36 Reviews for Janet Moriarty, JP

Customized Vows (10)
No Denomination (7)
Rehearsal (4)
36 Janet Moriarty, JP Reviews

Janet performed a beautiful wedding ceremony for us. We choose vows from several that Janet had prepared, and people have commented on how lovely they were. I was initially a bit nervous, but as I came to stand in front, Janet gave me a moment to catch my breath and a reassuring smile calmed my nerves. It was very much appreciated and the ceremony went perfectly.

Profile Picture Beth, 7/1/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Janet was an integral part of an excellent wedding experience. She is professional, reliable, well spoken and supportive through the whole pre-wedding, wedding and post-wedding process. I do not hesitate to recommend Janet Moriarty JP to provide the same experience for others.

Profile Picture Michael, 7/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janet was absolutely wonderful to work with. She emailed multiple options for the ceremony to make sure we had just the right wording for the two of us, and was very quick to make any changes or offer advice.

Profile Picture Kristi, 6/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janet was our first choice of JP from our venue, Flag Hill Winery's, preferred vendor list. After reading her short bio, we decided to contact her and meet to discuss how we wanted our ceremony to flow. Janet was consistently punctual with e-mails, and was readily available to discuss the intricacies of the ceremony. After meeting her, we knew she was the one who should marry us! In the months leading up to the wedding, Janet kept in touch and sent us helpful outlines from ceremonies she had done in the past. She allowed us to completely customize our day, and shared excellent advice on what had and hadn't worked in her experience. On our wedding day, Janet was on-time, prepared, and smiling with her husband. We absolutely loved our ceremony, and were so happy to have Janet as a part of our day!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janet was very accommodating when we were trying to find a location to meet for the first time. Also she already has prepared vows that you can choose from which I found extremely helpful. Janet made the process of picking an officiant for our wedding very easy as she was very nice and easy to talk to. She always answered my questions quickly and in a thoughtful manner. During our wedding ceremony I started crying, which I did not expect at all but my fiance had started to tear up and that started the waterworks for me. Janet was very nice and paused the ceremony so I could compose myself. Also her husband took photos of our wedding and posted a video online of it to music. I was not expecting that at all and was very pleased with the results. Janet was a wonderful officiant. I cannot recommend her highly enough. Anything I say seems inadequate to do her justice.

Profile Picture Christina, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janet was great to work with when planning our wedding ceremony. We're glad we picked her to be part of our special day!

Profile Picture Jason, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We loved Janet! She was the perfect fit for my husband and I on our wedding day. Professional yet made us feel comfortable and at ease!

Profile Picture Sierra, 9/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janet was very friendly and professional during all of our wedding planning. She was quick to respond to any of our questions and took any stress out of this portion of our wedding plans. Janet was flexible in planning and was available to meet with us a few weeks prior to the wedding and also was present for the rehearsal. The ceremony went as planned and it was the perfect length.

Profile Picture Allison, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Janet was so great to work with during the wedding planning process. We met via Skype to discuss what we wanted for our wedding ceremony. Janet was so flexible when there were a few things I wanted added to our ceremony. Janet made the whole process very easy and was always available for when we had any questions. She put as at ease and delivered a ceremony that we loved. We will remember our ceremony forever and felt so lucky to have worked with Janet to make our special so memorable.

Profile Picture Lily, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janet was very friendly and quick to respond to any questions or concerns leading up to the wedding. On the day off, she was a great addition to our ceremony and celebration. Thanks!! :)

Profile Picture Jenna, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Janet was so helpful throughout the planning process. She provided us the ceremony template that she typically uses and was open to us making some changes to fit our personality. We asked her last minute to come to the rehearsal and she was more than accommodating, arriving early and putting all of us at ease as we walked through the ceremony. Janet performed a beautiful ceremony on the day of and her son, Brian, took some amazing photos. We were so surprised when Janet sent us a video of all the photos set to music. Such a thoughtful and wonderful thing to do! We definitely recommend Janet!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/26/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Janet was amazing. She traveled up to the white mountains to officiate our wedding, which ended up being outdoors in the pouring rain. Despite the rain, she was positive and professional, and performed a ceremony none of us will ever forget. Thank you, Janet!

Profile Picture Jamie, 8/5/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Non-religious

Janet was perfect! Working from 800 miles away, she made it easy. Our ceremony was exactly what we hoped for and more, thanks to Janet :)

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Janet was wonderful to work with and helped to make our elopement very personal. She gave us guidance on our vows but was very flexible when we provided some of our own. She was more than willing to stand with us in the rain oceanside on our wedding day, her husband took wonderful pictures, and she even baked some wedding cookies for us. :) We highly recommend Janet as an officiant!

Profile Picture Tara, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows

Janet was great! She was very flexible with our schedule and allowed us to FaceTime with her for our initial meeting. She was flexible with our vows and allowed us to customize them to our liking. She also allowed us to incorporate the wine ceremony and a couple of readings. The wedding pictures that her husband took was a pleasant surprise and we share the youtube video with friends all the time! Thank you Janet for making our day very special!

Profile Picture Otuko, 4/29/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows

My husband, Derreck and I decided to elope last minute. I found Janet as my first choice and she responded right away and was there from the start. She made time to see us before our wedding day, we were even late by 30 minutes and she still took the time to see us. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. I was nervous about getting married but she made it simple and easy for me. For the day of she was early and had her son take pictures for us that she later put in a video. We loved her services and hope she will be able to do our renewal for our family in July. Highly recommend Janet for your big day!
-Lusia Blaise

Profile Picture Derreck, 11/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janet is extremely easy to work with, and especially if you cannot physically meet in person before the ceremony (we live in California and therefore needed to make all arrangements over Skype). Janet helped us shape our ceremony to be exactly what we wanted, and went through several iterations of the document to get it perfect. She was upfront with costs, reasonably priced, punctual and professional; everything you want and need from a Justice of the Peace.

On the day, Janet was joined by her husband. He ended up taking a number of photographs, which Janet ultimately turned into a video slideshow for us. We understand that this is not normal practice, but we appreciated the gesture nonetheless. Janet also made an effort to introduce herself to the parents and family, which was a big plus for us.

All around a great experience. Wholeheartedly recommend!

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

At less than a week before the wedding, we weren't sure we would be able to find a justice of the peace on such short notice. Janet and she saved the day. She was amazing, made herself available and went out of her way to show up early and come to our house to preform the ceremony. We had a few late arrivals and she patiently awaited for our guests to get here. She provided such a beautiful words to marry us and perfectly described the love we feel for each other. I would recommend Janet to every couple ready to share their lives together. Not only is she professional, caring, considerate, and accommodating, but she is down to earth and understands the emotions and stress people go through during a wedding and offers any help she can provide. Even after the fact she remained in touch and made us a slide show of pictures she captured of the ceremony. Thank you so much Janet for everything you've done for us to make it such a special day.

Profile Picture Kim, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janet was absolutely amazing. She made the whole process simple and easy to understand. The garden was gorgeous and made my wedding perfect. It was great for a romantic setting. Janet made sure we had the best experience possible. She made us a beautiful bouquet and a slide show of the pictures of our wedding. My husband and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone who wants a simple and beautiful wedding.

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janet was wonderful! She was professional and wanted to make sure our wedding was uniquely ours. She helped us select readings for the ceremony and she was open to trying something new as we wanted to incorporate a wine box ceremony into our wedding. She quickly researched the ceremony and promptly returned with several options for us. I would recommend using Janet in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture User7073889, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Janet was absolutely wonderful to work with while planning our wedding ceremony. We wanted something simple, but unique, that fit our personalities and she made it perfect. Thank you Janet!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I thought Janet was very professional, though friendly and easily approachable. She was willing to work with us on the ceremony, location and time so we felt very comfortable with her. I would have no hesitation referring others to her.

Profile Picture Frank, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination, Non-religious

Janet was fabulous! She did a great job with our ceremony and was very responsive and helpful with planning along the way.

Profile Picture Serena, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Rehearsal, Non-religious, No Denomination

Janet went above and beyond to help us at our wedding. Janet also was the JP at my brother and sister in laws wedding also. She is available to answer any questions and guide you through the process of anyone's special day.

Profile Picture User6658186, 2+ years ago, 1 Review