28 Reviews for James Bachman

Guitar (2)
Ceremony (1)
Cocktail Hour (1)
25 James Bachman Reviews

Jim was fantastic! He really brought a touch that took our ceremony/cocktail hour to the next level. The music really set the scene perfectly! I couldn’t have imagined it any other way! Would recommend him 10/10 times!

Profile Picture kaci, 8/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim was one of the best vendors of our whole wedding. He is responsive, professional, goes above and beyond what is asked, and even learned a song that is not traditionally acoustic guitar for our ceremony! With the chaos of wedding planning, having a vendor as professional and dependable as Jim is invaluable.

Profile Picture Quinlan, 7/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim played solo guitar for our wedding, outdoors at a vineyard and the music was as beautiful as our surroundings. He arrived early and the music was beautifully moving. We arranged everything at his home since it was a destination wedding and I was only there for the weekend. He more than surpassed our expectations. He was incredibly kind, professional & responsive. We would absolutely hire him again & highly recommend him!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture J, 7/16/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Instrumental-Solo, Guitar

James was very thorough in the pre-planning phase leading up to our wedding and was considerate of our needs playing songs we chose and was willing to learn if he didn't know how to play them. We even had a transportation issue that delayed our ceremony in which he stayed longer than our arrangements and he went above and beyond on our wedding day. If you're looking for a classical guitarist with a class act musician, look no further. James Bachman is the man to book.

Profile Picture René, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Nothing but great things to say about Mr Bachman and his bandmates. He was very responsive to email and was always profesional during communication. Would not hesitate recomending him to anyone! Made our wedding nice, we had no DJ and his band played some great background music during the ceremony and reception. Could not have been happier!

Profile Picture Bryant, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

What a delight! James music was very elegant and relaxing. Having his live music was the perfect element to add to the ceremony and the cocktail hour. I would highly recommend his services!

Profile Picture Katy, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim is a great performer and was a valuable addition to our wedding. Jim played music before the wedding ceremony as guests gathered and took their seats, during processional and post ceremony during cocktail hour. Jim was very talented and flexible as we had asked him to play the guitar with my friend who sang during the bride procession. The duet they performed made the ceremony very beautiful and intimate making it that much more of a special day.

Profile Picture Laila, 5/28/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumental-Solo, Guitar

Jim played for our daughter's wedding at Santa Margarita Ranch. He agreed to play what we asked and showed up on time and was very professional. His acoustic guitar was wonderful for the intimate garden setting. At the barn reception he and his fellow musician played a wonderful assortment of old time favorites and jazz. Under the pressure of the wedding I felt some of his responses to my emails were delayed but that is my only complaint. Jim and his fellow musician were both very competent, non intrusive, and took care of setting themselves up to blend in with the wedding environment. We received many compliments on the music. I highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Margaret, 6/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I highly recommend Jim. He was great to work with! He suggested, recommended, and even learned the songs we wanted played. He played everything perfectly and beautifully!

Jim also played during our cocktail hour. The music was wonderful, light, and fun! I can't thank him enough for starting our wedding music just right!

Profile Picture Reina, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Loved having the live music as I was walking down the aisle, unfortunately, can't remember much, but people were complementing how nice it sounded.

Profile Picture User4554565, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We did not actually use James for a wedding, we had an open house event for our office and on a whim I contacted James to see if he would be available to play background music at our open house. He kindly obliged and even brought a second person with him. James was easy to work with in the planning process and did a wonderful job at the event. The music was beautiful, mellow and classy, just what we were looking for. In my other life I plan weddings and event and I would absolutely recommend James for your music needs. My only complaint...I went to give him a bottle of wine as a thank you and he packed up so quickly that I missed him! Not really a complaint, more of an apology for missing him before he left. Thank you James!

Profile Picture tara, 5/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

I contacted Jim about three weeks before my wedding to play guitar for our intimate ceremony at a winery in Paso Robles this past November. He responded to every inquiry right away and was very open to learning my taste in music and want I was looking for. He made such a great effort to learn the song I wanted to walk down the aisle to - Le Vie en Rose - in a short amount of time. I wasn't expecting him to learn it but he did! And it was perfect! My husband and I would definitely recommend Jim!

Profile Picture Jennilyn, 11/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim Bachman was wonderful to work with. He performed the ceremony music and live music during the cocktail hour. The music sounded fantastic. I would highly recommend Jim Bachman.

Profile Picture Janet, 10/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Mr. Bachman was incredible at our wedding. He and his colleague played guitar during our ceremony and cocktail hour. They did a lovely job! He arrived early, and seamlessly played throughout all of our wedding glitches. He let us use a microphone for our officiant and help put everyone at ease through the entire event.

I loved how he immediately responded to any inquiries I had and put me at ease, saying it would be perfect...and it was!!

I would highly recommend this musician for any of your events and we are so grateful for his talent and service.

Profile Picture Deanna, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

James was very professional and courteous. Very good guitarist and added a great vibe to our wedding.

Profile Picture Bryan, 9/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim was wonderful from start to finish! He was very positive and communicated with us and made sure our expectations would be met; our destination wedding was in a garden and he offered advice and suggestions to make our ceremony special and our cocktail hour great for our guests; Jim was very honest and accommodating to our special requests; we would recommend Jim for any occasion, he is very talented and knows how to entertain with grace and professionalism. Thank you Jim!!!

Profile Picture User4302241, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

James Bachman is amazing! He is super fast to respond to emails, very friendly, excellent pricing and most of all a super talented musician. My small family wedding was made extra special and with the beautiful music he played during the ceremony and the reception. Everyone absolutely loved it. We would definitely use his services again for our next big event. Thank you again Jim!

Profile Picture Jose & Niki, 6/24/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim was simply perfect for our wedding! You can tell he is a pro nothing phased him at all. My aunt wanted to sing a song and Jim played on the spot. His playing was so beautiful he had my mom in tears.

Profile Picture User4056272, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim was great to work with! Very informative with all my questions. An awesome musician!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 3/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music

Would definitely recommend Jim.

Profile Picture Gregg, 8/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

It was a pleasure working on a recent wedding with James. Talented, professional, and kind. I would definitely refer him to future clients.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim was a pleasure to work with. The music played was beautiful and received many compliments. Jim went out of his way to arrange a classical guitar rendition of a traditional Jewish processional song for us, and the final result was very pretty. I recommend his services highly!

Profile Picture Matthew, 10/12/14, 3 Reviews
4.7

We found Jim on WeddingWire and were looking for an acoustic guitarist for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Jim was easy to work with and offered to learn the song I wanted to walk down the aisle to – A Thousand Years. His rendition was beautiful and everything he played was amazing. He played while guests arrived and got seated, during the procession, after the ceremony (we did a champagne toast which took some set up, so he played during that), and during the cocktail hour (he had another guitarist join him). The music was perfect and exactly what we wanted – quiet background music to add to the ambiance but not distract from it.

Profile Picture Kristine, 10/18/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Jim was very accommodating and was able to play exactly what we requested. In fact, he even learned the accompaniment to 'Ave Maria' to play alongside my sister who sang. Jim created a beautiful ambiance and contributed immensely to the overall quality of the ceremony. Very nice to work with!

Profile Picture User3951713, 2+ years ago, 1 Review