JAM MUSIC Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Takia F. Married on 11/10/2019

Party Starter!

Party over here!! That's exactly how it felt with DJ Jam Music behind the turntables at our reception. DJ Jam was punctual, professional and knew how to read the crowd to ensure the musical selection met our needs. We would definitely recommend DJ Jam for future events.
  • Brianna
    Brianna L. Married on 10/05/2019

Engaging and in tune with everyone's needs!

We were drawn to John's services after seeing the stellar reviews left by many couples after hiring him. He was as good as promised, and more.
    In particular, John's calming, engaging, and grounded presence helped us and our families and friends to feel welcome, at ease, and celebratory during what could otherwise have been a stressful experience. I would highly recommend this gentleman and his craft!
  • W
    Wayne M. Married on 08/31/2019

Highly recommended

I cannot rate him high enough! He did a wonderful job as our DJ And also with each of the weddings games we played. He also had a beautiful display of our wedding monogram that went perfect with our venue. He was very professional but also accommodating as we had a few last minute tweaks in the ceremony. He definitely had the dance floor packed all night and I couldn’t recommend a better DJ to have at your function, wedding etc. Thank you again for your wonderful services. -The Montgomery’s
  • Que
    Que W. Married on 08/18/2019

EXCELLENT Wonderful experience every time

Amazing Dj very professional. During my wedding and my reception the music I’ve requested fit into my event perfectly.
    Dorian Married on 07/20/2019

10 STARS!!!!!

We decided to hire DJ John Young because he was highly recommended by our wedding planner based upon the style of our wedding, and music selections we needed. The process was easy! He actually sent a questionnaire with pertinent info to make sure he had all the info needed for song selections, types of music/genres, what not to play, etc. He responded to our emails & answered all of our questions as well. He even came to our final walk through of the venue and we had a chance to meet. I was kind of a bridezilla, so that meant a lot to me and my now husband. It showed us that he truly cared about his clients, took the time out to come, go over & finalize any last details. We also used his services for our up lighting. It put the finishing touches on the lighting for the ballroom. When the night was over on our big day, we received sooooooo many compliments of what an AMAZING job he did!!!! My husband and I were super busy taking additional photos, we didn’t get a chance to enjoy all of the music, but our guest did. We were sent videos of dance routines, couples together & guest enjoying themselves. I was actually sad that I didn’t get a chance to party with them. When we had to cut the daddy/daughter dance due to my dad not feeling well, he didn’t miss a beat or get upset. He kept the party going. Our family, friends, church members & co-workers cannot stop talking about the great job he did. For all of you bridezillas out there, rest assured DJ John Young is the best! As you know some vendors are slow to respond, don’t throughly read emails & can be unprofessional. It makes you wonder & worry about the “what if’s” for the big day. No worries with him! He arrived hours early to set up, had his black suit on, played our song selections & kept the energy high throughout the night with guest. If I could give 10 stars I would! A true professional & you can tell he loves what he does. For me, this was very important for all of our vendors we hired. Someone who genuinely cares & enjoys what they do for a living. You know that they will give 100%. Make sure to book DJ John Young of JAM MUSIC. You will not be disappointed!!!
    Lisa B. Married on 03/17/2019

Best DJ in Chicago!

I would highly recommend John for any and every social event!
    Lisa R. Married on 10/20/2018

Birthday party DJ

Jam Music met all my expectations and then some. All the requested songs were played along with ones in same genre. Guests were out of their seats and on the dance floor. Jam also provided gobo and uplights that enhanced ambiance of the venue. I would definitely hire again.
  • Jamila
    Jamila Married on 10/12/2018

Highly recommend JAM MUSIC

John is very good at what he does and you can tell he genuinely loves it! He had the tall task of following up two musical acts from the ceremony and cocktail hour, for a very diverse and energetic crowd. Pop, Rap, reggae, dance hall, and country! He found a way to get it all in and keep us entertained! John listened to our wishes and wacky requests and made them work. He has a handy dandy worksheet to fill out that helps him MC your evening, and prepare a song list that will keep your crowd jamming all night! What a party! Thanks JAM MUSIC!
    Monica Married on 09/01/2018
    Everyone LOVED a The DJ! I had multiple people ask me about him because he was SO amazing!
    Sheena Married on 08/31/2018
    Cj John responded whenever I had a question promptly. Very, very professional....crowd enjoyed the music. Kept everything running smoothly. Definitely can tell he’s a master of his craft. I’d use him again for future events as well as recommend to anyone looking for a good solid person.
    Kirstin E. Married on 07/21/2018

Great for mixed crowd events

John oung knew how to keep my wedding guest on the dance floor with little to no interference. We danced all night long!
    Rasheed Event on: 07/13/2018
    John was professional from our first call. He was clear on services and price. John arrived as he stated and set up. He delivered a terrific party. The music was excellent! I have already referred him to my friends and family. I will definitely use his services in the future. Thank you John.
    Lauren Married on 06/29/2018
    Our wedding was small and simple, and John was really able to be flexible and cater to that. We had a lot of music requests as my husband isn't American and he was able to get all our favorite songs from his country. All of our guests were very impressed!
    Tina Married on 05/25/2018
    He listened to our requests for songs during our initial meeting and delivered exactly what we wanted. We had a party, which is what we wanted it to be. Thank you so much for that. We’ll definitely hire you again and recommend your services to others.
    Lisa Event on: 05/23/2018
    JAM MUSIC was fantastic! They were very professional, on time and friendly! The music was perfect for our group, who had a great time dancing the entire night! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a top-notch DJ service for any event!
    Mayfair Event on: 04/14/2018
    He had a good variety of music while staying with our theme that kept people dancing all throughout the party
    Darrin Married on 03/23/2018
    The services provided were above board excellent. Mr. Young is an excellent DJ and very attentive to the needs of the customer and guest of the event. The selections of music played were perfect for the guest and the bride and groom.
    Denise Event on: 03/16/2018
    Jam Music was punctual, professional and unobtrusive.
    The sound quality and equipment were top notch.
    Tyesha Married on 10/07/2017
    John Young made our wedding day a phenomenal experience. He kept the schedule going, kept people dancing, played all of our favorite songs. Having a two cultural wedding, he made everyone feel welcomed and everyone had a great time. Will definitely refer him and work with him again in the future! He's patient, kind, professional and he definitely knows his stuff! He was on time, prepared and there were no bloopers. Wonderful DJ!!
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 09/23/2017
    It was a great experience working with John and DJ Ray from Jam Music. They were very professional in every phone call we had prior to our wedding. I was very worried about the music dynamic as my family and my husband's family are polar opposites (one side prefers country and one side prefers rap/hip hop), but we had people out on the dance floor the entire night! We had a slight surprise when the musical selection for our first dance was played and appeared to be an acoustic version rather than the one we had practiced too, but that was the only little thing and it really wasn't that big of a deal in the scheme of things. JAM Music was amazing and we would definitely recommend them for anyone looking for a great DJ!
    Shenesia Married on 09/09/2017
    Great job. John was professional and timely.
    Dominique Married on 08/19/2017
    John Young/Jam Music kept everyone dancing the entire night. Sometimes weddings can create a difficult task of trying to cater to all age groups but Jam Music did an excellent job at keeping everyone entertained with old jams and current hits. We utilized Jam Music for our ceremony and reception, both of which were seamless. We will definitely utilize John Young/Jam Music for any future dj needs.
    David Event on: 08/05/2017
    We don't have a party unless John Young can DJ it for us. Our friends love him!
    Jeremiah Event on: 07/24/2017
    John provide a very respectable quality service for our Event Bowl to the Beat. It was professional and timely. He also provide a nice diversity of music. Our employees were quiet pleased.
    Krystal Married on 07/17/2017
    Jam Music is a must have at any type of special event. Their DJ's are professional and provide just the right atmosphere to ensure that your guests are having a good time. I have utilized Jam Music for a birthday, a wedding, and several school assemblies and they have always surpassed my expectations. I know they are good because my guests keep saying who is the DJ, they are playing the best music. When several people tell you that at an event you are hosting and everyone has a smile on their face, you know you have a winner.