jack's catering Reviews

22 Reviews for jack's catering

• Shantel

Shantel · Married on 10/12/2019

Delicious!!

The food was so amazing! We had a taco bar at my wedding and man was it good. I got many compliments from my guests! They were such a pleasure to work with. They packed up leftovers after and cleaned up before leaving. Recommend for any event in need of great food and service!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Bridget

Bridget Kristof · Married on 08/31/2019

Delicious food, great service

Jack’s catering did an amazing job at my reception! They arrived on time, set everything up perfectly, and packed it all up for me at the end of the evening. The servers were polite and the price was unmatched by any other vendor I looked at!
    The food was delicious and my guests are still talking about how good it was, 3 weeks later! I would recommend Jack’s to anyone.

Sent on 09/18/2019

So good!! Food was amazing! They even accommodated for one of my guests food allergy needs. Helped us pack everything up at the end!

Sent on 12/08/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/19/2015

Fantastic service, helpful staff, easy planning and plentiful menu options. Very happy customer!

Sent on 06/20/2015

Kristen · Married on 05/04/2013

The food was delicious!! Everything tasted wonderful! (Best carrots I've ever had!) We rented our tablecloths as well from Jack's.

Sent on 02/23/2014

Polly · Married on 10/19/2012

Jack's did a spectacular job! The food was wonderful, everyone thought the food was wonderful. We had pork tenderloin and herb chicken- wedding menu #1. They were very professional and reasonably priced.

Sent on 11/05/2012

shannon · Married on 03/17/2012

Our venu allowed us to choose our catering which was excellent for us because we shopped around for the best food for a good price. Jack's Catering was an excellent group to work with. They allowed us to piece together our menu based on our favorite foods! We wanted to have fun, less traditional wedding food and they were thrilled to work with us and provide us with a party that fit our style. On the day of the event, things went off with out a hitch. They provided cake cutting, bar tenders, and served up our "fun food" on elegant china. It was perfectly us and everyone raved about the food. We didn't break the bank, everyone went home full and they are just really sweet people to work with.

Sent on 02/04/2013

Kelli · Married on 04/26/2008

Tons of menus to choose from!

Sent on 06/26/2008

Molly · Married on 05/17/2009

Food was great, tasted and looked good. The only problem we had was that we told them we would have about 115 guests, but we ended up only having about 90 because some people who said they were coming didn't for whatever reason, but there wasn't quite enough food. I was told this by guests, which is a little upsetting, but it wasn't then end of the world for my small afternoon wedding. A big pro is that they have so many choices and menus to pick from, and the price isn't bad either!

Sent on 06/29/2009

Kelley · Married on 09/08/2007

The food was excellent. They had a wonderful selection to chose from. And a variety of dinnerware to chose from too. The servers were great with our guests. And packed up only when all the food was devoured. What was not eaten, they packaged up and put in our refrig.

Sent on 11/26/2007

Heather · Married on 05/26/2013

Jack's Catering was awesome for our wedding. We actually had a cookout style menu for our Sunday Memorial Day wedding. Our selections included hamburgers, hot dogs, and brats. Our sides were green beans, macaroni and cheese, and baked beans. It was all fabulous!! They even included all condiments. They are incredibly affordable too. My guests loved our food!!

Sent on 06/07/2013

jessica · Married on 03/31/2007

They were pretty easy to deal with. very reasonably priced. several menus to choose from. Book way early for a possible price break, I booked just before the prices were going up.

Sent on 07/24/2008

Erin · Married on 10/09/2004

Jack's did a fantastic job! The food was delicious all the guests enjoyed it! The service is always good, great menu options too! I continue to use Jack's for other events I host and would recommend them to everyone!!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Jerin · Married on 08/19/2000

Jack's provided my food for a wedding at a great value. They even delivered the food over an hour away from their kitchen. The food was delicious, and the guests were all happy with the taste and quality.

Sent on 04/03/2008

Tasha · Married on 08/04/2018

3.2
      3.0
      2.5

They forgot an important side dish for my wedding. I bought 80+ cups to use for the wedding guests as their favor and told the bartender multiple times to offer them first but never did so i had to take them home. Never cut the cake after being asked mutiple times. Food that was served was good but will not recommend! Said they would send me a check for food not served ASAP and im still waiting 2 weeks later..

Sent on 08/16/2018

Dan · Married on 08/21/2016

2.6
      3.0
      2.0
      1.5

Was at the wedding of my Niece this past weekend of which I recommened Jacks to the mother of the bride. Everything went good with placing the order. But the day of the wedding they were told enter the Vineyard by the service enterance not the main drive. Well as the Bride and Groom joined hands here drives up a big Jacks Catering truck in middle of Wedding where they were told not to come though. Doing the serving of the food a server of Jacks I noticed was leaning on the fence outside sleeping!!!!! They advertised they do the Cake cutting as part of the FEE. I asked for the plates for the cake to be served on the worked said oooo NO we just cut the cake. So we had no plates of folks and I had to drive up to a store to purchase plates and forks. Coffee was suppose to served and no coffee was brought!!
    The food was good and setup ok for the order that was placed. When I asked the staff about the problems they always had a snicker with their answer like it was a bother for them to be there. I did here the owners were called and a settlement was worked out with the Mother of the Bride so that was nice of the owners to do that . Id just say make sure if you choose Jacks you get it all worked out and hope they come though ,if not make sure you call the to work out any problems. But no matter what the wedding was a success. Uncle of the Bride

Sent on 08/22/2016

0.5

They were late to my wedding. Food was not ready in time. When I called the owner on my wedding day, at the time they were supposed to be there, he told me if I did not calm down that they would just not show up at all. ZERO on the professionalism scale. The staff that showed up were super friendly and so nice, they did all they could to make up for it. I just feel terrible that they have to work for such a terrible owner. I would NEVER recommend this company.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Jeff Kyle · Married on 03/09/2019

no thank you

So unprofessional. Brought the wrong food and forgot silverware. Go somewhere else. The owner is an ass.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Tricia · Married on 12/01/2012

1.0

We chose to work with Jack's Catering because they had been in business for a long time and because of their wide variety of menus. We had very specific requests for our formal, afternoon wedding and I submitted our proposed menu to them months in advance. We requested traditional, Southern finger foods and assumed we were in good hands so we happily paid the price quote even though it was significantly more than the other menu options listed.

The presentation was a disappointment. What was supposed to be elegant finger foods looked more like bar food. Items were served in black and white bowls rather that the agreed upon silver serving pieces. One of the items we requested was cheese straws (a Kentucky tradition) and they were missing. Dips were supposed to be served with elegant crackers and they were presented with tortilla chips. The "imported cheese platter" was simply pre-sliced cheddar and pepper jack with pepperoni. (I guess it was imported from Ohio?) The homemade butter mints ended up being white chocolate mints which is a big difference. The ham and beaten biscuits (which are small, delicate things) ended up being these enormous, crumbly breakfast biscuits which weren't elegant in the least. The punch tasted like watered down Hawaiian Punch. We had loads of left over food and we literally couldn't give it away.

Yes, we had specific requests. We even went so far as to suggest recipes if it was something they typically didn't serve. We were assured they could honor our requests and we were happy to pay more for what we were told was "expensive ingredients and labor intensive work."

If you're looking for inexpensive, run of the mill catering - Jack's is probably alright. If you want traditional, Southern foods or have any special requests this isn't going to be a good match for you.

Sent on 12/06/2012

Debra · Married on 06/07/2014

I

would not recommend Jacks to anyone!! they served food we didn't order it was horrible!! they ran out of food, filled iupsalad bowl with bag of salad and the veggies for the salad left in a bag on the bottom of the bowl!! service was HORIBLE!!!!!I tried to talk to the owner that Mon put me on hold and gave me someone else to talk to, never once did they say they were sorry for ANYTHING!!! Don't USE THEM UNLESS YOU WANT TERRIBLE FOOD AND SERVICE!!!!!!!!

Sent on 07/14/2014

0.0

I hired jack’s catering for our November 2, 2013 wedding. I will start off by saying we were very disappointed with the service we received. To start off our big day, the first problem we had was with the linens we had ordered through them to decorate our venue. While starting the decorating process the morning of at 8 am, we noticed that our linens were stained and had holes in them not to mention they were the wrong size. I called and left a message that I needed a return call back about the linens. When I got a return call I was told that they wouldn’t be able to make it out to me for another 45 minutes which I didn’t have time to wait for this so I had to resort to covering up the stains and holes with platters and decorations. I was told I would be refunded for the linens I had paid for and they apologized for this happening. We arrive back to our venue at 3 pm after getting ready for our big day. As I am waiting to walk down the aisle I had asked one of my bridesmaids if our carter was here she said she would go check for me she comes back and says no they are not here so 10 minutes before I am to walk down the aisle I make a phone call to our caterer at 4:50 pm our ceremony was to start at 5 pm and I am told they should be pulling up any minute now I hang up because I was so mad that I had to deal with this on my wedding day after spending so much money with them. I had previously spoken to the owner Charlie who had told me they would be there to set up at 4:30 pm not as I am to walk down the aisle. So needless to say I had to postpone walking down the aisle so that they could go in and set up the drinks at 4:55pm. Then on top of all of this the green beans I had ordered with the meal were so incredibly spicy that I couldn’t eat them and even had several guest complain to me about this and there was sooo much pepper in them. After that they ran out of the only wine that I could drink and brought another kind of wine that I didn’t ask for that I couldn’t dr

Sent on 11/05/2013