Jackalope Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Julie E. Married on 11/19/2021

Amazing photographer, amazing person.

Heather was honestly the final piece to make our wedding day perfect. She was so laid back and personable. She also made me feel so comfortable and beautiful. During family photos where it gets chaotic, she was assertive but easy going and patient. I do marketing for a living and photos are verrrrry important to me. She surprised me the morning after the wedding with GORGEOUS photos that made me cry. I couldn't believe how stunning they were. She captured me and my husband's personality perfectly. The coloring, the details, everything was just perfect. I also had flower girls as well and she was GREAT with them. She was patient and kind and got their attention. Please choose her for your wedding, engagement photos, anything. You won't be disappointed.
  • Hannah
    Hannah J. Married on 09/25/2021

Heather is amazing!!!

Heather is absolutely wonderful!!! She is so great to work with, very accommodating and very responsive and she captured our wedding perfectly!! I could not be more happy with the photos. She was so organized and helpful doing a perfect mix of posed and candid photos!! Could not recommend her enough!!
  • Stacy
    Stacy B. Married on 08/28/2021

Gorgeous Photos and Easy to Work with Photographer

Heather from Jackalope Photography was a great choice for our wedding photos. From the moment I read through her website and saw how detail oriented she was I knew she was the right photographer for us!

We did both engagement and wedding photos with Heather and were so pleased with both sets of pictures. Neither my husband or I are super comfortable in front of the camera, but Heather really put us at ease and got some fantastic shots.

I also really appreciated her willingness to edit some photos after we got them - removing some people from backgrounds or rain spots from my husband's suit. We've just started sharing photos more broadly with friends and family and everyone has raved about them!

I would highly recommend Heather to photograph your big day!
  • Anna
    Anna C. Married on 08/07/2021

Hands down best photographer in Maryland !!!

Heather was absolutely fabulous to work with. From our first planning meeting to my husband and I's big day she completely exceeded our expectations. The day of our wedding she worked tirelessly to make sure she wasn't missing any of our special moments. We had our ceremony at the Naval Academy and our reception at Port Annapolis Marina–it rained as soon as we got to the chapel and Heather was prepared with clear umbrellas to make sure me and my girls stayed dry. After the ceremony we took pictures at the Naval Academy in every place we could to avoid the rain but still have beautiful photos. Heather knows how to make any picture look amazing rain or shine. We would recommend her to anyone! She worked so hard before, during and after our wedding, and truly wanted to capture every moment of our big day! If you have any occasion you want photographed don't delay–book Heather for the best pics!!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa F. Married on 05/28/2021

Willing to bend backwards for her clients

I contacted heather about a year and a half ago for my big wedding on May 23rd 2020. She was quick to respond, friendly, professional and her prices were reasonable. After looking at her gorgeous Instagram pictures I knew she was the photographer for me! We booked her and were very excited to have her at our wedding day.. a year goes by and Covid strikes and my big wedding gets postponed to 2021! I contacted Heather and she was willing to postpone our contract with no hesitation and was very understand and thoughtful through the process. My Husband and I decided that we just couldn’t wait another whole Year to get married so we planned a small 10 guest backyard wedding at my parents house and we asked Heather if, allowed by the county mandates, would she be willing to shoot our mini wedding? She was more than willing at an extremely fair price and showed up in the 80 degree heat with her awesome superhero mask on and took the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen of myself!
    Even out of all of that! Our favorite part about Heather was that she made both my husband and myself extremely comfortable during the posed shots (usually we are very awkward) and the pictures turned out better than I ever could have imagined.

Thank you Heather!!
    Kelsey C. Married on 05/01/2021

Amazing photographer and person!

Heather is amazing at what she does, plain and simple…trust her and you will be so happy you did! I appreciated Heather’s upfront pricing, descriptions, and variety of packages on her site which isn’t very common with most photographers out there which was an automatic plus. We booked her premier package plus rehearsal dinner photography which included everything you could want and more! After having our (initially) July 2020 wedding at the Naval Academy postponed, Heather was the best in terms of rescheduling and working with us and her calendar to make it as easy as possible. We got to meet for our engagement shoot which was a long time in the making but right away she made your comfortable with the camera and you could tell how talented and prepared she was.

Fast forward to right before our wedding day and we filled out her questionnaire to help with the timeline and Heather knew exactly what we wanted and come the big day she had some ideas of her own which turned into some of our favorite shots! Heather and her second photographer were amazing with the entire bridal party, family, vendors etc. She delivered our photos on time and there were plenty of them now we get to look forward to making our album with her!

Long story short: book with Jackalope Photography, you won’t regret it!
    Jamie M. Married on 08/21/2020

Authentic photography

My husband and I were married in August 2020 after having to postpone due to the pandemic. Our original wedding date was in April 2020. Heather gets extra points for flexibility! I was so relieved when she was available on our new date. After booking her services in 2018, I was confident that we were going to have some truly special photos. The summer mini session that she photographed in 2018 really sealed the deal. We decided to use them as our engagement photos. From then on Heather was easy to work with and I really appreciated her down-to-earth style. She captured our wedding day exactly how I remember it.
  • Emily
    Emily N. Married on 04/25/2020

Such a pleasure to work with

I Highly recommend heather to be your photographer! She’s great at what she does and gets the photos back to you so fast! She was so nice and accommodating when we had to change up our entire plans due to covid. Love her work and she’s so nice to work with and made us feel comfortable the entire shoot.
  • Jamie
    Jamie Married on 09/21/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

It would be in your best interest to book with Jackalope Photography! Heather is amazing at what she does and overall a wonderful person to work with. We could not have asked for a better photographer for our engagement and wedding photos. We decided not to have a videographer, but she did such a good job at capturing all the moments that going back through the photos told the whole story of the day and made us relive one of the best days of our lives. The USB of all our photos also arrived in the neatest way. We hope to continue working with Heather to capture future adventures!
    Danielle W. Married on 09/20/2019

Amazing. Perfect. Beautiful.

Heather/Jackalope Photography did such an amazing job of capturing our special day. The pictures are all absolutely amazing, she captured so many different perspectives, worked with us to make sure we had everything captured that we wanted, all within our budget. I cannot wait to have so many printed & a wedding album to cherish for years! Thank you, Heather!
  • Kellie
    Kellie Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing Photography

My number one priority when I began wedding planning was making sure we hired a great photographer. I spent months searching for photographers in our area, and the minute I came across Jackalope Photography's website I knew it was the one!

Heather was absolutely amazing throughout the entire process. My husband and I had never had our photos professionally taken before, and she made us feel so comfortable and natural for our engagement shoot and took away all of our worries for the wedding pictures! She was always quick to respond to any questions we had, and put together a day of timeline for our wedding day!

Heather was so organized day of; She kept us on track with the timeline and re-adjusted when we ran a little late getting ready. She found the perfect spots for pictures, and during the reception she seemed to be everywhere at once, yet never in the way. There were a few times I noticed something happening I wanted a picture of, and when I went to find Heather I realized she was already there!

I'm so excited to see our finished pictures, Heather sent us a few the day after the wedding, which was amazing of her, and they were gorgeous. I'm so beyond happy that I stumbled across her website in those early days of planning, I couldn't have asked for a better photographer!

Caroline Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful Experience

We worked with Heather for our July wedding in Annapolis. Heather was easy to work with even though we were planning our wedding from out-of-town. She was flexible with both our engagement and wedding photos. Most importantly, we are so happy with how the photos turned out! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve looked through them now and I think Heather really captured the joy of that day. I’ve had many family members and friends comment on how much they love the photos as well! Lastly, our wedding day was over 100 degrees and Heather was such a trooper capturing every moment despite the heat. Thank you for your hard work and for capturing our wedding so well!
  • Kelli
    Kelli Married on 05/25/2019

She is amazing

I cannot recommend Heather enough!! She spent the day with my husband & I around Baltimore and it was a blast. She captured some of the best moments and was so nice to work with. She let us enjoy the day and keep our nerves down :) 20/10 would highly recommend!!!
    Shannon R. Married on 05/10/2019

A m a z i n g!

If you are wanting a photographer to capture all of the candied moments as well as making sure you gather all the family shots, then look no further! Heather was absolutely amazing to work with. She is willing to step out of the box and try unique photos to truly capture each couple in their own way. My husband and I did a paint fight engagement photo shoot and then Heather took us to a beach close to her house afterwards for more picture of us all covered in paint. My husband and I had an absolute blast!!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 03/29/2019

Love love love

I cannot say enough good things about Heather. She did a fantastic job and we love all of our pictures. Communication was great before our wedding, extremely accommodating and flexible. Everything that was important to us was captured beautifully. I would highly recommend her and will continue to use her for future needs.
    Samantha M. Married on 10/06/2018

WONDERFUL Experience - Book with Heather!

Heather was incredible to work with and we are so glad we chose her to capture our big day. We did an engagement shoot too and she was very flexible about scheduling and location. It helped us to be more comfortable in front of the camera and the photos were wonderful. She was unobtrusive and managed to put us at ease even though I was anxious and self conscious. Her photographs are stunning and vibrant and made me feel truly beautiful. She also was very helpful on our wedding day by handling a few issues for us quietly and really made our day run smoothly. From what we've seen, our wedding photos are absolutely gorgeous and we can't wait to get the rest back! Book with Heather - you will not regret it.
    A Nelson Married on 09/29/2018

Extremely Happy with Heather and Our Photos!

Heather was great to work with and helped make sure we stayed on track even with our parents demanding additional photos that we hadn't originally asked her for. We were looking for a photographer that could capture the posed photos as well as the candids. We just got our gallery and she definitely captured a good combination of both for us. All of our photos are bright and vibrant and really capture the feeling and moment not just the posed smiles. Heather was super responsive via email with creating a timeline, shot list, etc. Definitely would recommend to anyone looking for a great wedding photographer!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 09/22/2018

Best day ever!

Heather is a sweet little lady with an amazing talent! She kept us on track all day/night to make sure we got all the photos we wanted. She was able to capture our raw emotion, which I love being able to look back at. With the photos she takes you will never be able to forget how you felt in that moment. Truly a blessing!
    Shannon Married on 08/25/2018

Awesome Photographer With An Eye For the Moments That Matter!

Heather is an awesome wedding photographer! The main reason we choose Heather as our wedding photographer was her ability to capture the pivotal moments that fly by in the midst of a wedding day. Heather is not your typical wedding photographer who takes staged photos of family members in front of a pretty background. Heather has an eye for emotion and finds a way to capture the spontaneous moments between friends and family of love, joy and fun (like you and your now husband performing the worm on the dance floor in unison; how she knew to be there at that moment in time, I have no idea!).
    In addition to her awesome work, she is a joy to work with! Heather was extremely responsive and ensured every detail was noted. She also possessed a very calm, collective, and super cool attitude. At some points before the ceremony and during the reception, things got a little haywire, as most weddings do, and Heather handled every situation like a pro and gave me a sense of trust and reassurance.
    Heather is a superstar and would I recommend her for anyone looking for a wedding photographer!
    Lydia Married on 06/29/2018
    I absolutely cannot say enough positive things about Jackalope. Heather gave us exactly the wedding experience that my husband and I wanted: calm, fun, and positive. She is extremely talented and we are in love with our pictures. On top of everything else she is super easy to work with and really responsive to emails. If you are looking for a photographer who will make this whole (often stressful) process a breeze, look no further!
    Alyssa Married on 06/01/2018
    What first drew me to Heather's work was her artistic eye and composition, which was exactly the style we were looking and hoping for. We had arranged to meet a few other photographers, but after meeting her and learning how pleasant, professional, and organized she is, the decision was a no-brainer. We signed with her pretty much on the spot, and were so relieved. And, she was everything we'd hoped for and more. She has that magical ability to just sort of materialize when important shots need to be taken, and then disappear into the background. Everyone was really impressed with how they never felt like they were being photographed, which was important to us. My husband and I can be pretty stiff or awkward in photos, but she made us feel comfortable and relaxed. She really is the whole package. OH and I have to mention how impressed we were with how much she "got" us, and our wedding vibe/theme. We have this garden gnome that is meaningful to the family (long story) and so we used him as decor on our sweetheart table. Without even mentioning the lil guy to her, Heather used him to photograph our wedding rings! She couldn't have chosen a more perfect arrangement. My siblings-in-law were so delighted to see her photographing him, they took a photo of her! We can't recommend her highly enough, and we hope to work with her again and again in the future!
    Danielle Married on 05/19/2018
    Heather was absolutely amazing! We had a nightmare situation with a photographer we had booked and had to cancel with less than a month before our wedding. My husband called Heather and even though she was booked that day she assured us she would help us out and take an after wedding session for us to make up for the photos that we originally took that we will probably never receive! Her and Danie Photohraphy made our big day way more stress free than I was imagining, going above and beyond, creating beautiful images for us to look back on. She was great with communicating and a quick turn around on our photos! We met for our after wedding shoot just 2 days ago and got the stunning images back yesterday! We are very happy with our results from Heather! We would definitely recommend Heather to anyone!
    Peyton Married on 04/21/2018
    Could not have asked for a better experience from Heather. She was extremely flexible and accommodating when it came to locations,group photos, and times. With the stress and emotions revolved around planning a wedding, Heather made it easy! She has a natural eye for capturing those precious moments for us to remember forever. 5 Stars all the way and would recommend her to anyone for any occasion. Thank you Heather for all of your help!
    Elizabeth Married on 04/06/2018
    Heather photographed our engagement pictures and wedding, and we couldn't be happier! She was always professional and responsive, and she was really helpful with answering planning and timeline questions. I appreciated her calm demeanor as my anxiety grew a bit closer to the wedding date. And, most importantly, the pictures are fantastic! She took amazing shots, both posed and action. We would absolutely recommend Heather!
    Noor Married on 03/24/2018
    Heather was literally the best!!!!! Could not have asked for a better photographer. Before our engagement shoot I was a bit nervous and was worried it might be awkward, but Heather was awesome. She made us both feel super comfortable and we had a great time. I left the shoot telling my then fiance how much fun I had! Throughout the process, Heather was very easy to communicate with. Her use of honeybook made payments easy. She was also super understanding of religious needs and was easy to work with, despite it being her first time doing a Muslim/Arab wedding. On the day of the wedding, Heather was on time and a calming presence. Her and Sam, the second shooter, made an awesome team. Working with them was so amazing and I've been recommending Jackalope to everyone I know. Whenever anyone sees our wedding pictures, we get so many compliments. They are beautiful - and everyone thinks so too! I was showing an acquaintance our wedding pictures and she made a comment that there wasn't a single bad photo. Heather is an extremely talented and fun to work with photographer. Definitely recommend working with her - I'll definitely want her to shoot for any of my future photography needs!