J&R Photography Reviews

J&R Photography 1
J&R Photography 2
J&R Photography 3
J&R Photography 4

Jenn & Ro are wonderful photographers, people and professional artists. Jenn & Ro did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos and I could not have asked for better photos. They were responsive and delivered their work early both times. The quality of the photos are fantastic and I'm happy we made the decision to hire them for our big day.

Sent on 07/01/2016

Alicia · Married on 10/17/2015

The moment Andrew and I met Jenn and Ro we knew immediately they were the ones we wanted to take our wedding photos. Not only did their gorgeous pictures impress us but also their attention to detail is beyond compare.

Having never had our photos professionally taken before, it was important to us to find photographers who would guide us and not make us feel like two deer in headlights on our wedding day. None of the studios we interviewed before them could even promise us the level of comfort we felt with Jenn and Ro. In fact, the studios we visited made us feel pressured and that was something we knew we didn’t want.

Being around Jenn and Ro you can feel how much love they have for the work that they do and their love for each other. They put their heart and soul into everything and that's a quality in people we commend. They were quick to respond to every question or concern that we had. I can't begin to tell you how incredibly helpful they were. They are organized, a joy to work with and FUN! They are truly a pleasure. Andrew and I will never forget how special they made us feel on our wedding day and we will forever admire their incredible passion and dedication. We are truly blessed to have met them.

We highly recommend Jenn and Ro for your special day. You will not be disappointed in any way. Their quality of their work is superb.

Thank you, Jenn and Ro! You're wonderful and we hope to work with you again in the future.
    Love, Alicia and Andrew

Sent on 12/30/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/03/2015

Jenn and Ro were recommended to us by a friend who has know Jenn since middle school. When we hired them to do our engagement photos I had already hired a photographer for our wedding. When they came to our house to do engagement photos we realized that they had also taken our first photo of us with our dog when we adopted him! We loved our engagement photos so much that we actually cancelled our other photographer and hired them! And I am beyond thrilled with what we got back. We got married during hurricane Joaquin but even though it rained all day and outside pics were out of the question they were able to use the venue in ways I never imagined. They were super flexible and I felt so comfortable with them that our photos came out awesome! We got out photos back less than a month after our wedding(even when they were doing multiple weddings a weekend) and I have gotten nothing but compliments! Jenn and Ro rock!!!!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/03/2015

Jenn and Ro are amazing!!!! My MOH entered a raffle on facebook for a free portrait session and won. When she said that she wanted to transfer the session to me and fiance they gave us both a free session! When we went to the session we fell in love with them! We had another photographer booked and I gave up my deposit to book them, you only get one chance at amazing wedding photos after all. Jenn and Ro were the perfect balance of being there for the important moments but not invasive on our big day. My husband can be a little camera shy and they made both of us feel so comfortable. They are also really quick to get you your photos back...we had over a thousand pictures back from our wedding in less than a month!Hire them!!!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Joanna · Married on 09/26/2015

Using J&R Photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Jenn and Ro are incredibly talented artists who captured our wedding in the most stunning photos. They are also such kind, lovely people and fit in seamlessly on our day. I can't wait to have another occasion to use them again. We would recommend them without reservation to anyone!!!!

The long story:
    We initially booked a different wedding photographer who was a family friend but had a terrible experience working with that vendor. ONE MONTH before our wedding we were forced to find another photographer. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it led us to Jenn and Ro. They were unbelievably accommodating and did everything they could to make the process of finding a photographer at the last minute stress free. They met with us several times, always tailoring our meetings to what was convenient for us. They felt like old friends, so friendly and open. We had some very demanding parents and Jenn and Ro were able to take into account all of their needs as well, going above and beyond to order printed proofs for them and ensure that all of their desired shots were taken at the wedding. We were initially nervous about having our pictures taken, but they made us feel so comfortable and all of the pictures look so natural. Not only are they so talented and took unbelievable pictures of our day, but they are super fast!!! We had all of our pictures in an online gallery within several weeks and already have our album in hand 3 months later! Jenn and Ro are clearly passionate about what they do and care deeply about their clients and their business. Anyone would be lucky to use them!

Sent on 01/10/2016

Marjorie · Married on 08/22/2015

We feel so lucky to have selected J&R. We received amazing compliments about our wedding pictures -- multiple people mentioned they could be in a magazine. Yes, the quality of their work is THAT high. Jenn & Ro are an awesome duo!

We got married on a sailboat and they did a great job of working as a team to capture the special moments. If you look at our pictures, or other pictures on their website, you can almost feel people's emotions. They are great at hanging back and letting things unfold naturally. They also did a great job of being prepared and taking the pictures we had planned to take.

It is clear they enjoy photographing weddings and the pictures they take are fantastic. Jenn and Ro are professional, easy going, and just a joy to be around. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for an awesome photographer!!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Krista · Married on 08/16/2015

Jenn and Ro were fantastic to work with. They are extremely professional while also being down-to-earth. They were unobtrusive and efficient. Our photos were edited and ready photos very quickly after the wedding. Jenn and Ro were two for the price of one! We have gotten multiple comments that our photos were unlike any others. We were so glad to have had Jenn and Ro capture our day!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Linda · Married on 06/13/2015

My husband and I recently had our wedding photos taken by J&R Photography. We met with several photographers and eventually selected J&R Photography because we instantly connected with Jenn and Ro. We loved the idea that they were a young couple working together to make beautiful pictures. We loved their warmth, professionalism and creativity. Thanks so much for the beautiful photos. We couldn’t be happier.

Love,
    Linda and Michael

Sent on 10/30/2015

Eldina · Married on 05/31/2015

I met Jenn & Ro at the Staten Island Wedding Expo back in January & I was lucky and blessed enough to book an engagement shoot with them! We met at Central Park on a warm beautiful but, of course as Central Park is, crowded and busy day! They are both so professional and easy going that the shoot was a breeze. They had a great vision on how to shoot each picture and made it as comfortable as possible for my fiance who is very anti-PDA haha! So stealing kisses was a plus for me! I would highly recommend them for any kind of event you may have because they are truly a great couple both personally and professionally!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/25/2014

Jenn and Ro are the best. I went to school with Jenn so it made sense to pick someone I knew for my wedding pictures and they exceeded everyones expectations. Our engagement shoot was so much fun and the pictures are gorgeous. Our wedding pictures are amazing I honestly can't pick a favorite. We loved them so much we had Jenn and Ro do family pictures after our son was born and his cake smash. With Jenn and Ro you get so much more then just pictures you get the sweetest nicest funnest couple to hang out with. I have recommended them anytime someone is looking for a photographer.

Sent on 08/21/2016

Lisa · Married on 10/18/2014

My husband and I (and friends and family) could not be more impressed with the photos Jenn and Ro shot for our wedding. From the minute we met them to the finalizing of details to the day of the big event these two were consummate professionals, extremely persnickety, and very personable (even laughing at my husband's bad jokes). Aside from the artistic talent and skill evident in their work this husband and wife team was completely unobtrusive, un-invasive, and inconspicuous throughout the entire day. Most of the time we didn't even realize they were shooting. In looking at pictures, with every advance of the online album we were surprised at yet another moment they captured. Thanks to Jenn and Ro we are able to relive our wedding all over again (and again). We are so lucky to have such a monumental moment encapsulated so beautifully and so poignantly.

"A good photographer is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart, and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it." - Irving Penn

- Lisa Shammas-Como

Sent on 11/02/2014

DARNELL · Married on 09/06/2014

J&R did an excellent job with my Wedding in September. We were lucky to work with such a talented an professional couple that also fit our budget. Great experience all around. 5 stars!

Sent on 12/13/2014

Marizel · Married on 09/08/2013

They are the best photographers ever!!! Looking forward to when we have our bundle of joy so they can be our photographers again and take out baby pics!!! I would recommend them 100% without any hesitation!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Jenn and Ro were a dream come true. We had our engagement photos done the year before with them, then had a very long day of wedding photos done in September. The photos are beautiful, and I didn't feel crowded - exactly what I wanted. I have referred many friends to J&R Photography, since I know they will be as happy as I am!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Kate · Married on 08/24/2013

All around, AMAZING. Their photos are truly beautiful and unique. I knew Jenn & Ro were good, but they blew me away. They have the ability to capture the softest, most simple moments in such spectacular ways. Besides their work being incredible, they are professional, down-to-earth and wonderful people. They are an absolute pleasure to work with and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Sent on 12/19/2013

Kevin · event on 07/30/2013

They were Awesome. We will Recommend them to all our family and friends. Our best experience with Photographer. All of our photos look amazing. My fiancé and I are very pleased

Sent on 07/31/2013

Dana · Married on 07/27/2013

Jenn & Ro were wonderful and very friendly. They took care of everything and satisfied all of
    Our needs. Great service .. we had our photos so fast and they were beautiful

Sent on 07/31/2013

Vanessa · Married on 03/29/2013

Jennifer and rolando are an amazing team and amazing photographers. They are open to hear your ideas for pictures you would like for your wedding, while giving excellent suggestions themselves as well. Their pictures themselves are always beautiful. I have not had one negative comment on my wedding pictures. They are also quick to have pictures available to her couple. It's just about 2 months past my wedding while I'm writing this and I should have my album in about a month or so. I've had access to all my pictures for the last month and could have ordered them at my convenience. They are always available to speak with and if they are not they are quick to get back to you. I am very pleased with their work and professionalism. I've used them for 3 other photoshoots previously and there was no doubt in my mind to use them for my wedding.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Anastasia · Married on 10/21/2012

Jenn and Rolando make up the J&R in J&R Photography. This married team of photographers captured the beautiful memories of my wedding day on film. I remembered each and every emotion of that day as i viewed the pictures and was truly impressed with the quality. Every bride runs late on their wedding day and I was no exception. J&R maintained high levels of professionalism and flexibility and you never saw them sweat. The pictures were beautiful and although we were the muses, all the credit goes to J&R for their expertise and allowing our friends and family to truly feel comfortable which inspired naturally beautiful pictures.

Sent on 12/04/2012

Tatiana · Married on 10/07/2012

Jen & Ro are the way to go! J&R Photography has photographed 3 occasions for us this year, our Engagement, our Wedding, and our Post Wedding pictures. The images they produce are truly remarkable. During our first shoot, on a windy summer day on the beach, I thought we'd be lucky to get one good shot from our 1 hour session, the winds were against us, as well as our little boys who wanted no part of it. But to our surprise every picture was spectacular. For our Wedding in October, we had dreary weather. Luckily, with Jen & Ro the rain and cold air was not an issue, the outdoor photos we took are a dream come true! They can honestly create miracles with their expertise. Thanks to them we have an abundance of dazzling shots. This is just an indicator of their true professionalism. Also, our wedding was in the evening, and we were nervous about lighting and our photos looking too dark, but our evening photos look perfect and so romantic, the lighting they provided is alluring. Family and friends have told us our Wedding photos look like pictures from a Bridal Magazine, and that's a huge compliment in itself, the photos are absolutely breathtaking. The best photos are the candid moments and all the little details they capture. They are a fun couple and very patient with children, we have two little boys, and although they don't quite cooperate as much as we'd like them too, they have taken some stunning photos of our boys and our family together. They go above and beyond their duties, and ultimately my husband and I are so happy we found them. There are no regrets when you work the best, and Jen & Ro are the best!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Taisha · Married on 09/08/2012

I had a great experience using J & R photography for my wedding and engagement shoot. I was extremely satisfied and in awe with the pictures taken. There customers service is outstanding I would and have recommend them to friends and family. I know they haven't seen the last of my family and I.

Sent on 01/03/2013

Nareefa · Married on 08/25/2012

I got married a little over a month ago at the Watermill in Smithtown, NY. It's hard to grasp how quickly my wedding came and went. Now all I have are my memories and my GORGEOUS pictures that were taken by Rolondo and Jennifer. They are two very talented individuals and they did an amazing job. When I first saw the pictures I was speechless at how beautifully they captured each moment. Every single person that saw them also loved them. I plan to use J&R Photography for every event and I highly recommend them to anyone who needs a photographer. :)

Sent on 09/30/2012

Paola · Married on 08/10/2012

We completely loved their work. They were able to capture every beautiful moment.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Sorangie · Married on 08/03/2012

Our photographers Jennifer and Rolando were amazing. My husband and i were so nervous and had no clue as to what we wanted in terms of poses and backgrounds. They made us feel so comfortable and made the experience feel stress free. They were extremely professional and have a great passion for what they do, this i could tell when i recieved my prints. Our pictures came out beautiful and they captured us in our most natural state. It was perfect. Pictures are mainly what you take away from your wedding day and my pictures are truly breath taking.

Sent on 09/17/2012

Lynee · Married on 08/14/2010

After the original photographer we booked bailed on us only a few days before our wedding, a friend referred me to J&R Photography. This potential disaster turned out to be a huge blessing in disguise. The professional, quality service they provided at such short notice was worth at least three times more than what they charged. I was most impressed with how they captured all of our incredible, memorable moments without being obtrusive or distracting. When we looked through the photos, I was in disbelief at how beautifully they turned out and my entire family was more than impressed. Jennifer and Rolando are extremely talented, creative and a ton of fun to work with, and they do an excellent job of capturing beautiful memories on camera. Go with J&R; you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 12/28/2011