J. Scott Catering Reviews

112 Reviews for J. Scott Catering

1 User photo

Gordon · Getting married on 08/21/2021

Gordon Yeo

Due to Covid19 we decided for the health & safety of immediate family members to unfortunately postpone our wedding to the following year. Our planner Rachel Brown has always been helpful along the way, but during this difficult decision, she not only listened to our concerns, but worked with us and went above & beyond to help us keep the wedding we worked so hard to plan. We highly recommend Rachel and J Scott Catering!

Sent on 05/26/2020

Allie Hambleton · Getting married on 08/21/2020

J Scott Catering Review

The team at J Scott Catering has been nothing short of flexible, accommodating, and very easy to work especially during these uncertain times. Rachel, and Scott have answered all our questions along the way, putting us at ease knowing our wedding will happen exactly how we’ve envisioned it. Having your wedding at Springton Manor will enable you to know that regardless of what is going on in the world you have people on your side who want to give you the wedding of your dreams, and they are supportive in all of your decision making. From the beginning of our planning process to now both Scott and Rachel have been extremely easy to work with and we are at ease with putting our wedding day in their hands. Every bride should have a coordinator like Rachel who is always demonstrating calmness, and ease in her words. Rachel was excited and beyond flexible to accommodate all our requests. Every call with the team at J Scott Catering has given my fiancé and I full trust in them and we can’t wait to dance the night away in their breathtaking venue and enjoy all the AMAZING amenities they have to offer.

Sent on 05/18/2020
  • Laura

Laura Ryan · Married on 02/21/2020

Perfect Experience with Rachel!

My husband and I got married at the Phoenixville Foundry on February 21st and it was truly a dream! Our coordinator, Rachel, was a delight from start to finish, guiding us every step of the way. She told us that on my wedding day that we would enter as guests and leave as guests, and wouldn’t have to worry about anything that day and she was 100% right, that’s exactly how I felt. I had lots of ideas that I wanted to incorporate into the ceremony and reception and Rachel helped me organize and get me prices from her suppliers very quickly. She was incredibly responsive and helped me keep on track during the planning process. But in the weeks leading up to the wedding she sent detailed time lines and floor plans for me to review and modify as I wanted. The venue and the caterer were both very flexible. On the day of, Rachel and her assistant Charlotte were there to make sure everything was set up, that the ceremony and reception ran smoothly, and that my husband and I had everything we needed!

The whole experience with J.Scott catering was fabulous. Rachel invited us to an open house a few weeks before our food tasting so we had an opportunity to taste a few more items than we would have at our tasting. The menu of appetizer and entrée choices is quite extensive and it was hard to make our final choices – but everything was fantastic. Our guests particularly raved about the cheese board appetizers. The only small issue was that we only provided champagne for the toasts for our parents tables and the champagne was missing from one of the tables, but I was able to alert a sever and the staff very quickly and discreetly provided champagne to the correct table.

I think the thing that speaks the most about our experience with Rachel & J.Scott at the Foundry was my dad, who was skeptical that a day-of coordinator was necessary, said “Thanks goodness for Rachel! We couldn’t have done this without her.” So thank you, Rachel, for making the day perfect for us and for my parents!

Sent on 03/13/2020

J. Scott Catering's reply:

Thank you, Laura! We appreciate your thoughtful and detailed review so much!! Wishing you all the best!

Melinda Johnson · Married on 11/09/2019

Professional, great service and organized!

We had our wedding at the Patio at Archmere with J Scott and we could not be happier with our experience! The planning process was made so simple and was very organized! Our coordinator, Rachel, was amazing! Always easy to contact and answered all of my tedious questions! For being super inexperienced with wedding planning she made it easy! Day off, the J Scott team was awesome! The service was incredible and very professional. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 02/20/2020

Melinda,
    Thank you so much for the review! It was an honor to cater your wedding. Wishing you all the best!
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 09/08/2019

Perfect !!!

We have no words to describe how amazed we felt. Since the beginning to the end Rachel was exceptional. She is a professional and you can tell by the way how she make you feel calm about the process. She guided us from the beginning to the end and she was great. The food was amazing, starting from the o’dournes, the main courses, the dessert, and finally the late bite. Their professionalism surpassed our expectations. We were really happy since the moment we arrived to the moment we left. Thank you from the bottom of our hearth.

Sent on 09/14/2019

J. Scott Catering's reply:

Vanessa - thank you for this incredible review and we are so happy to hear that your experience with us surpassed your expectations! Wishing you all the best!
  • Meagan

Meagan Kenney · Married on 06/22/2019

J.Scott Catering made our wedding dreams come true!

My husband and I got married at Radnor Hunt on June 22, 2019 and we had the most amazing, beautiful day and have Rachel Brown and Charlotte McDougall + J.Scott Catering to wholeheartedly thank! Rachel was extremely organized, professional and kind throughout our planning process and on the day. Thank you so much, Rachel, for all your dedication and rolling with last minute additions on our wedding day. You're the best! Charlotte was also wonderful during our rehearsal, getting our rowdy, excited group to stay focused as well as on the 'big day'--thank you, Charlotte! We thank them both so much for all of their hard work and also for helping us to choose the most delicious dinner options and appetizers! All of our friends and family at our wedding were loving the food and the great attention to detail. We'll likely only get married once in our lives ;0 but if we had to do it again, we'd choose J.Scott Catering and team in a heartbeat! Thank you again, Meg + Andy.

Sent on 10/14/2019

J. Scott Catering's reply:

Megan, thank you so much for this incredible review! We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Rachel and Charlotte and the rest of the J. Scott team. Thank you for trusting us with your special day. Wishing you and Andy all the best!

Maddy · Married on 06/14/2019

J Scott Catering Is the BEST!

I had my wedding on June14th at Radnor Hunt and I cannot say enough about J Scott Catering and our entire wedding day experience. My now husband and I visited a ton of venues, but after meeting Megan Freeman, seeing the venue, and learning about the food options, it was an easy decision to have our wedding using J Scott. We are SO happy we chose J Scott catering and had an absolute dream wedding. We are “foodies” and the food was absolutely incredible. We have had multiple guests tell us the food was “the best wedding food they have ever had.” The hors d’oeuvres were ridiculously good, and we loved our choice of the filet and the Chilean Sea Bass – even the vegetarian entrée options were great. We also chose to have a donut wall, which was a huge hit and would highly recommend.

We worked with Megan Freeman who was incredible – she was detail-oriented, attentive, and easy to work with. We knew we were in good hands and didn’t have to worry about anything on the day of the wedding. Just one example: We chose to order our own small cake for the wedding day – it was supposed to be delivered to the wedding a few hours before our ceremony. There was a mix-up with the order (my fault, not J Scott’s) and Megan sprung into action right away – she literally had us a wedding cake within an hour… it was incredible and the entire day could not have been more perfect.

During the reception our guests used every inch of the venue – we had some people outside on the deck, some on the dance floor, some in the back rooms, and some out by the firepit. The wedding day, ceremony and reception, exceeded all of my expectations – I would highly recommend J Scott Catering and Radnor Hunt for a wedding.

Sent on 07/17/2019

J. Scott Catering's reply:

Maddy, thank you so much for the recommendation and glowing review! It was such a pleasure to work with you for your special day. Wishing you and your husband all the best!

Hallie · Married on 12/28/2018

J Scott handled the catering for my daughter’s wedding on 11/24/17 at the Phoenixville Foundry. The most important detail of the reception for my daughter was the food and J Scott did not disappoint! Alicia worked very closely with us through multiple iterations of a customized menu which needed to accommodate several vegan and gluten free guests. She was available for countless meetings and was full of helpful suggestions. When she left for maternity leave, Jessica stepped right in and we did not miss a beat. And we were lucky enough to have BOTH ladies present at the reception! The food was executed flawlessly, including a custom-made signature drink involving fresh herbs and brewed tea. We heard nothing but compliments on the food from our guests. They were so impressed with the complexity of the menu and how well it was executed. Not to be overlooked was the OUTSTANDING service of the waitstaff and bar tenders. Everyone was professional and unobtrusive. It was perfect. I would absolutely recommend J Scott!!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Emily Norris · Married on 11/17/2018

Our Dream Wedding!!!

J Scott Catering is the best of the best!!! From day one, I knew we would be in great hands. The J Scott team is very dedicated to their work- fabulous organization, experienced knowledge and the utmost enthusiasm! Megan Freeman was our lead Event Planner and she is flawless at her job- very timely responses, extremely professional and so fun to work with! We never had to worry because J Scott truly had everything under control! They had beautiful options to choose from when selecting your tables, chairs, table cloths, napkins, dinnerware, etc.- they really know exactly what is needed- trust me, no stone goes unturned, they’ve got you covered! On the day of our wedding the J Scott Team worked very hard to ensure everything went smoothly and exactly as we had discussed- the day was simply perfect! THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!!!! In fact, we still have friends and family talking about the bountiful hors d’oeuvres and delicious entrees! So for all the foodies out there, J Scott totally serves up quality! I would absolutely recommend J Scott to anyone looking to have a wedding that is fun, exactly what you imagined, and stress-free (which I think is all of us!). I can't thank J Scott enough for helping us create our dream wedding at the Phoenixville Foundry! CHEERS!

Sent on 12/18/2018

J. Scott Catering's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Emily!! It was a pleasure working you all and so much fun!!! I have to say you were one of the most stunning brides we have ever seen. Have a wonderful holiday!

Lisa · Married on 09/29/2018

A Great Experience

We got married at the Patio at Archmere, where J Scott is the only option for catering. What a happy accident! The food from J Scott was phenomenal. They offered a wide variety of types of cuisine - all of which were delicious. Even better, their price per plate was even cheaper than some of the other caterers we looked at for other venues. They were flexible, helping us add and take away some things from their typical package, and working with us to schedule our tasting since we had to come in from out of town. They handled all the day-of planning seamlessly, even bringing my husband and I one of each appetizer when we ended up taking pictures through a lot of the cocktail hour. Throughout the whole process, they were responsive and easy to deal with. Thank you Tessa and J Scott catering for helping our day be perfect!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Sara · Married on 09/22/2018

Talia and everyone at J Scott Catering helped make my wedding day perfect! They were all so friendly and professional and the food was incredible! They were very easy to work with and offered lots of vegan and gluten free options. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/04/2018

J. Scott Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the review! It was our pleasure to be a part of your big day! Looking forward to working with you in the future!

K · Married on 09/16/2018

Our experience was amazing. In the past, I was an event consultant at Greystone Hall in West Chester, PA. J. Scott was one of our preferred caterers. I had experience with them and honestly they were my favorite at that time too. The quality of food, the personal drive of Scott himself as a business owner and the general fluidity and friendliness dealing with their company was always top notch. The guest list at our wedding included several professional pastry chefs and former restaurant owners, so I knew we couldn’t fool anybody with silly over the top catering. They were all foodies! Everyone was impressed and in turn as were we. The entire experience working with J. Scott, including Rachel Brown our ever-steady and organized consultant, was flawless and genuinely contributed to making the day of our wedding the best of our lives! Thank you!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Mary Jane · Married on 06/30/2018

Amazing job by Scott, Rachel and Staff!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/30/2018

Rachel was our point of contact at J Scott Catering and I can’t say enough positive things about her! At our first meeting, her and Scott just let us talk about our favorite foods and our vision for the day. From there, Rachel proposed a menu for cocktail hour and dinner. She was willing to tweak this menu proposal as many times as needed until it was perfect (which wasn’t many- she hit the nail on the head the first time!). She took phone calls, emails and texts whenever a question would arise. She handled my family with poise when we would come in and tell her our different
    visions for the day, and helped us all to compromise based on her knowledge of what works best. The cake, wedding coordinator, and bartenders are included in th J Scott package, so that we’re 3 less things we had to worry about! We had so many people come up to us and tell us that we had the most delicious food at any wedding they’ve ever been to. We ended the night with a cheesesteak grill and it was a huge success! Highly recommend J Scott!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Lindsey · Married on 06/02/2018

Tessa (and Ariane) of J. Scott were truly the glue that held our wedding together. They offered not only delicious, customizable food, but oversaw so many day-of details that helped our wedding day go as smoothly as possible, even with torrential rain in the forecast. Tessa helped get all of our wedding plans ironed out a week in advance so our wedding week was ours to enjoy. Our guests (both vegetarian and non) raved about the food, and we felt attended to all night, with a plate of extra appetizers or a drink never far from our reach. Moreover, J. Scott was respectful of our budget throughout and helped us to understand and anticipate costs throughout the planning process.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Mary · Married on 06/02/2018

We have a wonderful experience with J. Scott Catering, the food was exceptional, the servers were above and beyond our expectations, and the set ups were first class. We had over 225 people and there was never a line at the bar. Our guests are still talking about the food, the milk and cookies, and of course the cheesesteak grill we had.

Sent on 06/28/2018
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 11/10/2017

Honestly Perfect

I got married 11/10/18 at the Phoenixville Foundry and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! J.Scott Catering made it that much more perfect with amazing food, great staff, and amazing attention to detail. They made me feel so special and all night long made everything run so smoothly. You cannot go wrong choosing J.Scott to work with!

Sent on 12/04/2018

J. Scott Catering's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Kari!! You were an absolute pleasure to work with and it was an amazing day! Happy Holidays! -Megan & Talia

Julia · Married on 10/06/2017

My fiancé and I were compelled to write a review not only for J. Scott Catering but for Spencer, our event planner. When we first saw Springton Manor we absolutely fell in love with the venue, so much so that we booked the next day! What J. Scott has to offer at that location (and others in Greater Philadelphia) is second to none. The package they offered us came very organized and laid out extremely well, giving you the option to pick and choose any additional features that allow them to make your day extra special. We were most excited for the fire pits as we planned on having an October Wedding. Unfortunately, a very peculiar circumstance arose a few weeks after we booked our Wedding with J. Scott, one which involved us having to change our date and venue. As soon as we found out about this situation we immediately called Spencer. Spencer went into action helping us anyway he possibly could. In the end we had to let them know we could not use their services any longer, which was a big letdown for us. In this instance any other company likely would have taken advantage of the circumstances without blinking an eye. Scott and Spencer contacted us right away and gave us our deposit back. We were so grateful to them for understanding our unique scenario. They truly are in this business for all the right reasons. In this day and age that is almost unheard of to receive such great customer service. Although my fiancé and I will not be using J. Scott Catering or Spencer (the best event planner there is), I would highly recommend using their services. They are nothing but true professionals and an absolute delight to work with. We hope to work with them in another capacity in the future.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Kathryn · Married on 09/15/2017

A huge thank you to Jessica, Alicia, and the staff at J Scott catering for doing an amazing job on our wedding day! The food was superb, many of our guest commented that it was the best food that they had ever had at a wedding, and some of them made a point to take business cards before they left. Not only do they have extensive options on their menu, but the preparation is spot on and delicious. They were able to meet with us in the evenings around our work schedules for all of the planning, they were very responsive to messages, and they were clearly focused on creating the special day that we envisioned. We couldn’t have asked for better food or service, thank you!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Kathy · Married on 06/25/2017

The Manor House At Springton Farm is a beautiful and versatile venue to host any celebration.

J. Scott Catering's expertise in creating an amazing party to celebrate our son Michael and wife Jess's recent wedding made it easy to plan.

The team could not have been more gracious, accommodating and fun to work with. Alicia, Jess and Jessica were always nearby making sure everything ran smoothly. The chefs, servers, bartender, golfcart tour guide and security supervisor were all amazing.
    Everyone was so impressed with the food, presentation and beautiful ambiance you provided. Springton Manor is the perfect venue for any event. The large tent afforded everyone a beautiful view of the fields with barn and animals in the distance. The historic house is beautiful. We added photographs and personal touches to make it uniquely our own celebration.

The dessert table was set up in the dining room under the chandelier in front of the large fireplace. With the votive candles and pedestal stands, it was stunning.

Lawn games were a big hit and the golf cart tours around the beautiful grounds were memorable for everyone. The grounds are perfect for the Treasure Hunt I planned.

Our friends and family had a wonderful time, thanks to J. Scott Catering and their team.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Bonnie · Married on 04/28/2017

We were thrilled with the quality of the service, the food (rave reviews from all attendees!), and the people (Amy was fantastic).

Sent on 05/08/2017

S · Married on 01/15/2017

I admit that I was super nervous about booking a caterer before tasting them, but I had fallen in love with the Phoenixville foundry so I had to just go on faith. Well J Scott did not disappoint. Alicia was super helpful in helping me make a custom menu to accommodate our two different cultures. Their food was perfectly prepared and they were able to accommodate family recopies. We did a family style dinner that was executed perfectly and I heard nothing but great reviews from my guests. Alicia was always available to answer questions and was super helpful when I had more idea's than I knew what to do with. The servers were perfect and accommodated the wedding party, making sure that myself and my now husband got to enjoy the food while we were being good hosts. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 01/23/2017

Gary · Married on 11/11/2016

Our experience with J Scott Catering was exceptional. They helped make my daughters special wedding day in and reception in November a classy and comfortable event for 183 guests.
    What impressed us most was the quality of food , service and attention to detail. The flexibility and advice that Scott and Rachel gave us during the planning process was also greatly appreciated.
    We consider ourselves very fortunate to have met them through The Foundry in Phoenixville. They are the best!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Maggie · Married on 10/29/2016

I can't even imagine how my daughter's wedding could have been more perfect. My daughter and son-in-law live overseas so much of the planning was done with Alicia via email. So many perfectly executed details and such a beautiful venue. Our guests absolutely raved about the food. With most caterers, I would be a little hesitant to order filet mignon for a large number of people. But after our tasting we were absolutely confident that J.Scott Catering could pull it off...and they did. The other entrees were equally delicious. The venue itself is beautiful and tranquil. We were so lucky to enjoy a wonderful fall day filled with lovely foliage, goats and sheep watching us from the pasture below, lawn games after the wedding and fire pits to cap off a terrific day and evening. I would absolutely recommend Springton Manor for anyone looking for an outdoor venue. They have a great back-up plan in case of inclement weather, so there was no hesitation on our part for booking late in October. Great venue, staff and service!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Kate · Married on 10/29/2016

We worked with J. Scott Catering for our wedding on Oct 29 2016 at Springton Manor Farm, and the food / service blew us away. We knew we were in good hands during our tasting session -- everything was extremely professional, seasonal delicious. Not only that, but the creative and versatile menu choices let us express our personality with quirky options like mini chicken 'n' waffles, Brussels sprouts, beet chips, and a few Asian flavors as well. On the day of the wedding, the food exceeded expectations -- which were set quite high after the great tasting!

Sent on 11/21/2016