33 Reviews for Jaci Downs Photography

High-Res Images (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
One Event/Day (1)
32 Jaci Downs Photography Reviews

Jaci is an absolutely amazing photographer! The pictures she and her assistant snapped were absolutely breath taking! I’m still in aw. I love them so much. She was very accommodating right from the start. Jaci was very professional, friendly, warm, pleasant, fun, responsive, creative, and just all around great. She got along so well with our families, they still talk about how much they loved her energy. Jaci captured everything and more than we could have ever asked for. No matter the weather, jaci was well prepared To snap the perfect shot. I am going to cherish these pictures forever. I would highly recommend her for any special occasion!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had long admired Jaci's work from her time as my college's photographer so I knew I had to hire her when I decided to get married on the campus of my alma mater. Jaci and her colleague Matthew are true professionals. Of all the wedding details, this was the easiest and most enjoyable of all. Jaci worked with every one of my requests (I didn't want things orchestrated, I wanted specific shots, etc.) She assuaged our concerns about our exceptionally large families and made coordinating 20+ person family photos simple, easy, and most importantly QUICK so we could party! She simply made everything look effortless and she even helped this very serious bride let loose and have some fun. If you're looking for a photographer who is talented and creative as she is direct, responsive, easy, fun, and encouraging then absolutely hire Jaci Downs. She will capture the special moments of your big day in a way that is discreet and natural and the process all throughout the way is an absolute breeze. Thank you, Jaci and Matthew! We'd give you 10 stars if we could.

Profile Picture Erin, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, High-Res Images, Second Shooter
4.7

I contacted Jaci to do my wedding photography on the recommendation of one of my close friends. After initially reaching out to her, she took the time to meet with me to show me some more examples (including completed albums), get a feel for my wedding and what type of people me and my husband-to-be were.

On our wedding day, she and her assistant arrived on time and started snapping away! They had some great ideas, and weren't afraid to get "down and dirty" to get the shot! She was also be to accommodate pictures with our families and our large groups of friends easily.

During the ceremony and the reception, I barely noticed Jaci and her assistant but they managed to capture some amazing images including details of our wedding ceremony and reception, great pictures of our guests and the entire party atmosphere!

In addition to my wedding day experience, Jaci was also very professional and responsive via e-mail and continues to be as I am selecting final images. I am extremely pleased with my experience with Jaci and recommend her without any hesitation!

Profile Picture Mukta, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

We hired Jaci almost as soon as we knew we were getting married in the Philadelphia area. We were impressed with her professionalism, as well as the value for the work she provides. She was more than willing to provide a portfolio of recent work--including work at our venue. Early on, she asked us specific questions about photos we wanted and any special poses we wanted.

Our engagement photos were incredible--I highly recommend engagement photos, as you can get acquainted with your photographer before the wedding. We were also able to become familiar with her style of photography. The quality of the photographs was very high, and it gave us confidence that our wedding photos were going to be incredible!

During the week of the wedding, Jaci was in regular touch with us and our day-of coordinator. She confirmed where she was to meet, and gave us a breakdown of what the day would look like. We felt that we were in good hands with Jaci.

On the day of the wedding, Jaci and her team came early! She brought a shooter as well as an assistant, and from the minute she started, she came across as very prepared. She cooperated with our videographers, which was a huge help to us. She worked well with our decision not to have a first look, and took advantage of the great sunset we had to take wedding party photos before the wedding.

During the reception, Jaci was enthusiastic about taking lots of photos--both posed portraits of groups as well as candid shots on the dance floor. We can't wait to see them!

Profile Picture Jacqui, 10/9/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Liability Insurance, Digital Files

Jaci did the wedding photos for my sister's and cousin's wedding and she did an amazing job so we were thrilled that she was able to shoot our wedding! She did a great job and her assistants were great as well. We are so excited to get all of the photos back!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

What an amazing talent!!!! From the day we contacted Jaci about our wedding to the finished product it has been an incredible experience. Jaci is so easy to work with, professional and extremely talented. I gave her a list of shots that were important to me to have and she went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I asked for. There's nothing Jaci won't do to get the perfect shot. She was such a joy to work with prior to, during and after our wedding day. 1200 photos later and I love every single one! I'm contacting Jaci for all my photography needs!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jaci was amazing. We had a photographer bail on us 3 weeks before the wedding, and she was willing enough to help us . out in such short notice. Due to the distance (and closeness of the wedding) we were never able to meet beforehand, but through many emails, phone calls, and texts, she had me reassured that everything was going to be fine. She was right! She was so attentive day of. She was conscious of time (which is HUGE) and was able to keep us moving at a good pace to make sure that other wedding events stayed on track. We had given her a shot list, but she captured more important moments than I could have ever thought of. I had a friend Skyped in from Afghanistan, and she caught a shot of my friend holding him, watching our first dance. It was beautiful! She also captured some shots of him with us on an iPad. They mean the world to me. Besides for her amazing photography and time management skills, and professionalism, she was super fun to be around! She got along with all the bridal party, family, and especially my husband and I.

Profile Picture Casey , 4/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Everything people are saying about Jaci is true, she's amazing! She is personable, funny, kind, sweet and goes the extra mile for a great shot. We wanted a group shot of all our guests so what did she do, climbed on the roof of our venue. Our guests were awestruck! In addition, she seemed like she was genuinely enjoying shooting our wedding. She's great and you'll love your photos and you'll love her! I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Tynesha, 7/16/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I had the pleasure of working with Jaci Downs Photography for my wedding. Jaci was not able to be our photographer but she had another amazing photographer, Max, working our wedding. The pictures came back and they are amazing, I couldn't believe how great they turned out. Working with Jaci through the whole process was a joy, she is very personable and understanding. My husband and I are very laid back people and her and her staff fit right in with our personalities. I would use Jaci again for other events if I get the chance. Thank you Jaci.

Profile Picture Cassandra, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Second Shooter, Destination / Travel, Albums, Digital Files

Jaci was recommended to me by one of my closest friends. My friend had showed me her work some time prior to planning my wedding, and I knew immediately that she would be the perfect person to capture our wedding day. She was immediately responsive to all of our questions. She took time out of her extremely busy schedule to get together with me and my husband to get to know us and find out exactly what types of pictures would fit the overall feel of our wedding. On our wedding day, she tailored all of our photos to what she knew we wanted. She and her assistant flowed seamlessly throughout or ceremony and receptions (in a tiny location!) and capture absolutely beautiful moments. I couldn't be happier with our experience with Jaci and the stunning photos that she provided for us!

Profile Picture Tricia, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jaci came recommended to me by a coworker when I was searching for a photographer for our wedding. After viewing samples of her work and meeting with her in person, we knew that she was definitely the right fit for us. The day of the wedding was cool and rainy but Jaci and her lovely assistant still managed to capture wonderful outdoor portraits as well as the spirit of our ceremony and reception. We also received many compliments from our guests on our personable and talented photographer! Her prices were reasonable and she continues to be easy to work with even after the wedding date has passed. I definitely would recommend her to anyone for their wedding or special event.

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jaci is AMAZING!! Jaci is the only photog that actually offered to meet me in person before booking my wedding. At the meeting, her fun personality and incredible work showed through in the multitude of albums and samples she brought with her (that's right, all of her packages include an album!). On our wedding day, she was punctual, professional, and invisible (which as a bride was exactly what I wanted her and her second photog to be - invisible; even though she was invisible, she was able to steal me and my husband away from our guests - a welcome escape, and for what better purpose than pictures!?!). Her prices blew the competition out of the water. She was able to book us even though we had waited until only 2 months before our wedding date (though I planned the wedding in only 3 months, so what can expect?). I recommend Jaci to all of my friends and acquaintances who are engaged/getting married (if only they would stay local?!)!!!!

Thank you Jaci for making our special day even more amazing - and for giving us the memories we will cherish for the rest of our lives! And thank for being patient with us while we try to decide on what photos to select for our album - who knew it would be so tough or there would be so many?!

Michele & Kevin

Profile Picture Michele Simmoneau, 3/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We found Jaci through Wedding wire. Wow what a find. She was very responsive and flexible with what was literally a last minute booking. I don't think we can say enough good about the experience of working with her on our wedding. The finished product was great. The "set" poses were great and but Jaci definitely has a gift for capturing the casual unguarded moments as well. We would use her again and recommend her to anyone seeking a photographer.

Profile Picture Ken and Debbie, 2/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jaci was recommended to us by my husband’s aunt after we mentioned that we were having a hard time finding a wedding photographer. Jaci scheduled a meeting with us as soon as I contacted her. She brought an impressive collection of wedding albums and went over her packages. She answered all of our questions and her work spoke for itself.

Closer to the wedding, I gave Jaci a list of all the portraits we wanted and some photo ideas. She was very easy to get in touch with and make sure she knew all the details about our wedding day ahead of time.

On our wedding day, Jaci and her assistant Max were amazing to work with and made us feel very comfortable. They got everyone grouped together quickly and efficiently when necessary and knew just where we should stand for the best lighting. They were like secret spies capturing every moment behind the scenes!

We just got the photos and they are AMAZING. I got all misty-eyed looking at them and reliving the day. We had a lot of fun looking at the reception photos of guests and things we had missed that day. I love all the different angles and the selection of color and black and white photos too. She shot everything we wanted and more and we couldn't be happier. :)

We would definitely recommend Jaci to anyone getting married and will contact her again to photograph our next big life events.

Profile Picture Jill , 11/7/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jaci was fantastic! We had quite a few changes to our plans but Jaci had suggestions to make things easier when I was changing locations of our ceremony a month before the big day! My husband and I love our pictures and couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Maria, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our wedding pics from Jaci are AMAZING. She was wonderful to work with- always responsive and true to her word. Before the event, Jaci met with us and had a briefing of what we wanted, what we didn't want, who shouldn't be in pictures together, etc. This made the day of seamless. The day of, Jaci's crew was flexible and fun. We could not be happier with our pictures and overall wedding photographer experience. Friends have commented that my photographer was amazing and that I have some of the most beautiful captures they have ever seen. You won't be disappointed if you go with Jaci!

Profile Picture Liz, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jaci was wonderful to work with. She was always open for suggestions and never failed to answer my questions. Not to mention the beautiful work that she does. My husband and I love every single picture that she took. Very professional and I would recommend her over and over again!

Profile Picture Katrina , 10/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jaci was absolutely amazing! From day one until the wedding day she was great. She kept in contact with me through my whole year of planning. Her and her assistant made everyone in the bridal party feel so comfortable. They made the all day picture experience so relaxed and enjoyable! I look forward to working with her again in the future!

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/18/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jaci was a pleasure to work with and I can't say enough great things about her. She has great attention to detail and was creative in her work. She captured everything perfectly and took all the shots that I requested. I can't get over how nice my pictures are and I am so glad that I chose her to shoot my wedding. I would recommend Jaci to all future brides.

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Awesome photographer. Very professional. Made the experience very fun and comfortable without being too pushy or bossy. Love her work.

Profile Picture Larry, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I just got my pictures back from Jaci and she did a wonderful job. The pictures are gorgeous and I love them! I would recommend her to anyone. She is so easy to work with.

Profile Picture Niki, 9/6/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jaci is awesome. I am also in the wedding industry (www.photoboothevents.net) so I knew from previously working with her that she would produce high quality work. We had a great experience, as we expected. The photos are stunning. Jaci asked what kind of photography we liked prior to the wedding and asked us to find some images from our venue that we liked. This allowed her to shoot in a style that we liked and showed her things in the venue we wanted her to capture.

Jaci has a laid back way about her which is perfect for anyone trying to stay calm and relaxed on their wedding day. Don't let her laid back attitude fool you however!! She produces amazing pictures that, quite honestly, no other photographer produces on a similar budget. We looked through dozens of photographers, and could not find anyone who was able to produce image quality near Jaci's, unless they were about $1000 more...

In my opinion, and I have worked with hundreds of photographers, Jaci produces photo's that of a high end photographer at a mid range price point. There may be a few Philly photographers as good as Jaci, and maybe some around the same price point, but I challenge you to find a better photographer for the price - its practically impossible!

Thanks again Jaci for being a part of our wedding! Highly Recommended!

Profile Picture Gregory, 8/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jaci was wonderful to work with. She made every effort to accommodate our schedule requests and was flexible and easy-going on the big day. Her work is beautiful!

Profile Picture Abby, 8/10/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We used Jaci for our engagement and wedding photos. We took our engagement photos in Barnegat, NJ. I am in love. The photos are beautiful; exactly what we wanted!! I have to mention, my then fiance and I got stuck in traffic on the way down the shore and were over an hour late for our session, but Jaci was fantastic. She did not rush the session and even stayed to get some awesome sunset photos! So thank you Jaci!!

Our wedding photos are just as beautiful. Jaci was able to capture hundreds of photos without ever making us feel overwhelmed. It has been very difficult selecting photos for albums for our parents - we just love so many photos!!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Jaci Downs was a pleasure to work with from the first time we contacted her. She is flexible and accommodating to work with. She is responsive to questions and inquiries both by phone and by email. She recommends ideas and offered suggestions that fit our needs and preferences. She was great to work with on the day of our event and made the task of smiling and posing for a million pictures fun! She captured so many important moments of the day and looking through her pictures was as good as reliving each memory

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/13/13, 1 Review