Jaqkis Cake Creations Reviews

61 | Valley Village, CA

61 Reviews for Jaqkis Cake Creations

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/08/2018

Our wedding cake from Jaqki’s Cakes was really quite delicious! She does every flavor really well which is outstanding given the variety that she offers. We had a lot of guests request seconds! She was so sweet to work with and was very flexible on design, flavor combos and was even very helpful in our making a decision on the final cake topper. She and her team are worth a try!

Mia · Married on 10/22/2017

Jaqki made the best cake it was delicious and visually stunning. Everyone loved the cake and was even asking me where did you get that cake?

Dana · Married on 10/07/2017

Working with Jaqki was amazing. Our tasting and cake design meeting was fun and she had the expertise we needed. Our cake at the reception was perfect and soo yummy!!! Thank you Jaqki!

Krystal · Married on 11/06/2016

Jaqui's makes the tastiest, smoothest, richest cakes ever! Loved how her cake was just perfect... not too sweet either! She has unique flavors and is such a great cake designer. We preserved a part of our cake (as tradition) and can't wait to taste our wedding cake once again on our 1st anniversary!!! Thank you Jaqui for being our cake vendor...Recommended!!!

Jessica · Married on 07/02/2016

We went to Jaqki with a picture of an art deco cake and she pulled out an almost identical picture of a cake she recently made! I was absolutely thrilled with the design and the taste. She was also very accommodating - even letting a family friend pick up the cake the day of the wedding. She made a gorgeous art deco cake and it looked great in photos. We would definitely recommend her!

Rose · Married on 05/07/2016

Jaqki's Cake Creations makes beautiful AND delicious wedding cakes. Her cake is the best; it's super moist and delicious. My fiance & I tried about 5 bakeries, and Jaqki was the best overall with price & quality...and her cakes were so moist (especially the yellow cake)! Yum yum yummmmm!!! We loved the wedding cake Jaqki & her crew made for us! She's friendly, communicates well (up front about pricing/deadlines, forms of payment, etc.) easy to talk with, and you can tell she loves food from the fun food adventures she'll share with you (a notable one was that she went on a spontaneous -same day- road trip to NorCal just to try the well-hyped burger place "Squeeze Inn"). Jaqki will call you back within one day - which is great! Note: she does not correspond via email which I understand. I very much liked that she was easily able to sketch our ideal cake to ensure we were on the same page. Other things I liked: lots of cake photo albums, she's done cakes for tv episodes of numerous tv shows such as Friends, & a plethora of display cakes are all around her small shop. Finally, if you're a peanut butter dessert fan then you MUST try her peanut butter custard. She pairs it with chocolate cake, and it's incredible!! Jaqki also has a cake combo where she pours actual rum onto the cake ---you need to try that too! Jaqki you're awesome!

Chiappe · Married on 12/31/2015

Jaqkis wedding cakes are the best. She is fast and inexpensive. I'm very happy that they people at the Castaway recommended her to me. When I have another event I am coming back to you.

Lilia · Married on 05/23/2015

We got out cake through our wedding venue they provided two locations but we immediately decided to go with Jaqkis. We made an appointment we got to choose 3 different flavors for our cake all flavors we tried were delicious. Wedding day was 5/23 a week before we took her our cake topper and ribbon we chose to put as decoration. We had cake up to 3 days after our wedding it was just delicious. I'm so happy we found a baker near us that has great quality and service we can use for other occasions.

My wedding cake was beautiful! right to the point I wanted it very simple and elegant. Jaqki delivered. Very easy to work with. Our cake had 2 different flavors which I thought was great since both my husband and I could each pick our favorite flavor.

Jaqki did a fabulous job our our wedding cake. It looked beautiful and tasted amazing! Thank you so much for the awesome cake...We all LOVED it! :)

Lora · Married on 04/05/2014

After visiting two cake vendors for tastings, Jaqki's Cake Creations reminded me that wedding cake could actually taste good. Or in Jaqki's case, amazing. Her shop is in a bit of an industrial area, but don't let that deter you. Once we found Jaqki, the wedding cake became the easiest part of the wedding planning. We went with two different layers. Bottom layer was marble with two Bavarian cream fillings (chocolate AND vanilla). Together, it all melded into a to-die-for eclair flavor. The top layer was lemon with a lemon Bavarian cream - a close second to the marble. We got rave reviews from our guests for both. And we loved them too, of course!

Our venue package included the cost of our cake, so I don't know how much the cake actually cost. However, whatever it cost separate from our package would have been worth every penny - so I gave the Value category a 5 out of 5 as well.

Hope this helps!
    Newlyweds, Lora & Bill

robert · Married on 01/20/2014

Jaqki's cakes are far superior to other cakes made by larger companies that don't really care about their customers. Her cakes look good and taste just as good. Jaqki also has prices that very reasonable. Thank you for making my Mom's birthday party a pleasant experience.

--Robert V

• I

Ian · Married on 01/04/2014

I can't say enough good things about Jaqki. From the tasting through to the cake cutting on our big day my wife and I were happy to have such a personal and professional baker on our side!

The cake tasted delicious and it's all we can do not to eat the last anniversary slice in our freezer...

Even though we were on a budget, we were treated to the same level of care and consideration that any client could expect. From a tasty cake to a punctual delivery at our venue, we were in good hands and will definitely recommend Jaqki's Cake Creations to anyone that will listen!!

thanks again,

-Ian and Suki

Kari · Married on 10/26/2013

She is awesome, the cake was beautiful and amazingly delicious. I had people telling me it was the best cake they have ever tasted, and I would agree!

jenny · Married on 10/06/2013

My cake turned out exactly how I wanted it. It was 5 tiers, 5 layers, and although it wasn't fondant because it would cost extra, the buttercream icing details were perfect! I don't know how to add the picture here, but contact me if you want to see it and I'll send it to you.

Stacy · Married on 07/27/2013

Delicious and amazing! It tasted great at the tasting but somehow tasted more amazing at the wedding! Jaqki was great!!

Natalie · Married on 03/09/2013

I used Jaqki's cakes for my wedding cake. She was so delightful to work with! My husband and I were able to make an apt and try different flavors. After presenting a picture of a cake I fell in love with that I wanted duplicated, turned out she was the original baker of the cake! Not long after my wedding, I already have 2 friends wanting Jaqki's information! Book her for your wedding! you won't be disappointed!!!

Jennifer · Married on 07/20/2012

Everyone from my wedding, including my husband, is still raving about the cake. We created our own 3-tier cake stand (a tree stand made from driftwood that we saw in one of Jaqki's books) and Jaqki made it work for us beautifully. If I could insert a photo, I would. Jaqki's cakes are not buttercream or whipped cream - they are a mixture between the two and are phenomenal. We got married on a very hot day (98*) and the cake did not melt or anything - everything was perfect. The cake was moist and the flavor was beyond my expectations. I can't wait to have her make my cakes for parties to come. We met with several other bakers before choosing Jaqki and hired her on the spot - she knows her stuff!!! I highly recommend her. Just go for a tasting and you will be hooked!!!

Katrina · Married on 04/01/2012

My husband and I were married at the beautiful Kyoto Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles April 1st, and found Jaqki's Cakes as a referral from our photographer, Eugene Photography. The owner, Jaqki, was extremely helpful and friendly and her prices were right in our comfort zone so I made an appointment to go to her store. When I got there, the cakes she had on display were beautiful, and the piece of cake she gave me to sample was delicious!! So we booked her for our wedding and we are so glad we did!! Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful!! She nailed my vision right on the head!! She was very professional from start to finish, and our cake was not only a work of art (additional thanks to the gorgeous flowers added to it by Flowers By Dan), but it was so good our guests went back for seconds!! I highly recommend Jaqki's Cake Creations for your wedding or any other party you may need a cake for!!

Hope · Married on 03/18/2012

Jacqki's cake was not only beautiful, it was also delicious! It was easy to work with Jaqki. My husband and I chose our wedding cake early on in our wedding planning. A couple of months later, I changed my mind on the cake and wanted a simpler one. I made another appointment with Jaqki. She gave us another taste of her scrumptious cake. We ended up with an elegant cake that tasted yummy.

Veronica · Married on 02/19/2012

Great cake! My guests commented on how good the cake was. We had marble swirl with some filling. So yummy! Cake was beautiful, delivered on time and it tasted really good. I went in for a tasting and she was very helpful in suggestion flavors and cake design. She has so much to choose from! I highly recommend using Jaqkis Cake Creations!! I'll be using her again in the future whenever I need a cake!

Addar · Married on 10/11/2011

We went to Jaqki's a month before our wedding and she met with us herself. She gave us options for our cake and made suggestions. She was very warm and it was so hard to choose a cake because all the ones we tried were all good! At our reception, everyone loved our cake. Not only did it look good, it tasted good as well. =)

Ruby · Married on 09/30/2011

My husband and I were so excited to see our wedding and grooms cake!! It was beautiful! We had a 49er jersey grooms cake that looked perfect! My husband was so excited! It looked just like the real jersey! Not to mention the cake was delicious! I had so many compliments on the flavor of cake. We had Marble/bavarian and banana/bavarian.

Erika · Married on 06/11/2011

Jaqki was a pleasure to work with. My wedding cake was exactly how I envisioned it. I wanted it to be spectacular and she made it happen. It was 5 layers with spacing in between each layer for fresh flowers. I also requested a cake stand to make it look even taller. The cake was covered entirely in fondant and I also asked her to place ribbon along the bottom of each layer to match my wedding color. We selected two different flavors. My husband selected yellow cake with fresh strawberries and I chose chocolate with raspberry filling. She even offered to make our top tier with both flavors so that on our one year anniversary we would both have our favorite flavor. So sweet! Thank you Jaqki for bringing my vision to life! Our wedding cake was amazing!

Todd · Married on 01/09/2011

Our cake was beautiful and delicious. Jaquki's Cake Creations are wonderful!