Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design Reviews

39 | Floyds Knobs, IN

39 Reviews for Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design

39 Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design Reviews

Jana · Married on 07/16/2016

Jan is a true artist! Our friends said they had never received a more beautiful invitation. This was in part due to Jan's stunning calligraphy which really set the tone for our event. Several have asked me for her name and contact information to use in the future.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing that, Jana. It is always nice to hear how much people enjoy my calligraphy, and so nice to know how pleased you all were. Thank you for taking the time to share. It was a pleasure working with you.

I HIGHLY recommend using Jan for calligraphy! She address our wedding invitations and they look AMAZING! We were on the fence about whether the money would be worth it but it totally was!!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review my services. It was a pleasure working with you, and I wish you and your groom every happiness, and of course, a beautiful wedding!

Jan's work is absolutely stunning, and she is wonderful to work with! Her lettering styles are timeless and beautiful, and I am so glad my guests will get to see her work on their invitations. Jan also created a suite of beautifully crafted hand lettered signage for our wedding - from our bar menus, to ceremony seating cards, to a gorgeous welcome sign - they were truly the most beautiful signs I have ever seen, and our guests felt the same way! Jan, thank you for your incredible work and for being such a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 02/13/2016

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate it! So glad I could work with you for your happiest of days!

Jan's calligraphy is exquisite and exactly what brides (and their mothers) envision when picturing the all-important invitations! Wedding invitations truly set the tone for the entire event, and we could not be happier with her exemplary handiwork. It is also important to note that Jan's calligraphy is completely legible to the reader, so one can rest assured that the invitations will actually arrive at their destinations! Lastly, in addition to her obvious talent, Jan is so pleasant, helpful, highly responsive, and accommodating to inevitable changes along the way. Needless to say, she has our highest recommendation and any bride would be fortunate to have Jan's art grace her wedding invitations or other wedding paper.

Sent on 02/14/2016

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

How very kind of you! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your special day, and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Al · Married on 08/29/2015

Outstanding. Great service and value.

Sent on 02/25/2016

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thank you, Al. Yours came at an emotional time for me. I do appreciate being able to help you, and also your lovely review.

The calligraphy was just beautiful, everything we could have wanted. Jan was very professional and easy to work with. We are beyond satisfied!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thank you so much! I strive to make this part of the wedding planning as stress-free as possible and deliver the best lettering I can for you. I am pleased to have contributed in my small way to the beauty of your wedding.

Cathy · Married on 06/06/2015

The most beautiful calligraphy I've ever seen. Thrilled with her work.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thank you, Cathy! Your envelopes were gorgeous. It was such a great pleasure to meet and work with you. Thanks!

Jeannette · Married on 05/30/2015

I hired Jan to make a hand lettered, framed piece of art starring our wedding vows. It turned out beautifully! I loved that Jan had creative suggestions for me that helped to set and improve the design. The calligraphy is gorgeous and done with such care. She's meticulous with her art, and even shipped the finished piece to me protected in multiple layers shipping material, ensuring that it would reach me in perfect condition. I highly recommend her for any of your calligraphy and design services.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

It was such a pleasure to work with you. I am so happy that you like it! Thanks for taking the time to review my work.

Brittany · Married on 05/08/2015

Jan was wonderful! From start to finish, she made the whole process incredibly easy; from deciding on the calligraphy style that would work best with my invitations, to shipment and delivery! She is professional, and prompt with returning communication. My envelopes were beautiful, and I couldn't have asked for better!

Sent on 02/02/2015

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Brittany, thank you for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you, and I wish you and your lucky groom much happiness.

Dawn · Married on 01/16/2015

High quality work.. Beautiful invitations!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thanks, Dawn. It was my great pleasure!

Jan is simply amazing! She is so friendly, I wish I could have invited her to my wedding! She has so many styles to choose from and Her work is immaculate and yet so super affordable! I actually saved several of the return envelopes and had them framed , they are so very beautiful. I plan to call Jan whenever I need anything done!

Sent on 01/16/2015

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thanks! I hope to see you again someday.

Brenda · Married on 10/18/2014

I loved working with Jan Hurst. She was very professional and patient. I felt like I could share my ideas with her, and she was able to give me suggestions and feedback. Her calligraphy is beautiful. She addressed the envelopes for my daughter's wedding and also did the seating/escort cards.

Sent on 01/29/2015

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Brenda, thank you so much for the kind words and great rating! It was my pleasure to work with you, and I can't wait to see the photos! Thanks!

Hollis Starks · Married on 09/21/2014

Jan Hurst is a talented calligraphy artist. She is a delight to work with - accommodating, prompt and professional. I cannot say enough good things about this extraordinary lady !

Sent on 12/18/2014

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Hollis, thank you so much for the grand review! It is always fun to work with you and to see what beautiful things you are up to.

Kathryn · Married on 09/06/2014

Jan Hurst is an amazing calligrapher! I couldn't have been more pleased with my wedding invitations. She is really great at what she does and I would highly recommend her!

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thank you! Most of my clients are referrals from happy brides, so I appreciate your recommendations. Thanks for letting me be a part of your wedding happiness.

Janet · Married on 09/06/2014

Jan recently addressed my daughter's wedding invitations and they were STUNNING!!! The calligraphy was OUTSTANDING and not one mistake!
    We have received many compliments on her beautiful work and would not hesitate to recommend her.

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Janet, it was a pleasure working with you. Thank you so much for taking the time to send this great review.

Jan is so incredibly talented and is a pleasure to work with!! She is extremely responsive and quick. So happy that I discovered her early in the wedding planning process so I could get her help with so many things.

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thanks! I love my clients, and simply enjoy helping them get the wedding extras they're looking for. Thank you for being one of them!

Thank you!!!!

Jan has been a partner in planning weddings for two of my children, 3 of my friends
    [multiple] children's weddings and several challenging design projects. (Partner is
    probably an understatement ... co-parent? jiminy cricket? mentor? etiquette authority?
    coach? You get the picture!) Her impeccable hand is exceeded only by the creative
    ability of her mind's eye. Honestly, I can't imagine planning a major social event, such
    as a wedding, without Jan on our team.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Haha, thank you so much! My repeat clients and my referred clients always make me happy. It's good to know that I've been a part of so many happy occasions. I appreciate YOU!

Jan was very easy to work with and does beautiful work. We were not the easiest and most organized couple to work with but Jan never made us feel that way - no matter our request, she was very accommodating.

Jan does beautiful work, does not waste envelopes with an inordinate amount of mistakes and is a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Jan to create calligraphy for any event.

Sent on 07/17/2014

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

I do my best to keep errors to a minimum, so I appreciate your noticing. It's my pleasure to provide the best service that I can. Thank you!

Crystal · Married on 12/21/2013

Jan did such a beautiful job on the calligraphy for our daughter's wedding invitations. Her calligraphy gave the invitations a wonderfully unique and special touch. Perfectly elegant. Jan's kindness and professionalism were above and beyond throughout the entire process. She was always willing to help with a change or addition to our guest list, even on short notice, and always with a smile. I would highly recommend Jan's services to help make any event more special and simply outstanding.

Fabulous in every way you can imagine. Beyond A+.

Sent on 12/23/2013

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

I have the BEST clients! Thanks for the great review!

Carol · Married on 09/21/2013

Wow is all I can say. Everywhere I took her work, florist, party store, bridal shower restaurant, everyone wanted to know where I had the calligraphy done! And did I mention the wedding was in St Paul, Mn, so most of it was done via email or phone calls. I've given her info to all my friends, really lucked out here!!!!

Carol Bass
    Louisville, Ky

Sent on 12/23/2013

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Carol, thanks so much! It was a great pleasure to work with you!

margaret · Married on 09/15/2013

Jan Hurst was a professional from beginning to end! She was always patient with me ( as I called with head count changes many many times. She was also very gracsious
    when I called to ask her please stamp and mail invitations for me!
    I would whole- heartedly reccomend her and use her again. More daughters to go!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thanks, Margaret! You were delightful to work with and I look forward to working with you again!

It was an absolute pleasure working with Jan! She suggested the perfect font for our place cards and dinner chalkboard, which beautifully matched our wedding theme Many of our guests kept their place cards as mementos.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design's reply:

Thanks! I love hearing that your guests saved their place cards. How fun!