J-Riz Entertainment & Productions, Inc. Reviews

32 | Oceanside, NY

32 Reviews for J-Riz Entertainment & Productions, Inc.

32 J-Riz Entertainment & Productions, Inc. Reviews

Heather · Married on 11/02/2018

Best Band EVER!

We veryyyy luckily crossed paths with Jonny and we thank our lucky stars that we did. The entire night, Jonny and his incredible 11 piece band kept everyone dancing, singing, and they absolutely made our wedding. I can’t even begin to tell you how many guests told us that our band was the best they have seen and how every single member was a total rockstar in their own right.
    My personal favorite, was when I turned to the middle of the dance floor and saw the horn section absolutely killing it while everyone surrounded them and cheered them on. It was just amazing.
    We live in NYC, and Jonny was beyond accommodating with our schedule and met with us whenever we were able to make it to his town. He is professional, courteous, and really wants to make sure that the couple he’s working with is getting everything they want and that they’re happy. Easily one of the best decisions we made was hiring Jonny and his band, you should definitely do the same because I promise that you won’t regret it.
    We also utilized his DJ for the additional hour we added onto our wedding, and it’s no surprise there that he crushed it as well and was the perfect ending to our night.
    Thanks Jonny!!!!

• Andrew

Andrew Abraido · Married on 10/27/2018

Best. Wedding. Ever.

During the entertainment selection portion of our wedding planning process, it was very important to my wife that everyone be up and on the dance floor at our reception and thought only a DJ would be able to do that. Being a live music fan my whole life I knew the energy and raw power that only a band could bring and was thankfully able to convince her to go the band route, and boy are we glad we did.

Jon and his band “The J-Riz Orchestra” were hands down the best part of our wedding! We had seen a sample clip of the band when we were looking around for different bands and we were really impressed by it, but it didn’t even hold a candle to the final product we received. The band nailed every song they played, and played a variety of genres that we pre-selected ahead of time. We closed out the night with a strictly 90’s set (one of our favorite genres) and the band absolutely killed it.

Another reason I really wanted a live band was because I wanted to surprise my wife with a rendition of one of our favorite songs that I used in the engagement video I made for her. It’s an obscure song but the band was able to learn it quickly and together we knocked it out of the park and surprised the entire crowd.

There was great communication throughout the entire planning process and Jon provided us with a timeline that we had all of our other vendors and our venue follow. Every single one of our guests made an effort to seek us out either right after the reception or in the coming days to say how amazing the band was and how it was the best reception they have ever attended. We can’t thank Jon and his team enough for blowing the doors off of our expectations and making the best day ever even more perfect -- we can’t recommend these guys any more highly.

THANK YOU!!

Kaity · Married on 10/07/2018

Any wedding with J-Riz there is one where guests NEVER leave the dance floor. It is the best party you’ll ever go to. Jon makes the planning process not only easy, but FUN. He just gets it and will make your day everything you want it to be and more. If you’re lucky enough to book with them, you will not regret it. :)

Sent on 02/06/2018

J-Riz Entertainment & Productions, Inc.'s reply:

Kaity, you guys were so amazing to work with! We had an incredible time at your wedding, and we thank you so much for putting your trust in our team!!! Congratulations again!!!

Melanie · Married on 09/22/2018

J Riz Entertainment beyond exceeded our expectations! Jon really takes the time and effort into making sure the planning process is smooth and effortless. He puts his all in ensuring your party will be one to remember! The entertainment is amazing and it is a non stop party! I highly recommend this company for any type of party as you will not be disappointed! I already have them booked for another party! They rock in every way! Thanks for making our day special and one to remember!

Catherine · Married on 09/14/2018

I truly can’t say enough great things about J-Riz Entertainment. Our wedding day was @ a vineyard out in cutchogue, not an easy task. From the moment we booked w/them, they turned a stressful planning process into a fun & exciting one. They listened to what we wanted & handled every detail from beginning to end. The only thing that was empty was the chairs from our guests dancing all night! I can’t recommend J-Riz Entertainment enough. If u want an unforgettable wedding than this is who to book!

John · Married on 09/08/2018

J-Riz Entertainment is BY FAR the best in the biz. Whether you need a super talented, multi-piece band or a DJ/MC, J-Riz provides whatever you require with high quality and a positive attitude. For my wedding, our MC was simply incredible. He kept the crowd up and the party live. Our DJ had our guests on the floor the ENTIRE night. Couldn’t have asked for anything more! Thanks again, J-Riz!!

Jenna · Married on 09/07/2018

Planning a wedding can be very stressful but John made our experience so much fun and relaxed. We booked our dj and photography through him. The music at our weddding was outstanding and the photography was just as amazing. John sang at our wedding then MC'ed. All our guest talked about was how great of a singer he was and how he kept the partying going the whole night. People were dancing at all times which is exactly what we wanted. From start to finish this company has helped make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Jill · Married on 09/02/2018

I don’t have enough words to explain how perfect JRiz made our wedding. They are the absolute best band on LI.

Kevin · Married on 08/10/2018

WOW!!! The best decision we made all wedding was having John and J Rizz entertainment as our band! From start to finish, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, they absolutely KILLED IT! We are still receiving compliments from our guests about how amazing the band was and how it was the best wedding they’d ever attended and we owe it all to J Rizz! With the first song, the dance floor was packed and it remained full the entire night. Every song was one hit after another and they are true entertainers! Singers and band members came out onto the dance floor into the crowd and were breaking it down with guests and the horns absolutely blew it away! I must also mention John’s professionalism and attention to detail! Leading up to the wedding John took his time to meet with us, call us, email with us and make sure our every request was met. He created a detailed timeline to make sure that everything went off according to plan. He ran our party seamlessly with expertise and poise in an understated way that trumped any traditional cheesy DJ MC. He is a true class act! Hire him and you will guarantee the best night of your and your guests’ lives! As a perfectionist and a lover of dancing and music I promise, you will not be disappointed!

Dianna · Married on 08/03/2018

I knew I wanted a band for my wedding, and only J Riz Entertainment would do. It’s actually the only non-negotiable stance I took during wedding planning. My hubby and I are at the age where all our friends are getting married and NOT 1 of our friends hired a band. I’m so glad we bucked the trend.

At our cocktail hour Jon performed an acoustic set which our friends raved about. During the reception this band is sure to get your guests out of their seats- they play a great mix of new and oldies - 4 Seasons anyone? My parents rocked out.

They also learned 3 songs of my choosing for it parent dances and our first dance - which was jaw dropping. We choreographed it so the band let us practice a few times during cocktail hour to make sure we got it right with their tempo. I appreciate their attentiveness.

We also hired a DJ through them to spin when the band took breaks and during the last hour of our reception (since we paid for an extra hour at our venue and didn’t want to pay the whole band to stay an extra hour).

A++++++ totally your best choice for a wedding band!

Victoria · Married on 06/15/2018

This company always brings its A game. They truly never disappoint and are always amazing. I highly recommend for any occasion especially a wedding.

Brandon · Married on 06/02/2018

Amazing experience, John went beyond our expectations and is truly a good friend. I would highly recommend him for any occasion !

Stefanie · Married on 05/11/2018

This was the second year JRiz Entertainment and Productions provided entertainment for our annual gala. I highly recommend them to take care of all of your entertainment needs. We’ve already booked them for 2019!

Jackie · Married on 05/05/2018

Where do we even begin?? Jonny Rizzo was our secret ingredient when it came to our wedding night. We knew how talented he was and we couldn't wait to unleash him onto all of our closest family and friends. He put on a true show, exceeded every expectation and was an absolute dream to deal with. We had so much fun planning our big day together — Jonny understood exactly what we wanted, got to know us and our personalities, and catered the entire night's performance to just that. We have not had one conversation with our guests — who danced so much we actually temporarily broke the dance floor! — since the wedding without them telling us, "Your band was AMAZING!" Our response, "We know!" We cannot say enough great things about Jonny — when it comes to booking a band for a wedding, he is an absolute no-brainer. He is a true professional and pleasure to deal with, an absolutely joy to spend time with and, above all, an unbelievably talented performer and MC! We cannot thank him enough for letting us live out our dreams of hopping on stage and closing down the best show we've ever been to :) -- Jackie and Alex Reiff (5/5/18, Philadelphia)

J-Riz Entertainment & Productions, Inc. 1
    J-Riz Entertainment & Productions, Inc. 7
    J-Riz Entertainment & Productions, Inc. 8
    J-Riz Entertainment & Productions, Inc. 9

Ronnie · Married on 05/05/2018

Jonny and his band were AMAZING!!!! An incredibly talented group of singers and musicians!! Very professional and soooo much fun- the dance floor was packed all night- their sound was great and my guests are still talking about how amazing they were .....Jonny takes the time to make everything perfect from start to finish and we thank him for an amazing night!!!!

Jillian · Married on 10/14/2017

I have to say, picking music for a wedding is one of the most stressful parts of planning. My husband and I went to a few bridal expos and left every one disappointed in the DJs and bands we saw. I was very specific in not hiring a "hype man" and simply someone who would keep my guests dancing without constantly yelling into the microphone. Jon DID NOT disappoint! I could go on and on about how phenomenal he was. We had him play acoustic guitar and singing during our cocktail hour and then MC with a DJ during the reception. His voice is incredible and he kept my guests dancing the entire night! We got married 2 months ago and I am still getting phone calls from friends and family asking where we found our DJ because "he was amazing!" I actually found out after the wedding that guests from another wedding at our venue heard the music from our room and crashed our wedding to dance. We wanted super simple for our music but J-Riz Entertainment has everything! I highly, highly recommend them! You will not be dissapointed.

Jillian · Married on 09/29/2017

J Riz Entertainment & Productions Inc. was absolutely amazing! They did the music and photography for my wedding and I couldn't be any happier with how everything turned out. Very professional and accommodating. I would highly recommend anyone looking for music or photography/videography to go with J.Riz Entertainment!! They're fantastic!!!

Marissa · Married on 09/21/2017

We couldn't thank Jonathan enough for helping us plan our wedding. My husband and I wanted a nontraditional wedding celebration. Jonathan truly took his time in meeting with us to get a feel for exactly what we wanted. After meeting with Jonathan and getting his input and ideas on the venue we booked, he was able to incorporate something for everyone of all ages. He truly made the wedding a blast from the music to the photo booth. Since we already knew of Jonathan's musical talent (which is beyond extraordinary), we knew he would be able to help us integrate the right musical fit and he did! We used Jonathan's Then & Now Band which gave our event the relaxed yet fun rock vibe that we wanted. Our guests are still talking about the band and they want to know where they will be performing next just to hear them again. They sounded so amazing, better than the original artists!! We are so happy that our wedding turned out even more stunning than how we envisioned it to be. Thank you again Jonathan.

Ann Marie · Married on 09/17/2017

Jon was the DJ at our wedding, we had a cocktail reception because it was a second wedding for both of us. The music made the party! We didn't tell him much in terms of what we wanted, we let him "do his thing". We found that the volume was always appropriate with dead-on choice of songs, he read my guests perfectly regrading what they would like to hear. He played dinner music, like Sinatra, when food was served and afterward he had the place rockin' with current and popular hits. Both young and old alike complimented our affair acknowledging the music as a highlight.

Jodi · Married on 08/19/2017

Recently got married in August 2017 and had the best wedding ever! Seriously, along with the venue being spectacular, J-Riz Entertainment & Productions, Inc. was fabulous. Our gorgeous outdoor ceremony was so beautiful. J-Riz himself played acoustic guitar when we walked down the isle. The music was classy and beautiful. Jon is a talented musician and we feel lucky to have had him. For our cocktail hour, Jon was joined by a female acoustic guitar player and singer. Jon is accommodating and listens to what you want. He is also is creative and full of ideas. He knows what works! The music we chose was classic rock type of music and included lots of our favorite songs. The music was not over powering so people were able to socialize however, guests were able to stop and listen to the great music as well. Then for the "party" part of our wedding we had one of the J-Riz DJs who made himself available to discuss the kind of music we wanted to play at our wedding. The DJ was able to "read the crowd," and had everyone up and dancing with his music selections. Last, but DEFINITELY not least, we also had one of the J-Riz photographers, Juliet Rose. Juliet was amazing. She came out to the venue a month before our wedding and planned with us where we would take our photographs, in an effort to maximize the time on the wedding day and know the venue beforehand. Juliet is incredibly creative, calm and bright. She made us feel relaxed and comfortable (usually I hate taking pictures). She and her lovely assistant made it a fun and special time. Our family was so impressed with how organized and easy going the photo shoots went. The pictures are spectacular! Our wedding was at a vineyard and Juliet really maximized the scenery and beauty of the venue and incorporated this in our photos. She is a must have at your wedding! J-Riz entertainment is a one stop shopping company for music and photography. Whatever you imagine your wedding to be, J-Riz Entertainment will make it happen!

Gianna · Married on 02/17/2017

Jon and J-Riz Entertainment & Productions, Inc. are wonderful! My husband and I were married last week (2/17/2017) and Jon and his band were outstanding. Our guests danced ALL night long and had a blast! The band members are very interactive and extremely talented. They played a wide variety of songs that kept everyone up and moving, from my younger guests to my 93 year old grandma. Everyone keeps telling me how wonderful and awesome the band was that night! Jon also arranged for our ceremony and cocktail hour music (acoustic guitar for ceremony and piano for cocktail hour), which was wonderful. The band learned our wedding song and the father of bride/bride song perfectly and without hesitation. Jon was instrumental in organizing everything with my venue, which helped me immensely in the weeks leading up to the wedding. On the day of the wedding, when the floral decorators realized the floor plan they had didn't match the actual layout of the tables in the ballroom, Jon stepped in with the maitre'd of my venue to help redo the placement of certain floral centerpieces to keep the room looking balanced and beautiful. Finally, we used J-Riz Entertainment to book our photo booth as well, and it was great; another fun addition to the night! I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Jon and J-Riz Entertainment! It was a wonderful day thanks in large part to them, and we will never forget it!

Nicole · Married on 10/29/2016

The best decision we made for our wedding day was to have J Riz Entertainment & Productions running the show...HANDS DOWN! Great music and finding the right entertainment vendor was our top priority for the wedding from the start. Considering my husband and I have a very eclectic taste in music and had a very specific vision for the entertainment we wanted at the wedding...Jon really had his work cut out for him. Luckily, our wedding was PERFECT and we have mostly Jon to thank for that! Jon took our insane dreams of having both acoustic jams and hoodrat music at our wedding and BLEW EVERYONE AWAY! Jon played acoustic instrumentals for our ceremony, performed acoustic songs during the cocktail hour, and MC'ed our reception along with the most amazing DJ (which he provided for us). The dance floor was packed the entire night (even my 83 year old aunt lost her shoes and said she has never had that much fun)!

Beyond Jon being the driving force behind our amazing entertainment that night, he also played a tremendous role in planning, coordinating and managing the event in its entirety. Jon provided us with so much support and worked so hard to ensure that every aspect of our wedding, from lighting to the timeline, was perfect and according to our vision/wants. The entire process was seamless and Jon was truly a pleasure to work with.

Jon has such unparalleled talent, which is only exceeded by his genuine kindness, quality service and professionalism. Anyone looking for event entertainment or just need a dude to serenade you and your loved ones all night.. look no further and thank me later!

Jon, You are the GOAT (greatest of all time, in case that phrase is too thug and progressive for you)! Thank you for everything!

mariel · Married on 10/22/2016

Jon is the absolute best. We planned our wedding in like 3 months and had no music, or dj, or any clue what we were going to do. My mom heard him playing one night and got his info. Thank god he was available on our wedding day. He took care of all of our music needs and made me feel totally safe and calm from start to finish. I really didn't even have to think (which was great for me because I Am not the wedding planner kind of bride) He just gets it and made everything go smoothly. Plus he is an insanely talented musician. He knows his music and had our guests dancing at the perfect times, doing the hora , Our first dance, cutting the challah, cutting the cake. Literally perfect . He's fairly priced , professional and a sweetheart ! Small weddings , big weddings , bands ,DJ's whatever you need, he's the man . You won't be sorry!!

kara · Married on 09/17/2016

J-Riz Entertainment went above and beyond for our wedding. Honestly, it was the best decision we made the whole wedding process. Every single one of our guests called / wrote / emailed after the wedding to say how much they loved the band. From the music choices to the flow of the night, it was absolutely perfect -- and they're such pros I was able to take a step back (not easy for a control freak like me!) and let them take the reigns, knowing it would be exactly what we wanted. Everyone was on their feet the ENTIRE night! I would recommend J-Riz Orchestra to anyone!!