J&S Entertainment Co. Reviews

55 | Madison, CT

55 Reviews for J&S Entertainment Co.

J&S Entertainment Co. 1
J&S Entertainment Co. 7
  • Kyle

Kyle Buffinton · Married on 05/23/2019

Absolutely amazing

I don’t usually write reviews but I am beyond pleased and grateful with Joe and how he did at our wedding. Could not have asked for a better DJ, both personally and professionally. Will recommend 10/10, thank you so much Joe.

Sent on 05/24/2019

J&S Entertainment Co.'s reply:

Thank you Kyle! You, Jennifer and your families... actually everyone last night was the best! It was an absolute pleasure working with you guys.

Rob & Bob M · Married on 04/06/2019

We got Lucky at Foxwoods!

My husband and I planned our wedding in just two months at Foxwoods, and a couple of weeks out we were still at a loss to find a DJ with the ‘right fit’ we were looking for. We didn’t want the over-the-top production type company who try to be the focus but wanted more than a solo person who plays good music. When we found Joe, we knew he was the right balance of the two. After checking out his website, we reached out and he did have our date open.
    We set up a phone call to ‘meet’ and discuss what we had in mind, and Joe explained how he usually works. He made us feel comfortable and really understood what we had in mind, plus was able to steer us in directions that would really add to our day.
    If we had to choose one word to describe Joe it would be thorough! From our initial phone call to an event profile form he had us complete, to several other check-in calls and emails before the wedding, he was able to cover every detail that we would need to consider.
    We also went with one of his lighting packages for both the Ceremony room and the Reception. We were able to set up a time with our venue so he could meet with us and discuss where things could be set up, how many lights would be needed, and really got a feel of the space. Joe worked with us to find the right Gobo light logo design to be projected on the wall, and we added the ‘starry night’ projections. We were going for that ‘wow factor in the room’ and felt so comfortable with the choices.
    The day of our wedding, Joe provided the mic’s and sound for our officiants and our readers. He also gave us an audio file of the Ceremony, as we were not having a videographer. This was SUCH a wonderful thing to have to remember the day.
    Then the Reception began….. Our guests kept saying “OMG, the DJ was amazing, we had so much fun!” They were also raving at how beautifully lit the ceremony room was and honestly they were “wowed” at the reception too. It was our goal to have that “wow” moment and we got it!!
    So we can’t thank Joe enough for all his work leading up to, and on our wedding day. He helped make it all that much more special for us and all of our guests.
    So do yourself a favor and check out his website, and set up a time to talk with him to see how he can make your big day that much better.
    Rob & Bob, April 6, 2019

Sent on 06/05/2019

Sandy Willimason · Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing experience from start to finish

My husband and I met with Joe, the owner of J&S at his office. He was the fourth DJ we interviewed and we knew immediately he was the one for us. The pricing was right in line with the other DJ's we met of this caliber. Joe guided us through the entire process, helped us out with song selections for our introductions as well as basically planning the entire ceremony and reception. His knowledge far surpassed the others we had met with. Our on-site ceremony was flawless. The reception was an absolute blast with a packed dance floor all night long. Our family and friends were talking about how much fun we all had for weeks!

Sent on 03/19/2019

J&S Entertainment Co.'s reply:

Hi Sandy! Thanks for taking the time to send in a review! You and Bill were great to work with! You're family and friends made my night! What a fun time...

Penny · Married on 09/29/2018

Where to start? We had the pleasure of having Joe personally DJ our wedding! He was awesome! He was so helpful every step of the way. This was our first wedding and we needed someone that could guide us. He is a true professional. He helped us with the timeline, music selections, uplighting, getting guests on the dance floor, everything you would hope a DJ would do, he did! It was a beautiful setup and extremely classy. Guests are still talking about how great the wedding was...and a lot of it goes to Joe's expertise and knowledge. So happy we went with Joe. Book him, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 10/06/2018

Rachael · Married on 09/22/2018

My husband and I hired Joe for our wedding at the Madison Beach Hotel and he was absolutely amazing. Everything related to music and sound, for both the ceremony and reception went flawlessly. He was fantastic at reading the crowd and played just the right songs to get everyone on the dance floor (which was what I was really hoping for most!). Thanks so much Joe for making our day special:)

Sent on 10/03/2018

Nichole · Married on 09/08/2018

Joe from J&S Entertainment was recommended to us by a family friend. After our initial consultation we knew he was the DJ for us. He was incredibly organized and detailed in his presentation and walked us through all of the elements for our reception. His clear experience put us at ease and when it came down to our wedding day, everything was executed flawlessly. Our ceremony was perfect and our reception was amazing. Dinner took a bit longer to come out than expected and he had up and having fun on the dance floor while we waited! After dinner the energy continued and it was the best party ever! The music sounded great and the lighting was incredible. If you want your guests to have a blast and dance all night, don't hesitate to call. I can't say enough great things about Joe and his company!

Sent on 09/25/2018

J&S Entertainment Co.'s reply:

Thank you Nichole! You and Dan were so much fun to work for. You are truly blessed with your family and friends. What a great bunch!

Cassanda · Married on 09/01/2018

Joe was great. From day one he worked with our budget and walked us through everything. He had worked at our venue before which was also nice. He was super professional and so easy to work with. He did a great job with keeping everyone dancing and having a good time. Definitely recommend him!

Sent on 09/15/2018

Jayleen · Married on 08/05/2018

Joe was our DJ for our wedding on Aug. 5th 2018. He was very helpful and responsive to any inquiries we had. Definitely would recommend. He went with the flow of our guest and he knew exactly what songs to play.

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • Colleen

Colleen Thomas · Married on 07/14/2018

So much more than excellent entertainment!

It can be overwhelming deciding who to turn to when seeking support staff for a special event. Please look no further. Joe was the consummate professional we needed when we started to plan our wedding. Before the big day, his attention to detail and industry knowledge helped us make the best decisions for an event that would be incredibly special for our family and friends. If only he could have been in charge of other departments: when things went wrong with our catering, he took control of what could have been a stressful situation without skipping a beat to help reorganize our plan so that everyone could relax and enjoy the party. Overall, he was great to work with before the event and his expertise and generosity during our reception ultimately saved the day. We cannot recommend J & S enough!

Sent on 01/02/2019

J&S Entertainment Co.'s reply:

Thank you Penny! You and Mike were awesome to work with! You planned a perfect wedding. Happy New Year!

corey · Married on 06/02/2018

We had a backyard tented wedding and Joe did a phenomenal job. The lights he used made the tent appear to have stars and the music had the guests dancing until midnight (they would have continued if we didn't kick them out). I would highly recommend working with Joe as he made our wedding day come together.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Susan · Married on 05/26/2018

We planned a long distance wedding from Phoenix which is difficult to say the least. We found J&S online and in no time at all we had our first meeting over video chat! Joe made everything so seem easy and stress free. We felt totally comfortable in his hands. He explained that he's worked at that venue many times and offered many great suggestions. In the months that followed, we were in regular contact. Joe's attention to detail and his skillful selection of music and guest interaction kept our party dancing all night long. The sound and lighting were amazing and the photo booth was a blast! We appreciate everything he did for us and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to a friend.
    Thank you Joe!
    Susan

Sent on 09/13/2018

Angela · Married on 05/18/2018

Joe did an amazing job at my wedding! He was so helpful planning every aspect with the music and everything went as planned! The extra lighting he provided was also a nice touch and helped set the mood. I received nothing but compliments from the guests on his services and I would highly recommend him for any event!

Sent on 05/24/2018

J&S Entertainment Co.'s reply:

Thank you Angela. I had a great time working with you and Ryan!

Amber · Married on 05/05/2018

I attended a wedding that Joe had DJ'd last year and coincidentally one of my girlfriends had used J&S to DJ her wedding. I found them online and reached out. I'm so glad I did. I worked with Joe who is the owner and his experience and ideas helped us out tremendously. We had an tented wedding on a farm and asked for suggestions. Joe is so detail oriented I think we used every one of his suggestions. He provided the music and microphones for the ceremony which was great. The lighting under the tent was amazing. His photobooth attendant great too. Everyone danced the night away and are still talking about how much fun they had. I highly recommend this DJ!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Amber,
    Thank you so much for the review! I thoroughly enjoyed working with you and Jim. Your family and friends were equally amazing. We did have a great time!
    All the best to you both!
    Joe

Ashley · Married on 04/28/2018

We found J&S Entertainment online and filled out the booking form. We got a response within a couple of hours and were on a phone call later that evening. Joe went through every detail of our wedding ceremony and reception and by the time we got off the phone it was like our entire day was planned out! We scheduled a meeting and our personalities completely blended.

On the day of our wedding, Joe was professional and on-point. He effortlessly handled every detail on our timeline throughout the day. The music choices were fantastic and the dance floor was completely filled for the last two hours of our reception. Our family and friends are still talking about what a great time they had. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend J&S Entertainment! Joe is a class act and a true master of his craft!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Natalia · Married on 04/21/2018

Joe was highly recommended to me by my wedding coordinator and I must say that I was extremely pleased with the outcome of our music during our reception. Joe is incredibly personable, fun and easy to work with but more importantly extremely knowledgeable. He had people on the dance floor that I least expected to be there dancing & I think that says a lot! We had a very laid back, easy going reception & the music (quality, sound, volume) as well as the lighting he put up was perfection!

Sent on 06/07/2018

J&S Entertainment Co.'s reply:

Thank you Natalia! The pleasure was all mine. All the best to you and Mark!

LISA · Married on 10/27/2017

I was planning my wedding in Ct but actually lived in NY. I didn't know any DJ'S in the area but J&S was recommended to me. When i first met Joe i knew this was going to be a great fit. He exceeded my expectations! He totally knew what my husband and i were looking for. We just had the best wedding ever!!! It was 4 days ago and my feet are still hurting.
    My guest were raving about how awesome he was and just a great friendly and fun guy!!

Highly recommend J&S

Sent on 10/31/2017

Beverly · Married on 10/20/2017

We selected J&S Entertainment after meeting with 4 other DJ companies. We were planning our wedding from out of state so our initial meeting was a video chat. We spoke with the owner Joe who was extremely accommodating. We made our decision that night and booked the next day. We're so glad we did! Joe was our DJ and did an amazing job with our ceremony and the dinner reception. Our guests danced all night long and two weeks later are still talking about how much fun they had. J&S was not the most or the least expensive of the DJ's we met with but the professionalism he showed and the comfort and trust we had in the company confirms that we made the best decision. I highly recommend J&S and DJ Joe.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Derek · Married on 10/14/2017

Where to start. I guess like most couples by stating that our wedding was absolutely amazing. Part of what made our wedding truly memorable was the fact that Joe Bunovsky was there as our DJ.
    To ground couples reading this, our wedding was on the smaller side with ~80 guests at Waveny House in New Canaan, CT. The location is of a medium size and allows for both inside and outside areas. Our ceremony was outside on the rear patio with the reception in the grand hall. We originally intended to have our dance area outside on the patio after the reception area was cleared, but decided, about a month before the wedding, that we preferred to have the dance area inside in the main hall. We emailed Joe to set up a call and this change was quickly incorporated into the wedding plan that Joe develops with you.
    Joe came highly recommended by a previous coworker of my wife's. Meeting up with Joe for the first was an easy affair and he came prepared with his research of Waveny House and his own vast experience. We walked through our plan for the wedding and he offered his advice, much of which we used, as we went through everything. From there on out, we checked in with Joe a month or so before the wedding and he developed a preliminary playlist, openly asking for our input and feedback. We did make some changes to suit our tastes, but for the most part we left the musical choices up to Joe. Based on the smiles and non-stop dancing throughout the night, this was an easy decision and we were in the right hands.
    Joe kept the entire wedding on track and quite a few guests I've talked to have recounted a story from the wedding involving Joe. His service was very personal and you will not regret hiring J&S Entertainment for your wedding. They will treat your wedding as if it were their own and their fees are more than reasonable for what you get out of it. Please don't let the 5 star review leave you feeling dubious of this review, it simply reflects our satisfaction.

Sent on 12/01/2017

J&S Entertainment Co.'s reply:

Derek, Thank you for this review. I feel truly honored by your kind words. You and Laura were amazing to work with. Your family and friends are wonderful. Personally, I had such a good time entertaining you all and was glad to be at your service. Enjoy your married life together. You two are definitely a special couple!

Chris · Married on 10/13/2017

J&S Entertainment Rocked our wedding!!! It was the perfect balance of music throughout the night. The initial presentation was spot on and very professional. We heard about J&S from a friend who attended another wedding they did. We met with a few but Joe the personality and the experience we were looking for. The uplighting was amazing and the sound was incredible. I wouldn't hesitate to refer them to anyone!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Christopher · Married on 09/30/2017

Joe is an incredible DJ. I can't imagine what my wedding would've been like without his services. Our initial DJ dropped out on us and that couldn't have been more of a blessing. He went above and beyond on the uplighting and nearly everyone I spoke to during and after the wedding had such nice things to say about him. I absolutely recommend him.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Mica · Married on 09/10/2017

We chose J&S after meeting with a few other DJ's. During our first meeting Joe helped us plan all of the details and create the timeline for the day. On our wedding day, from the ceremony to the last dance, everything was absolutely perfect! We couldn't have picked a better DJ! The uplighting and the starry night projection was an amazing addition. Our friends are still talking about how much fun we all had!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Kelsey · Married on 09/02/2017

Joe was so great ! Weddings and all of the extras can get so stressful and overwhelming so quick ! We had to change our venue 2 months before our set date and also choose a new date ! Joe sent suggested venues to us and made himself available for our new date and venue , I was so relieved ! Our gets keep telling us they didn't sit down the entire night , they just wanted to keep dancing ! From ceremony to intro's and dinner music and dancing music everything was completely perfect . We are so glad we chose Joe for our special day , and you will be too !!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Barbara · Married on 08/19/2017

When we first met with Joe from J&S Entertainment we knew he was the right DJ for us. He listened to all of our requests and helped us plan out our reception. Most of all, we felt confident that he would create the atmosphere we were looking for. On our wedding day, everything was perfect! Most of our guests never left the dance floor all night! A++ Thank you!

Sent on 11/03/2017

Laurir · Married on 08/06/2017

Joe met and exceeded all expectation!

Sent on 08/08/2017