Jay Resh Photography Reviews

17 Reviews for Jay Resh Photography

• Priyanka

Priyanka Sahay · Married on 03/02/2020

Absolutely amazing!

My fiance and I recently contacted Jay for an Engagement photoshoot. Jay not only helped us pick the location based on what we were looking for, but also helped us finalize the time of the day when we would get the best lighting. That really made us feel we were in good hands as we knew very little about all this. Jay was extremely professional and we had a flawless photoshoot. Our pictures came in a week's time and the pictures are just amazing and beautiful. I'd highlighly recommend Jay Resh photography to the new couples out there and to anyone who's looking for a photshoot. )

Sent on 12/30/2019

Jay Resh Photography's reply:

Happy New Year, Priyanka! Thank you so much! I really do appreciate the kind words. I'm so happy you found your images to be "amazing and beautiful." That's always the goal :)
  • Melissa

Melissa Johnson · Married on 11/16/2019

Safari Park Wedding

Jay was really responsive and willing to accommodate our requests for both our engagement photos and our wedding day photos. He was able to capture very dramatic and cinematic pictures that we will cherish forever. His services are a great value and we would recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. He's also a really nice guy.

Sent on 02/28/2020

Helen Dealtry · Married on 10/11/2019

5 star service from start to finish!

We are so glad we chose Jay to be our photographer! I work in fashion and spend a lot of time looking through images. There's a big difference between good and amazing. I wanted amazing images of my wedding day (who doesn't?). I must have looked at 20 different photographers, and when really looking at their images, I wasn't impressed. But wow, Jay is actually an artist. His images are exactly what I wanted. Just look for yourself. It's plain as day. He's also very professional and responsive. Wedding planner loved working with him too... oh, and the entire bridal party, actually. He kept us laughing and having fun while we were taking photos. That was a huge plus!

Sent on 12/30/2019

Jay Resh Photography's reply:

Happy New Year Helen, and thank you so much for the wonderful words! It was a really great experience getting to know you and work with you! I'm so happy I could make the day a bit more fun for you :)
  • Tomomi

Tomomi Emori · Married on 09/01/2019

Highly recommended. Top notch experience for a great price. Photographer with a natural style.

OVERALL: The most notable traits about Jay are his reliability, his speedy responsiveness, and his flexibility in his willingness to help. I highly recommend him for any event, and would definitely work with him again if I had the opportunity.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: We were recommended to Jay by our wedding videographer. After visiting his website, we immediately loved his natural style, both in colors, which were not overly edited, and the natural expressions he captured in his subjects. Not to mention that his pricing was in our ideal budget. Upon first message, we already felt his genuine and professional nature, which made communication so easy from start to finish.

PLANNING PHASE: Even before we signed, Jay acted not only as a photographer, but also doubled as a creative director and consultant for how we should plan our day around the photo opportunities. We took away so many ideas for our big day from just this first session; this helped us establish our trust in him from the start. As the day came closer, he offered to meet us at the venue to show us how he was planning on using the architecture of the property, and also to explain the flow of the day-of in terms of moving from location to location. This was a very key meeting that made us feel at ease knowing we were prepared before the rush of the big day began.

ON OUR WEDDING DAY: On the big day, he was great at reminding us of what he needed from us, e.g. waiting for him to be ready before tossing the bouquet. He was excellent at exhibiting leadership even with delays that resulted from the usual wedding craze. We appreciated his ability to be quick on his toes while not forgetting to pay attention to detail. It was also nice that he expressed his excitement when he got a good shot, and was wonderful about complimenting anything that was going right, which made us feel happy and confident in ourselves and in the day.

PHOTOS: The final photos were spectacular and turned out exactly in the natural style that we were hoping for - everything from the detail shots and the creative use of architecture in our first look photos, all the way to the family portraits, the movement he captured during our dances, and the natural smiles he captured of us. We now have photos that are sure to treasure for a lifetime and generations to come.

Sent on 11/09/2019

Jay Resh Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind kind words, and the wonderfull opportunity to work with you both. Your wedding was beautiful, and so much fun to be a part of! It was such a pleasure being there. Thank you again! :)
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 06/27/2019

Nailed It!

Jay was awesome to work with! He fit right into our relaxed and low key vibe that we wanted for our wedding. We wanted fun, unique and non-traditional and he captured all of the moments we wanted.

He also was very flexible to our schedule and requests. We held an 80's costume hot tub cruise party on the bay the day after our wedding and we were able to trade that out for an engagement photo session! He even dressed the part. Well, that was our requirement. :)

Thanks, Jay, for capturing our moments and joining us for the after-party!

Sent on 08/31/2019

Jay Resh Photography's reply:

Thank you Nikki! It was so much fun getting to photograph your wedding, and 80's hot tub cruise party!! It was such a pleasure! Thank's for letting me be a part of the excitement :)

Sarah Jones · Married on 06/07/2019

Jay is Awesome!

Jay was incredible to work with! He did an engagement session for us as well as our wedding and all of the photos are beautiful! On our wedding day, he was the perfect person to keep me calm and carefree while trusting him to capture everything. Like having a close friend in charge. Jay is very personable, light hearted, and professional, as well as willing to roll with the punches which is what you need from your photographer on your wedding day! We got our photos back very quickly and I could not be happier with them!
    Thank you so much, Jay for your beautiful work! It was a pleasure working with you!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Jay Resh Photography's reply:

It was such an absolute pleasure to work with you and Chris! Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm so glad I was able to be there to capture your wedding!

-Jay

KIANA BAHRAMIAN · Married on 05/31/2019

Wedding Photography

We found Jay in the list of top Fearless Photographers. We were impressed with his style and decided to book him! He met with us a few months prior at our venue, he was very responsive and flexible throughout the process.

On the wedding day he was just running around capturing photos from all of our special moments, he made us feel so comfortable in front of his camera that our poses just kind of came naturally. He made sure he captured everything we asked him to before the wedding and he delivered our photos as promised containing all the photos we hoped for!

- He is a very talented photographer
    - He is professional
    - He is keeps his promise with timelines and delivery
    - He is empathetic towards the bride! Understood it was a stressful day for me and was very calm and cooperative!

BOOK HIM!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Jay Resh Photography's reply:

Kiana, thank you so much for the amazing words! It was such a great experience getting to work with you and Shayan! Thank you for choosing me as your wedding photographer :)

Kaylee Marie Flick · Married on 05/18/2019

Best of the best!

Jay was so great to work with right from the start. He made us feel confident that we'd look good if we just relaxed and had fun at our wedding, which is exactly what we wanted. We looked through samples of his work and told him what we liked, and that's exactly what he delivered when we got our images back. It's so nice that we got something back that looked as good (if not better) than what we envisioned. He had an amazing personality too. That was something else we were really impressed with. No matter how crazy it got, he was so calm and reassuring that everything was running smoothly. Thanks Jay!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie Favorite · Married on 02/22/2019

Perfect experience-professional, talented, kind

I am SO glad we worked with Jay for our wedding photos. He was very responsive right off the bat, and I really appreciated that he really listened to what we wanted. I also appreciate the contract he sends out because it is super thorough and helped me feel more assured!
    We had a courthouse wedding and small reception and only requested several hours as opposed to a full day with Jay, and he did a REALLY great job of maximizing our time and helping us plan, and even keeping us on track the day-of. I think without him things wouldn't have been so smooth, so he REALLY went above and beyond!
    He is great at helping plan for the event and thinking of all possible situations, and he is really really good at executing on the day-of. He is also VERY good at giving direction, which was super important to me and my partner since we had no idea how to pose for photos.
    I love love love Jay's photo style--it captures personality, emotion, gorgeous light, and is ethereal while still just real and fun. My partner and I were so delighted when looking through our photos (just a little over a month after the event--good turn around time!) at the moments he captured that we otherwise would not have seen. We feel SO glad for our choice to work with Jay and would easily recommend him. He is also an extremely good price (Jay--you could totally charge more! So worth it) for the quality and just great experience. Jay's personality is professional, easy, and fun and we just had a really wonderful time--our wedding was totally enhanced by our photographer experience!

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • Vivian

Vivian Amiel · Married on 01/26/2019

Can't get better.

Jay has such great vision. We were drawing a blank when it came to so much of the wedding timeline and pictures we wanted to get. But the hour we spent with him going over the details solved all that. He was also kind enough to drive us around during our engagement session so we could go to more than one location without any problems. I know that has nothing to do with his images, but I think it goes towards his personality which is very helpful and caring. Bridesmaids loved him, groomsmen loved him, family loved him, we loved him too. Our pictures look magazine quality good. Perfect score photographer!

Sent on 03/08/2019

Milton Dauss · Married on 10/14/2018

Genuine pro.

I rarely review anything, but Jay's service is worth it. When we started looking for someone to photograph our wedding, we knew exactly what we wanted. We wanted someone we trusted to show up. We wanted someone that was more focused on detail and took their time to get things right. We wanted someone relaxed and easy to work with. We got that all from Jay. It was a huge weight off our shoulders when we met him. He made suggestions that really helped. He kept us calm and on track the entire day. Just a nice guy with great photography skills.

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Emma

Emma · Married on 07/21/2018

We love our images!!

This guy wears so many hats! Photographer, planner, motivational coach lol. No matter how nervous I started to get, he kept bringing me back down to earth. Reassuring me and my husband that the day was about us, and we should just enjoy it. It was great because we ended up with lots of natural looking pics, instead us both looking super anxious and awkward lol. I highly recommend using him! The entire process was so pleasant. Love you, Jay!!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Kim · Married on 11/05/2017

Super talented photographer!!! Me and my fiance are both horribly shy and don't like taking pictures, and after talking to Jay about it, he spent some time (for free!!!) to teach us some sweet skills for killing it in front of the camera! We already did an engagement session with another photographer so instead of the free session I ended up doing a boudoir shoot. Super professional and respectful. The images are so classy!!! I kept saying "omg, is that me??" I wish I could walk around looking like his images of me all the time lol!! Wedding pictures are sooooooo good! We got the album. I know I could have done it myself, but I'm way too lazy lol. I'm glad though. He put it together in a way I know I wouldn't have. The prints are fantastic! I could say much much more, but I won't go too crazy here. He's amazing. Just know that!! Lol.

Sent on 05/08/2018
  • Y

Yahaira · Married on 10/07/2017

Jay is amazing & his work is stunning!! If I could give 10 stars I would! My husband & I were so impressed with our engagement session & the photos. Neither of us had done any sort of photoshoot so we were completely clueless but Jay is so easy going, patient & professional that we quickly relaxed & trusted him completely! After that, we couldn't wait to see what work of art he could create on our big day. Day of, he exceeded any & all my expectations. He went above & beyond just to get the perfect shot! He made us (bridal party included) look & feel so glamorous & confident. His artistic style & eye for detail are truly reflected in his work. We even got to see a couple raw shots & I was already beyond impressed! I can't wait to see the finished product. Highly recommend Jay!

Tiffany · Married on 06/03/2017

Jay really is the most amazing photographer. Our expectations were exceeded by his work, and we could not be happier with our images! Though we had a planner that we worked with, we also were able to count on Jay for tons of information and help in creating our timeline and floor plan design. He offered a perspective we didn't think about. He helped us fix all the things that could have been issues in our images before our wedding. He toured our venue with us and spent so much extra time going through location options. My husband and I loved that we were able to get an idea of what he had planned.

During the wedding he was reassuring and really professional. Everyone loved him and complimented me for hiring him. Of course the best part was getting our images. We were blown away by the quality. They really look like they could be in a magazine. Don't hesitate in hiring him. You won't regret it!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2016

We were very pleased to have Jay as our photographer for our special day and can definitely say he was our favorite vendor to work with! Much more than just our photographer for the day, he was able to capture beautiful shots without drawing the whole process out, allowing my husband and I to focus on actually enjoying our wedding day! Ensuring to maximize the time we had set aside for photos, he also let us know of small opportunities he saw for other photos throughout the day. As I played out the typical role of the anxious bride, stressing over every little detail, Jay was very reassuring and really just a pleasure to have around all day! Of course, the photos were beautiful! We would definitely consider Jay as our photographer for our next life event and recommend him to anyone looking for a truly talented artist!

Ann · Married on 09/24/2016

We are so happy that we chose to go with Jay for our engagement/wedding photos! My fiance (husband now) usually hates taking photos but Jay captured the most perfect photos. We loved that some of the photos that he took were very creative and original. He's professional, very easy to work with and will try his best to get the best shot according to your preferences. I've already recommended him to two of my newly engaged friends!