Jaclyn Duncan Music Reviews

133 | Montclair, NJ

133 Reviews for Jaclyn Duncan Music

Jeanne · Married on 09/19/2020

Jacyln was a pleasure to work with, provided outstanding and very elegant music for our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour, and she provided wonderful suggestions and insights. We would highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/15/2014
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/29/2020

We had a fantastic experience with Jaclyn Duncan Music, who I happened to discover through Instagram, of all places. The entire process was easy, seamless and straightforward. Jaclyn helped us with our song selection to match our vibe, and was upfront about what items we needed to consider when determining placement for the musicians during our ceremony. Their performance during our wedding was so beautiful. It truly set the scene and could not have been better!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Claudia Trombly · Married on 04/25/2020

Perfect Fit

Very prompt responses. Provided many samplings of different duos to help my daughter decide what instruments she wanted for our Cocktail Hour at her Wedding 4/25/20. Made the process sail easily in a very lots to decide time crunch. Very excited to have Jaclyn on board for this extraordinary day upcoming fo us !

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Erin

Erin O'Hara · Married on 01/11/2020

Beautiful music from a talented crew!

Jaclyn and her team were so great to work with. Responsive, affordable and bring beautiful music completely customized for you. She played all the songs that I chose as well as mixing in a great blend of others for both ceremony and cocktail hour. The live music really brought that romantic feel that we were hoping for!

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Katharine

Katharine Stewart · Married on 12/29/2019

Beautiful ceremony music

We hired a cellist for our ceremony music. Jaclyn was incredibly responsive to messages and very easy to work with. They have an extensive song list to choose from, which was great. We got so many compliments about the cellist. Our ceremony was outside, so I was slightly worried that the sound wouldn't carry, but I could hear the cellist from where I was waiting quite a ways away from the ceremony location, so that wasn't an issue at all. My only regret is that I couldn't hear all the songs they played while waiting for the ceremony to begin!

Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 11/16/2019

Ceremony music of my wedding dreams

I am so pleased with my experience with Jaclyn Duncan Music and her team! From my until email inquiring about their services to the day of my wedding, it was a pleasure to work with them! I had a string duo at my ceremony and had them also play during my cocktail hour. Their website provided wonderful music clips to help me decide which ceremony songs and cocktail hour songs I would like played. They created the perfect ambiance for my special day!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • F

Fallon · Married on 11/10/2019

Wedding Ceremony 11/10/19

Jaclyn was a pleasure to work with! super easy, very responsive, and worked with us on our ceremony music selections. We had the flute and guitar duo for our November wedding and it was absolutely perfect! -Fallon

Sent on 11/30/2019

Marta · Married on 11/01/2019

Perfect touch for your ceremony!

From start to finish, working with Jaclyn Duncan Music was an absolute pleasure. Jaclyn was organized, quick, and responsive, and provided many helpful suggestions to help us choose our right instruments and music selections. We ended up booking a harpist and violinist for our wedding ceremony. Both musicians were very talented and executed our music vision perfectly. We were so happy with how everything turned out and would highly recommend this team!

• Elyse Castillo

Elyse · Married on 10/27/2019

10/27/19 - Elegant, Timeless and Just Absolutely Beautiful

Unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to meet the two musicians who played at my wedding since I was kept in hiding for cocktail hour and they left after the ceremony, but my God. I could hear the music playing for cocktail and then of course, the music for the ceremony itself, and I could just cry. The music was exactly how I pictured it and it was beautiful. The musicians themselves and the playing really made the wedding that much more elegant and timeless. If I could thank them a million times, I would.

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Becky

Becky · Married on 10/27/2019

Jaclyn is amazing! Book her now!

I cannot say enough great things about Jaclyn and her musicians. We booked her flute/string trio for our church wedding ceremony and it was incredible. My guests could not stop talking about how beautiful they sounded. They played anything we wanted and even learned a new song for one of the procession songs. We had a couple of phone calls to discuss details and she was very flexible with everything. Can't recommend her enough!!!

• Kimberly

Kimberly Tran · Married on 10/19/2019

Easy to work with, great price!

I found Jaclyn Duncan Music after combing through literally hundreds of musicians. I went through their website and listened to the music on their site, watched a few of their sample videos and sent them an email asking about prices for a string duo. Jaclyn Duncan responded to my email promptly with all the information I was looking for. By the time I had contacted Jaclyn I had already narrowed my vendor list for string musicians down to about 3 vendors, not including Jaclyn Duncan Music. What made me choose Jaclyn Duncan Music was how well she communicated and how prompt she was with her responses. While the other 3 vendors took 2 or more days to respond, Jaclyn always responded same day or within just 1 day. No matter how trivial my questions were she was responsive and helpful with her answers.

The day of my wedding (October 19, 2019) my guests were raving non-stop about how beautiful the ceremony music was. The musicians from Jaclyn Duncan music were amazing, they played all the songs I requested, their timing was perfect, they paid attention to the cues that were given by my event coordinator and the officiant. They really made my ceremony absolutely perfect. The only thing I regret is the fact that I personally didn't get to hear much of the music, being the bride has it's drawbacks, i was stuck hiding in the holding room the entire time, I was able to hear the song they played as I walked down the aisle, and the recessional song, both were beautifully done. I would 100% recommend Jaclyn Duncan Music for all your musical needs!

• Brittany

Brittany Spector · Married on 10/19/2019

world class!

they were excellent to work with throughout the process and are very flexible around how many performers you would like to hire and what variety of instruments you want. Jaclyn helped me decide what would best fit my party type and budget. They fulfilled all requests and even filled in some songs appropriate to the theme, mixing their songs with our requests. Many songs and genres to choose from. They brought and set up their own equipment and performed in 2 different locations, making for a classy and chill cocktail hour. So happy we decided on strings to add a classic touch to the day! All the guests loved their music from prelude through cocktail hour! The two musicians were very nice and very professional. 10/10 stars!

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Susan

Susan T Pottichen · Married on 09/27/2019

Efficient, timely and professional

We had a lovely experience with Jaclyn Duncan musicians - they were the perfect addition to our ceremony.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Sonya · Married on 08/10/2019

Proactive, Diligent, Phenomenal Musicians

Jaclyn and team were wonderful to work with! She was quick to responde to emails and phone calls and she proactivly contacted me the week of my wedding to assure me she was ready for our big day.
    The classical music was phenomenal and amplified the beautiful ambiance. My guests are still talking about the trio music at our cocktail hour.
    Thank you Jaclyn for the wonderful experience and for helping us create the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Robins Mesadieu · Married on 06/21/2019

Very pleasant person to work with

They are the best in this business.

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Qing

Qing Gao · Married on 06/15/2019

Love, Love, Love!!! Highly Recommended!

I am so glad I found Jaclyn to be my wedding day musician, since I love harp, but not many musician team have harp. But she has all kind of musicians I need, and played the most music for my wedding day on June 15th 2019 at NJ. I absolutely love them. I had a harp, cello, and violin combination. They arrive on time and very professional. I definitely recommend if anyone want to worry free and highlight your event.

Sent on 06/25/2019

Clement Mccalla · Married on 06/15/2019

Wonderful experience

Jaclyn Duncan Music was very flexible and accommodating in our requested musical selection for their String Quartet, for both the wedding ceremony and the cocktail hour. In particular, we were pleased that they were able to play some of our traditional music for which we provided the sheet music. I would very much love to hear them play again.

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Jenn

Jenn Hayes · Married on 06/15/2019

Wonderful experience!

Jaclyn was amazing to work with. She has a large list of songs to choose from, but was also accommodating for a nominal fee to learn a couple of new songs that were special to us.

We used a duo of cello and violin for songs before the wedding started, groom walking down the aisle, bridal walk, and recessional.

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • William

William · Married on 05/17/2019

Low-Maintenance Magic

Wonderful wedding ambiance thanks to Jaclyn Duncan. She was very responsive and professional in the planning; the musicians were there early and played exactly what we wanted when we wanted. Honestly, the best part was that we didn't really have to think about it all that much when the day came--they were set up and played what we needed and it was great!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing!!!

They were so easy to work with and the music was absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 05/12/2019
  • Chuji

Chuji Luo · Married on 02/08/2019

Wonderful Music!

I booked a string trio from Jaclyn Duncan Music. Jaclyn helps a lot when we chose music list. The musicians were on time and played wonderful music. What's more, they have took some gorgeous photos for us! Strongly recommend!

Sent on 02/15/2019
  • Kacy

Kacy Kreger · Married on 12/11/2018

Cellist soloist at Walker’s Landing

Jaclyn was super sweet to work with and professional. She gave me advice as to what music to choose. Her musicians were affordable and professional and I got to see them twice as a friend of mine had them as well at her wedding. Our cellist was punctual and very kind. The music was wonderful. Thank you Jaclyn Duncan Music!

Sent on 12/27/2018
  • Adam

Adam Gaines · Married on 12/01/2018

Unparallelled

Jaclyn runs an amazing operation. She was so easy to work with and her roster of musicians is so incredibly talented. Together they elevated our ceremony to a level we didn't know was even possible. Beautiful music, fantastic company, unparalleled service. Can't recommend enough!!!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Brooke Parsons · Married on 11/23/2018

Ocean City NJ, Flanders Hotel

I am so taken back... just speechless of the perfection that Jaclyn Duncan gave to our ceremony. We had the cello, flute and violin for our ceremony and each song was breathtaking. Leading up to the day, Jaclyn was professional, attentive, creative and so wonderful to work with. Our guests still talk about the quality and beauty the musicians performed. Wow! Please book them!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Rosa · Married on 11/17/2018

Wedding Ceremony String Quartet

It was such a pleasure working with Jaclyn and her talented String Quartet! My husband and I reached out to Jaclyn a year before our wedding, and from the very first email, Jaclyn has been nothing but responsive and helpful. We communicated frequently throughout the planning process, and Jaclyn was able to make excellent suggestions from timing, logistics, to song choices. She was by far the easiest vendor to communicate with (and we've had amazing vendors!). We requested a particular arrangement of the song "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol to be played during the procession, and they absolutely nailed it! They have fulfilled every wish we had, and set the perfect tone for our day through their music. The quartet created the perfect ambiance for our ceremony, and I would highly recommend Jaclyn Duncan Music to anyone looking to elevate their special occasion!

Sent on 12/19/2018