Jackie's Design Hair & Skin Studio Reviews

63 | Annapolis, MD

63 Reviews for Jackie's Design Hair & Skin Studio

Brooke Huntley · Married on 09/21/2019

Julyea was incredible

Jackie and Julyea were such a pleasure to work with. Jackie was very professional and organized in setting things up and made it all very stress free and easy. Julyea was amazing to work with day of. She was so great at my trial really listening to me and on the day of gave me EXACTLY what I wanted. She was ‘‘tis way with each bridesmaid too making everyone look unique and align them feel beautiful! She also did a great job with my 2 year old flower girl! Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/01/2019

Emily · Married on 01/27/2018

Julyea at Jackie's Hair Design saved me from a blonde brassy disaster before my bridal shower and wedding. My hair had been totally over processed by my long time stylist two weeks prior to this photo and it had to be corrected before all of my upcoming wedding events. NO! Julyea totally transformed my hair with a cut and beautiful lowlights.

Julyea is an absolute professional and couldn't be more knowledgeable about the products and techniques she uses. She guided me towards some amazing and affordable products for sale at their salon that have instantly changed the way my super dry/damaged hair looks and feels on a daily basis (Velveteen Dream Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner; Amika Oil Treatment; PHYTOKÉRATINE Repairing Thermal Protectant Spray).

The salon is very clean and the stylists are all happy. The location is also perfect (direclty off Rowe Blvd- with free parking), which is super convenient for me coming from Baltimore. If you can't tell, I highly recommend this Jackie's Hair Design!

I am also getting monthly facials here in preparation for my wedding :)

Sent on 10/13/2017

Chelsea · Married on 12/09/2017

Jackie and her team did a beautiful job! She was very professional and made myself and my 8 bridesmaids look stunning on my special day! The trial was perfect and she was successful with fitting all of my bridesmaids and flower girls in with enough time! I highly recommend her and her partner for makeup! Absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Kimberly · Married on 09/30/2017

Jackie paired me with Julyea for hair services for me and my bridesmaids and I couldn't have been happier! I wanted a soft and romantic updo and Julyea DELIVERED. I felt gorgeous and confident for my special day. My ladies also looked stunning. I highly recommend this team! Thank you!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Morgan · Married on 08/05/2017

Jackie's design absolutely met my expectations. Jackie is SO accommodating and made my vision and hair inspirations a reality. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day, as every bride should and because of Jackie's talents and team that feeling was easily achieved. The makeup artist Christina did a high quality job and was so personal throughout the experience. We requested the team travel to Maria's which was super convenient. I loved my experience with Jackie's design and because of that will be looking into their other services in the future.

Sent on 08/29/2017

Kathy · Married on 05/28/2017

Jackie was absolutely fantastic. She did a great job at my trial and the big day, and also made my mother and mother-in-law look great. 5 stars all around!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Katie · Married on 05/20/2017

Working with Jackie and her team was wonderful! She was professional and flexible throughout our 8 months of planning. My family loved their hair and makeup (and the pictures were gorgeous!). The team did a great job doing hair and make-up for individuals ranging from thirteen to seventy years old!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Dominique · Married on 10/15/2016

I was in great hands with Jackie and her crew for my wedding. Definitely recommend her to anyone who wants hair/makeup done for the bride, bridesmaids, and mother of the bride.

Sent on 10/25/2016

Phyllis · Married on 09/18/2016

I had a very small wedding party and was looking for hair and make-up for just me and my sister as MOH. With all of the wedding planning I didn't even think about booking hair and make-up until 3 months before my wedding. Most vendors I reached out to only work with larger parties but Jackie had no problem with it just being the two of us. Day of the wedding my mom and nieces decided to have hair and make-up done as well. Jackie did a phenomenal job for all of us and never seemed stressed about taking on these extra services. She had great suggestions when we were indecisive and we all looked stunning. Our hair and make-up held up the entire day - no problem. And she is priced very reasonably. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Lindsey · Married on 08/13/2016

Jackie was absolutely amazing, and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for hair and makeup.

She did hair for eight ladies- bride, mother of bride, and six bridesmaids- and she brought an associate who did all the makeup. We all looked stunning, and she accommodated everyone's style. Some of the ladies came with pictures of what they wanted, and others had zero idea and gave her freedom to choose. Both options turned out beautiful! Most of the ladies were also apprehensive about the makeup. None of them had done airbrushed makeup before, and they were all worried they'd look too made-up. Jackie reassured them well, and they were all so happy with how the makeup turned out. My mother almost backed out of makeup last minute, then couldn't stop raving about how great she looked.

I did a trial with her early in order to make sure everything would turn out great. She reminded me that the trial was important not just to make sure you look gorgeous (because you will!) but also to make sure you're not allergic to any of the makeups she uses, or the false lashes, etc. The trial was at her house, and she was so sweet about accommodating me. I was from out of town, so she moved her whole schedule around to get my trial in on the one day I was in town before the wedding.

She continued to be accommodating even up to the day of the wedding. We changed locations for getting ready last minute due to some unforeseen circumstances, but she was great at flexing and being able to get us all ready anywhere. She was also great about timing- she told us a timeline, showed up 30 minutes early to get her stuff ready, and stuck to the timeline perfectly.

I highly recommend Jackie- she will take so much stress off you on the morning of your wedding!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/30/2016

A bride's hair and makeup is a pretty critical aspect, and I always felt as though I was in good hands with the team from Jackie's Design. I have to admit that I was a bit indecisive on my up-do and Renay couldn't have been more accommodating so that my day of hair was perfect! My makeup artist Karah was such a hit that two bridesmaids who had originally wanted to do their own makeup ended up begging her to do there's too. I don't wear a lot of makeup and have typically not loved when I get my makeup done, but I absolutely love my makeup on my wedding day.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Rebecca · Married on 07/10/2016

Jackie was very professional and was able to do my hair and makeup perfectly without much direction from me - I didn't really know what I wanted until we did the test-run. I didn't look too made up, but the make-up that was there stayed put all day (a hot July day at that!) Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/22/2016

MJ · Married on 05/14/2016

Jackie's designs was one of the best choices I made for my wedding day! Jackie did an amazing job with my hair getting the exact style I saw in a picture. My makeup was perfect allowing me to look enhanced for my wedding but still myself. I received a lot of compliments and questions of who did my hair and makeup. I would highly recommend Jackie and her team for you wedding. Her team is personable and reliable making getting ready even more enjoyable on your wedding day.

Sent on 07/03/2016

Jackie and her assistant were wonderful! A rare thing -my self and my bridesmaids ALL loved our hair and makeup! I actually started going to Jackie as my regular hairdresser as well after the wedding.

Sent on 12/30/2015

Patty · Married on 09/19/2015

Jackie was absolutely FANTASTIC. She did my hair and make up for my wedding as well as my bridesmaids and it was "Over the Top". The Airbrush make up was perfect and my "up-do" was beautiful. We had so much fun with Jackie and and her assistant. Her pricing was very competitive with what other people charge. I highly recommend her services.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Joanne · Married on 08/08/2015

Jackie was absolutely wonderful! She is extremely flexible and so easy to work with! On our wedding day, she had 9 up dos to do and she kept calm and completed every single one of them with perfection and right on time. Her calmness really helped the morning of our wedding run smoothly. I would absolutely recommend Jackie and her services to my friends that are getting married. I came to Jackie with a picture (from Pinterest, of course) of how I wanted my hair and Jackie nailed it! She is absolutely phenomenal

Sent on 10/16/2015

Bernadette · Married on 07/11/2015

Such an amazing experience with Jackie's Design!! From the first meeting when I had my hair trial, right up to my big day, Jackie and her staff could not have been more wonderful. Although Jackie did not do my wedding hair, she was nevertheless such a huge part of my wedding. She stayed for every trial, helped the other stylists understand my vision, and answered all of my crazy bride late night questions promptly and professionally. I loved Jackie so much I also went to her for my pre-wedding highlights (which were also perfect:-)
    Lori was the hair stylist who did the hair for both myself (the bride), the bridesmaids, and the mother of the bride. I personally wanted a vintage, romantic loose updo for the wedding, and Lori completely understood and carried out my vision. My hair was even better than I could have ever imagined!! With the help of a few pintrest pictures Lori was able to capture the style and vision I had for my perfect bridal hair. Even when (at the

Sent on 07/27/2015

Jackie is awesome! She did a fantastic job on my hair and makeup for my wedding as well as my mom and bridesmaids. My hair & makeup lasted all night! Airbrush makeup is a MUST!!! Jackie will travel to you which is a huge plus, it made the morning of my wedding less stressful.

Jackie is very responsive and professional. She really takes pride in her work and makes sure that the bride is completely happy. She is super talented! I could not have been more satisfied with her services and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Jackie was amazing to work with! She is professional, flexible and will work with you and help you decide on the perfect look for your special day. My hair looked beautiful and my make up was exactly what I pictured it to be! Oh, and my bridesmaids looked gorgeous, too!!! Thank you, Jackie for a wonderful experience!

Sent on 06/08/2015

I found Jackie after going through many over-priced and unavailable make-up artists. Immediately I knew I wanted Jackie to do my make-up for my wedding. She was extremely kind, informative, and responsive. I think it was fate since she lives just down the road from my wedding venue! As soon as I met Jackie for my make-up trial I felt comfortable and confident that she would make me beautiful and she did. The trial was extremely relaxing and Jackie was extremely nice! The day of my wedding was crazy, but Jackie was there on time and ready to work. My make-up looked even better than my trial. She made me feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day. She made me look natural, but also sexy. She truly is a make-up ARTIST. She did a bridesmaids hair (which was stunning!), a bridesmaids make-up (which was perfect!) and my moms make-up (which made her feel beautiful and special as well!). She even stayed during my bridesmaids pictures before the ceremony and touched me up before I left for the church. I could not have asked for a better make-up artist and I am so glad I chose Jackie. I would highly recommend her for any of your make-up needs, especially for your wedding day. Jackie is AMAZING!

Sent on 12/10/2014
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 10/25/2014

Jackie is awesome! She was always responsive to my emails, which is super important when you are planning your east coast wedding from the west coast. She was flexible with scheduling my hair and makeup trial. She went above and beyond on the day of our wedding to make sure I loved my hair and makeup. She was also attentive to my bridal party and their requests. If I ever get the chance for professional hair and makeup again, I will definitely want to use Jackie!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Laura · Married on 10/04/2014

I absolutely loved working with Jackie on my wedding day! She was professional, flexible, and easy to work with and she does amazing work! I had a large wedding party getting their hair/make up done and she handled it like a true pro! She ensures that you get just what you want and that you feel beautiful and confident!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/27/2014

Jackie did a wonderful job at my wedding in September. She did my hair along with my sisters and mothers, each our own unique style. I had a trial with her about 6 weeks before the wedding. We were able to make a few adjustments to what I wanted to make it look even better. She also had wonderful suggestions for my sister and mom who weren't really sure what they wanted. Jackie was very responsive via email and phone. A few of my friends wanted their makeup done as well and they ended up hiring Jackie too. They were very pleased with her work and looked absolutely beautiful!
    Jackie is very professional and personable. I would recommend her without hesitation!

Sent on 10/25/2014
  • User4620551 · 2+ years ago

Jackie and her assistant did a fantastic job with our daughter and her bridal party's hair and makeup. They listened to what the girls wanted and did exactly that. It was a pleasure working with them.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Mr.and Mrs. · Married on 07/12/2014

You MUST book Jackie and Christina together! Although it isn't required to do so, having them both work on you and your bridal party is without a doubt, exceptional! Jackie and Christina strive for perfection and are very patient with all types of hair/makeup requests! You will NOT be disappointed with their services nor their presence on your wedding day!

Sent on 07/17/2014