Jana Johnston Photography Reviews

Jana Johnston Photography 7
  • Jedidiah

Jedidiah Watson · Married on 06/01/2019

A Memory Captured with a Camera

In choosing a photographer for your wedding it can be a painful experience, but when we finally met Jana and her husband Braden we knew they were the right photographers for us. From the beginning they understood our vision of fun and natural. We went to Edwards Crossing at the Yuba River for our engagement session and even though they hadn't shot there before they were able to capture some amazing photos and they got to see what my wife Katie and I were all about, Love & Laughter.
    By the time the wedding came around we had established friendship with Jana and so we knew that the one thing we really didn't have to worry about was the photography. She met with my Wife and her brides maids at an offsite location to photograph them, while Braden was able to capture me and my groomsman onsite at the venue. During the wedding and reception it was a bit of a blur as it happened so fast, but because we had that confidence in Jana and Braden we could just enjoy our day naturally.
    Then with the post wedding process it was remarkable to see the photos. Jana was able to give us a sneak peak (which was breathtaking) and then she went above and beyond with trying out new online programs which we were able to share with our friends that weren't able to join us on our wedding day. Then with the final review of all of the pictures we were amazed at how much of the event that they were able to capture.
    I will definitely use Jana for any future events whether family or business.

Sent on 07/19/2019
    Jana Johnston Photography 18
    Jana Johnston Photography 19

jennifer · Married on 10/27/2018

Truly the Best!!!

Jana is exceptional and her gifts totally exceeded our expectations! Not only is she a stellar photographer, she is a brilliant artist with keen intuition. Our wedding photos were incredible--she managed to capture such genuinely precious moments in the most natural way. We will cherish these memories for a lifetime. So impressed and deeply grateful we found her. She and Braden are wonderful souls.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Lisa Drinkard · Married on 09/22/2018

Drinkard Wedding

The first time I contacted Jana, I didn’t feel the need to compare with any other photographers. She was very pleasant, caring and took interest in getting to know me. The photos turned out beautiful and every aspect of the wedding was captured. Thank you, Jana and Braden!!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Hannah · Married on 07/20/2018

Could not have asked for more. The pictures are so perfect and we love them!! Thank you SO much Jana!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Lindsey · Married on 07/07/2018

Jana and her husband are a great team. I am so very happy with the photos we received. They really captured all the special little moments of the wedding day.

Sent on 08/14/2018

Jason · Married on 06/30/2018

Excellent experience! Got a engagement/wedding package and were taken great care of with TONS of amazing photos we would have never imagined capturing!! Thank you!!

Sent on 08/04/2018
  • Belinda · Married on 12/11/2017

Jana and her husband are an amazing duo, and they made our wedding day feel even more magical than it already was. They are very responsive and attentive to our needs, requests, and pickiness. :) The entire photo/video process was so smooth and easy, I didn't have to think about it or worry about it at all. Jana and her husband are very professional, and they know how to capture all the right moments in all the right angles! My husband and I are very impressed with their level of service, as well as how quickly we received our photos and videos! We ran out of daylight, so we did not get to take as many photos of just my husband and I together outside as we had wanted.... So Jana Johnston offered a free post-session to make up for the lost daylight! I could not have asked for better service! Seriously wonderful!

Sent on 01/20/2018
    Jana Johnston Photography 27
    Jana Johnston Photography 28
    Jana Johnston Photography 29

Beth · Married on 10/14/2017

Jana was wonderful to work with from start to finish. I could not be more happier how the pictures turned out from my wedding. Jana was so patient especially on my wedding day. Very professional and organized and so sweet to work with. Thanks Jana and Braden too!

Sent on 11/12/2017
    Jana Johnston Photography 30

Stefanie · Married on 09/10/2017

I loved everything about this couple, they are fun to work with and be around, took me seriously and understood what I wanted. I would tecommend them to anyone.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Jenni · Married on 06/04/2017

I wasn't sure what I wanted for photos but Jana sat down with me and asked a few easy questions (she was so easy to talk to, friendly and outgoing) and then I just had an amazing day, she came while I was getting ready and then headed to the venue to capture my arrival all the way through the end of the reception. I can't wait for another reason to have photos taken so I can call on Jana to help us out.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Kyle · Married on 05/20/2017

It was a pleasure and honor to have Jana capture our biggest day in life. The photos came out amazing. She was very helpful, on time, and flexible in planning.

Sent on 07/02/2017

Adam · Married on 05/06/2017

Jana was a complete professional and very nice, her work is excellent and I couldn't be happier with how my photos turned out, I highly recommend her to anybody in need a photographer

Sent on 12/05/2016

Sean · Married on 04/01/2017

Jana is amazing! Very thoughtful, responsive, and detail oriented. We told her what important moments would be for us on our big day and she made sure to capture those moments. She worked well with our budget and I'm so happy we got to meet her and share our special day with her. The results are amazing!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Maggie · Married on 02/25/2017

LOVE! Great job, professional, and amazing to work with. Took a lot of stress off the day of.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Lisa · Married on 02/11/2017

Jana and Braden are amazing I wish I could give ten stars. This husband and wife team are outstanding plus they are so sweet and cute just a perfect team . First and foremost Jana and Braden listen to their clients. This Fabulous photography due are TRUE ARTIST that actually tell your story in photos. They are Talented, creative , thoughtful, sweet, funny and Absolutely the Best photographers ever. I don't know how Jana and Braden do what they do but I've never seen a photo and felt as if I was right there again in that exact moment until now. I was transported right back to the moments of when the photos were taken I could feel the same emotions I had felt that day. I could feel each photo .
    I was a nervous wreck that day and in a photo taken before gown I am standing next to a very important friend and you can feel and see that for a brief moment I just totally relaxed and the world was all good . I don't remember the photo being taken , it just amazed me that not just people but feelings and emotions are in the photos they take . I wish I had known Jana and Braden so that all the special moments , the birth of my kids and grandkids would have photos I could feel.
    Jana and Braden Thank you both from the bottom of my heart. we feel blessed to have had the best photography artists ever . I hope Jana Johnston photography will be our photographer for any special event.

Sent on 04/04/2017

Shelby · Married on 11/12/2016

Jana was amazing and so flexible with anything we wanted done. We did engagement and wedding photos and they both came out beautifully.

Sent on 12/05/2016

Candice · Married on 10/09/2016

Jana and her husband did an absolutely fantastic job on our wedding photos, all while dealing with our very laid-back, last-minute, unsure-of-what-we-wanted craziness. They took everything in stride, and produced pictures that we will cherish forever. If you're getting married in the Sacramento area, I highly recommended them!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Jackie · Married on 08/27/2016

Jana and Braden are so great for engagement and wedding photography!! My husband and I are obsessed with our wedding photos (which we received in less than a month after our wedding!). Jana was able to make a payment plan with us so we didn't have to pay everything up front. It began with our engagement photos session-Jana and Braden helped us find the perfect location in the Sacramento area for our engagement photos, they turned out amazing and we felt great! Jana took some great candid shots as well as posed shots.
    Jana kept in contact with us throughout the months and made sure we were ready for everything leading up to the wedding day.
    On wedding day Jana went to my parents house where my bridesmaids and I were getting ready and took photos of us getting ready while Braden was at the location my husband and his groomsmen were at taking photos. Jana and Braden captured every beautiful moment of our special day up until the music was over and guests were leaving! We were able to get some sneak peaks of our photos as Jana perfected them ....PLUS she created a short video of our wedding day with some amazing live feeds. We could not ask for a more amazing wedding photography experience!! GREAT PRICING WITH WHAT IS INCLUDED IN HER PACKAGES COMPARED TO OTHERS ALSO!! We will definitely be using them for future photography purposes!!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Tracy · Married on 08/13/2016

Wonderful photographer and videographer. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/15/2016

marlen · Married on 07/02/2016

Jana's work is unbelievable! We feel so belessed that she was able to capture our special day!! She was able to highlight all the special parts of our day!! Can't thank her enough!!

Sent on 07/30/2016

Both Jana and Brendan were wonderful and so professional. The photos from my wedding day came out even better than I had imagined and Jana was so helpful. She would check in with me as my wedding got closer to confirm and check dates and times which any bride knows saves so much time. Another plus to their service was that both Jana and Brendan take photos which allows them to capture getting ready of both the groom and bride and they also utilize their time to the fullest. I would recommend Jana johnston photography to any bride and anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Jenny · Married on 02/01/2016

My husband and I planned our wedding within a few days and they were there with the camera ready! I loved the way the pictures and dvd turned out...they captured every special moment of our day!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Emily · Married on 10/17/2015

Jana was awesome! Super responsive and so helpful! She is so sweet and so easy to work with!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Valerie · Married on 10/10/2015

I have cried happy happy tears at these wedding photos from Jana Johnston Photigraphy! She has captured every special moment we had during our special day. Thank you Jana we love love them so much!!

Sent on 10/14/2015

AnnMarie · Married on 06/13/2015

Jana is incredibly talented! We live out of state and hired her based off of her work. It was the best decision we made! The first time we met her was at our free engagement session at big trees state park in Arnold, California. I'm super awkward and do not typically enjoy pictures being taken of me. But she was amazing! She came prepared with a book of sketches and locations of where she wanted to take pictures. She also brought props! Jana made us both feel special and beautiful. She has such a calming effect. There was no doubt in our minds we made the perfect choice! After the session she did an amazing job of getting the pints and usb to us quickly! They also arrived in a beautiful package. Everything she does is thoughtful and perfect! And the pictures are gorgeous!! Everyone is still raving about them.

She also stopped by our venue before the wedding. She really went above and beyond to ensure she was 100% prepared to make our pictures spectacular! The day of the wedding she was professional had great ideas for pictures. We have had nothing but wonderful compliments about her and our wedding pictures!

Everyone looks beautiful in our pictures and she captured so many unexpected moments. She was stealth! I didn't even see her during the ceremony, yet she was able to get the most intimate pictures! You would be lucky to have Jana take your pictures! We can't say enough wonderful things about her. She is a special person and AMAZING photographer. We just love her!

Sent on 07/27/2015