J.T. Michaels Entertainment Reviews

30 | Columbus, OH

30 Reviews for J.T. Michaels Entertainment

Mike · Married on 09/07/2014

If you are looking for a professional, affordable, high quality DJ for your wedding or event, look no further than JT Michaels! JT Michaels served as the DJ for our wedding in Hocking Hills, OH on 9/7/14. If any of you know that area, you understand that it is very difficult to find things out there with no cell service, etc...Well, JT had no problem finding the place, and he was on-time and ready way before the guests arrived! Moreover, the website alone is worth every penny. There were literally THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of songs to choose from for our wedding and the website is so user friendly and well-organized that it made choosing the songs super easy. We LOVED being able to customize our playlist and even requested several hard-to-find songs that were not found on the website. No problem. JT personally found the songs on his own and made sure to play them at our wedding. JT was the perfect DJ and emcee for our wedding. It was small & laid back and he knew just the right amount of energy to bring. He set the mood perfectly the whole night. Without a doubt, JT Michaels took a lot of stress out of the wedding planning process and his performance on our wedding day was nothing short of SPECTACULAR. We had a number of guests approach us to compliment our DJ. A++++ Experience!

Daniel · Married on 06/28/2014

J.T was easy to work with and made my wife and I's wedding amazing. He was flexible when we made changes during the reception and he even showed up at the rehearsal to give us a run through of songs. I would recommend J.T to anyone for any event. You won't be disappointed! Thanks J.T!

Sarah · Married on 03/22/2014

He did a great job, especially considering we left a lot of choices (songs, etc) up to him!

Alexis · Married on 10/26/2013

J.T. provided the music for our wedding and reception on 10/26/12. He was an AMAZING dj! From the time we met him, through any questions I had about song selection, whether a song could be looped to make it through the processional, even whether we could find a bartender at the last minute when our other fell through, J.T. was there for us. He got us through the rehearsal, helped keep us organized when I felt like I was losing it. His music selections were great and his interactions with the audience were outstanding.

He really kept our wedding flowing along. He called the tables to the buffet line in a timely manner, and helped keep us on our timeline. He was able to work with us, too, when we had to move the cake cutting up so the kids could get their cake early. (Kids like cake!)

For planning the ceremony, J.T. makes it easy. His website has a wonderful client area that let's you do all of the timeline planning, etc. I used it a lot! And it helped when I went to make the timeline for the reception program.

If you're looking for a professional who knows what he's doing, who is truly concerned for his clients, and is reasonable priced... hire J.T. Don't think about it, just do it.

Thank you, J.T.!!!

Jay and Alexis

Sent on 10/27/2013

J.T. Michaels Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Alexis. It was an honor to be a part of your wedding. You were wonderful to work with and made sure every last detail was covered. I'm so happy for you & Jaison and wish you both the very best!
  • User3619840 · 2+ years ago

I would recommend JT Michaels to anybody in the C-bus area looking for a DJ. He was the dj at our wedding last week (10-12-13) and knocked it out of the park. When we met him several months before he was very polite and reserved, and we reaaly liked him from the get-go. His website is very easy to use and we basically set up everything the way we wanted it. For whatever reason we waited until the last minute to fine tune some of our songs, but JT was totally cool with it all.

At the wedding, he did everything we asked, and more. He played the songs we wanted and we gave him the absolute authority to play things he felt would liven it up if necessary, and he did. He handled all of the intros perfectly, the toasts, any announcements, etc. Again, without a doubt we couldn't have been more pleased with JT Michaels as our DJ. Many people told us going into the wedding planning that a good or bad dj can make or break your wedding, and he definitely made it a great party. Even some of my relatives commented on how great he was.

My only complaint was that he let my drunk Dad take the microphone to ask the crowd who was Browns fans and who was Steeler fans! Although, I know in JT's defense you can't really say no to the grooms Dad! Just kidding, everyone thought it was hilarious! Anyway, thanks JT, you were awesome!

Courtney · Married on 08/04/2013

JT made everything in our wedding go smoothly. He was also so funny and entertaining. He communicated clearly and efficiently both on the day and before the day. He dismissed our tables for the buffet line making that go very nicely. He also was able to get my big wedding party in order for the introductions! Overall, I was beyond pleased with the music, sound quality, attentiveness, friendliness, and the organization he brought to our wedding! Highly recommend JT!

Sent on 10/03/2013

J.T. Michaels Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Courtney. It was indeed a pleasure providing DJ services on your wedding day.

Brian · Married on 06/23/2012

The DJ did an excellent job and everything went as planned!

Adam · Married on 05/05/2012

J.T. Michaels did an awesome job at our Wedding Reception!! He met with us prior to the wedding for a consultation. He was on time and very professional. He made our event wonderful from the great music to the great lighting. Professional DJ at an affordable price. Thank you!

• F

Felicia · Married on 04/28/2012

We couldn't have been more happy with our entertainment. JT was great and he played all of our requests. We're already looking forward to having him for our family reunion this fall!

Dana · Married on 03/19/2011

Responded quickly to any questions or feedback I had. Friendly, outgoing, and made our reception a hit! All of my songs were played, and he even threw in a newly wed game at the end that was very amusing to us and our guests. I highly recommend this DJ :)

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2010

We were very satisfied with JT Michaels as our DJ for our wedding this past month. He was extremely easy to work with, willing to meet with us whenever we had questions to be answered, great value, punctual, and most importantly, he kept the party going! Between our two families, we had large cultural differences, so we were a little worried about everyone having a good time. However, no worries here, JT played lots of requests, the music we chose, and more! We had rave reviews from both sides of our family on how impressed they were with him. Would not hesitate to recommend or us again!

Christine · Married on 09/05/2010

JT Michaels was great to work with and did everything possible to make our day exactly as we wanted. He was on time, flexible with any changes and very friendly. He was able to accomodate us with music in several locations not just the dance area. Great to work with and would definitely use him again!

Britney · Married on 08/21/2010

We were very satisfied with JT as our DJ. He was on time, professional, dressed well, and helped the night run smoothly. JT checked in with us various times through out the night to make sure things were going OK and as planned. He worked well with our other vendors. He kept the energy going all night. His price is also great - one of the cheapest in town. His online planning system makes things very easy. We forgot to fill out some of it, but were able to email him the info we wanted to add/forgot to put on the site. No issues at all! Highly recommended.

sonja · Married on 08/07/2010

he did a wonderful job

K.K. · Married on 04/25/2009

JT Michaels Entertainment, Inc. did an exceptional job at my wedding reception! They were extremely flexible, allowing for us to change our minds often, and communicated very well via phone AND e-mail (which was big for me as I was planning my wedding from out-of-town)! Our DJ was not JT Michaels himself, but about one - two weeks before our wedding we were contacted by the DJ who would be working our reception, and he (Glen Stansberry) was WONDERFUL! He was proactive before the wedding, extremely helpful before and during the reception and facilitated the evening wonderfully with the "moderate" interaction we asked for! He kept everyone's attention when needed and the crowd dancing all evening! My husband and I could not be happier with our DJ service & highly recommend them to anyone in Ohio needing a DJ!

Gina · Married on 03/28/2009

JT Michaels went above & beyond his duties as a wedding DJ. He was more than happy to meet with us prior to our wedding (which we certainly appreciated). He spoke to us by phone numerous times to go over the details which really eased our minds.

On our wedding day, we didn't have to worry about the entertainment because we knew we had gone with the very best. It's a really good feeling knowing that your DJ is going to show up, let me tell you. And you'd think that we would have paid a lot of money for him, but his rates were very reasonable!

We would highly recommend JT Michaels Entertainment and we're happy to provide a reference for him. Thanks!

Abbie · Married on 06/10/2017

My husband and I hired JT to provide music for our wedding ceremony and reception last month. We were very impressed by his thoroughness and professionalism! We were looking for an affordable DJ who would play the music we like without a lot of hype and he fit the bill. We appreciated the opportunity to make changes to our playlists via his website throughout the course of our wedding planning process. There were a couple of questionable music selections during our reception, but we can only blame ourselves as we didn't really offer much in the way of a "don't play" list. He was more than accommodating! All in all, we were very pleased with our decision to hire JT and would recommend his services to others.

Ashley · Married on 08/08/2015

JT was a great DJ to work with for my wedding. He was by far the vest value in the area because we did not need all of the lights and special effects that you pay for with a lot of other DJs. We wanted someone who would come in and play music but otherwise not be the center of attention and he did that!

Sally · Married on 05/01/2010

3.5

One of the least expensive DJs I found while browsing the internet and still did everything a DJ should do! He announced the wedding party and all of the special events (cake cutting, first dance, etc) and kept the reception moving along. He played all of the song requests (and there were a lot of them!) which was great. Whenever I would contact him before the wedding (via email or phone), he would respond right away. There was a lot of feedback on the microphones when the toasts were being made which was annoying. He changed the batteries and fiddled around on his speakers, but it didn't work. My husband said it was because the DJ had his cell phone in his pocket which was messing up the sound. Hard to say if that was the reason, but that's really the only complaint we had.

Saundra · Married on 05/23/2009

His rates were great, like half of what many DJs want, and the online system for picking songs, planning, etc. was also neat. We told him we wanted a low-key guy without a lot of cheesy attitude, and he delivered. There were some songs I did want to hear that didn’t get played and the mic he provided for the ceremony gave us some issues, but overall, a good job, especially for the money.

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/10/2011

3.5

During our planning process, we only had one phone call with JT. The online song selection program provided most of the information we would have discussed, so we weren't that worried. We also emailed back and forth several times. However, he said he was coming to the rehearsal to talk through the final details, but he did not show up and we did not hear from him until the next day, just a few hours before the wedding. He stopped by the bridal suite about 30 minutes before the ceremony to make sure we were on the same page, which I appreciated. He did play all of the songs that we requested and also took requests from our guests, which they loved. He played the music for our ceremony too, and it was a smooth transition into the cocktail hour then the reception. Overall, the night went well, I just wish we had better communication prior to the wedding day.

• The Future Mrs. Clifton

Erica · Married on 10/16/2010

JT provided a great atmosphere for the evening. His interaction level was just what we had wanted from our DJ. And I especially liked the online planning tool on his website. It allows you to pick what songs you want, and enter all information needed for that evening. Very useful. Best of all, he is very reasonably priced!

Angie · Married on 10/11/2013

4.2
      2.5

We hired JT for are wedding and he did a great job. My wedding was very small and we wanted a dj because are kids love to dance. At the end of the night my children had a blast and that's what mattered to us. I had trouble choosing music for my ceremony so the night of my rehearsal (when I met JT for the first time) I ended up saying the heck with it, play whatever you feel is good music because I could see he was frustrated that I had not picked out all of my ceremony music. At the end of my wedding I was very happy with the songs he played.
    The only regrets I have is not getting to meet/talk with JT prior to my rehearsal and wedding. When we were suppose to meet the first time he wrote the wrong date down, he did give me a discount for this which I appreciated. But then when we set up a time to talk a week before my wedding he wrote down the wrong date again. I understand life happens and at the end of the day JT came through on are wedding day and that's what matters.

Sent on 10/23/2013

J.T. Michaels Entertainment's reply:

It was a pleasure providing DJ services on your wedding day. I had a blast! I'm sorry you felt I was disappointed or frustrated because you didn't choose music for your ceremony, because I wasn't. Wedding DJ's can always play the "standard" ceremony music that's most commonly played...and your wedding planner said you were happy with really anything. Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of your special day!

Sara · Married on 09/06/2009

3.6
      3.0

He broke my toasting flutes!!!

Besides that everything was good.

Jamie · Married on 08/16/2008

3.6
      3.0

The DJ was a sub-contractor from the main DJ, JT Michaels. I was not aware of this until the night of the event. He did a good job playing music, but could have been more active.