Jarrod J Photo Reviews

Jarrod J Photo 5
Jarrod J Photo 6
Jarrod J Photo 7

Mollie Holmes · Married on 09/03/2019

A humble and talented professional

Jarrod is awesome! We hired him for our engagement and wedding photos and he exceeded our expectations. He's truly got a gift and a great eye for capturing moments and we are very thankful we had the opportunity to work with him. In addition to his high quality work, he's very humble and professional. We would recommend him to anyone and would definitely use him again. Thank you so much Jarrod!

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Purdy · Married on 08/10/2019

The BEST Experience!

We could not be happier!!! We did our engagement photos with Jarrod and are beyond excited for him to shoot our wedding too! He completely captured our essence as a couple and our genuine and candid love. Thank you Jarrod!!

Sent on 02/26/2019
    Jarrod J Photo 8
    Jarrod J Photo 9
    Jarrod J Photo 10
    Jarrod J Photo 11

Giovanna · Married on 06/20/2019

Jarrod is seriously the best!!

My husband and I fell in love with his work and knew we had to fly him to Hawaii to shoot our wedding! We are so happy we did! He is such a pleasure to work with and really makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. Jarrod will jump through any hoops to make sure your photos are unique and really captures the true raw moments. Our wedding wouldn’t have been the same without him!

Sent on 08/21/2019
    Jarrod J Photo 12
    Jarrod J Photo 13
    Jarrod J Photo 14
  • ZoeP

Zoe · Married on 06/20/2019

Captured my day perfectly! Professional, prompt and exceeded all expectations!

Jarrod is the most incredible photographer I have ever worked with. He makes you feel comfortable from your first meeting and is always professional. His talent and creative eye make the most breathtaking photos come to life. I have worked with a few photographers and no one comes close to the beauty that Jarrod produces. He even made my husband feel so comfortable taking engagement shots that my husband ended up being the star of the shoot! Jarrod did my engagement shoot, my destination wedding in Santorini, Greece, and my City Hall ceremony in San Francisco, CA. I wish I could hire Jarrod to follow me around all the time to capture all my important life moments. Highly recommend to anyone needing any photography needs! I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/19/2019
    Jarrod J Photo 15
    Jarrod J Photo 16
    Jarrod J Photo 17
  • Elaina

Elaina · Married on 03/30/2019

Best decision we made!!!

Jarrod was hands-down the best decision we made for our wedding. He went above and beyond, making us feel so comfortable while capturing those subtle, special moments. Jarrod has an incredible eye for detail and you can 100% trust in his process and direction. He's so easy going, responsive and just a great person to be around. He also shot our engagement session in Joshua Treeand besides the AMAZING photos, we had the best time. Thank you Jarrod for beautifully capturing memories we'll cherish forever - you truly have a gift!

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Jarrod J Photo 28
    Jarrod J Photo 29
  • Abby

Abby Sweeney · Married on 02/17/2019

Jarrod is the BEST photographer of all time!!!!!

Jarrod is a true professional. My wife and I booked him for our Engagement Photos and Wedding day photos. He went way beyond our expectations on both occasions. He took us to multiple locations, talked us through every shot and even supplied some liquid courage! We had a memorable day, laughed the entire time and the photos came out incredible. On our wedding day, we had some unexpected rain. Jarrod was  familiar with the location and knew exactly what to do. His flexibility and quick thinking resulted in beautiful photos and he captured every special moment we hoped for. He is one of the best and we can’t recommend him enough!!!!

Sent on 06/07/2019
    Jarrod J Photo 41
    Jarrod J Photo 42

Rachel Lara · Married on 11/02/2018

Wonderful!

From the very beginning Jarrod was so kind and professional! Not only is his work AMAZING, but he is also a pleasure to work with. He always made us feel so comfortable and relaxed. I would recommend him to any and everyone who is looking for a photographer that will truly capture the spirit of your relationship!

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan Sibley · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Photographer!

I am so happy we booked Jarrod for our wedding in October 2018! The wedding photographer was one of the most important vendors to my now husband and I, as I wanted photos that we could cherish forever, and Jarrod delivered! My husband and I are not naturally comfortable in front of the camera but Jarrod is so friendly and made the whole process low stress. Jarrod has an amazing talent for capturing real moments when we are genuinely having a wonderful time at our wedding and these are the photos that I absolutely love! Jarrod is a wonderful photographer and I would give him my highest recommendation!

Sent on 02/05/2019
    Jarrod J Photo 43
    Jarrod J Photo 44
    Jarrod J Photo 45
    Jarrod J Photo 46

Lindsay Tiers · Married on 10/06/2018

Jarrod is probably the most talented photographer out there and yet he is extremely humble and down to earth. My (now) husband hired him to capture the proposal and then we used him for our engagement and wedding. I'll be honest, taking these types of intimate photos can be very awkward but they were totally comfortable with Jarrod behind the camera. We've received all of our pictures and they have turned out amazing. We will love them forever!

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Jarrod J Photo 47

Lacey · Married on 09/22/2018

The absolute best all-around photographer and person

My fiancé and I wanted to do our engagement shoot while we were visiting San Diego, and a friend of mine recommended Jarrod. We loved his work on Instagram/his website and decided to work with him - BEST DECISION EVER.

I told him I wanted "green scenery" with a beautiful backdrop. Not much to go on, but he went hiking/scouting ahead of our visit and found the most amazing spot for us to shoot. Just so perfect and it was everything I wanted and more. Our photos are insane and he had the best ideas for shots and poses for us (two incredibly awkward people). He made us feel like naturals and also brought us some local craft beer to help us loosen up a bit. Both of us had so much fun with him - even my camera-shy fiancé.

After the long afternoon of shooting and hiking, Jarrod immediately edited some of his favorites to share with us, which was such a great surprise.

Jarrod kept up with us after our engagement shoot and still sends us messages from time to time, which I think is such a great testament of the level of detail and care he gives to his clients. We wish we had flown him all the way to Georgia for our wedding!

We had the absolute best experience and would recommend him to all couples or families looking for a photographer. Such a talented photographer and just an all-around great guy to know.

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Jarrod J Photo 48
    Jarrod J Photo 49
    Jarrod J Photo 50

Grace Strode · Married on 09/15/2018

AMAZING! Unforgettable!

Jarrod was absolutely amazing! Beyond anything we could have even dreamed of! I'm staring at all my pictures as we speak. He was extremely professional, timely, and SO much fun! Would 1000% recommend to everyone! He captured the entire weekend perfectly, and I can't thank him enough!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Rick

Rick & Michelle · Married on 09/07/2018

Awesome Photographer!

We had such a great experience working with Jarrod! His photos were breathtaking and I would highly recommend him. If you want quality photos and a very flexible professional photography crew, hire Jarrod and his team! He traveled all the way to Yosemite for us and did an incredible job!

Thank you Jarrod!

Jarrod J Photo 56
    Jarrod J Photo 57

Susanna · Married on 08/18/2018

Jarrod Was Awesome

Jarrod was awesome! I'm neither photogenic or one to sit and take pictures for hours. I told him that from the get-go and he was still able to deliver some amazing photos, candid and not, from a professional perspective that me and my husband love. We didn't feel awkward, we felt comfortable and still enjoyed our day without the stiffness of a camera in our face.

Sent on 01/03/2019

Cesia Sanchez · Married on 06/29/2018

Jarrod is the man!

My husband and I are beyond thrilled with the amazing photos Jarrod took at our wedding! Booking a photographer was the first thing on our vendor list and Jarrod was the first and last photographer we met with, there was no need in looking further. He was great to work with and made us, our guests and our families feel completely at ease. The day went by so quick and honestly we couldn't even remember every detail of our wedding. But Jarrod was able to capture every detail and all the emotions of the day and every single time we look at the photos of our wedding day, we are able to feel all those emotions once again. Booking Jarrod was one of the best decision me and my husband made. Even though we live on the East coast this will not be our last time we book Jarrod.

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Jarrod J Photo 58
    Jarrod J Photo 59
  • Kyle

Kyle Heffernan · Married on 06/10/2018

Jarrod J. for the Win!

My wife and I hired Jarrod as our wedding/engagement photographer and it was hands down one of the best investments we had made. From our initial consultation to the end of our wedding night, Jarrod conducted himself with the utmost professionalism.

Jarrod is extremely creative and his work speaks for itself. He is super easy to work with, and is someone who at the the end of the day, you just enjoying having around and hanging out with. We cannot sing his praises enough.

We were completely blown away with the full galleries, especially the candid shots that he surprised us with. We went through them all again at our 1 year anniversary his work immediately brought us back to that special day.

Would HIGHLY recommend Jarrod for any type of photography...his skills go beyond just weddings and engagements! Thank you again for capturing our special day.

- Los Heffernans

Jarrod J Photo 66
    Jarrod J Photo 67
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 06/09/2018

Hands down, the most talented photographer out there.

My first experience with Jarrod was when he took my senior photos in college over 4 years ago and I’ve been watching his work online in amazement ever since. When it came time to book my wedding photographer I remembered how professional, talented, and personable he was and that I had to have him there for our wedding. I didn’t care care how much it would cost to have him travel to another state for my wedding. My wedding day was unfortunately 104 degrees which doesn’t make anyone’s job easier. He knew when to have us take breaks and cool down and worked to make sure we all stayed comfortable all day. To be honest, I look at the photos we received and I have NO idea how he got so many perfectly detailed shots when most of the time I barely noticed he was there running around capturing literally everything! My wedding photos take my breath away and I know they still will 50 years from now. People are still constantly complimenting our wedding photo. I unfortunately didn’t give much direction on what I wanted for shots because I didn’t know, which I’m sure is hard to work with, but Jarrod covered everything and knew exactly what to do. We had decided to not do a first look and I was nervous because you hear people say it’s the one quiet moment they get that day. There was a moment when we went drove up the mountain to do sunset photos with multiple people and Jarrod had my husband and I walk away and dance for some pictures. Let me tell you, he gave us our one quiet moment. It was honestly one of my favorite parts of that entire day and it was only about 1 min. My husband is not comfortable in front of the camera but you wouldn’t know that from the photos, Jarrod knew just how to guide us to make the pictures all organic looking and feeling! This guy sure knows what he is doing. We feel so fortunate that we were able to have him capture the greatest day of our lives. We can’t thank him enough!

Sent on 10/18/2018
    Jarrod J Photo 72
    Jarrod J Photo 73

Stephanie Abono · Married on 05/04/2018

High Quality Photos, Great Eye and Top Notch Service

Hiring Jarrod as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made, he was all that we expected and more. I heard about Jarrod because he took my younger sister’s senior photos and wow, those were stunning. To my surprise, my now husband, hired Jarrod with the help of my younger sister to shoot his proposal to me. Jarrod scouted the location and was great about communicating with my husband on the exact moment he planned on proposing on Laguna Beach and captured the whole thing perfectly. As we were planning our wedding it was a no brainer that we would have Jarrod as our photographer even if we had to fly him out to Arizona. We did an incredible engagement shoot up in Sedona where Jarrod once again scouted the coolest location several miles up a mountain and captured the most stunning pictures of my husband and I at the top of the red rocks just before sunset. When it came time for our wedding we were so confident in his work that we really didn’t give him much direction and boy he didn’t disappoint. He has a vision of how the poses should look, has an eye for picking beautiful back drops and an ease about him that makes you feel so comfortable being on the other end of his camera. Jarrod is always very responsive and accommodating. I couldn’t imagine having anyone else capture those special moments in our life like he did.

Sent on 02/16/2019

Katie · Married on 03/15/2018

Best photographer

Jarrod is an absolutely amazing photographer and person to work with. He made both my fiancé and I so feel comfortable and at ease during our engagement session. He was timely with getting our photos back, captured moments I didn’t think were possible and provided such a beautiful album for us. Thank you Jarrod for capturing amazing and candid shots that will last us a lifetime!

Sent on 02/15/2019
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 02/24/2018

Great Photos by a Cool Guy!

Jarrod took our engagement photos and our wedding photos. He helped us with ideas for location of engagement photos, posing, etc., and both sets came out great! Our engagement photos were from the afternoon through the evening and our wedding photos included both day and outside at night. Jarrod's photos came out perfectly even with difficult lighting. We couldn't be happier with the experience and would recommend Jarrod to anyone.

Sent on 02/10/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 11/05/2017

Best Investment

First off, this review is way overdue! My husband and I hired Jarrod and his assistant, Alex, for our wedding on January 19, 2019 located in Santa Clarita (ceremony) and Studio City (reception), California. We heard about and saw Jarrod’s phenomenal work through one of his former clients, and my husband and I were amazed with his portfolio on his website. From the very beginning, Jarrod was professional, organized, and thoughtful. We desired a photographer who had experience photographing weddings in a Catholic Church, since our ceremony was a tradition wedding mass. We also were in search of a photographer who would allow us to make installments due to our financial circumstances. Jarrod was able to fulfill both of those desires, in addition to capturing our special day so beautifully. Initially, I was hesitant about investing thousands towards wedding photography but, if I had to do it again, I would most certainly book Jarrod again in a heartbeat. My husband and I oftentimes look back at our wedding pictures and are just so grateful for how beautifully Jarrod and Alex captured the love and joy of our special day. Jarrod, you have an amazing gift. Thank you for sharing your gift with us on our special day. We will treasure our wedding photographs for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 09/03/2019
    Jarrod J Photo 74
    Jarrod J Photo 75
    Jarrod J Photo 76
    Jarrod J Photo 77
    Jarrod J Photo 78
    Jarrod J Photo 79

Kayla · Married on 11/04/2017

Jarrod was so easy to work with. Once we got our engagement photos we hired him that same day to do our wedding. I've never received as many compliments on any of my photos before. The quality of his work is outstanding and he was willing to meet with us just about anywhere. He even went out of his way to find amazing backgrounds for our pictures by climbing rocks, trees, etc just to get the perfect angle.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Chantal · Married on 10/28/2017

Jarrod is a consummate professional who makes every effort to ensure that you get beautiful shots for any occasion. He is incredibly friendly, accommodating, easy to work with, and able to capture every moment/emotion in such a natural way. His work speaks for itself: we love our photos and would happily recommend him to any and all family members and friends.

Sent on 02/03/2018

Tran · Married on 10/07/2017

We are so happy we went with Jarrod! His work is amazing and he is just an overall sincere/kind person. We wanted to do an engagement session in Yosemite and he was so accommodating. He took the time to arrive in Yosemite a few days earlier to check out the location to help us get the perfect photos. He even provided us with snacks and beer! On our wedding day he was very professional and everything went smoothly. Our pictures were amazing and there were so many to choose from. Our family was so impressed with Jarrod that my sister booked him for her wedding as well. Out of all my vendors, he was my favorite and I am so glad I got to work with him. He know feels like a friend to us!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Greg · Married on 09/16/2017

Couldn't ask for a better wedding photographer!

We had Jarrod photograph our wedding and couldn’t be happier! From the first day we spoke to Jarrod over the phone, we knew he was the person for us. He is professional, passionate, and extremely easy to work with. The quality of Jarrod’s pictures is top notch, and the way he works mirrors this. He makes sure to understand your vision, what kind of shots you like, and also provides shots that you would never have thought of. We got the full day package and Jarrod was pretty much there until the last minute, taking pictures even when most of our guests had started leaving. He followed us around and got pictures of us with most of our guests, but at the same time he was discreet and in the background so you wouldn’t even know he was there. We are extremely happy with how the pictures turned out. Jarrod captured the day beautifully and now we’ll be able to remember it forever. Jarrod is an awesome photographer, we highly recommend him!

Sent on 02/21/2019
    Jarrod J Photo 80
    Jarrod J Photo 81

Brianna · Married on 08/25/2017

Jarrod was an absolute pleasure to work with! We could not be more happy with how the photos came out and will cherish them for years to come. Jarrod photographed everything from my graduation photos to engagement photos and every time I am blown away - You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/10/2018