Jane in the Woods Photographie Reviews

Jane in the Woods Photographie 6
Jane in the Woods Photographie 7
  • Ally

Ally · Getting married on 06/06/2020

We were flying to AZ to visit family, we both love Sedona and thought it would be the perfect place for our engagement pictures. I did some research on photographers out there and we found Jane. I literally don't have words for how great she has been through the entire process. From what to expect the day of, idea of what we should wear that photographs well, to recommendations for myself for hair and make up. She was an absolute dream to work with. I haven't even mentioned the pictures yet! OBSESSED. They are more than what we could have ever imagined and we LOVE every single one of them. I am so beyond happy that we found her!

Sent on 07/02/2018
    Jane in the Woods Photographie 8
    Jane in the Woods Photographie 9
    Jane in the Woods Photographie 10
  • Meghan

Meghan Walsh · Married on 10/11/2019

Floral, Photography & Planning - they have it all!

I was mesmerized when I first found Jane on instagram and immediately reached out to work with them for my dream Sedona wedding. I have been working with Kelsey, my wedding planner with them, and Victoria my photographer who took the most amazing engagement photos. Jane is doing my floral and I can't wait to see how it all comes together. They are an incredible team and it was the best decision I made for my wedding!

Sent on 04/17/2019
    Jane in the Woods Photographie 11
    Jane in the Woods Photographie 12
    Jane in the Woods Photographie 13

Danielle · Married on 05/19/2018

I am finally getting around to writing a review for our absolutely incredible wedding photographer, Jane! It is really hard for me to find the right words to describe the magic that Jane produces through her photos. Her creative eye is one that I love and envy - the angles, framing, the light, the special moments that she captures, it is all perfection. My husband and I did a destination wedding in Sedona, and of course were nervous about our vendors due to proximity - Jane took away all of my worries early on, and was quick to respond and answer my questions. She made us feel comfortable, and was super sociable and had a lightness about her through email, while still staying professional at the same time. Because we were doing a backyard style wedding, not at a traditional venue, it was important to us to have our vendors come out ahead of time to see the land...without hesitation, Jane came out to the property and assured us that we had picked the perfect spot and even walked the whole property with us mapping out where we would take our photos as a newly married couple right after the ceremony. She guided us through photo timing for the big day, all due to what the lighting would be at what time - basically "the sun will be setting and hitting these mountains over here around 7, so lets make sure we don't miss it!" Her advice was spot on, and a HUGE help when it came to making the wedding day schedule! On the wedding day, Jane and her assistant somehow seemed to float through the ceremony, dinner and reception. Somehow never seeming to be there, yet at the same time never missing a beat and capturing EVERYTHING. It was truly incredible to get the album and wonder how the hell they did it!? Lets just say that I am writing this review 4 months after my wedding, and still look at the photos every day. They are THAT incredible, and so is Jane. I don't think we could have had a better overall experience!!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Jane in the Woods Photographie 19
    Jane in the Woods Photographie 20
    Jane in the Woods Photographie 21

Rebecca · Married on 05/03/2018

Jane was a dream to work with as our photographer and florist! This was a travel destination wedding for us and she made everything flow seamlessly. Jane captures beauty in the ordinary things that most of us don't see so her talent is top notch. The flowers she provided for our elopement were the most beautiful shape, color and combination I've ever seen...EVER! My husband and I also truly appreciated how much direction and patience she provided us for pictures. We feel honored and lucky to have had Jane and her talent capture our special day. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Jody · Married on 04/28/2018

Jane & Hannah were beyond amazing. They were so friendly, open to all of our requests& gave great direction to make sure all of our wedding shots were as perfect as possible. My husband and I are not comfortable on camera (OK, me more than him) and they were so helpful with direction to make us feel more at ease. WORTH EVERY PENNY AND THEN SOME!!!!

We also hired Jane's company for wedding planning services. Kelsey - the lead planner is a DREAM! She made every idea I had come true. Our wedding day was beyond even our wildest expectations because of Kelsey. She pulled the day together flawlessly, executing our vision & making sure no detail went untouched. Our wedding wouldn't have been possible without her. If you are looking for a planner in Phoenix/Sedona, HIRE KELSEY!!!! You will NOT regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Katie & Kevin · Married on 04/21/2018

Jane is more than a photographer, she is a story teller. And she is as excited to tell your story through her photographs as you are to live your story out. Visions for our wedding day we didn't even know we had, she brought to life!! Jane is patient, communicative, flexible, and confident in her craft. She made us feel extremely comfortable, and the results were beyond what we could have dreamed of. Especially if you are considering Sedona as your wedding destination, we can't imagine any photographer who knows the terrain quite as well, or has the ability to use light quite the way she does. Above all else, Jane is a visionary with her aesthetic: you know one of her photos when you see it, and it's so special to now say that some of those photos are ours. We feel so fortunate to have had her photograph our wedding day, and hiring her was without a doubt the best spent part of our budget. If her social media and website have not sold you already, we hope that this review assures you: Jane in the Woods Photographie is who you want to hire.

Sent on 06/05/2018
    Jane in the Woods Photographie 28
    Jane in the Woods Photographie 29
    Jane in the Woods Photographie 30

Emily · Married on 10/08/2016

I knew Jane before she really started in the photography industry, and I watched her grow into an incredible artist. Then, I was lucky enough to have her shoot my own wedding. She is a dream. Not only is she a talented photographer, but she has an incredible eye for detail, and mind for organization, that helped the wedding day run that much more smoothly. If you want your photos to look like a woodland forest fairytale come to life, Jane is your girl

Sent on 06/27/2016

Brittany · Married on 05/27/2016

When I first received a sneak-peek of our engagement photos from Jane, I nearly fell out of my chair with happiness. The quality, approach and warmth that she captured was unmatched and surpassed any of the visions I had for our photos.
    Jane is not only amazing to work with, but each picture was just as great as the previous. Not only did she deliver the photos before we had expected, the detail and editing were not compromised in the least.
    Working with Jane is an absolute pleasure. She recognized that we felt a little uncomfortable and unsure when we first starting our session, but after a while I felt like we could be pros! She's just that good! If I could give her more than five stars, I would without hesitation.
    One of the most refreshing aspects about Jane is that she is so in tune with the nature that surrounds her that the subjects of her work really melt into the scenery. I wanted to make sure our photos didn't look too "stocky" or "poised" when we started. Simply put, Jane would never allow it. I was amazed at how natural and breathtaking she can make two people look in areas you would never dream would work.
    I love Jane's work. I love her professionalism and I love her visions. Trust Jane to do your pictures because these are moments that you want to surpass time. She captures you in the best moments because she cares about her work and she understands what her clients want.
    Don't look anywhere else. Contact Jane and I promise you won't regret it. I wish I could have five weddings (with the same guy of course! haha) and Jane would be at every. single. one!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Holly · Married on 05/14/2016

I absolutely cannot say enough wonderful things about Jane and the photos she took for our May 2016 wedding in Sedona and our October 2015 engagement photos. When we first reached out to Jane, we were hesitant to do engagement photos because we felt like we might be uncomfortable in front of the camera. Our engagement session was so awesome and comfortable, we barely even felt like we were being photographed. Not only that, Jane captured some seriously incredible moments that surpassed all of our expectations for what engagement photos could be! Our engagement session also helped us to be totally comfortable in front of the camera on our wedding day. Our wedding day photos again exceeded all of our expectations – seriously, the only word to describe our wedding day photos is MAGIC. The designer of my wedding dress even posted one of our photos online! Jane and Jayde (our second photographer) truly captured our love, happiness, and the intimacy of our small wedding, and Jane was super flexible in getting all of the shots we had in mind. Jane went above and beyond to make our day perfect for us. When my flowers didn't turn out quite how I wanted, Jane took the time to get extra greenery and re-work my bouquet to be EXACTLY what I had wanted. Her demeanor was so calm and tranquil, I actually think that her presence helped to reduce some of the (normal) stress of the day that we had expected. I can't say it enough, she is magic! We are so, so, over-the-moon happy with our experience with Jane from start to finish. Of all the vendors we worked with for our wedding, we 100% feel that Jane in the Woods was our best investment. I can’t recommend her (and her team) enough! We will definitely be using Jane as our “family photographer” for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 07/04/2016

Jennifer · Married on 04/30/2016

Jane has been the greatest joy of our engagement so far. She went above and beyond my expectations with our engagement photos. She is extremely creative and can spot a good shot from a mile away, as well as give outstanding direction on posing, etc, but she also listens to her clients and does whatever she can to please them. She's also just a totally rad person.

The variety of shots we got once she was done editing our shoot blew my mind. We had so many amazing ones that it was hard to choose what to put on our site. So I just printed the rest :) Her style is romantic and ethereal with a big emphasis on nature, but she branched out and took some really cool, more graphic shots for our shoot in which she played with shadows and the textures of our brick building venue as well. I can't recommend Jane in the Woods Photographie enough!

Sent on 09/09/2015

I can't say enough wonderful things about Jane. She was so flexible and made our wedding day spectacular! The way she takes her photos are unique and exactly what we were looking for. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our love on our wedding day! She incorporated my pregnant belly in an artistic way and our pictures turned out absolutely PERFECT! Although we weren't a traditional bride and groom, seeing as I was 6 months pregnant on our wedding day, she made me feel comfortable and our wedding in Sedona was exactly what I pictured in my mind. USE JANE! <3

Sent on 05/03/2016

Rob · Married on 10/18/2015

Jane is a true professional and her photos are great. If you're planning a wedding--trust me--the last thing you want is to worry about photos on your wedding day. Hire Jane and relax, knowing that one of the most important days of your life will be captured beautifully.

Sent on 11/15/2017
    Jane in the Woods Photographie 31

Susie · Married on 07/25/2015

Melissa was fabulous to work with! She was very responsive and easy to communicate with. She was flexible with timing as well which was very helpful as my fiancé and I were running late!

She made us feel very comfortably during the shoot. She gave us guidance in a very nice and easy going way. We were both a bit nervous and her calm mannerism melted our nerves away!

Finally, our pictures turned out FABULOUS! She definitely listened to our vision and executed it perfectly. I have no hesitation giving her a 5 star review and would HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/30/2015

Jane was wonderful, from our first email to the wedding date and beyond. She has been extremely easy to work with and very flexible with our tight work schedules. I was worried about my significant other in front of the camera, but she made us both feel so comfortable that the engagement shoot turned out so fun and easy.

When it came to the wedding day, I knew I had nothing to worry about and was able to enjoy my day without worrying about the photos. When I received by photos online, I was blown away. Jane truly has an artistic eye and sees things differently than the typical wedding photographer. Highly recommend her if you are looking for unique and artistic wedding photographs.

Sent on 03/15/2016

Ann · Married on 05/21/2015

Melissa Jane photographed our small, intimate elopement and she was by far the best part of our wedding. (Aside from the getting married part) Our elopement was spur of the moment and we planned it in a little less than a month. And honestly the road of planning to get there was extremely stressful. But trusting Jane in the Woods to capture our day was the easiest decision I made during the whole process. She was absolutely inspiring to work with and her overall relaxed manner put me at ease the entire day. At one point her camera lens even dropped and tumbled down the rocks - and her happy, smiling face did not even flinch. I consider our session with her as an epic adventure! And our pictures completely represent us and that amazing adventure we had. She is extremely creative with each shot and the emphasis on nature is indescribable. The pictures exceeded any expectation or vision I had. And when I look back on them, I relive all those wonderful feelings I had that day - and that is truly priceless.

Sent on 02/18/2016

Elton · Married on 05/12/2015

Melissa was perfect. She even helped us find the perfect location for the ceremony and picked up flowers for us. Her husband and daughter accompanied us and they're all charming. It made us feel like we were spending this special day with a friend that really wanted everything to be perfect for us. Couldn't recommend her more highly.

Oh and also the photos were magazine quality.

Sent on 06/21/2015

Emily · Married on 04/18/2015

When I was planning my wedding I knew right away that I wanted wedding photos in the woods and I wanted a photographer who would really understand how important nature was to us. Being out in the forest was a special place for us and I felt like Jane really knew exactly how to capture that. During the wedding she was seriously the best person to have around. She knew exactly what was going on all time and took so much stress off of our entire wedding party. After the wedding we were completely blown away by how magical the photos were. I have never felt better or more beautiful. We really appreciate all she did and we cannt recommend her enough!!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Kali · Married on 09/14/2014

I cannot say enough positive things about Jane in the Woods Photographie. I remember first seeing her work at a bridal expo in Eugene, Oregon and falling in love... I knew I wanted her to photograph my wedding right then and there. Her aesthetic is the perfect mix of bohemia and realism, artful and exciting yet approachable and true to everyday beauty... perfect for capturing moments between loved ones!

My plans changed and circumstances called for a private elopement rather than a big ceremony, and I contacted Melissa pretty last minute not expecting much. Jane and the Woods had since moved from Oregon to Arizona and I was pretty sure we weren't going to be able to work out the details from so far away, on such short notice, and with my budget. To my surprise Melissa contacted me the same day with several options and planning the shoot together started immediately. It was so easy, Melissa was available to share ideas through detailed email descriptions and quick responses, even exchanging inspirations on a private pinterest board. Even better, she was able to travel to Oregon only two weeks later at an EXTREMELY reasonable rate.

Before the shoot I was so nervous about being photographed, my husband and I are both pretty camera shy. Rather than feeling like we were sharing a special moment with a random photographer, Melissa made it feel like we were spending it with a friend. Our shoot was directed and posed in a way that felt comfortable, relaxed, and true to who we are and what our relationship means to us. We were both so excited to see our photos and so happy with the results! Honestly, I can't even describe how the pictures make me feel without getting emotional! So I will just stop here, leaving Jane in the Woods Photographie HIGHLY recommended.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Katie · Married on 08/31/2014

I cannot say enough great things about Jane in the Woods Photographie. I found some of her work at Noisette Bakery in Eugene, and immediately knew we had to have her for our wedding. The pictures she had on display were artsy and natural, and sweet without looking contrived. She was extremely professional and put me at ease as we discussed the logistics of the event, and was responsive to all my questions. She was an absolute joy to work with at the wedding. Even my guests commented on how how sweet she was, and the way she managed to capture intimate moments of the wedding without intruding on the event itself. We felt extremely comfortable taking pre and post ceremony pictures with her, and she gently guided us through the whole experience. The end result was nothing short of breath taking. I feel so overwhelmed with joy when I look at our photos. She captured us, our guests and our setting perfectly, and I feel as though I'm taken back to that exact moment when I look at them. If you are having an outdoor wedding she is a must have. I highly recommend Jane in the Woods Photographie.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Sarah · Married on 08/30/2014

When I began planning our wedding I knew I had to prioritize what was really important to us. It came down to the venue and the photography. I had met Melissa before and I was immediately drawn to her style and personality. I acquainted myself with her work, which is heavily focused in nature. We had an outdoor wedding and reception in a filbert orchard, and I just knew this was her domain. Her images really spoke to me, whether that was studies of texture and space, or life's most tender moments. When it came time to decide, I spoke with her several times and it was just the perfect fit. She was speedy with responses to my questions and made me feel at ease.
    When the big day finally arrived, it was raining, like pouring actually. I was a bit of a mess, but Melissa reassured me that not only was it going to be ok, but the lighting would be excellent! And she was right. The rain let up and it was a magical evening. It was a whirlwind of a day, and I didn't remember seeing much of her. Which is why I think she was able to capture so many authentic moments, and she got everything! My husband doesn't like having is picture taken and hates being the center of attention so we needed a little direction. She made us feel natural and at ease. I can't say it enough, the photos were amazing. I actually said the words "we look like models!"
    Once I received all the photos, which was a week before the deadline, they blew me away. It documented the day so well. Because it's a wedding and I was the bride I was so caught up with the festivities that I forgot a lot of what happened. Her images brought me back to those moments that are so full of love. My whole family and all of my friends are so impressed, and I couldn't be happier.
    Melissa has been a dream to work with. I never had to stress when it came to the photos, and now I get to enjoy them forever. I hope to have her photograph for our family again.

Sent on 09/25/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2014

Melissa Jane was the best choice we could have made for our wedding photographer. We could not be happier with our photos. She really took time to get to know my husband and I and it is apparent throughout the hundreds of pictures she took that she really cared about our day. They are not cliché, cookie-cutter wedding photos, they are glowing spectacular photos of love that feel so personal. We feel so lucky. We were grinning ear to ear when we saw them for the first time.
    She was so sweet and friendly and made us feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. We couldn't imagine a better photographer to work with. I can honestly say you will not be disappointed and will be SO happy you made one of the best investments of your life.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Riley · Married on 04/26/2014

We couldn't explain how lucky we feel that Melissa Jane photographed our wedding. We never imagined that having the right photographer could add SO much to our day but she really did. She is very professional yet fun and high spirited and her unique way of directing and capturing people allows everyone to seem comfortable and photogenic even if you feel awkward. There are few photographers that can capture the essence if your day so beautifully. She makes you look so fabulous! She told our love story so well and we are absolutely blown away by the photos.

Sent on 08/03/2014

Maryn · Married on 10/20/2013

Oh my goodness! Melissa Jane of Jane in the Woods Photographie is a complete gem! My husband and I decided to do an intimate wedding with only six weeks to plan and Melissa jumped right in and was available to collaborate with us at every turn. She really heard what we were looking for and took the time to understand our wedding and our vision. And it paid off - we just got our photos and they are SO INCREDIBLE! We laughed, we cried, seeing the photos was absolutely the best journey back through the most wonderful day of our lives. You will love her - she has such a calm, creative spirit and a great eye for beauty and detail. Thanks, Melissa Jane!

Sent on 12/11/2013

We loved our wedding photos, thankful for all the special moments that were captured.

Sent on 12/08/2013

Kate · Married on 07/14/2013

I had really wanted to use Melissa Jane for our pictures. I mean really wanted to. At one point we thought she wasn't open on our day and to be frank I almost half-thought about rescheduling haha. But it worked out thank God.

She made everyone feel comfortable and made us feel totally at ease on the day of. Photos came back fast. Now we have a gorgeous album for the rest of our lives.

Totally recommended. A+