James Carl Photography Reviews

14 Reviews for James Carl Photography

• Katie

Katie K. · Married on 10/17/2020

Absolutely Stunning Work

My husband and I were married at Saint Michaels Parish in Wheeling and had our reception at Oglebay and oh my goodness I cannot say enough excellent words about Jim and Ellie! First, their work truly speaks for itself because that is why we hired them for our wedding at Oglebay. They know the layout and the great shots to get. However, the service he and Ellie brings his beyond amazing. They are such a dynamic duo truly there to capture the special day and make memories! They listen to what types of photos you want, I laid on the ground and had leaves thrown at me, to making the experience genuine and comfortable! From the few sneak peeks of photos we have seen, I cannot wait to see more! Thank you Jim and Ellie!

Sent on 11/01/2020

Brett B. · Married on 10/06/2019

We couldn't be more happy

I cannot say enough about the great experience we had with James. The photos were absolutely beautiful! James did an amazing job capturing every moment perfectly, and left us with an amazing snapshot in time. My wife and I had a wonderful time having our photos taken as well. If you are looking for someone to take your wedding photos, look no further!

Sent on 10/06/2020

Anne · Married on 06/03/2017

Professional, responsive, adaptable, and authentic - these are the words that come to mind when I think about our experience with James Carl Photography. When looking for a wedding photographer, it was important to us that we found a photographer who could expertly capture some of the most important moments of our lives, but who is also genuine and personable. That's exactly what we found in Jim and Ellie at James Carl Photography. From the first time we walked into their studio, they were welcoming and easy to get along with. They took the time to get to know us, as individuals and as a couple, and our families.

Jim and Ellie went above and beyond to make our experience a memorable (and photographed) one. Without hesitation, Jim and Ellie agreed to travel two hours from Wheeling and spent an entire Saturday capturing our engagement photos at our home, around our neighborhood, and even at our favorite restaurant. Leading up to the wedding, Jim took the time to field several phone calls discussing the type of photographs we wanted and where we wanted to get photographs, and helped us select the picture perfect location for our wedding arch.

On our wedding day, Jim and Ellie were professional and organized. They brought calm to the chaos by keeping us on task, rolling with the punches, and managing a large bridal party with ease. They took time to make adjustments so that each picture was captured perfectly - even a large family photograph with over 30 family members. Their creativity and professionalism resulted in breathtaking photographs.

Throughout the entire process, Jim and Ellie were very responsive and were flexible with our schedule as out-of-towners - setting up conference calls and late-night meetings so that we could review our album. Our experience with James Carl Photography was worth every penny and an excellent value for such a personal and professional experience.

Sent on 12/02/2017

Samantha · Married on 01/07/2017

AMAZING! This husband and wife team are incredible at capturing this most special of days. From our engagement shoot in a local cocktail bar to our wedding day, they put us at ease and really captured our style. We can't wait to put together our album!

Sent on 02/17/2017

Elise · Married on 10/31/2015

If you're searching for someone to capture your special day, stop searching and talk to Jim and Ellie. I really can't say enough about these two. They are fantastic human beings, incredibly easy to work with and produce amazing work. Our wedding photographer was a very important decision for me, and I could not be happier that we chose James Carl Photography. Even family members told me how nice they were and how they weren't in your face during the reception. They were incredibly flexible to meet with us before the wedding for engagement photos and for any other thing that we needed. They made sure to ask us if we had any photos we definitely wanted, such as groups of certain family members or any posed shots. We are absolutely pleased with our photos and our album. I would absolutely suggest these two to anyone I know who is looking for a reliable and enjoyable photographer.

Sent on 07/08/2016
  • Aveek

Aveek · Married on 08/30/2015

I always planned to 'splurge' on the choice of a photographer -- which meant that I would not be concerned only with the price, but also the quality. While Wright Image is by no means either the cheapest or most expensive vendor, they provide exceptional quality along with great customer service and flexibility. They offered a reasonable package price which included all day coverage and an engagement session at a location of our choice. Our engagement session ran a bit long but there was no complaints from Jim and his wife Ellie, who also photographs. We also met for a planning session which was very fruitful- I had taken the time to do my homework and come up with a plan, and both Jim and Ellie were very willing to go the extra mile and meet our needs and schedule.

We were lucky enough to have one of their colleagues Neal also join us on the wedding day, and JIm, Ellie and Neil took exceptional photos throughout the day and gave us a great mix of canned classic shots and other shots of our special day. Finally, opposed to other vendors I've heard of, they provided me both a few key sample pictures within a couple of weeks, and offered a review session of the full set of images just over a month after the event, which is great timing.

We are still designing the photobook via interactive online proofing, but I imagine it will be a great quality photobook and a heirloom which will memorialize the day exceptionally well.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Brandy · Married on 06/20/2015

Jim and Ellie were absolutely wonderful to work with and very professional. They made our experience very memorable and were very flexible to work with. They took amazing pictures of our wedding and captured every special moment. Jim is extremely responsive to emails/phone calls and is very detail-oriented. We highly recommend Jim and Ellie for any occasion!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Jill · Married on 05/23/2015

Choosing a wedding photographer is one of the most important decisions to make when planning a wedding because when it is all said and done, all you have left of the day is your memories and the photographs that will preserve those memories. We knew from the first meeting we had with Jim that he was the right photographer for my daughter's wedding, and we were not disappointed. We loved his easy going personality and his photographic style and he made us feel very comfortable and at ease. He and his wife Ellie were great to work with and very accommodating to our needs. The finished photographs were just beautiful and captured all the emotions of the day. We were so pleased, not only with the quality of the photographs, but also the entire process from start to finish. Jim and Ellie were very professional and gave excellent service. We appreciated the time and effort that they devoted to our daughter's wedding. I cannot say enough good things about Wright Image Photography. They exceeded our expectations in every way and I would not hesitate to recommend them for any wedding.

Sent on 07/18/2015

Holly · Married on 10/25/2014

One of the most important decisions you will make while planning a wedding is selecting a photography, these are the memories you will cherish for a lifetime. I highly recommend Wright Images as your wedding photographer. They are extremely creative, professional and caring. My favorite thing is the photo book they made for us, we love looking through the photos- it takes us back to that special day! My husband and I love looking at our photographs, and cannot thank Wright Images enough for providing us with these beautiful memories.

Sent on 07/03/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2014

Jim and his wife Ellie run Wright Image Photography. They went absolutely above and beyond in every sense of the manner. Our engagement photos were flawless! Their helpful planning before the wedding helped our wedding go off without a hitch. The photos were absolutely beautiful and we would completely recommend them again. They were wonderful to work with and very professional. They will travel anywhere around WV or the Pittsburgh area!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Melanie · Married on 11/09/2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our experience with Wright Image Photography. They were very professional, creative and easy to work with. We loved our final photos - great finished product!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/08/2013

Wright Image Photography captured every moment of the best day of my life. Jim and Ellie were professional, artistic, edgy and were willing to work with my husband and I to capture moments that were special to us. I would recommend Wright Image Photography to any couple that wants photos to remember for a lifetime. When I look at my photo book and printed photography, I am able to relive the moment I said "I do" . You CANNOT go wrong with Wright Image Photography!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Kayla · Married on 06/08/2013

I was the Maid of Honor for my sister's wedding. Jim Wright Photography did an absolutely stunning job. He was professional, creative, and made the day so special for my sister. The pictures he produced were beautiful and I can't wait to have him do my wedding. I recommend Jim Wright Photography to anybody!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Kristen · Married on 05/05/2012

I can't say enough good things about Wright Image Photography. Our wedding pictures are flawless. They were able to capture all of the best and intimate moments from that day. Very professional and a calming influence on a crazy day. I am so thankful I have such a beautiful record of one of the best days of my life.

Sent on 07/04/2015