39 Reviews for Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design

Assembly (1)
Consultations (1)
36 Jan Hurst Calligraphy & Design Reviews

4.7

Jan did a great job of listening to what I wanted and recommending paper stock vendors for the printing part of the process. Her work is so beautiful and everyone commented that our invitations were "simply elegant." She pours her heart into her work.

Profile Picture User7218006, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Jan is a true artist! Our friends said they had never received a more beautiful invitation. This was in part due to Jan's stunning calligraphy which really set the tone for our event. Several have asked me for her name and contact information to use in the future.

Profile Picture Jana, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

I HIGHLY recommend using Jan for calligraphy! She address our wedding invitations and they look AMAZING! We were on the fence about whether the money would be worth it but it totally was!!

Profile Picture Abby, 5/28/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Invitations, Addressing, Calligraphy

Jan's work is absolutely stunning, and she is wonderful to work with! Her lettering styles are timeless and beautiful, and I am so glad my guests will get to see her work on their invitations. Jan also created a suite of beautifully crafted hand lettered signage for our wedding - from our bar menus, to ceremony seating cards, to a gorgeous welcome sign - they were truly the most beautiful signs I have ever seen, and our guests felt the same way! Jan, thank you for your incredible work and for being such a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Katherine, 5/21/16, 13 Reviews
Services Used: Addressing, Assembly, Calligraphy, Consultations

Jan's calligraphy is exquisite and exactly what brides (and their mothers) envision when picturing the all-important invitations! Wedding invitations truly set the tone for the entire event, and we could not be happier with her exemplary handiwork. It is also important to note that Jan's calligraphy is completely legible to the reader, so one can rest assured that the invitations will actually arrive at their destinations! Lastly, in addition to her obvious talent, Jan is so pleasant, helpful, highly responsive, and accommodating to inevitable changes along the way. Needless to say, she has our highest recommendation and any bride would be fortunate to have Jan's art grace her wedding invitations or other wedding paper.

Profile Picture User6358593, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Invitations, Unique Services (Other)

Outstanding. Great service and value.

Profile Picture Al, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Custom Invitations, Calligraphy

The calligraphy was just beautiful, everything we could have wanted. Jan was very professional and easy to work with. We are beyond satisfied!

Profile Picture User4979438, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

The most beautiful calligraphy I've ever seen. Thrilled with her work.

Profile Picture Cathy, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

I hired Jan to make a hand lettered, framed piece of art starring our wedding vows. It turned out beautifully! I loved that Jan had creative suggestions for me that helped to set and improve the design. The calligraphy is gorgeous and done with such care. She's meticulous with her art, and even shipped the finished piece to me protected in multiple layers shipping material, ensuring that it would reach me in perfect condition. I highly recommend her for any of your calligraphy and design services.

Profile Picture Jeannette, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)
4.7

About 40% of my job involves writing out notes by hand, so when my mom suggested hiring a calligrapher to address the invitations to my wedding I was all like "yes, please!" This has been by far the easiest part of wedding planning, made all the better by our decision to hire Jan Hurst! At every step Jan was professional, prompt, flexible and so kind. Best of all, my envelopes are beautiful! I'm getting tons of compliments from my guests. She designed a custom monogram for me and my fiancé and had postage stamps made with it.
And she worked fast! We dropped off our stuff on January 17th and she was done with everything by February 9th. I had a couple of addresses missing that I asked her to do last minute and she was all over it! She recognized a couple names I had misspelled and emailed me to clarify.
On top of all that she wrote out our names on an extra envelope as a sweet keepsake that I will cherish!

Profile Picture Mary, 5/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Jan was wonderful! From start to finish, she made the whole process incredibly easy; from deciding on the calligraphy style that would work best with my invitations, to shipment and delivery! She is professional, and prompt with returning communication. My envelopes were beautiful, and I couldn't have asked for better!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations, Unique Services (Other)

High quality work.. Beautiful invitations!

Profile Picture Dawn, 1/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Jan is simply amazing! She is so friendly, I wish I could have invited her to my wedding! She has so many styles to choose from and Her work is immaculate and yet so super affordable! I actually saved several of the return envelopes and had them framed , they are so very beautiful. I plan to call Jan whenever I need anything done!

Profile Picture User3753992, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Invitations

I loved working with Jan Hurst. She was very professional and patient. I felt like I could share my ideas with her, and she was able to give me suggestions and feedback. Her calligraphy is beautiful. She addressed the envelopes for my daughter's wedding and also did the seating/escort cards.

Profile Picture Brenda, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Jan Hurst is a talented calligraphy artist. She is a delight to work with - accommodating, prompt and professional. I cannot say enough good things about this extraordinary lady !

Profile Picture Hollis Starks, 9/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Jan Hurst is an amazing calligrapher! I couldn't have been more pleased with my wedding invitations. She is really great at what she does and I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Jan recently addressed my daughter's wedding invitations and they were STUNNING!!! The calligraphy was OUTSTANDING and not one mistake!
We have received many compliments on her beautiful work and would not hesitate to recommend her.

Profile Picture Janet, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Jan is so incredibly talented and is a pleasure to work with!! She is extremely responsive and quick. So happy that I discovered her early in the wedding planning process so I could get her help with so many things.

Profile Picture User4270352, 2+ years ago, 1 Review

Profile Picture User4270361, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Jan has been a partner in planning weddings for two of my children, 3 of my friends
[multiple] children's weddings and several challenging design projects. (Partner is
probably an understatement ... co-parent? jiminy cricket? mentor? etiquette authority?
coach? You get the picture!) Her impeccable hand is exceeded only by the creative
ability of her mind's eye. Honestly, I can't imagine planning a major social event, such
as a wedding, without Jan on our team.

Profile Picture User4261541, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts, Invitations, Party Supplies, Travel, Wedding Planning

Jan was very easy to work with and does beautiful work. We were not the easiest and most organized couple to work with but Jan never made us feel that way - no matter our request, she was very accommodating.

Profile Picture User4621139, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Jan does beautiful work, does not waste envelopes with an inordinate amount of mistakes and is a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Jan to create calligraphy for any event.

Profile Picture User4256907, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Jan did such a beautiful job on the calligraphy for our daughter's wedding invitations. Her calligraphy gave the invitations a wonderfully unique and special touch. Perfectly elegant. Jan's kindness and professionalism were above and beyond throughout the entire process. She was always willing to help with a change or addition to our guest list, even on short notice, and always with a smile. I would highly recommend Jan's services to help make any event more special and simply outstanding.

Profile Picture Crystal, 12/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Invitations, Unique Services (Other)

Fabulous in every way you can imagine. Beyond A+.

Profile Picture User3748384, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Invitations

Wow is all I can say. Everywhere I took her work, florist, party store, bridal shower restaurant, everyone wanted to know where I had the calligraphy done! And did I mention the wedding was in St Paul, Mn, so most of it was done via email or phone calls. I've given her info to all my friends, really lucked out here!!!!

Carol Bass