JAS Productions Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Allison
    Allison M. Getting married on 10/04/2024

Wonderful!

I would totally reccomend DJ Jas! This past weekend Riding Tandem had the pleasure of working with this company and it was nothing but wonderful!
  • Jessica
    Jessica S. Married on 11/05/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing, professional, above and beyond

Justin was amazing to work with. He was the first vendor I hired and give me lots of recommendations for my other vendors I ultimately ended up hiring. Justin is extremely professional and takes his job seriously. He's also extremely well-spoken which is important for the MC aspect. I had very specific "vibes" I wanted for the different parts of my wedding and he knocked it out of the park. Everyone described my cocktail hour as "magical" and that was largely in part due to Justin playing the kind of music I had requested while also having a violinist play to his songs. It was awesome! THANK YOU JUSTIN!

Jamie T. Married on 10/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything you are looking for in a DJ

When we met Justin, we thought "Finally! A wedding vendor who makes us feel secure!" He was calm, professional and responsive the whole way - listening to our wedding woes and reassuring all of our worries. Every time we spoke with him, we walked away knowing that we could place 100% of our trust in him. And we were right. The music on our wedding night flowed seamlessly, even though we had collected a mish mash of songs from the past 50 years. We were so happy to have worked with him and gotten to know him!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Amanda B. Married on 10/08/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Would hire again if I ever remarried!

Words cannot even describe how wonderful DJ JAS is! My cousin used him for his wedding back in 2017 and all I remember was how no one left the dance floor! From the very beginning, he was respectful and understanding of how I wanted my day to go. He gave his input where I needed it, and I really appreciated his honest opinion. From emails, texts, phone calls, to finally meeting in person, Justin made us feel so comfortable, like he was a lifelong friend. I knew my music and MC'ing were in great hands. We even had my little sister do a surprise entrance and he executed it perfectly! The entire night everyone kept talking about how great the music was and the variety he mixed together. I am white and my husband is hispanic, and Justin could not have been better at blending the music we wanted. Even my photographer was on the dance floor, and told us that out of all the weddings he has shot this year, only one other one had a live dj and it truly makes a difference. Also, we used Justin's uplighting he offered and it just added the right amount of elegance to our wedding. I promise you will not regret hiring DJ JAS for your event, he is well worth it.
  • Hailey
    Hailey B. Married on 09/26/2022

Exceptional

We hired Justin not long after we got engaged in 2020 for DJing and MC services for our wedding in September 2022 at the Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort. This was one of the best decisions that we made for our wedding. Justin from the start gave us all of the information we needed to start planning our DJing and MC services. He was so easy to talk to, he took our concerns and questions seriously, his online system to pick and choose songs was easy to use and he was so responsive over the past two years. Closer to the big day we had multiple phone calls with Justin to button up the details which included sending us song suggestions for certain parts of our wedding, discussing the timeline, and set-up up our wedding to make sure it was perfect. One big attestation of how phenomenal Justin really is was just two weeks before the bid day we had our after-party location change on us and we had no speakers and had not planned on having his service for the after-party. We expressed this to Justin and he called us within an hour offering his speakers and mixes to send us so we could play them! He saved us! On the day of the wedding, his services and expertise shined even brighter. Not having ever met Justin in person we felt like we knew him for years, he was so kind, and professional, and made a great impression on all of our guests, and his mixes are off the charts! We had our whole wedding on the dance floor the WHOLE night! We had a DJ as a guest at our wedding and he made a point to express how impressed he was with Justin. Justin also was clear when he was performing MC duties, you could tell he prepped for some of the names on our list and read them perfectly and in order. Justin is also a certified partner for BOSE, the sound was amazing and his mics are hidden. He truly has the highest quality equipment. If you are looking for an experienced, professional, and organized DJ/MC look no further! I would be more than happy to recommend Justin to our friends/family and anyone in need.

As a very big bonus, Justin also offers wedding coordination services. Meet Karen Dicks, the very best there is. We hired Karen after talking with Justin and were so very glad we did. Karen does way more than just coordinating. She offers her professional advice on vendors, and set-up creates a detailed timeline, looks through contracts, and is supportive. Her passion shows through her work. Karen was always available to talk whether it was by email, call, or facetime I always felt like she put our wedding first even when I am sure she had many other weddings going on. Meeting her for the first time at our wedding was like catching up with an old friend, and that was the very best feeling besides having your coordinator and DJ on the exact same page. Karen is very organized and did not miss a beat throughout our whole day. On my wedding day, I didn't have to do a single thing other than show up, and Karen checked on us all night to make sure we were having the best night ever. Karen went above and beyond what we expected and could not have been happier. I would recommend Karen to anyone who wants to feel taken care of, wants to work with someone extremely professional, and wants their dream wedding to come to life!
    Chris V. Married on 09/17/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding.

It's 3 months later and our guests are still talking about how they've never seen a dance floor go non-stop for 3 hours. Justin arranged a couple of meetings to understand what kind of atmosphere we were looking for the ceremony, the dinner, and of course for the dance floor. The website he provided to select songs was very easy to use. His design suggestions (e.g., up-lighting) were perfect. He enthusiastically accommodated a last minute decision to have the bridge serenaded to You've Lost That Loving Feeling on the dance floor... thank you, Justin for making our special day so perfect!
  • Elisabeth
    Elisabeth W. Married on 09/17/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The music will be the highlight of your wedding!

Justin was an absolute pleasure to work with, and one of THE BEST decisions we made for our Oct 15 wedding!! He had our dance floor PACKED the entire night. In the days after the wedding, so many people told us how much they loved the music. He was able to appeal to every generation without playing a single cheesy wedding song - seamlessly mixing early 2000s, EDM, funk, groovy 60's and 70's, etc.

Justin not only managed the energy of the night, but also perfectly mic'ed up our ceremony and nailed the tricky timing for our intros perfectly. (We to be introduced at a very specific moment in a song, and he had to loop the section before live to make it match perfectly.) Don't underestimate how important it is for a ceremony to be mic'ed up well! Everyone's been to a wedding where they can't hear what's going on, static gets in the way of the vows, etc.

I definitely recommend extra colored stand lights for dancing, they were awesome and really set the mood!
    Katie S. Married on 09/03/2022

The best team!!

We loved working with team JAS (Karen and Justin)! Not only because their teamwork was beyond helpful, but because Karen's attention to detail and advocacy for us was unmatched. We had Karen as our coordinator and Justin as our DJ. Karen picked up on things when reviewing contracts that we easily overlooked and aided in vendor communication. We felt that she gave us genuine guidance in determining rental quantities and offered suggestions on ways we could save. Karen also communicated with all of our vendors and gave recommendations on our timeline to ensure we had the day that we wanted. Even as the big day got closer and we decided to change things around, Karen remained flexible, easy to work with, always went along with what we wanted, and adjusted our timeline accordingly. Team JAS worked together to answer all of our questions. Justin had worked at our venue more than Karen, and their experience and collaboration together made planning a breeze. When there was an unknown question or idea, Karen and Justin worked together to ensure we received a well-rounded answer. This teamwork especially showed through when we had questions about the restrooms at our venue. Not only did Justin call us that same day, but that weekend Karen went to our venue and took a video of the restrooms to ensure we were comfortable with any decision we made. Karen's experience with photography and sharp eye for detail was perfect when staging rentals and signs. She also seamlessly blended our decor with fixed features at the venue to ensure the entire place was picturesque. At the end of the night, Karen packed everything up and delivered all of our most important things back to our hotel room so we had nothing to worry about as we enjoyed our big day. Both Karen and Justin were great problem solvers. When part of our cake started melting due to the heat, Karen applied our cake topper to make it look intentional. We want to thank you so much for all of your help coordinating our wedding! Everything was perfect thanks to your hard work and we cannot express how appreciative we are for everything you guys did for us! You have a hard job and you both do it very well! We would without a doubt recommend them to family, friends and anyone else looking to have their perfect wedding.
    Shannon Married on 08/27/2022

The best DJ

Hired DJ JAS for our wedding and let me tell
    you he brought the heat. He had everyone
    dancing. Justin was so easy to work with, very
    accommodating and was on top of everything.
    If you need a good DJ I highly recommend
    booking with DJ JAS. Let's be honest, a DJ will
    either make or break your shindig. Don't make
    the mistake of going with another DJ. Choose
    Justin!
    Kevin G. Married on 07/22/2022

JAS Productions Always Delivers

My wife and I actually met at a wedding that was DJ’d by Justin at JAS Productions in 2017. We both love dancing and Justins mixes were amazing. The music was so good that we danced all night. It was the best start to our relationship. So of course, when we were planning our own wedding we decided to hire JAS Productions to be our DJ as well. Our wedding took place July 2022 and it was lit. People jumped on the dance floor as soon as they could and they danced the entire night. We are still getting compliments about how much fun it was. Justin delivered better than we even imagined. He is an exceptional DJ. He is an artist that loves what he does and it is comes through in his work. He took our input and our playlists seriously while incorporating his own expertise and artistry. He is flat-out talented. He is also impressively professional and knows his business. He was always communicative, very kind to us and our planners, and thoughtful throughout the entire process. We are endlessly grateful to Justin for delivering on such important occasions for us. We would attend any wedding that was DJ’d by JAS Productions.
  • Rick
    Rick R. Married on 07/16/2022

Exactly what we wanted!!

Absolutely thrilled working with Justin for our wedding. He came highly recommended and definitely did not disappoint. We did several planning meetings with him over the phone and he just made us feel so comfortable that he understood exactly what we were looking for during all stages of the wedding. He made it easy for us to give him guidance on the type of music we were wanting to hear. We loved the music selection that he created based on our specific style. He definitely kept the audience dancing for hours. And his sound system was top notch!! He did an amazing job.
    Sarah S. Married on 07/15/2022

10/10 Recommend!

We hired DJ Jas for our wedding and it was such a great decision for so many reasons! Not only was the music fantastic throughout the entire wedding, his communication and professionalism was beyond exceptional throughout the entire process.
    As a couple, we understand how much music influences the atmosphere at an event. To us, music is a crucial part of a great wedding! And wow was our wedding and the dance floor great!
    It is clear Justin loves what he does and working with someone that has true passion for what they do makes working with them easy and fun. He was organized and kept on top of us to make sure we were hitting deadlines and staying on top of our music selections. Planning a wedding can be a tedious and stressful process, but DJ Jas’ professionalism and great communication made the music side of this process go very smooth and stress free.
    Besides the professionalism and communication, DJ Jas is extremely talented and a wonderful person to talk to. The music was off the charts and we will be definitely recommending him to all of our friends, and highly recommend him for anyone that is looking for a DJ for a wedding or event. Thank you DJ Jas and we hope everyone will keep him at the top of their list when looking for their next event entertainer!
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 06/02/2022

Best Event Dj in SoCal

Without proper guidance, choosing your wedding DJ is a big leap of faith. You ultimately aren't just choosing a DJ for music. You're also choosing the master of ceremonies: the person to run the show & make sure everything you have planned & paid for runs smoothly. You want someone who will play your music & work a crowd... but also someone who is "wedding savvy." They must understand the tight TIGHT schedule of a wedding... & know all the punches for the important details, traditions & honors- someone who literally knows weddings inside & out. Justin is that person! Luckily- I am not a professional bride & Justin's expertise was essential. My wedding had a lot of moving parts (even more than your average wedding). Justin gave my vision a lot of time; making sure to understand it to a T. On the other hand, he guided me through the wedding per announcement and song, personalizing all of it so we would be happy with how things would flow. His form makes it easy to get organized but also familiarizes YOU with the layout of a wedding too which I found super helpful. We are so grateful to have found a DJ who is the full package.

If you hire Justin, consider yourself one less daunting task of wedding planning away from the big day!

(BTW- We had a "fashion show" style aisle/catwalk. As someone who has produced dozens of fashion shows, I can vouch for his abilities as a runway DJ too).
  • Tara
    Tara C. Married on 05/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best vendor at our wedding

If you are looking for a Dj, save yourself the time and book with JAS productions. I recently got married this past May 2022 and hands down he made our day! I remember waking up the morning after our wedding and my husband and I both said to each other...he was the BEST! He nailed it and delivered everything we asked for and more. I was a little nervous about explaining our vision for music and he made the process so easy and stress free. He has an amazing website where we were able to pick our "must have" songs and it was easy to navigate. Very organized and clear. When we met on Skype he was so professional and made us feel like we had already known each other for years. We had changed some things a week prior to the wedding and he adjusted without hesitation. Music is a huge part of the big day and he delivered and then some. I really can not recommend him enough and I know anyone who books him will be so thankful they did! Thank you Justin for making our day so special and memorable!!!
    Chris Married on 04/30/2022

Awesome Work from JAS Productions

On April 30th of 2022 we celebrated our wonderful wedding day in Solvang, CA. A perfect day at Brave and Maiden Winery with sparkling 75 degree sunny weather. However with all wonders of the day, JAS Productions added the cherry on top. Justin completed the perfectness of our Wedding Day. Every aspect of the music and lighting was flawless. I was nervous planning everything for the wedding myself and dealing with all the vendors wasn’t easy. However, from the beginning Justin made it so simple and easy. He was the only vendor that I had zero concern during the planning. He even met me at the venue to walk through the entire plan and we discussed every detail at length. I hired a live singer that was a surprise for my wife and guests and Justin planned that for me to ultimate perfection. Thank you to JAS Productions for making the most special day of our lives that much more special. You hit every mark perfectly, your lighting was spectacular, music was awesome(he mixed every song!)planning was flawless and your professionalism was unparalleled. Thank you Justin!
  • Elijah
    Elijah C. Married on 04/23/2022

Professional & Passionate

JAS Productions was phenomenal. On every interaction we had with Justin, whether is was one of the many planning calls or at the wedding itself, he was professional and passionate about making our special day a blast!

As my wedding was interracial (Indian/American), one of my and my wife's concerns was the ability of our DJ to combine the two drastically different music styles so that all of the guests found themselves on the dance floor. Justin rose to the occasion and mixed a blowout set that got everyone moving.

Please give Justin your business. You won't regret it.
    Lauren D. Married on 04/09/2022

Justin is amazing!

Justin was wonderful! Our wedding was postponed 2 years due to COVID, but he stuck through it all with us. He was very helpful with using his websites and working with us on our music selections. Despite the time and never meeting prior to the wedding he greeted us with open arms and helped us have the most incredible day. He played for us until midnight and kept all my friends and family dancing the night away. Justin, thank you so much for everything, you really helped make our day perfect!

-the Del Valle’s
    Nicole B. Married on 01/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Communicative, Organized, and Fantastic Equipment!

During the process of wedding planning, Justin was very communicative and organized. We really appreciated his willingness to hop on a call to answer any questions we had. On the day of wedding, Justin arrived extra early to make sure set-up went smoothly. His attention to detail regarding noise level and sound quality was top notch. One of our favorite aspects was his streamline DJ equipment - everything is wireless and looks fantastic - this also made set up a breeze! When it came time to dance, many friends commented on how great the playlist was... Everyone was on the dance floor and thoroughly enjoyed themselves! We didn't want the night to end! Would definitely recommend for your next event.
  • PRISCILLA
    Priscilla Married on 01/01/2022

Hire Him if you Want a Full Dance Floor

Justin is a master of his trade and so intuitive, professional, and experienced. He was worth every penny I had left after this pocket-emptying wedding. His flat rate for his DJing proves among all other DJ Services that he's skilled and confident in what he does that he would never give anything less than his best. No only bringing "gold package" performance when you hope for but opt out of paying for a "platinum" service with other services. He promises to bring his best every time and that's such a great business model.

I had never seen it across many other places I looked but listening to his mixtapes and talking with him, it was clear he knew exactly how to keep the dance floor full and happy.

My take was that, he is an audiophile (sound nerd and lover) by nature, passionate and intentional with what he gives and performs and is an excellent crowd reader. His speakers were so sleek and the bass was deep and beautiful.

I gave a huge list of a wide range of music and from that and his own, chose exactly what the crowd wanted. You have to be ok with not hearing every song you recommend because it doesn't matter if you want Doja Cat beats....if 90% of the floor is over the age of 45 they might leave your dance floor waiting for The Bee Gees to play. I let him do what he does and was impressed.

He's just smart and is the full package. He blends in and doesn't take the spotlight. The funny thing is that I initially wanted an entertainer MC/DJ. I realized quickly that if you got someone who knows how to lead the night with needed announcements (dinner, first dance, group photo, intros, grand exits etc), reads a crowd, and transitions music/ song-layer mixes like they were born to do it, your party doesn't need a cheesy MC.

He was patient, organized, had great suggestions to our agenda timeline and was super flexible with my last minute submission of my homemade 1st dance medley. So many of our guests complimented him during and after our wedding. Even months later they've remembered how impressive his skills were, which makes me proud that we chose him.

I would for sure hire him again so you need to hire this man! He was the real deal.

Thanks Justin!
    George T. Married on 10/30/2021

Unreal Experience!

Justin killed it! My wife and I had our wedding back in October after postponing due to COVID. Justin was very professional through the entire process and had fantastic attention to detail. Our reception was a blast! The music was great and he really captured the vibe that we were going for on our day. If we could give JAS 6 stars, we would!
    Cody C. Married on 10/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Second best decision on my wedding day was hiring Justin

Justin was so good it’s hard for me to pick a place to start, let’s go with the fact that he kept us on his calendar for over a year, checked in with us consistently and his whole process made a normally stressful time very smooth and chill. Justin went out of his way to make our wedding an event to remember, he purchased a new projector to show our wedding video, this on top of his already amazing setup with quality sound and lights. Honestly his extra effort made the event outstanding. All of this and I haven’t even talked about how great of a DJ he is, there was never a lull In the music, never a dull moment throughout in fact, the mix was outstanding and it never felt too forced, in fact he took all of our favorite songs and made them all flow as if they belonged together. He deserves all 5 stars and all of your business, just an outright great professional and all around amazing DJ, hire him now!
  • Jordan
    Jordan Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely amazing experience - from beginning to big day!

DJ JAS was absolutely amazing at our wedding. He kept the energy up the whole time, was so great to work with prior to the event to really understand what we were looking for and executed it flawlessly! The sound quality was perfect from ceremony to open dance floor. Our friends and family were dancing the entire night!
    Jenna P. Married on 09/04/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing DJ/MC!!! Highly recommend!

Justin is an amazing DJ and we HIGHLY recommend using JAS Productions for your wedding, or really any event for that matter! He is extremely knowledgeable of the wedding planning process and “day of” coordination and was prompt to answer any questions we had. He did his best to accommodate any special requests and we were very pleased with his services. And maybe most importantly for all on the budgeting concerns out there, his prices were very reasonable, even more so when you take into consideration he handled the MC duties and kept the whole night on schedule. And he even provided additional lighting. Trust us, get the up-lighting package! It made for some amazing photos from the reception. Look no further for your DJ, this is the one you want. Justin is professional, knowledgeable, and keeps the party going! We couldn’t be happier with his service and got tons of compliments from our guests with how great the music was and what a fun wedding we had!!
  • Ashley
    Ashley B. Married on 08/28/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Awesome experienced DJ, beautiful uplighting, professional

Justin DJ'd for our wedding in Malibu and we couldn't have been more thrilled with his work!!! Justin was very responsive and professional throughout the entire planning process. He made great recommendations regarding the timing of grand entrances/opening up the dance floor/cake cutting/general flow to the evening. Many of our guests raved about how the cocktail hour music was perfect - loud enough to hear but able to hold a conversation without shouting. And our guests had such a great time dancing the night away! We had a mixed crowd of older and younger adults and Justin tailored the music choices to fit the mood for everybody to enjoy! Guests were on the dance floor until the last song of the evening! We also had Justin provide uplighting for our semi-indoor reception which turned out beautifully. Justin was so easy to work with and my husband and I highly recommend hiring JAS Productions for your next event/wedding!

Music style: 90's hip hop/R&B, Motown, Bay Area rap, soft rock
  • Alannah
    Alannah Married on 08/21/2021

The Best!!

We got married on August 21st at the Kimpton Canary and Justin was incredible! Everyone can’t stop talking about how great the music was! He was very responsive throughout the whole process, offered great advice and recommendations and was extremely professional. He also had a wide variety of songs to choose from and had a quality sound system that was nicely hidden. Thank you again Justin for the incredible night!
illustration stars