Javier Olivero Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Elijah G. Getting married on 10/09/2022

Talented and passionate engagement photographer

Javier went above and beyond for our surprise proposal and engagement photoshoot in Old San Juan! He was super creative working with me on coordinating the surprise element. For the actual photoshoot afterward, Javier's passion for his work, attention to detail and unique eye were all very clear, as he staged some really organic, well-composed moments for us. He and his assistant are a great team, and he really made us feel at ease in our excitement on this big day. Plus, he knows the city like the back of his hand and had plenty of local knowledge, tips and fun stories. We hope to work with him again soon! Highly recommended.

Elijah and Rivers!!!!
    Thanks for your kind words. You both make my job easier. I'm glad you liked our beautiful island!!!
    James C. Getting married on 10/01/2022

Amazing! Also, gave us an tour and history lesson while capturing our moment.

Javier and team was amazing! Not only did they do an excellent job in capturing our special moment but also gave us insight and the history of the locations we chose to have our photos taken at. Definitely recommend.
    Linda C. Married on 08/11/2021

It was a pleasure to work with Javier. He’s very responsive and professional.

Great experience with Javier, from booking to the day of the photo shoot. He is extremely responsive, which helped since we had to reschedule due to tropical storm warning on our original scheduled date.
  • Michelle
    Michelle M. Married on 07/22/2021

Gorgeous wedding photos that felt fun, natural, & romantic!!

Javier was so amazing to work with as our wedding photographer!! My husband and I got married in Puerto Rico last week. It was a tropical intimate ceremony with about 10 guests. Javier did a beautiful job capturing our ceremony, and I hardly noticed he was there during the ceremony portion. I’m so happy that he was able to capture our raw emotions - from the tears in my dad’s eyes to the pure elation and joy that everyone was feeling in those moments. I look forward to re-living the beautiful happiness and emotions of the moments when we said our vows and said I Do. After the ceremony, Javier took photos of us with our families, which was really special. He made our families feel comfortable and captured some wonderful smiles! For our newlywed photoshoot right after the ceremony, we walked down a trail onto the beach and it felt like a fun photoshoot adventure! The colors Javier achieved were vibrant and amazing, and the lighting with the sun on the beach was surreal! Javier did a wonderful job making sure that the wind was in my favor for my hair and dress, and that the sun was not in our eyes. He also did a wonderful job of taking control and being very professional while still making the photoshoot very fun and romantic with my husband. You can tell he is an expert! As someone who does not get a lot of professional photos taken of myself, I felt so comfortable when he helped direct me in what poses would be flattering, and made me feel beautiful, and natural. We received the photos to look at digitally and order as prints within 2 days (so fast!) and they are absolutely gorgeous!! I love them so much. He has also been very quick to respond to any follow-up questions I have emailed him. I highly recommend Javier if you are looking for a professional photographer who will make you feel comfortable, have fun, and look and feel amazing! I will treasure these photos forever.

Hi Michelle!!
    Thanks for your words! The weather was good and your wedding was absolutely beautiful. We are glad you liked our pictures and greetings from Puerto Rico!!!!
    Kurt P. Married on 07/20/2021

St. Regis Proposal and Engagement Shoot

Javier was incredibly helpful with the surprise, and was very professional during the engagement shoot as well!
  • David
    David M. Married on 07/07/2021

Responsive, thoughtful, and professional

Javier worked with us on surprise engagement photos and was wonderful to work with. He suggested a few places for the proposal and coordinated with me. He was very responsive, easy to work with, and we're super happy with the photos
  • Saige
    Saige G. Married on 06/14/2021

Best photographer

Thank you so much Javier and his beautiful wife, so happy to receive the beautiful photos he captured. Javier was very professional and I highly recommend him to anyone for any type of photo shoot. He knows exactly what to do and takes amazing photos, was a pleasure working with you Javier!!

Thanks Saige,
    It was a pleasure to be a part and witness of your session and of course, It was my pleasure to be your photographer!
  • Diana
    Diana Married on 05/31/2021

Great service and outcome

Very stunning pictures. Nice and patient service. I received lots of compliments on my pics. I would recommend Javier to anyone who wants a photographer in Puerto Rico!
    Erin C. Married on 05/25/2021

Engagement photos

Great photographer! A pleasure working with Javier and his assistant.

Javier Olivero Photography's reply:

Thank you Erin! Old San Juan is the most beautiful place to do your event. It was a pleasure to be your photographer!
    Bruno B. Married on 05/15/2021

it was amazing

excellent professional, friendly and attentive. did a photo shoot that exceeded my expectations.
  • Nichol
    Nichol P. Married on 05/12/2021

Best Photographer!!

Javier and his crew are the definition of professional photographers. They made both our engagement session and wedding day, a day to remember for the rest of our lives. Javier clearly shows how passionate he is when it comes to photography and making sure he captures the best moments. If your looking for a world class photographer, look no further! This is your man!

Thanks Javier for an amazing experience.

Frank and Nichol Pauling
  • Stephen
    Stephen Married on 04/25/2021

Stellar guy

High quality work! This guy is legit
  • Tori
    Tori A. Married on 04/17/2021

Blown away!

We got maternity pictures done while we were visiting San Juan Puerto Rico and booked Javier to do our pictures. We are blown away with how amazing the pictures came out he took his time shooting and telling us how to pose to make the pictures that much better. He was very personable it felt like we knew him for a life time! He is one of the best photographers I have worked with I would highly recommend him you will not be disappointed!

Thanks Tori!!!!
    My favorite photo was the one in the window! We walked a lot among Old San Juan streets. Thanks for the opportunity to serve!

Sent on 04/28/2021
    Ayobami A. Married on 01/16/2021

Proposal Photos

Javier made my proposal amazing! My fiancé surprised me at a beautiful site in Puerto Rico and Javier captured everything beautifully. He was prepared, patient, and obviously very skilled. He created magic with his direction, lighting, angles, the scenery and even included an activity (eating ice cream) that made the pictures fun!
    Alain T. Married on 12/19/2020

superb experience

Javier and his team are extremely professional and courteous. His communication prior to the wedding was efficient and on point. During the event, his attention to detail was excellent. He had some great ideas and it felt seamless. He was present, but did not feel obtrusive. The quality of the final product is beyond the expectations which we had. Truly stunning. I highly recommend Javier....
  • Lloyd
    Lloyd E. Married on 12/11/2020

Thanksgiving Week photography at St Regis, Puerto Rico

Javier -Olivero ----- Outstanding photographer -- understand use of LIGHT!!! Terrific creativity -- Truly a great experience -- would highly recommend!

Javier Olivero Photography's reply:

We are glad you enjoy your session. St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort is a paradise. Greetings from Puerto Rico!
    John D. Married on 11/04/2020

Fantastic experience!

Javier turned our engagement photo shoot into a truly unforgettable experience. He and his wife, Olga, who did a fantastic job with hair and makeup, were a terrific team and wonderful people. We walked around to various spots in Old San Juan which he Javier meticulously planned. My only wish is that he lived in NJ so he could do our wedding in May! Recommend him again and again!

Thanks Daniel!!!
    Definitely, I can be at your wedding. I don't need to live in NJ to take awesome pictures there ;)
    Chris H. Married on 07/11/2020

Amazing Surprise Engagement/Proposal!

Javier and his wife did our surprise marriage proposal/engagement photos on Thanksgiving day for us! Very personable and knowledgeable! We got a walking history tour of the area as we moved from location to location for our pictures. Javier took the time to initially video chat with me and map out a plan for the day of the surprise engagement to ensure a perfect day.

Pictures were delivered fast and came out wonderful! Everyone loves our pictures and swears that we photo shopped some of the images because they seem unreal with the water and landscaped back drops. Two thumbs up for Javier!!!!!
    Kayur Married on 05/23/2020
    Javier was all-around a great photographer and person. He was nothing short of professional while working with him for my surprise proposal in Puerto Rico. Not only did he capture the moment, but he took his time to get all angles without hesitation. He is extremely knowledgeable in lighting and angles while working quickly. I enjoyed meeting him and his wife during the shoot. Highly recommended photographer where talent meets skill.

Javier Olivero Photography's reply:

Thanks, Kayur you are a lovely couple. Hope you enjoy the rest of the day and greetings from the Enchanted Island, Puerto Rico!!!!
  • Christine
    Christine G. Married on 05/01/2020

Beautiful pictures

Javier was a pleasure to work with! He coached both my husband and I on poses and the pictures turned out beautifully! He definitely has an eye for photography and you will not be disappointed.

Thanks Christine!!!!
  • Kymmie
    Kymmie Married on 02/27/2020

Phenomenal Day Phenomenal Photography

Javier was more than I ever expected. He was timely, he was creative, he was funny and fun. Jim and I had an absolutely fabulous day taking photos at the Hotel and then overlooking San Juan Bay. His photography is outstanding and better than I ever expected! Thank you for making our special day so meaningful. Kym and Jim

Hi Kim and Jim!!!!
    It was a real pleasure to be your photographer. You had a great sense of humor and you are a lovely couple.
    Thanks for the honor to be witness of your big day.
    Greetings from Puerto Rico 🇵🇷!!!
    Luisa Married on 02/20/2020
    Amazed by our photographs! Better than expected and we were so happy to have chosen Javier for our couple session in Puerto Rico. He has a great style and captures the best backgrounds and angles! He took plenty of photos during our session to have plenty to choose from. It was hard to narrow down which to choose because there were so many good ones. It was very nice working with him and we felt the packages were very reasonably priced for the quality of his work. you would not be disappointed
    J Alberto D. Married on 01/01/2020

Sesión de Compromiso

Javier fue un excelente fotógrafo, nos trató excelente!
    Sussette V. Married on 12/22/2019

Javier is a master artist of destination wedding pictures!

Excellence is the only word that defines the work of Javier and his team. The quality of his work and professionalism are amazing. I would not think about it twice to engage him for our next event!

Thank you Sussette!!!!
    You are a beautiful couple. The day, the weather, the venue, and the couple was absolutely perfect! God bless your marriage, your life, and your family.
    Patricia M. Married on 12/21/2019

Espectacular !!!!!

Recomendado 1.000%!
    Encantada con su trabajo !!! Es el mejor !!!