Jay Maxwell's Music by Request, LLC Reviews

214 | Summerville, SC

214 Reviews for Jay Maxwell's Music by Request, LLC

Patty · Married on 05/18/2018

Can't say enough about Jay Maxwell Music by Request! Our DJ was Rhett and he was awesome. We met with him before the wedding to go over our plan (when each event would happen) and talk about the type of music we wanted played. He was very accommodating and also had some suggestions that were super helpful. The day of the wedding we had to wind up switching some of our set up around and Rhett didn't complain once about having to change things. We had tons of compliments from our guests about what a great job he did and how well he read the crowd! I would highly recommend this DJ company for your wedding!

• AprilR

April · Married on 05/12/2018

Jay Maxwell's Music by Request was wonderful! They kept the party going and everyone loved them. They were definitely accommodating to anything we needed and kept great communication throughout the entire process. Would definitely recommend them!

Mariah · Married on 05/06/2018

Jay Maxwell and his team provided the music for my wedding this May and did a great job! Brian who was the DJ for my wedding was so nice! I met up with him a few weeks before the wedding to go over the playlist and timeline and everything went great the day of! Donna was nice enough to edit a song for my father/daughter dance! Great DJ team!

Jennifer · Married on 05/06/2018

Great DJ and very professional!!!

Nicole · Married on 04/28/2018

Jay Maxwell's Music by Request and Mike were amazing throughout our wedding process. They were always quick to respond to any questions and helped us create the perfect atmosphere for our wedding. Mike made sure all of our guests were happy and kept everyone on the dance floor. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ service for our wedding and I highly recommend to any bride out there.

Jacob · Married on 04/27/2018

Absolutely amazing service! Would recommend to anyone who's looking for an affordable DJ that provides top notch quality. Made the process effortless!

Christina · Married on 04/13/2018

This past Friday we had Andrew DJ our wedding from Jay Maxwell's Music and he was absolutely wonderful! My fiancé and I had already orchestrated playlists that were important to us and our families, and he was so accommodating with our requests. He met with us in person a few times and walked through the entire workbook that is provided, helping me make decisions when I was unsure what would work best for our day. We appreciate his energy all night that kept our families on the dance floor as much as possible. I am so appreciative of his patience with me and making our vision come to life! Thanks Andrew! -Christina & Eric

Hannah · Married on 04/08/2018

Jay Maxwell Music by Request was everything and more!

• W

William · Married on 04/07/2018

From our beginning consultation, Mr. Maxwell was exceptional. Not only was the music at our wedding at hit, we felt like we were truly taken care of. I would strongly recommend their services!

• User6042137 · Recently married

We used DJ Mike Bender and he was fabulous! We picked the company and him based on reviews and we couldn't have been happier with his services. Our guests of all ages were on their feet the whole night and everyone commented on what a great DJ he was. They were still raving about him the next day. He made the reception so much fun! He also did a great job as MC and with all of the introductions and special requests. I highly recommend both the company and Mike.

Jessica · Married on 02/24/2018

Jay Maxwell is the best around!

Nicholas · Married on 02/09/2018

We were referred by a close friend to use Jay Maxwell for our DJ service at our wedding reception. We booked a mid-tier package where the DJ had at least 50+ events under their belt. We met with our DJ Kevin twice prior to our event, once several weeks out to do an initial meet and greet, and a second meeting a week out from our wedding. We highly recommend doing this if you can as it helps breaks the ice and allows whomever the DJ is to get a good idea of what your tastes are. Kevin did everything we could have asked for and was very receptive to our inputs for likes and dislikes. He respected our wishes and ensure the reception was about us and not about a DJ performance. He worked incredibly well with our coordinator at the venue and remained flexible as several changes were made on the fly. Many of our guests commented on how fun our DJ was and how tasteful the music choices were. We would happily use Jay Maxwell again for future events and highly recommend this outfit for your event.

The coordination and communication we received prior to our event was outstanding as all questions were answered in a timely fashion and there were no last minute surprises. Jay Maxwell's services are an incredible value given some of the other outfits we looked into. We highly recommend completing their initial meeting worksheet and turning the reins over to the DJs since that's what you're paying them to do. We also recommend taking their suggestions seriously as they know the venues and the acoustics so there may be additional equipment needed, as in our case. Again, we were well accommodated with no surprises when it came to the reception.

All in all, if you need a DJ to provide music and help control the flow of your event, look no further than Jay Maxwell's. You'll have a great time as will your guests and your DJ.

Leah · Married on 01/27/2018

I met Jay and his wife Donna at a wedding show last year, shortly after I got engaged! They both really impressed me with their professionalism and attention to detail - they knew their current brides by name, whenever one of them stopped by their display. In addition, they offered one of the most affordable packages that my husband and I came across in our research, so we moved forward with hiring their company for our ceremony music, ceremony AV (microphones), and reception MC/music. We were initially assigned Kevin Baltimore as our DJ, and our initial meeting with him was great, but shortly before our wedding, he was called away and thus unable to perform at our event! Donna called to let me know the news personally, and Jay himself stepped in to fill Kevin's role. Both my husband and I felt very taken-care-of in that regard, and Jay did a great job on the wedding day - our guests were on the dance floor all night, and he played all of the songs we had requested! At the end of the evening, he also provided us a CD with all of our 'special' songs - processional, bridal song, recessional, first dance, father-daughter and mother-son dances, our last song and exit song. I would definitely recommend Jay's services to other brides who are looking for an affordable DJ option, but don't want to compromise on quality and service.

Jordan · Married on 01/14/2018

Jay Maxwell was the perfect fit for our wedding! He was happy to serve in any way he possibly could. He was on time and had an amazing selection of songs. He gave input to the flow of the reception and was always engaged with the guests. He has an amazing way to read the room and know what songs to play when based on the style of music that I chose! There is so much value in choosing Music By Request. I highly recommend his team.

Keeley · Married on 12/30/2017

Mike was our DJ, and he was absolutely awesome. He paid very close attention to every detail, made sure everything was timed perfectly, and did a great job executing the whole thing. He did our ceremony and reception, and we couldn't have asked for a better guy--professionally and personally. Mike cared about our preferences, needs, and dislikes more than we could have ever expected and then honored all of them. Also, the staff at Jay Maxwell's Music was superb; they were incredibly friendly, quick to respond to emails, and super organized. We would 100% recommend this company and this DJ!

Devon · Married on 10/28/2017

We hired Jay Maxwell Music By Request for our backyard wedding and reception this past October. They provided an incredibly helpful guidebook outlining all of the songs you might need and suggestions for common selections. Then, about 30 days before the event, Mike Bender was assigned as our DJ and we setup a call and walked through all the specifics of what we were looking for: a casual backyard bbq vibe. We sent over a list of specific songs and times for the ceremony which Mike got perfect! We also sent over a list of songs we wanted to hear during the afternoon. They played pretty much everything as far as I can tell! It started pouring rain about half way through the afternoon and Mike did a great job of adjusting his setup location with minimal disruption to the music. Overall, we were very happy with Mike and Jay Maxwell Music By Request!

• Tanya

Tatiana · Married on 10/22/2017

Brandon did a wonderful job DJ’ing our wedding. He was very prompt and responded to all my music requests. I requested to find songs in russian and he did it prior to the wedding. He arrived fully prepared with Russian play list! Donna was a pleasure to work with prior to the wedding. She handled administrative portion and helped with the payments. Highly recommend their team and Brandon specifically.

cally · Married on 10/07/2017

Working with Jay and Donna was super easy! They were quick to respond to any questions I had and worked with me to find the exact songs we wanted for our reception. Our day of DJ, Rhett, was amazing and really keep the crowd alive and happy. He made sure he pronounced everyone's names correctly and that the show kept rolling even when we had a last minute change. 10/10 would recommend!

Rhonda · Married on 06/17/2017

PERFECT!!! Got the celebration going and kept it going!! Great variety of music! You will not regret booking Jay!

• Crystal

Crystal · Married on 05/20/2017

Brandon Cobb was assigned as our DJ. He was well prepared and knew exactly how the reception would flow. He did not miss one beat and the variety of music we discussed was great. I would definitely recommend this DJ service to any Bride and Groom.

Elizabeth · Married on 02/18/2017

Jay Maxwell was great to work with! They have a booklet that organizes and lays out exactly what they need in terms of music and the procession of events at both the wedding and the reception. My guests enjoyed the music, and the DJ read the crowd very well! My father even commented on how enthusiastic the DJ was and that he was a great MC. I would recommend Jay Maxwell to anyone looking for a DJ for a special event.

• Krystal

Krystal · Married on 01/07/2017

If you are looking for a company that's affordable and great at what they do. Look no further. Very professional. DJ Jermaine was awesome. I would definitely book again!!!

Meagan · Married on 10/22/2016

We loved Kevin!!! He worked with us to plan the music for both the ceremony and reception and both turned out perfectly. Due to a last-minute weather-related ceremony location change, we were worried that we would be without power but Kevin solved the problem and we had music for the entire event. He worked with us via both phone and email and worked well with our day-of coordinator and photographer to make sure that the entire day was moving as it should. Thank you so much for being part of our special day!

Jay was amazing!!! He kept people on the dance floor all night!