J. Scott Catering Reviews

112 | Malvern, PA

112 Reviews for J. Scott Catering

1 User photo

Julianne · Married on 01/18/2014

The team at J. Scott Catering is made up of dedicated professionals whose collective goal is to give you the wedding of your dreams. From start to finish they offer support, guidance and experience at every step of this memorable event. My husband and I had a very clear vision for our wedding and with the help of J. Scott Catering we were able to sit back and relax on our big day, knowing that every detail would be seen to with care. If you are looking for the full package, J. Scott Catering delivers 100%.

Having worked in catering, the food was a particularly important part of our wedding. The executive chef’s menus were unique and offered us many options. Having a winter wedding, we opted for the legendary (among our guests at least) braised short ribs and mustard crusted salmon fillet. Attention was paid not only to the taste but to the appearance of each dish, even down to the passed hors d’oeuvre plates, dressed with our wedding colors. They focused on making our wedding unique to us and not just pumping out the cookie cutter packages offered by so many other caterers.

J. Scott has a great bar setup, with skilled bartenders who mix drinks with speed and precision; essential for a group of 175 thirsty guests. There was hardly ever a line and with a dedicated bridal party attendant, my husband and I along with immediate family and those in the bridal party, never had to wait for anything.

The day ran so smoothly, without a single hitch, thanks to the wonderful team at J. Scott Catering. Our goal was to enjoy our wedding and from the moment we started planning to the last guest left, it was more than we could have ever hoped for.

Sent on 06/19/2014

Fantastic food! Wonderful staff. You definitely get the full service treatment! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Overall, J. Scott Catering provided great service for our wedding. The food was excellent. They had a diverse selection to choose from and were able to make a custom appetizer for us. We liked that the choices weren't typical wedding food. They really listened to their clients and tailor the menu to your tastes. The staff was courteous, prompt, and professional. Working with Kristen was a big help. It was nice that they had a wedding planner on staff to help things run smoothly. The only issue was they sent the wrong china and linens the day of the wedding. However, we called Kristen and she was able to fix the situation that morning. I would strongly recommend J. Scott to a friend.

Sent on 04/20/2014

Gary · Married on 10/19/2013

J. Scott did an excellent job on our recent wedding. We had a wonderful event at the Phoenixville Foundry with over 300 guests. The food was top notch and the service was 1st class. We highly recommend Scott and his team and we will continue to use J. Scott for our events going forward.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Laura · Married on 09/20/2013

We were so incredibly pleased with J. Scott Catering for our wedding! We could've have asked for better service. From the moment we met Scott, we knew we'd be in good hands. He was very professional and organized in his presentation of the quality of their work. We were initially set up with one of his associates but partway through planning, a new associate was assigned to us when the first had to leave for personal matters - this transition was very smooth and we really enjoyed working with both women. Kristen G. was such a pleasure to work with - she was so enthusiastic about every aspect of planning our wedding and always made us feel like we were in good hands. Everything went really smoothly the day of the wedding! The food was amazing (actually better than it was for our tasting) - especially the filet of beef - it was cooked to perfection and we got so many rave reviews! The bartenders did a great job and there were waiters that were dedicated to ensuring that my husband and I always had a drink in our hands - the same was true for our parents. We were all very impressed. I think the best part about the night was when we surprised our guests with a cheesesteak grill at the end of the reception - I think an already great wedding was made legendary at that point. We still here about how excited everyone was with the late night cheesesteaks. You can't go wrong with the J. Scott team handling your wedding - they ensure that all your vendors have everything they need and that everything throughout the night runs smoothly.

Sent on 10/12/2013

This was the second wedding we have used J. Scott for the catering. Both times the food was excellent. We received many compliments from our guests. This wedding was a buffet and the display of the food for the wedding "barbecue" was incredible, not your typical display. The staff was also very accommodating when the morning of the event we decided to move the ceremony inside due to the heat. They flipped the room during cocktails. I would highly recommend J. Scott for a wedding or any other event.

Sent on 07/14/2013

P · Married on 05/25/2013

J Scott Catering was fantastic! They were very professional,in all aspects of their business. E mails were answered promptly. They offered many food options and were more than willing to customize our menu. We had a few people with severe allergies and they accomadated them and also some special menu requests.
    Some guest comments included; the meals for the entire table arrived at once, and they were hot, there was plenty of food, loved the hor d'orves, waitstaff were professional and pleasant.
    Kristen and Scott were great.
    I would definately recommend J Scott Catering .

Sent on 06/01/2013

Gayle and George · Married on 03/16/2013

Scott, You and your staff are the best. Every parent's dream is to have the perfect wedding for their daughter. And just when we thought it couldn't get any better, it did. You helped to make Gina and Andy's reception at the Foundry something none of us will ever forget. Your staff was exceptional and service superb. It was fun to watch the line of servers bringing food to each table and unvieling every beautifully plated entree at the same time. The bar tenders were great, friendly and professional. And all of the food was delicious for the tongue and the eyes. All we can say is "Thank you, thank you, thank you." A wonderful couple couple and J Scott, perfect together.

Sent on 03/19/2013

Kelly · Married on 01/12/2013

We had a great experience with J. Scott Catering! We had some unique ideas about the menu for our wedding and J. Scott worked with us through the kinks in order to make our meal fantastic. We received a lot of compliments on the food throughout the night. Dawn was great to work with through the planning process. She was patient and flexible. She was willing to help us execute some of the homemade details that we included (like setting up and lighting luminaries outside the venue). The night of the wedding, Dawn and the J. Scott team made sure our timeline ran on (and in our case ahead!) of schedule. Dawn made sure that the bridal party was taken care of through the meal and that we always had enough food and drink! I would highly recommend J. Scott!

Sent on 02/05/2013

Holly · Married on 12/29/2012

I HIGHLY recommend using J Scott Catering. Dawn was our coordinator and she was fantastic to work with. From day one of working with her she listened to everything I wanted/needed and made sure everything ran smoothly on the day of my wedding. My mom had an accident a week before my wedding and was in a wheel chair for the wedding. Dawn took care of her and made sure she felt comfertable the entire night. I was also told by my guests that they were sooo impressed with the staff and how well the service was.

The food was also amazing. We had no regrets and were so glad we went with J Scott!

Sent on 01/24/2013

I cannot thank J Scott enough for the phenomenal job they did with our wedding. The food was absolutely exquisite! My family and our guests concurred and still rave about the beef fillet! As if that weren't enough, Scott really took the time and showed great interest in making our event special. We knew where we needed to be budget wise and Scott was right there with us. We changed a few things on him and he was more than accomodating, not to mention extrememly quick to respond to our requests. Scott went above and beyond for myself and my family, and I believe he sets the highest of standards for his industry. I highly recommend J Scott Catering for your wedding.

Sent on 03/12/2013

I recently had one of the best nights of my life, celebrating my parents' ruby anniversary at the Blue Ball Barn in Wilmington. J Scott catered this event and helped to make the evening virtually flawless. The team at JScott turned the venue into an upscale elegant place with the decor.
    The owner personally came to our venue to help us brainstorm the layout and flow of the evening and was responsive to our many email inquiries leading up to the event.
    One of the best parts of my experience with this vendor, was the professional and personal staff that made our event success. From helping to fluff out out pomander balls before it started to serving gorgeous food to assisting us with loading the cars at the end, this team will go the extra mile for you.

Note: this is an update to a previous post. I'd worked with JScott a year ago, and wanted to update my review of this vendor based on the positive changes the company has made.

Sent on 03/11/2013

J. Scott Catering's reply:

Lauren,
    Thank you so very much for the kind review. I know the staff really enjoyed the event and Diane was more than happy to assist. This review really made everyone's day here at J Scott Catering... HUGE THANK YOU...

J Scott was absolutely wonderful through out the entire process of our wedding!

J Scott catering exceeded my expectations! From service over the phone, to service at our wedding! The food was DELICIOUS! They handled everything from the food to all the rental supplies (chairs, tables, linens, glassware, silverware, etc!) It was perfect!!

I honestly couldn't have asked for anything better for our special day!!

I would totally recommend using them to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 12/04/2012

Theresa · Married on 10/27/2012

This past October, my daughter had her wedding reception at Radnor Hunt in Malvern. It was catered by J. Scott Catering of Malvern. The grounds around Radnor Hunt are beautiful especially in the fall. I cannot say enough good things about J. Scott Catering. The food was very good, the servers were professional and pleasant, and the rooms looked warm and inviting. I had one minor concern at the reception. After talking with the person in charge, it was quickly rectified in a calm and pleasant manner. Leading up to the wedding, communication between us and J. Scott Catering was good. There were no surprises with the billing. Even though they have been catering for years and planning weddings is an everyday event, they made us feel our wedding was special.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Patty · Married on 08/18/2012

My husband and I had our reception at the Phoenixville Foundry and you need to choose from a caterer on their list. We looked at and met with 4 different caterers off that list. From the first day that I reached out to J Scott Catering I was impressed. They took the time to talk to me on the phone and explain what they provide and different services and packages that they offer. I ended that conversation with direction and knowledge about what I was about to enter into. Another caterer simply said that they would email me a menu. My husband wanted to check out the other caterers just to make sure we were making the right decision. Three other caterers later, we were ready to make our decision. We did our homework, we talked about ideas, prices and got an overall feel for each other caterer and we were sold on J Scott Catering. The planning process was so easy,they were quick with responding to emails and answering SO many of our questions. The dinner service was impeccable! The presentation was like, as one of my guests described, " like an upscale NYC resturant." Their waitstaff was so attentive to all our guests and especially to my husband and I. The waitstaff took care of me and my husband from the moment our reception started until the end. The appetizers were wonderful and unique and there were plenty for all our 185 guests. In addition to the food, you need to make sure that the caterer fits your style and matches the reception to your personalities. Our guests were "wow'ed" all night. Their bars are awesome!They have these really awesome black bars that are classy and are really a statement piece!The bartenders were fast, polite and they knew what they were doing!!I promise that if you go with J Scott Catering, your wedding day will be everything that you imagined and all your guests will have a fabulous time.I could go on and on! I would be happy to share more if you want to know more..pmary11@yahoo.com!

Sent on 10/06/2012

Kristin · Married on 07/28/2012

J. Scott Catering is five star across the board! The food was delicious, the presentation was spectacular, and the service was outstanding. The owner, Scott, his assistant Olivia, and his team, went above and beyond to make our wedding ceremony and reception unforgettable. Our menu was exquisite. The unique venue decor, custom bar and tables complemented the space perfectly. It was a work of art!

J. Scott's experience is unmatched and it shows in every last detail. They made my husband and I comfortable from day 1. We trusted everything would be exactly as we had planned, and it was. If you're looking to work with the best of the best, J. Scott Catering comes highly recommended.

Sent on 08/14/2012

Claudia · Married on 04/07/2012

Thank you for helping to make Leigh and Joe’s wedding and reception incredible.
    We initially contacted J. Scott Catering after learning that you were chosen by the Phoenixville Foundry for their opening gala. When we met with you and Amanda Dowds, we felt that you understood what we were looking for. We found it was easy to plan the reception with Amanda; she was both receptive and responsive to our questions and concerns. The table settings were exactly what Leigh had in mind. The room was elegant but not stuffy.
    Amanda was proactive in many areas like contacting the band and photographer to arrange food service for them. She gently reminded us along the way of all the things we needed to decide. Her advice was priceless.
    You and your staff worked in harmony with the other vendors, some of whom you were meeting for the first time.
    On the day of the wedding, everything was in place. Both you and Amanda were on site to make sure everything went smoothly. The hors d’oeuvre stations were beautiful and the food divine. The servers who passed around the hors d’oeuvres and drinks were professional, anticipating the needs of our guests.
    When it was time for dinner, the wait staff served everyone at the same table at exactly the same time in a very professional manner. The filet and salmon were cooked perfectly. Many of our guests remarked at the quality of the food and the difficulty of serving 230 guests in such a short time for a sit down dinner.
    At each stage of the event, you and Amanda facilitated the stage seamlessly.
    In the end, we could not have suggested anything that would have made the wedding or reception better. I would highly recommend your company to anyone planning an event. You helped make it an night we will never forget.

Sent on 04/12/2012

Lolly · Married on 01/21/2012

Super guy. Hands on all the way. Delicious food and great staff.

We didn't have a wedding planner. You don't need one. These people guide you all the way. Scott even send a representative to our rehearsal.

My husband posted a review, but I want to add my 2cents. Our daughter had her wedding at Phoenixville Foundry on Jan. 21st. From our first meeting with Scott, we were excited. I was interested in him as soon as I learned of his time with Inn at Little Washington! He did not disappoint. We had almost a year of planning. Every e-mail was immediately answered. Every request honored. Scott handled our event himself and was hands on all the way. From the tasting to selecting fabric and chair cushions, we had a blast. On the day of the wedding I saw Scott bustling around the Foundry. He lit candles and saw to every detail. I even spotted him during cocktail hour moving containers of flowers from the ceremony room to the reception area so they could be enjoyed the entire evening. The bar area had extras we hadn't asked for - a nice (and beautiful) surprise. Food was 5-star, beautifully presented, hot and delicious. We had a double entree and I ate every bite. The servers swept the table with effortless perfection. Needless to say we are so pleased with the entire experience. Scott came through for us and we appreciate so much all his hard work. Worth every penny. Thank you to Scott and his great team!

Sent on 02/01/2012

Leigh Ann · Married on 11/05/2011

J. Scott Catering was incredible to work with! They provided everything that we asked for and more. One of our guests commented that they typically don't eat much at weddings, because the food is mediocre, but they cleaned their plates at ours, because everything was so delicious. Do not think twice about choosing J. Scott Catering. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 03/24/2012

Kim · Married on 10/08/2011

J Scott Catering provided extraordinary service for my wedding on Oct 8, 2011 at The Phoenixville Foundry! I could not have asked for anything more, from the very beginning they were willing to work within our budget to make sure we had everything we wanted from a reception!! Amanda at J Scott knew exactly what I was looking for and was very helpful with making sure everything turned out just right. If I could do it all over again, there would be no other company I would work with!

Sent on 10/21/2011

Christina · Married on 08/20/2011

My daughter's wedding reception in August was at the Phoenixville Foundry with JScott Catering and we couldn't be happier. Everything had such a touch of class to it. Our guests were very impressed and spent the evening & the last two weeks telling us it was the best wedding they have gone too. It made me very happy for my daughter & son-in-law to have such a perfect start to their marriage!

Sent on 09/01/2011

Johanna · Married on 06/25/2011

J. Scott Catering is the best of the best when it comes to caterers in the Delaware Valley. I've worked with quite a few different caterers in the last five years professionally; but there was absolutely no question who would be taking care of me for our wedding reception.
    Let's start with the staff: Scott is a pleasure to work with - he is prompt in responding to questions and emails, he is always willing to work with you to fit a budget, and he truly goes above and beyond what you would normally expect from a caterer. Other members of his team that I interacted with (Juls, Jenny, Rose, Joe, Joanie, etc.) were always friendly, professional, willing to help, and courteous (example: one of the youngest attendees at our wedding loved the chicken satay passed hors d'oeuvre and she dropped hers on the ground, much to her disappointment. Within moments, one of the servers had rushed inside, got a new one and brought it out specifically for her - I heard about this story from no less than four guests). Bartenders were outgoing and able to mix up anything we requested.
    Food: The food is fantastic. We had a nice mix for our guests of passed hors d'oeuvres; bruschetta, duck potstickers, chicken satay, beef teriyaki, mini quesadillas, southwest spring rolls (the potstickers were a real hit). Loved the cheese plate and the mini desserts were flying off the table the moment they landed.
    Decor: Scott helped with the event rentals and flowers - you wouldn't think that rental tables and chairs could be terribly exciting, but the whole venue looked amazing.
    They really know how to pull together a wonderful party. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Kellie · Married on 06/24/2011

J. Scott Catering absolutely created the picture perfect wedding day! The food, service, and personalized touch lived up to all of our expectations and more. Their team was extremely flexible when we were battling the rain showers to have our outside ceremony and accomodated our wishes to set up both options and quickly have their team wipe down the chairs last minute : ) We could not have been happier and I highly recommend them to everyone! They are extremely professional and nail every detail!

Sent on 06/30/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 03/01/2011

From the first meeting with J Scott, everything was perfect! He was always available & prompt to replies. Scott worked within our budget and was understanding regarding payment. My guest are continually raving about the decor and freshness of the menu. The wait staff was wonderfully patient, especially with a few inebriated guest. I STRONGLY recommend J Scott catering for any event & hope to work with him & his team again. Thanks Scott!!!

Sent on 06/07/2011

M · Married on 11/13/2010

The J Scott Catering team did a phenomenal job with our wedding. Our coordinator, Marcel, was very attentive and full of great suggestions. He listened to what we had envisioned and delivered to the fullest. Trying to plan a wedding from two plus hours away can be a bit challenging at times, but Marcel did his best to minimize any additional effort from us. He was very accommodating with scheduling (even when we showed up a bit late to the tasting due to traffic). Never once did he make it about him- always put the emphasis on us and "our day".

The food at the reception was AMAZING- we got so many compliments! Not only did everything taste great, but the presentation was spot on. We highly recommend Marcel and the JScott Catering team for any special events. Cheers!

Sent on 03/13/2011