception was perfect. I would definately recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding.

Sent on 08/01/2011

joan · Married on 06/11/2011

JD did a wonderful job at our daughters wedding. We had lots of positive comments from our guests. Everyone wanted to get on the dance floor! He lets you pick the music you want to play. I would definitely use him again - he was very professional . He also has a lighting company that we used to highlight the dance floor and spotlight the wedding cake. Beautiful

Sent on 07/08/2011

Jim · Married on 05/07/2011

Jason did a great job with the music at our wedding and on last minute notice. I was trying to save money and almost tried to use my own music off of my IPOD. I'm really glad I found JD's music service. The music kept everyone entertained and dancing all night and his prices were better than the other two companies I tried.

Sent on 07/12/2011

Crystal · Married on 04/30/2011

JD Music, was great they really helped out at the last minute with getting the wedding party down the isle. They played all the right music at the reception as well. I would recommend them to anyone :) They are also very farely priced!

Sent on 07/06/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/17/2011

When we came across JD's Music we knew they were going to make a perfect fit for my wedding. It was wonderful! We had an inside/ outside wedding and JD was able to accommodate both. I would recommend JD's Music to anyone. It was a pleasure to walk down the aisle to the music I picked out and also to dance to a great mixture of music that fit me and my guest. Thank you JD's Music!

Sent on 07/06/2011

Cheri · Married on 03/26/2011

JD Music hosted my daughter's wedding reception and did a wonderful job. I had guests come up to me all night and commented on what a great job the D.J. did on producing the music. Jason went above and beyond what was expected of his services for the night. Since I was a mother-of-the-bride from out-of-state, Jason stepped up to the plate and helped in the coordination of events to occur for my daughter's special night. Jason, you did a magnificent job and by the end of the night everyone was exhausted from all the dancing. I know there were several guests who never left the dance floor due to the great selection of music you helped the bride and groom pick out. Once again, thank you Jason for a job well done. I would recommend JD Music for any wedding event you may be planning in the future.
    Cheri Smith
    Edwardsville, Illinois

Sent on 04/13/2011

Brittney · Married on 09/04/2010

GREAT DJ!!!!

Sent on 10/06/2010

Kate · Married on 07/05/2014

JD did a great job at playing the type of music we wanted and keeping the flow of the reception going. He also took requests and honored the do not play list. He is a great DJ!

Sent on 07/16/2014

E · Married on 09/17/2011

Jason was such a joy to work with. He was professional, and did everything exactly as committed. Even when we had a complication with the caterer, Jason was the one that smoothed it out and kept me from having to know about the problem on my day!

Sent on 10/20/2011