James Ryan Films Reviews

39 Reviews for James Ryan Films

• Katherine

Katherine Spruill · Married on 06/22/2019

Friendly and professional!

I didn't even plan on having a videographer at my wedding on June 22, but my parents wanted it and found James. And honestly, I was shocked by how much I genuinely enjoyed having him there, and how many times throughout the night I thought 'I'm so glad this is on video.'

James was VERY friendly and professional. I heard him talking to the photographers to work out the best way for them to cover the event, and he was always around but never in the way. I will say--if you're not used to cameras, it does feel a little funny at first! My husband joked that when dances/toasts first started, he felt like we were hosting a press conference. But the cameras fade into the background very quickly, and James was actively managing them (moving things around so nothing was ever in the way, monitoring the dancing for anything that would make a good shot). He will make sure to ask the bride/groom on camera about anything special you are wearing (I had a handkerchief made from my mother's wedding dress), which I thought was really nice. He will also tactfully step in and out of the getting ready area so that he captures some of the hustle and bustle but isn't in the room when you're trying to get into your dress. That wasn't something I had thought about ahead of time, so I was glad James knew what he was doing!

I'm excited to get our uncut footage--I can't wait to play with it.

Sent on 06/27/2019

James Ryan Films's reply:

Wow, thank you so much, Katherine! Reading this makes my day :) It was truly a pleasure working with you and Richard, seeing you surrounded by your loved ones and sensing how much you love another. It's weddings like yours that make me feel especially lucky to do what I do. Again, thank you so very much for your kind words and for having me be a part of your wonderful day!
  • Jazmin

Jazmin · Married on 05/04/2019

Professional Videographer

James was such a joy to work with at our wedding. We knew from the first time that we spoke on the phone that James was exactly who we needed to capture our big day. He was professional, friendly, and met all of our needs. We hope to work with him again in the future.

Sent on 05/18/2019

James Ryan Films's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jazmin! It was truly a pleasure working with you and Maury. I feel lucky to have been able to share in such a joyous occasion with such wonderful people. Thank you again and if you need anything, don't ever hesitate to reach out :)
  • Arizona

Arizona · Married on 10/18/2018

Amazing, fun, laidback

James was an absolutely amazing videographer and he captured absolutely every single moment that we could have asked for and then some. He is extremely laid-back and fun and easy to talk to and made us really comfortable in front of the camera. He is really great and wonderful one I definitely recommend him to anyone who is having a wedding or an event that they would like to have captured and look at for the rest of their lives. I'm telling you it is worth it and he is absolutely amazing and his work is phenomenal.

Sent on 11/13/2018

James Ryan Films's reply:

Wow, Arizona! I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful review. Thank you so much for your kind words. It was such a pleasure to work with you and John. It was really touching to see how much you love one another and what a great fit you make. I wish you all the happiness in the years ahead!

Terence · Married on 09/22/2018

We looked for a videographer a couple of weeks before my daughter's wedding; she was having some beautiful music during the wedding Mass, and we wanted to record. it. We contacted James Ryan Films, and were delighted at his services and rates - raw video was exactly what we were looking for. I was very pleased that he worked to make quality videography affordable. (Our rate included a travel fee - he traveled about 3 hours for our event, so the fee was very reasonable. He did a most professional job at both the Mass and the reception - we actually had him stay an extra hour, for a total of 5 hours. He delivered the video promptly after the wedding. I would recommend this vendor without hesitation.

Sent on 10/03/2018

James Ryan Films's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Terry! I was truly a pleasure working with you, Mary Jo, Sharon and William. You're very lucky to have such a wonderful daughter and son-in-law. I hope you enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed being part of your day :)

Kelly · Married on 05/26/2018

James was absolutely wonderful to work with! He is so professional and makes you feel comfortable in front of a camera. It’s a weird thing to have a camera on you all day but James was very discrete and made sure to keep us updated while working with the photographers schedule. His price is great, especially with all the running around he did for 9+ hours! James was also kind enough to unexpectedly extend his hours (my husband had a surprise horse drawn carriage at the end of the night and asked James if he could extend his time to capture it) - definitely worth the extra time! We received our films very quickly about a week or so after the wedding. I highly recommend James Ryan Films - especially if you’re trying to stay within your budget or if you are a DIY bride who can do your own editing!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Christine · Married on 04/06/2018

I could not have been more pleased with my decision to use James to video our big day. He was extremely professional throughout the day, managing multiple cameras and microphones with no problem. James was able to work with our budget to provide us with some great footage and wonderful memories. The biggest surprise was coming home from our honeymoon 9 days after the wedding and our wedding video was waiting for us upon our return. It doesn't get much better than that!

Sent on 04/20/2018

Jenna · Married on 09/23/2017

I am so so happy I choose James Ryan films for my wedding! He was flexible with my timeline and captured every moment perfectly! He made me feel very comfortable in front of the camera. I love the raw footage of my wedding!

Sent on 10/23/2017

James Ryan Films's reply:

Thank so much for the kind review, Jenna! it was such a pleasure working with you and Greg. It's always wonderful to be around couples who clearly make each other so happy. I wish you both all the very best!

Avery · Married on 08/26/2017

James was wonderful! He was kind and professional to work with leading up to the wedding, and he was phenomenal on the big day! He was in tune with everything that was going on and really got a ton of footage for us. His services are well-priced, and the flexibility of raw footage is perfect for us. We got the footage in the mail very quickly and we were so excited to see all the footage and different points of view he captured. Truly great - thank you, James!!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Kelly · Married on 06/24/2017

James was absolutely wonderful. I so appreciated his coming all the way down to Charlotte for us. We got our footage back so quickly and had the BEST time watching it! The whole day was such a whirlwind, so watching the footage helped us remember things we had completely forgotten about. There were things caught on film that are truly priceless and we will treasure it forever.

As soon as I saw James's website I knew he was exactly what I had in mind for my day! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 07/17/2017
  • W

William · Married on 05/22/2017

Our non profit reached out to James on short notice to have a medical class the we were teaching to be recorded. He couldn't have been more accommodating or easier to work with. He was at the event early, stayed later then he needed to and delivered an amazing quality product.

Sent on 06/23/2017

James Ryan Films's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Bill! It was a pleasure working with you, too!

Lenore · Married on 10/22/2016

James is professional and has incredible instincts when it comes to his work. The quality is far above what you would get with most other videographers.

Sent on 05/24/2017

Excellent videographer with a great personality! One of the kindest people we have met. He is very flexible and understanding. Would recommend.

Sent on 08/25/2016

Marissa · Married on 06/04/2016

I can't say enough about how impressed we were with James. We called him last minute, just one week from our wedding day, as a shot in the dark -- and he was available! He was the only videographer out of 10-15 calls that I made who responded to me the same day. Not only that, but he drove a significant way to be there for us on our Saturday wedding, even though he was scheduled for another wedding the next day (and the modest travel stipend he asked for was well worth having him). The professionalism, quick responsiveness, flexibility, and friendly demeanor of this videographer was more than we could have hoped for. We haven't viewed our footage yet, but if it's any reflection of James' work ethic and passion we know it will be top-notch. Thank you James for adding so much to our wedding memories! We can't wait to see the raw footage. We highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Lisa · Married on 04/23/2016

James was amazing! As the bride I wanted to see behind-the-scenes details and all the little moments of my day. James made that possible. I had a lot of kids and babies at my wedding and he captured so many precious moments. I loved how he was every where but very discreet. Very happy with his work!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Micaela · Married on 03/12/2016

I'm so glad we booked James as our videographer. It was something I definitely wanted but some of the prices were outrageous. Although the material isn't edited together, we still loved it! We got to see each detail that he captured versus what someone who edited it wanted us to see. We hardly even noticed he was there. Receiving our video was very fast. We had it the week after the wedding and have enjoyed all of the footage ever since!

Sent on 04/15/2016

Piedmont Farm · event on 10/18/2015

James Ryan Films worked with our non-profit organization to create a video that tells the story of our work. He was very generous and easy to work with, especially during the interview section of the video. James made the process a relaxing experience and he was concerned with every small detail, with the goal of making the best product possible. I would highly recommend James Ryan Films for your event!

Sent on 03/07/2016

Stacy · Married on 07/12/2015

James was amazing to work with before and during our daughters wedding. He was very flexible, attentive, polite and professional. And......
    reasonably priced!
    He was amazing with the guests bride and groom as well with the other vendors. He didn't miss a thing during the wedding! Captured every special moment! WONDERFUL!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Jeanne · Married on 07/11/2015

James was the videographer at my daughter's wedding and we were very happy with his services. He has the ability to be everywhere he needs to be in a very unobtrusive way. Very professional, talented and a nice guy to boot! Will use his services again at the next wedding!

Sent on 08/28/2015

James as very easy and fun to work with. The video was great from and included multiple camera angles. Extremely flexible and helpful. Excited to have the memories of our special day available to reflect upon inn the future!

Sent on 11/05/2015
  • User5200206 · 2+ years ago

James was great! He responded quickly to my inquiry and answered all questions in a professional manner. Very easy to work with, we never felt like he was in the way at all and we really didn't see him much although the footage he shot proved otherwise! He captured all of our special moments: ceremony, speeches, dances, conversations and well wishes. Our footage came to us the week following our wedding. Overall very reasonable and a very nice person to work with. Thank you James!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Susan · event on 06/04/2015

I run a digital marketing firm in the San Francisco Bay area. I had a need for a videographer to shoot a corporate testimonial in Virginia. I found James online and sensed from his website that he was the kind of vendor I was looking for—trustworthy and able to make people comfortable talking about a sensitive story. The footage he captured was just perfect. He would be my go-to videographer if only he were closer!

Sent on 07/13/2015

We cannot say enough wonderful things about our wedding videographer James!!!
    He was extremely nice, polite, and very professional! Just an all around very great person and videographer! He was there with us every step of the way and responded back to our emails very promptly! He captured all the details of our wedding and all the memories that we will cherish forever! We will be recommending the videography of James Ryan Films to everyone!!! Thank you so much James for capturing memories that will last a lifetime!!! 5 STARS!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Sent on 06/01/2015

James was absolutely AMAZING. He has an artistic eye for detail and memory-making. We love the raw footage we received. He was available and very flexible with my random early morning wedding. The best part about James, aside from the talent, was that you barely knew he was there whatsoever even though he had great lighting and multiple cameras set up. I am in awe of his discreet skill and great service. You can tell that he truly loves what he does. We received our video footage very fast. James, you are wonderful and very appreciated. I cannot thank you enough for your great footage!!

Sent on 05/07/2015

Andrea · Married on 03/01/2014

Beautiful and affordable hi-def film coverage! I got the footage the following week as both a DVD and computer file on a flash drive. He was so friendly, professional, and efficient!! The footage is raw so you can edit it yourself, but the picture quality was beautiful. He captured some amazing moments! I will get to watch our vows each year on our anniversary and remember what a special ceremony it was.

Sent on 05/01/2014