JBJ Pictures Reviews

JBJ Pictures 6
JBJ Pictures 7

Ashley N Seippel · Married on 11/21/2018

Wedding Photographer Extraordinaire

They say a picture is worth 1000 words, and JB's photography, professionalism, and talent truly exceeds this sentiment.

From the start, JB was eager to please, and was constantly available for phone chats, text convos and emails. This was such a blessing, and helped calm all my pre-wedding jitters. He offered up advice, recommended other vendors, and made sure that he got to know me on a personal level before my big day. Since we had hired JB to photograph our event for 11 hours, getting to know one another was key! By the time our wedding day approached, I already felt like I was spending the day with an old friend.

My husband and I made the last minute decision to add a videographer a few days before our wedding. We had the pleasure of working with JB's wife, Brittany, who filmed our entire day. Brittany and JB work seamlessly together, and although they're "right there" capturing all the important photos, they seamlessly blend in to the background. This provided my husband with a lot of comfort, as he's not as used to being in front of the camera and smiling for hours like I am!

A few days after the wedding, JB sent some sneak peeks of our big day, and I cried tears of joy and utter amazement. To say the photos were beautiful doesn't do them justice - his photography is stunning. The lighting, and technique of using both digital and film photography adds so much depth to the photos and makes them really pop. He is a master of his craft!

If you're looking for someone to capture your special day, look no further. Hiring JBJ Pictures to be part of our wedding day was by far the best decision we made.They are a dream to work with, and made our big day THAT much better! We can't wait to work with them again!

Thank you, JB & Brittany!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Mel · Married on 09/29/2018

Initially, my fiancé and I were a bit nervous about the process of taking engagement photos. We thought it would be a somewhat awkward experience and that it would show through in our pictures. However, as soon as we met Jean-Baptiste we felt instantly at ease. He is such a pleasure to work with. He was extremely open to the photo ideas we had and obviously came up with amazing shots himself. He made us not only feel comfortable throughout the shoot, but we actually wound up having a great time! I cannot say enough about his kindness, professionalism and quick response time throughout this entire process.

After our amazing experience during the shoot, I must say I was a bit nervous about the photos only because it was so cold, foggy and windy that day, so when we got them back I was absolutely floored at how amazing they turned out. The photos are absolutely beautiful and look so natural. We feel so lucky to have gotten to work with Jean-Baptiste and that we'll having these amazing photos to last us a lifetime.

From the outstanding quality of his photos to his kindness, professionalism, and responsiveness -- JBJ is a sure a bet. Anyone will feel lucky & thankful to work with him, trust me!

Sent on 02/01/2018
    JBJ Pictures 8
    JBJ Pictures 9
    JBJ Pictures 10
    JBJ Pictures 11
    JBJ Pictures 12

JBJ Pictures's reply:

Mel, thank you so much for such a kind review, I loved capturing your engagement photos and I'm so glad you'll have them to remember this special time in your lives. Thanks again for choosing JBJ Pictures!

Jessica · Married on 07/20/2018

After exchanging so many emails with multiple photography companies, we immediately fell in love with JBJ Pictures: they were very quick to respond to our inquiry (on a Sunday!), are personable, friendly, honest and genuinely passionate about helping us with all things weddings. In addition to delivering gorgeous wedding photos, these qualities are probably what makes them so successful in the Bay Area (and abroad too apparently, Brittany recently told us that they are booked for weddings in Croatia, Italy, Fiji and a couple of other dreamy destinations I forgot about!)
    We've only received our wedding sneak peek and we are already blown away by how they captured our day and our overall experience working with JBJ Pictures. We can't wait to see the rest of the photos and create our wedding album!! We definitely recommend JBJ Pictures if you care about your wedding photos and want the best experience and support throughout your wedding planning!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Connie · Married on 06/02/2018

We loved working with JBJ Pictures for our wedding. We reached out to them only 8 months before our wedding date and were worried that they would not be available given how many 5-star reviews they have on Yelp, Wedding Wire and The Knot, but they have a large team so they were able to accommodate our needs. We booked their photography, videography and photo booth, and we were amazed by how everything turned out! Their whole team is amazing and hiring them to do everything related to photo/video was a blessing when I started stressing out about all of the vendors we had to "manage". We had one person of contact from their team (Brittany), and it made it soooo much easier to deal with.
    I recommended JBJ Pictures to my cousin who is getting married next year and she said she's already so impressed by their communication and professionalism! Definitely an amazing company with amazing people who truly care about you.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Kenzie · Married on 05/16/2018

Jb is awesome! He met us at our location and was incredibly patient when we were slightly late (SF rush hour traffic is no joke). I'm so thankful we saw JB's work online and decided to book him for our wedding pictures. He was so easy to work with and truly wanted to know exactly what we wanted. The pictures came out incredible and he got them to us quickly. When you book with JB you're not only getting a photographer, but a friend as well. Highly recommend booking him if you can !

Sent on 06/19/2018

Thanh · Married on 02/10/2018

My husband and I are extremely glad that we found JBJ Pictures for our San Francisco City Hall wedding. Being that we're not from the Bay Area, we were relying on reviews in selecting our photographer. Let me just say that JB has perfect reviews for a reason. Our interaction with him was simply effortless from beginning to end. He is professional, punctual, responsive, friendly, honest, flexible and very patient. Along with his great personality, JB is a very talented photographer! His experience is clearly shown through not just the beautiful photos that he was able to capture but also in how comfortable he made us feel every step of the way. We absolutely love his natural style of photography and his ability to utilize natural light to compose beautiful images of our wedding day. The pictures came out perfect! Thanks to JB, we now have a lot more beautiful photos with our family and our puppy, Milo on the wall. Did I mention how great JB was with our puppy? We could not have asked for a better experience. We highly recommend entrusting JB for all your photography needs.

Thanks again JB!

Sent on 04/15/2018
  • F

Francis · Married on 10/15/2017

Hiring JB was one of the best decisions I made when planning my wedding. He was so easy and fun to work with and the photos are all amazing. We had to switch venues last minute because of the Sonoma fires and JB stepped up and really made sure he found great areas to shoot the photos in the new location. I would definitely hire him again for another event.

Sent on 12/16/2017

JBJ Pictures's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words! I am so glad everything worked out despite the Sonoma fires. Your wedding at the Fairmont San Francisco turned out amazing and we're so honored to have been a part of it :)
  • I

Irving · Married on 08/12/2017

We loved having JB be our photographer for our engagement photos and wedding! He's so friendly, experienced, and responsive. He guided us through the whole timeline process and made sure he captured all the photos we wanted on our special day.

Sent on 12/28/2017

JBJ Pictures's reply:

Thanks Irving! I loved working with you and doing our Google Hangouts to plan all the details of your big day! Everything turned out better than we could have hoped for and I am grateful to have documented the special day of such a wonderful couple :) Thanks again!

V · Married on 08/12/2017

We loved working with JB. He was a fantastic photographer with a great eye for how to make us look awesome in photos. We worked with him on engagement photos and we love them - they capture us as who we are with some awesome scenery!

Sent on 12/17/2017

JBJ Pictures's reply:

Thank you so much for the great feedback, it was a pleasure working with you for this special occasion :) Wishing you only the best! Jean-Baptiste

Jessie · Married on 08/12/2017

JB was a wonderful addition to our wedding. He was the first vendor we hired, and was a part of our journey all the way to the end. JB listened to our vision, and incorporated our wants into his artistic style. More than that, JB was pleasant to work with, always present with a smile and helped our wedding day jitters. We couldn’t be happier with our wedding pictures!

Sent on 12/23/2017

JBJ Pictures's reply:

Thanks so much Jessie! I am so grateful and honored to have been a part of your big day from the very beginning :) We had so much fun during your engagement session and your wedding was absolutely amazing, thanks again for choosing JBJ Pictures to document all of these special moments!

Ashley · Married on 07/29/2017

For naturally stunning wedding photos, look no further. No cheesy posing or gimmicky editing, I am in love with our wedding photos. Jean-Baptiste is a true professional and really cares about what he does. He was always so quick to respond, and very easy to communicate with (as we planned our wedding from a completely different state). His pricing is very fair, and he also offers quite a few services. He interacted with our guests in a way that allowed for natural looking photos, but could also guide us while in front of the camera. I wish I lived in California so I could recommend his services to more people!!! Thanks for everything, Jean-Baptiste.

Sent on 12/23/2017

JBJ Pictures's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley! Your wedding at Villa Montara was truly amazing and it was such a pleasure photographing you and Jonathan! Thanks again for trusting me to document your big day, I am so glad you're happy with everything :)

Linda · Married on 06/10/2017

I was so pleased to hire JB as our wedding photographer in St Helena, CA. My wedding coordinator was very particular about hiring her preferred photographers but I was so impressed with JB's work through seeing another friend's wedding album and by JB's customer service experience that I took a chance and went with him. We were married at V. Sattui Winery and JB and his wife Brittany (the second photographer) had gone out of their way to meet with us at the winery before the wedding to check out the venue. JB also took the initiative to get to know us and had regular check-ins throughout the year leading up to our wedding. He was always responsive, on-time, made sure to follow the agenda closely, and was prepared. He'll solicit your feedback on what photos you want to capture (details, getting ready, make up, etc) to make sure that your wedding photography goes as you expect. He has a keen eye for capturing photos with the right lighting. Our picture quality was amazing and we were so happy on how the photos turned out. I guarantee that you won't be disappointed with hiring JB as a photographer. He truly is passionate and dedicated in your special day and that it is captured perfectly for you. Out of all the vendors we hired, finding the right photographer was the most important to us and I'm glad I stuck to my gut and picked JB. I would highly recommend him for any photography needs you have.

Sent on 12/18/2017
    JBJ Pictures 13
    JBJ Pictures 14
    JBJ Pictures 15

JBJ Pictures's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback, it was such a pleasure photographing your wedding day and we are so glad you will keep amazing memories and photos of it :) Thanks again Linda!

Arwin · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I planned our wedding in 30 days. Our elopement turned into a much bigger event than we had anticipated once we told our families that we planned on getting married. We were moving from California to Hawaii only 4 days after the date we had set. Unlike most sane couples, the last vendor we had left to book was a photographer. We had a tight budget and very short notice. I was almost ready to give up when I came upon JB's site. I can't remember how I found it, but I do remember feeling excited to have found a photographer whose work I adored that was within our budget. I still remember the overwhelming feeling of relief when he emailed me back right away to let me know that he had an apprentice available to work the day of my wedding. He was polite, kind, and was very willing to lend a helping hand outside of his role as a photographer. To my delight, we were blessed with the unexpected circumstance of JB being able to take his apprentice's place on the day of my wedding to be our photographer. He was professional and a joy to work with. I am forever grateful that he was able to save our big day and provide us with these priceless memories.

Sent on 12/20/2017
    JBJ Pictures 16
    JBJ Pictures 17
    JBJ Pictures 18
    JBJ Pictures 19

JBJ Pictures's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review with some photos, I am so glad you are happy with everything and it was truly a pleasure to be a part of your beautiful wedding :) Wishing you only the best! Jean-Baptiste

N · Married on 04/06/2017

WE HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND JB!

Simply amazing! JB is a true gem. From our initial call, we couldn't have been more pleased with his wonderful personality, level of expertise, and delivery. He made it so relaxing and fun. With two cultures/two ceremonies, it was a full day. He helped us focus on the communal feeling and family-first experience in celebrating and keeping the flow. He really captured the combining of cultures and all the events perfectly. There were so many images that we were like - oh my gosh, we didn't even see that and able to relive - and all our loved ones swear our "official" photo looks like a cover of a magazine. His shots are incredible - so detailed and perfectly colored. We were mesmerized by his final output.

It was an honor to have him a part of our wedding! Very blessed to have crossed paths with JB and have flawless forever memories.

Sent on 05/08/2017

JBJ Pictures's reply:

Thanks again Nora for the kind words! Documenting your wedding with two different ceremonies was amazing and I am so glad you will be able to re-live your special day for years to come throughout these beautiful photos :)

Monica · Married on 10/02/2016

I found JB through Yelp when I was looking for photographers to take our engagement and wedding photos -- and I'm so glad I did! He's a super talented photographer, and we LOVE his natural style (not overly processed, etc.) of photography. My husband and I are not the most natural people in front of the camera, but JB made us feel super comfortable and at ease, and always made us laugh :) I was worried the pictures would turn out awkward with some of the poses, but they turned out great. JB really knows his stuff and his experience shows in the resulting photos. He was always professional and such a pleasure to work with. He was highly responsive and delivered our photos, both engagement and wedding, in a timely manner (which is super important and appreciated for high-strung people like me, always stressing out about all the wedding vendors, details, etc.). Highly recommend entrusting JB to capture the most important moments of your life (or just for a fun photo shoot :-P)

Sent on 03/07/2018

Megan · Married on 09/26/2015

I cannot rave enough about how fantastic JB is. The absolute definition of a true professional. I am far from photogenic and was nervous that I would not be able to find a photographer that would help me feel comfortable enough with the process to find "my good side." JB did just that. He was extremely responsive in communication from the first time that I reached out to him all the way from our engagement photos to our wedding day. He listened to what we wanted to capture and made it happen, along with seeing opportunities to get gorgeous poses that we didn't even know that we wanted until we saw the final pictures. He and his wife Brittany are very down to earth, kind and extremely talented photographers that I will use any time in the future that I want professional photographs. He is the real deal!!!

Sent on 03/17/2018

I originally booked a different photographer and had a horrible experience with her communication when it came to our engagement photos. Enter JB. He literally saved me from having a wedding nightmare and having to deal with a non-responsive photographer who didn't come through for me. I'm so glad I hired JB before the wedding happened! Right from the start, JB made me feel comfortable and at ease because he was so approachable and readily communicated with me on a timely, professional, friendly basis. We even would talk about things outside of the wedding and started to get to know each other well as people too. To me, that was really special and to this day, we consider JB a good friend!
    We ended up doing another engagement session with JB because I figured I should do something with my make up trial. I ended up loving JB's engagement pictures even more than my original photographer's, even though we only spent an hour with him! And when it came to the wedding, JB was super organized to ask questions before the wedding and I could tell he was running around trying to capture the best shots. His second shooter was also great to work with! We got our photos in about 6 weeks and it was so nice to re-live the day with these photos! He was also gracious enough to throw in some extras and give us black and white versions of everything. I would highly recommend anyone to work with JB based on his responsiveness and true professionalism to give his clients the best. Just give him an email, and you'll see! Also, our wedding photo that he took was recently featured on The Knot's instagram!! He's really starting to make a name for himself in wedding photography and he does commercial photography for big companies like Neutrogena, Jack Daniels, etc. He has a great eye for natural light, so check him out! :)

Sent on 08/25/2016

JBJ Pictures's reply:

Thanks again Jasmine for your kind words! I loved getting to know you and Brandon and documenting such a special year for you :) The photos turned out amazing and I am so happy you and your parents will have the gorgeous wedding albums and canvases you got to preserve these moments for generations to come. Thanks again for being such a wonderful couple to work with! Jean-Baptiste