Sororal Twin Studios (Photo + Film) Reviews

57 | Columbia, MD

57 Reviews for Sororal Twin Studios (Photo + Film)

Andrew McBain · Married on 03/07/2020

Amazing Photographer!!

Jay was an amazing photographer for our wedding! Not only did he take gorgeous photos, but he also made sure we were having fun throughout the day as well! He was able to get us our photos quickly as well, which was awesome!

Sent on 04/04/2020

Scott Bramson · Married on 10/05/2019

Great photographer! Do not hesitate to use!

My fiance and I had Jay photograph our wedding in October and he was awesome! He was very professional, prompt, courteous, and friendly. From our initial emails, to the day of the wedding, we felt like we were his only client. We had him do our engagement shoot as well, and both experiences went off great. He always showed up on time, and was even willing to stay a bit later than scheduled in order to get all of the shots we wanted. He has a variety of packages to choose from, and we thought his pricing was very fair. Do not hesitate to use Jay for your event!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Nicole · Married on 06/29/2019

Very professional

Jay did my engagement shoot and wedding day. He was super professional and knowledgeable. Like most young couples, we had no idea how these photo sessions would work and he told us exactly what to do while making us feel natural and comfortable. He knows Baltimore very well so he took us to the perfect places for our engagement shoot. On the big day he managed large groups of family and friends with ease. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/17/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 06/08/2019

Just Beautiful

Jay was so wonderful to work with. He is fast and very responsive. Our photographs are just gorgeous and speak for themselves.

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Korie

Korie · Married on 11/10/2018

Stellar Wedding Photographer!!

Jay is a top-notch wedding photographer. We hired him for our November 2018 wedding and I am so happy that we did. He is the epitome of professional and talented. His communication in the months leading up to the wedding was impeccable and I felt like he knew exactly what we were looking for. On the wedding day, our wedding party raved about him and how kind and professional he was the entire day. He seemed to be everywhere at once, but never ever in the way. He was extremely flexible when we had to make some last minute changes due to weather. We got our pictures within several weeks and they are GORGEOUS. Our family is so happy with them and we have received multiple texts even weeks after the wedding commenting on how great our photographer was. Can't go wrong with Jay.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Katie · Married on 04/27/2018

We loved working with Jay! He captures beautiful photos that we will love and cherish forever. Jay made us laugh and feel comfortable in front of the camera for hours. He was also incredibly flexible with us and prompt with delivering the photos. We are thrilled that we used Jay Moore Photography!!

Sent on 05/23/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 04/20/2018

Jay Moore Photography

Jay was easy to get along with, and made us feel comfortable. He has also been patient with us in how long it took us to get back to him post wedding with our selections. Would recommend!

Sent on 02/12/2019
  • Y

Y · Married on 10/28/2017

After extensive online search and talking to a few photographers, we chose Jay because of both his work and personality. We would give Jay six stars if we could! He is professional, calm, effective, and more. He worked after hours because he wanted to catch the changing lights in sky. He was persistent until he got the perfect shot for us! Highly recommened.

Sent on 11/21/2017

The reason my wedding was incredible = JAY MOORE

From the onset, Jay was extremely thorough, patient, efficient. He made us feel extremely comfortable and was very reasonable in his pricing. He does not try to overcharge or nickel and dime you. He produces high-quality images with a creative spirit in mind and certainly accommodates your wishes (We wanted a sparkler picture, and certain poses and he accommodated it all!). I also loved that he helped guide you by giving you a timeline and working with you on it. He was super flexible but also ran the show the day of the wedding and made sure everyone stayed on time without being too overbearing. ALL of my friends and family loved working with Jay and he produced our photos within 14 days of our wedding. He was an absolutely pleasure to work with and hands down I would hire him again for any future event.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Jen & Chris · Married on 09/09/2017

My now-husband and I found Jay via his positive reviews on this site, so it's only appropriate we leave him a well-deserved positive review of our own so others can make the same smart choice we did! Jay was the first vendor we hired or even met with. Being newbies to the whole wedding planning thing, we were super impressed at how organized and knowledgeable he was upon our initial discussion - and his calm yet confident demeanor, along with the many photos he showed us of his work in similar venues, helped seal the deal. In the months leading up to the wedding, Jay was extremely responsive to any questions and flexible to any alterations. The day of the wedding, he showed up early, was his calming yet fun self during the bridal party and family pictures, and seemed to always be in the right spot to capture all the memories during the ceremony and reception. And his work didn't disappoint in the least! We received the over 2000 photos on a flash drive that we can now share with family and friends or print ourselves (or order through him!) in a timely fashion and with a special surprise gift to boot! We've received tons of compliments on the photos, and I especially appreciate how he used the natural lighting of each space to enhance the shots. We had our bridal party pics outside (in Camden Yards!!), our ceremony pics in front of huge floor-to-ceiling windows, and our reception pics from dusk into night in a room with overhead lighting and orange uplights - and all looked great! Can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Andrea · Married on 09/03/2017

You won’t regret working with Jay. He is so easy to work with and the photos are more than we could have imaged! If you work with Jay, your photos will be absolutely stunning. He was great working with our pets for our engagement session (yup, our two precious pups were in our fantastic pictures to make them complete)! On the big day, even our families raved about how great he was to work with. Literally can’t say enough great things about him!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Great pictures! Got a sneak peak photo the day after! Prices are perfect and he was super Friendly and professional!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Angela · Married on 10/08/2016

Jay Moore's work is phenomenal! My pictures are amazing and so is he. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture this once in a lifetime event.

Sent on 10/21/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/10/2016

I cannot rave ENOUGH about Jay! From the minute we met with him, I knew I wanted him to shoot our wedding pictures. He was so laid back and easy going he just made you feel comfortable. We booked him almost 2 years before our wedding. He kept in touch and helped us pick the perfect location for our engagement shoot. My fiance and I were nervous at first because we'd never had professional pictures taken, especially not in a public park, but Jay immediately got us laughing and joking and feeling at ease. (We still make jokes from that day). When we got our engagement pictures back, I cried because they were so beautiful. We used one for our Save the Dates and everyone raved!
    The day of our wedding, Jay was even more amazing. He came to my bridal suite and he just blended in, making everyone comfortable and at ease. My hair and make up artists both raved about how amazing he was. They both said he was the best photographer he ever worked with. One of my bridesmaids had her son 5 days before my wedding (almost 4 weeks premature) and Jay even took some newborn pictures for her.
    We got married at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club at sunset and our view was beautiful to begin with, but Jay is a landscape and lighting genius. The pictures he captured of the bridal party both before and after the ceremony and the ceremony itself are award winning! He captured the true spirit of the party at our reception as well. I don't think there is one person or one moment that he missed. Again, when we got our pictures back (which took MAYBE 2 weeks...if it even took that long), my fiance and I both cried! They were absolutely breathtaking and more than I could have dreamed of. I cannot say enough good things about Jay and his work!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Samantha · Married on 08/27/2016

Picking Jay Moore as my wedding photographer is one of the best life (yes, life!) decisions I have ever made. I was extremely indecisive going into the photographer-selection process, so I consulted with a coworker (who is also a photographer)- I gave him the list of the top 5 photographers I was interested in, and he came back shortly and said without a doubt Jay's quality and talent stood among the rest. AND, he was significantly less expensive than some of the others! My now-husband and I were booked for an engagement session, which I considered a BIG trial run for us since he hates taking pictures and we may not be the most photogenic couple. After a few shots at Patterson Park (in Baltimore city), Jay showed us on the screen what he was working with, and HOLY COW the pictures were amazing. I instantly knew I made the right choice. Fast-forward to our wedding day. Jay was prompt, professional, down-to-earth and extremely easy to work with. He seemed to be everywhere on our wedding day, but was never intrusive, which I appreciated. We were excited to get a "sneak peek" the next day, and the photo was absolutely incredible. We received our entire gallery on Saturday and I don't know if I'll ever be able to pick a "favorite" from the day. They are all simply amazing, and perfectly captured the love and fun that was shown on our wedding day. Thanks, Jay, for such a wonderful experience. We would hire you a thousand times over again!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Amanda · Married on 05/22/2016

The photos that Jay took at our wedding are amazing, I could not have asked for anyone better! The photos turned out breathtaking, Jay know just what to capture to perfectly describe the day.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Lindsay · Married on 05/20/2016

From the first time we met with Jay we both knew he would be perfect for our wedding. He is laid back, professional and flexible. He made us feel comfortable instantly and always answered emails in a timely manner. The day of the wedding he truly came through! He was patient and fun with all of our family and us. He was always present but never intrusive!!

Sent on 05/28/2016

Jean · Married on 05/07/2016

Run, don't walk, to book Jay as your wedding photographer. He is the best value out there in terms of artistic talent and professionalism, at a reasonable price. I wanted someone that is actually surprisingly hard to find, and I was fairly picky about it: someone who captures special moments in an artistic but natural way, that still has unerring vision and composition in their photos. Jay is that photographer. I'm literally in awe of how my photos came out; just gorgeous, maximizing the beauty of the venue, the people, the happiness, the flowers, architecture, colors, everything! He was hardworking all day; you can tell he is a perfectionist in a good way. He is also wonderfully professional; always prompt and polite in all his emails and communications and helpful, a genuinely nice guy. He showed up early to our venue, and was very good at directing us as needed, but also going with the flow of the day and using time efficiently. Ours was an indoor venue which sometimes is trickier to photograph; and everything was still spectacular. Book Jay ASAP, you won't regret it!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Heidi · Married on 03/26/2016

When my husband and I first met with Jay we were so impressed by his professionalism and organization! We actually met with several other photographers before Jay and none of them had the amount of experience that he did. More importantly, we did not feel like he was trying to rip us off. The price of wedding photography is INSANE. Jay was so reasonably priced and his work was beautiful. He made everyone feel comfortable on our wedding day and he was very funny as well! He showed up right on time and was not obtrusive during the wedding either. I can honestly say I forget he was even there most of the time! Our pictures are gorgeous. Jay was very, very responsive and answered every single annoying question I had with ease leading up to the wedding. I highly, highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Kellie · Married on 02/12/2016

I cannot recommend Jay enough! I found out about him from a friend who was the MOH at another wedding he photographed. I knew once I saw the pictures from that wedding that he was exactly what my husband and I were looking for. His photographs are of an exceedingly high quality, but he remains affordable for a couple with a smaller than DC-area average budget.

Before the wedding, my husband and I expressed concerns about our families not being very photogenic and most likely needing A LOT of direction. The day of, he arrived early...even before I got to the venue! He was prepared and very flexible. He did a fantastic job of giving everyone the necessary amount of direction, capturing truly gorgeous shots of everyone. He went above and beyond to get the [Pinterest] shots my husband and I had on our wishlist, while still injecting his own creativity.

After the wedding, the turn-around for getting to preview our pictures was exceptionally fast. My husband's hair was a little messed up in some of the formal shots, the perfectionist in me couldn't ignore it. Jay was so very generous, taking the time to Photoshop those issues. The final product was a beautiful mix of journalistic and formal photography that everyone just can not stop raving about!

Many of our other vendors were less than stellar. Jay was the one that my husband, our families, and I have zero complaints about. Thank you, Jay, for exceeding our expectations and making sure that our wedding memories are preserved in the most beautiful way!

Sent on 04/12/2016
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 10/25/2015

Jay did an incredible job at our wedding. First, he meets with you to discuss all your options and work within your budget. He showed up on time, and managed his time very well with all the last minute changes. He took charge and rounded up all the people that needed to be in the photos and stayed right on schedule, all while maintaining a positive, professional attitude. He captured all the emotion of the day, all at the right moments. And the photos look amazing! Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/10/2015

jennifer · Married on 06/20/2015

As I was searching for a photographer I kept going back to Jay Moore's site because his pictures spoke to me. I called him and set up a face to face. I quickly knew he was the one for us. He explained how the day should go and wrote out the time line for me. I was very impressed and loved the flow. The day of the wedding we had our pictures taken before the ceremony and he made the entire experience fun and relaxing.
    I just recently received the final pictures and flash drive and could not be happier. The flash was even in this cute box with a photo on top. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Colleen · Married on 10/25/2014

Jay was fantastic! Our pictures turned out even better than we ever could have imagined. He made our day that much more special. My husband is not a picture person, and he made him feel so comfortable in front of the camera, had us laughing, and having a good time during our formal pictures. So great to work with and responded to emails/questions quickly. Would highly recommend for all photography needs.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Becca · Married on 09/27/2014

First and foremost, Jay is an amazing photographer. He knows how to make you feel comfortable even when you've never done this before. He shot our engagement photos and wedding day photos, and I am positive that they could not have been any better. Jay knew exactly where to put us and how to talk to us to get the exact shot we were looking for, and we didn't even have to ask. He was extremely communicative and very prompt with emails he made us feel like we were very important.
    For our engagement shoot we had our dog in it for half of it and in the end I think my dog is ready for a show. Jay knew exactly how to work with him and we now have our "family" photo for our Christmas card. Jay also came with us to our wedding venue a month before the big day to make sure he knew exactly where to put us and asked very detailed and important questions. He truly put in time and effort to make sure our day would be perfect.
    Now seeing the shots that came from that day I don't think I have ever felt more beautiful. Not only did the posed shots (which were beyond amazing) come out fantastic, but he found the exact times to catch the candids with my husband and I, and all of our family and friends. I recommend Jay for all of your wedding-related photo shoots. He is a true professional with a lot of talent.

Sent on 10/28/2014