Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning Reviews

29 | Worcester, MA

29 Reviews for Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning

melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

Jan does beautiful work and exactly what I asked for and more, extremely easy to work with, responded to all my emails within half an hour.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much, Melissa! I loved working on your very special piece, and working with you! I would love to see photos when you have them! :)

Jennifer · Married on 07/16/2017

Incredibly talented and outstanding work product!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Working on your wedding from beginning to end was one of the highlights of my year! Thank you for letting me be a part of it!

Cathy · Married on 10/29/2016

Jan was absolutely wonderful! She was so accommodating and patient with us throughout our entire wedding process. Her calligraphy was beautiful on our escort cards and our poem. She is also very personable and was genuinely excited about our wedding. I would recommend her for calligraphy services anytime and look forward to using her again for other special events!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thanks so much for that wonderful review, Cathy! I really enjoyed helping you pull your escort-card concept together and working with you. Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Jane · Married on 08/27/2016

Jan is great to work with . She has novel ideas and goes out of her way to help implement them . She is easy to communicate with and responds quickly to all requests. Her calligraphy is very special and she is a perfectionist .
    I highly recommend her . I will certainly use her services again if I have the occasion .

Sent on 08/19/2016

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you, Jane! I appreciate your comments so much! :)

Hilary · Married on 06/25/2016

Jan did a wonderful job working with my mother in law for the rehearsal dinner items for our wedding. The sail she created for our seating chart was spectacular!!! She could not have been more kind, accommodating, patient and helpful. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review, Hilary! Designing the sail was one of the highlights of my career, and I am so happy that you were so pleased with it!

Diane · Married on 06/24/2016

Jan was SO easy to work with. Jan did the calligraphy for my son's wedding rehearsal dinner - menu cards, place cards, table names . She was willing to step outside the box and tackle a sail for the escort seating chart! Any questions were responded to within hours! She was timely, creative, flexible, knowledgeable and a good editor for all the details. I would HIGHLY recommend Jan - she is the BEST!!!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thanks so much, Diane! I will never forget my first sail seating chart! I'm so happy it came out so well. :)

Makenzie · Married on 04/23/2016

We used Jan for calligraphy on our wedding invitations. I have yet to find a vendor who is as devoted to a client's event. She was more accommodating than I could have imagined. Even though she did not make a single mistake, she very kindly corrected mistakes I had made and did last minute additions in the quick amount of time that I needed. She even learned to match the font on our invitations with very short notice. While willing to do whatever you would request, she also had helpful opinions if you needed them. I would recommend her to anyone looking for event planning, calligraphy, or invitation assistance.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for that wonderful review, Makenzie! You were a pleasure to work with. It's always so nice when a client is as organized and informed as you were. I would be delighted to work with you again any time. Thanks a million!

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2015

Only a couple of weeks before the wedding I was scrambling around to find somebody to do calligraphy for our reception menus that were being used as individual menus/place-cards. I didn't think we were going to be able to find someone that late notice but Jan was recommended to us by our wedding coordinator. My mother and I contacted Jan and I felt immediately felt at ease. Jan assured me that she could get the menus done and even suggested a really great idea for a seating chart. I was able to send the menus to her to individualize and the seating information and she took care of all the rest. She was so easy to work with, calming, and professional. When I got the menus back, I was astounded with how great they looked. They were absolutely beautiful. Jan sent the seating chart straight to my florist, who was putting it together. That came out wonderful as well. The menus and seating chart were the perfect details to bring everything together, and everyone said how neat they were. My husband, parents, and I were very very happy with the work Jan did.

Sent on 12/21/2015

Jan is amazing to work with! Her attention to detail, her responsiveness, her thoughtfulness, timeliness -- I can't say enough!! She saved me money, while giving me great ideas! Helped me with place cards, invitations, gift bags, all of the paper items that go along with a wedding! Can't wait to work with her again! She cleaned up my guest list so beautifully, I am still amazed at the time she took! She was fast and such a pleasure to work with, I miss her and can't wait to work with her again!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you SO much! I loved every minute of our collaboration and can't wait to work with you again, too! :)

We used Jan’s calligraphy services for invitations and save the dates for our wedding held at the Providence Public Library in Providence, RI. She offered much guidance and patience when answering our questions, particularly in light of my indecisiveness with many details. My emails and phone calls were always answered with the utmost professionalism and insight. We heard such great things from our guests about how they loved the uniqueness of our save the dates and invitations. I would highly recommend Jan!

Sent on 03/29/2015

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thanks so much, Bridget and Adam! I loved seeing the pictures from the wedding and how it all came together. You were great to work with and I wish you all the happiness in the world.

Cecily · Married on 07/11/2014

Jan provided much appreciated guidance and support, along with her excellent event planning skills, during every stage of planning for my July 2014 wedding. From the invitation selection process and her skillful calligraphy talents, to her unparalleled knowledge of all etiquette formalities, to her creative solutions for event venue and timeline conundrums, Jan was an exemplary professional every step of the way. She listened to me and my fiancé during the entire planning process, and she made sure that our vision for our special day was upheld--the result was a very smooth, well-run event that I confidently left in her capable hands. I wish we could do it all over again! I wholeheartedly recommend her very special talents!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, Cecily! It was a true pleasure working with you and Tom to make your big day happen just the way you envisioned it. I loved the Crane letterpress invitations we designed, whose fern motifs we carried over to your thank-you notes and calligraphed programs, and all of your fabulous ideas for your reception were so much fun to work with! Congratulations to one of my favorite couples (and Honey, the sweetest cocker spaniel ever!)!

Amanda · Married on 07/05/2014

I had not seriously considered hiring a calligrapher for our wedding until my stepmother suggested it. Even then, I was skeptical and couldn't imagine the outcome to be "that good". Jan was "that good" and more. She was incredibly meticulous when addressing our envelopes and double and triple checked her work with me. She was patient when I had to ask my parents friends what their addresses were and even used white pages to ensure the address was correct. Beyond her incredible attention to detail, Jan's work was stunningly gorgeous. I received numerous complements on both the envelopes and place cards. The price for her work was completely reasonable and she was easy and pleasant to work with!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you very much, Amanda! I am so glad that you were so happy with everything. You were incredibly responsive to all of my questions, and I really appreciated that. Don't forget to send me some pictures! :)

Ros · Married on 07/05/2014

Jan was a pleasure to work with. She was the best vendor that I worked with during the entire wedding process. I first learned about Jan when she received rave reviews from a local Crane and Company/Papyrus where I ordered my wedding invitations. For my wedding, I was looking for someone to do calligraphy on invitations and place cards. I also wanted custom wedding programs. When I met with Jan, I could tell right away that she was classy, organized, prompt, and experienced. Jan took calligraphy services to a whole other level by confirming guest addresses and editing salutations based on proper etiquette. In addition, her calligraphy is gorgeous. I would recommend Jan with no hesitation and plan to use her services in the future.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for that wonderful review, Ros! I'm so happy that everything turned out just the way you wanted it to. I enjoyed working with you!

Anne · Married on 06/28/2014

Jan Garver of Janscript did the calligraphy for my son's destination wedding. She added some incredibly beautiful touches to make the event special, from addressing the invitation envelopes in matching sage green ink to hand printing a "thank you" card for the dinner place setting in Italian as well as English. She even hand painted a wooden direction sign for the road. She never made me feel I was asking too much of her -- she assured me she likes unusual challenges. And she is super easy and fun to work with. Communicating with her by email was a breeze and her turnaround time was quick. Janscript will add a classy and personal touch to your special day.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you, Anne! I had a great time working on the unique aspects of Ilaria and Mike's wedding. Painting table numbers on the birch rounds and lettering the big wooden signs were two things I'd never done! I can tell from the wonderful pictures you sent that the whole day was perfect, and I was happy to be a part of it.

Nancy · Married on 06/07/2014

Jan was an outstanding resource in planning my daughter's wedding. She helped so much with things above and beyond the calligraphy! I appreciated her experience and suggestions. It was a comfort to have her assistance. Her calligraphy work is excellent. She was highly reliable, a great communicator and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 08/05/2014

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Nancy, it was a pleasure collaborating with you and Tara. Thank you so much for these lovely words.

Tara · Married on 06/07/2014

Jan was INCREDIBLE! Not only was her calligraphy BEAUTIFUL (she did our invitations, table names, and name cards), but she knew so much about the proper etiquette with names, addresses, etc. She was seriously a lifesaver -- we LOVED her and cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Tara, thank you so much! Working with you and your mom was definitely one of the highlights of this wedding season for me. I'm so excited to see pictures!

Bess · Married on 06/07/2014

Beautiful calligraphy and 100% professional. Thanks for all of the beautiful work!!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Much appreciated, Bess! I enjoyed working on your envelopes and hope that the wedding was perfect. Thank you!

Lura · Married on 10/12/2013

Jan of Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning did it all, and did it all beyond expectations!
    From helping to plan and coordinate the final details, calligraphy and address etiquette, last minute preparations, running interference, to day-of coordination. You can even throw in grandma wrangling. She did it all, and all without the batting of an eye.
    My words cannot, and will not be able to, do this vendor justice. Please know that if you choose to work with Jan, you will be more than thrilled. You want Jan on your team for your big day and for all those needs leading up to it!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Lura, thank you so much for those beautiful words. I had the best time working with you and Jeanette to make your big day just right. It didn't feel like work at all! I loved helping to create the look and tone that you both wanted. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it!

Laura & Tim · Married on 09/21/2013

I feel so lucky that Papyrus recommended Janscript. It was such a pleasure working with Jan. She addressed invitations and place cards for my September wedding. Not only is she kind, patient, and professional, but her calligraphy is stunning! She offers many beautiful styles. I liked so many, I had a hard time choosing which to use so she recommended one that complimented the font on our invitation. It came out wonderful, far exceeding my expectations. She also custom matched the ink for us. Her attention to detail and expertise on all things etiquette were much appreciated. From double checking my guest list addresses to alphabetizing the place cards, Jan's service is by far the best! I would absolutely recommend her and will use her again in the future.

Sent on 12/26/2013

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you, Laura! You were fabulous to work with, and I was so happy to be able to help in my small way to make your special day one even more special!

Chissie · Married on 09/14/2013

Working with Jan was an absolute delight! Amidst the craziness of wedding planning she was organized, responsive, and helpful. She knows every etiquette rule in the book and is willing to make any and all last minute changes.

Most importantly, though, her work was absolutely beautiful! She customized a color to match our invitations that we used throughout the wedding. We received so many comments on how perfect the invitations, escort cards and table signs came out. I can not recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much, Chrissie! I loved working with you from beginning to end.

Leslie and Bob · Married on 08/31/2013

We would absolutely recommend Janscript for all calligraphy services. Jan went above and beyond for our wedding invitations and reception place cards. She went over every detail with great care and offered so many valueable suggestions along the way. Her calligraphy is stunning and creative. Over and over our guests remarked that they had never seen a more beautiful and elegant invitation. She met every deadline easily even when we changed our minds about a few things. She was wonderful to work with. We have recommended her to everyone we know & would never consider using anyone else's calligraphy services. Her calligraphy set the tone for an amazing wedding day.

Sent on 12/21/2013

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you for the beautiful review! I so enjoyed working with you two, and my only regret is that we never got to meet! You are a very special couple to me, and I hope our paths will cross again soon! Thank you again.

• Christina

Christina · Married on 08/24/2013

Janscripts hand wrote in script font on mirrors for the table names for our wedding. We were in a bind and contacted Jane less than a week before our wedding and she was able to write on 31 mirrors within the time frame we needed. She was extremely reliable and had great prices. She was great to work with and we would recommend her to anyone. Her work was professional and her suggestions were perfect. We can not say enough about her service! The prices were beyond reasonable!

Sent on 12/25/2013

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Christina, I absolutely loved the new challenge of lettering on mirrors for your wedding. I was so happy to be able to do them for you, and I had a great time figuring out the best way to do what you wanted. I'm thrilled that what I came up with was what you were looking for. Thank you so much!

Jan from JanScript designed my invitations, menus, and escort cards. She had excellent suggestions and designed beautiful pieces! Jan was very easy to work with and extremely responsive. We loved everything she made for us!! Thank you!

Sent on 10/25/2013

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Laura, it was a pleasure working with you and Adam to create the perfect components for your paper trousseau. I loved designing your Crane invitations and matching vellum inserts; addressing your envelopes with matching ink; and lettering your escort cards on the perfectly matched stock you found; and Paul and I loved working together to create the exact programs and menus that you wanted. I really enjoy being able to go from start to finish with a wedding, and when the clients are as easy and wonderful to work with as you were, it makes my job a true labor of love.

Christie · Married on 08/25/2012

My Wedding day would not have been PERFECT without Janscript. She had so many great ideas and thought of all the little things that I would never have thought of. She was so organized and on top of everything. My wedding went off without a hitch!

Sent on 09/04/2012

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Thanks, Christie! Being your calligrapher and wedding coordinator was one of the highlights of my year. You and your mother were so wonderful to work with. I loved your ideas for the look of the day, and I had a great time finding ways to pull it all together. And thanks to you, I can now add making a table-card display out of hay bales to my resume! It was indeed a perfect day. I'm so happy for you and Josh!

J · Married on 08/23/2008

Jan provided Indispensable service during a time that should be very stressful for most people. We hired her for calligraphy and she ended up doing so much more than that for us! She helped with last minute errands, and was always available for my panic stricken phone calls no matter what time they may be. I would highly recommend Jan for all your wedding needs- big or small! SHE CAN DO IT ALL!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Janscript Elegant Calligraphy & Event Planning's reply:

Your wedding is still one of my favorite memories, Jess! I had so much fun coming up with the idea for and creating your table-card display (as you know, I use pictures of it in most of my ads!), and being able to help take some of the pressure off of you was my pleasure. Thank you for the lovely review. :)