J&R Photography Reviews

J&R Photography 2
J&R Photography 3
J&R Photography 4

Lana Blinova · Married on 06/11/2019

They are very professional.

It was a greatest pleasure to work with Jenn & Ro. All the photos came out exactly what was discussed. They are very professional, flexible, careful.
    All the photos we got from them was very alive, as we had this day again.
    All the guests said you can feel love thru those pictures. They captured every single moment. Thanks for making this day memorable. Thanks for capturing so many moments we weren't able to see at the wedding day.
    Thank you again! We really appreciate your efforts and time!

Sent on 08/07/2019

Duchetlyne · Married on 04/13/2019

The Best Photographers Everrrrrrrr!

Jenn and Ro are a husband and wife team that are talented beyond compare. I am completely awkward when it comes to taking photos but Jenn and Ro made my husband and I feel totally comfortable throughout our entire process (engagement photos, etc). They are able to truly document and tell your story through their photos; which is what we all want when it comes down to it. Jenn and Ro are professional yet down to Earth and such a cool couple. We trusted them from the beginning and so glad we did. My husband and I are so grateful that they photographed our special day. We HIGHLY recommend J&R Photos!

Sent on 07/09/2019
    J&R Photography 5
    J&R Photography 6
    J&R Photography 7
    J&R Photography 8
  • D &

D & D · Married on 03/09/2019

J&R, you truly are the best!

Your wedding day will come and go, but the pictures last forever! J&R went above and beyond to make sure our wedding photos were flawless and natural. They are super organized, responsive, professional, and very talented photographers to say the least. They advised us on our timing schedule which was extremely helpful and listened to what shots were most important to us We had a few plans for pictures depending on weather and they could not have been more flexible and understanding. They are the perfect balance of ‘go with flow’ while keeping you on time and getting the most creative shots! I can promise you that choosing J&R is a must! My husband and I are so pleased with every picture taken by Jenn, Ro, and Moses. Thanks so much, J&R, you truly are the best!

Sent on 06/21/2019

Ashley Quartararo · Married on 12/23/2018

The best!!

We can’t find enough amazing things to say about Jenn and Ro! We met them at a wedding expo and loved them from the minute we started talking to them. The photos in their portfolio captured so many beautiful candid moments that showed the true emotions of the people that were in them. They made the process of working with them so easy and made us feel confident that our day would be seamless. Throughout the whole planning process, they incorporated so many personal and thoughtful things that definitely set them apart from other wedding vendors. On the day of our wedding they were extremely kind but professional, kept the timeline moving, and wasted no time making sure all of the photos we requested were accomplished. They have an incredibly organized system that made a hectic day for us so much easier. They are an extremely strong team and were very in tune with the connections and feelings that are so perfectly represented in their photographs! When we received our wedding photos we were in awe at how many moments throughout the day were captured. What seemed like small moments throughout the night became some of our favorite pictures that represent our day and the love between us and our family and friends. Our relationship with them didn’t just end on the night of our wedding, as they have continued to work with us with any questions we have had about our photos. We loved our photos so much that we are now working with them to have an album made, which is something we were originally unsure that we wanted. Jenn and Ro weren’t just a vendor, they were an incredibly important part of our entire year that we were engaged, especially on our wedding day, and we are so grateful that we found them!

Sent on 02/16/2019

Devyn Wilcox · Married on 11/16/2018

The perfect team for the perfect day!

Jenn & Ro are simply the best at what they do. They were a recommended vendor of our venue and the first vendor we actually met with and booked. Just by looking through their work, we could tell that they loved what they did. Their pictures captured such genuine emotion and happiness. When we met with them, they were so sweet! They are not only amazing photographers, but completely relatable and understood exactly what we were going through, having once gotten married themselves and witnessing so many others do the same.

We left knowing we needed to have them photograph our wedding. They made us feel so comfortable and at ease, instantly. My husband and I aren’t huge on having our photographs taken, so it was very unlike us to have complete trust in two people we just met… but honestly, looking through their work… I could not find an unflattering picture of any of their past clients. EVERY picture is art.

Throughout the planning process, they were very organized and genuinely interested in our wedding and how we wanted the day to go. They offered suggestions that helped make the entire day go smoothly.

The day of, I had so many emotions and was constantly on the verge of tears. Having Jenn there was a blessing, she was not overwhelming and took pictures discreetly as I shared a memorable morning with my bridesmaids and mom! The rest of the day was a breeze, since these two were so prepared. We got pictures done so efficiently and made our entire cocktail hour!

When we received our photographs, we were THRILLED with how they came out. It was like reliving the day from start to finish. Every emotion was captured in it’s most genuine form. We can’t wait to show our friends and family these pictures and someday share the memories with our children and beyond. We would recommend J&R Photography to anyone and everyone. They are so very talented at what they do, while simultaneously being completely humble and kind. We are so very lucky we got to work with them!

Sent on 01/14/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Messmer · Married on 11/02/2018

Best photographers around!

Where do I even begin? Jenn and Ro are absolutely amazing in so many ways. They are professional, reliable, organized, and talented. When we first met Jenn and Ro at their studio, we knew immediately we wanted to hire them for our wedding. They were easy to talk to and within 5 minutes we felt as if we had known them for years. We were very nervous for our engagement shoot, however they made us feel so comfortable right from the beginning. Throughout the planning process they were always there to answer any questions or concerns we had. Jenn is very organized, which took a huge weight off of our shoulders. We knew we could count on them and it was one less thing we had to worry about in the days leading up to our wedding. Ro is incredibly talented and funny. At times you might question his vision he may get, but when you see the pictures you are amazed that your awkward hand and body position turned into such a beautiful photograph. We are eternally grateful to Jenn and Ro for the amazing work they did at our wedding. We are looking forward to using them again in the future.

Sent on 01/01/2019

TOBY · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Decision

Jenn & Ro are the dream team of photographers! They were both incredibly thoughtful, professional and helpful throughout the entire wedding process. Based on their portfolio and our first meeting we knew that we could put our trust in them completely. The little gifts they send throughout the process show their passion and dedication to you as a couple. Our emails were always answered in a timely fashion and went out of their way to accommodate all our requests. I am not super comfortable in front of the camera and they were great at giving direction during our engagement shoot and portraits during the wedding. They were great with time management day of and were awesome with wrangling our large family. On top of all that, the work was incredible! Cannot wait to hire them for family portraits in the years to come! Also, do yourself a favor and add on their photobooth. Our friends and family loved this feature and was a great takeaway for them.

Sent on 02/17/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/13/2018

Go with J&R and Don't Look Back

Jenn and Ro photographed our engagement shoot and wedding and we were absolutely thrilled to work with them. Jenn is super organized and professional - loved the client portal they had set up for our photos, invoices, questionnaires and timelines. They both helped my camera shy husband feel comfortable in front of the camera. We always joke, but loved that they are a married couple - so they can always posed together to show us how we should be posing. Glad we hired them, loved our engagement photos and previews of our wedding photos. Excited to get the full set and relive our favorite day! Thank you Jenn and Ro!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Jordan Abramson · Married on 10/07/2018

Incredible pair to work with!

All we can really say about Jenn & Ro is WOW. When we were looking for our photographer, it was so important to us to make a real, human connection and feel comfortable with who we chose. My husband and I are not in front of a camera much, so we needed people who would help shake those nerves and let us be natural and loose. All the other photographers we met with were all about business; they didn't ask how we met or what we were excited about for our future. Jenn & Ro look to capture real moments and in order to do that, they go above and beyond to know about your life together. From the engagement ring cookie they sent us when we signed with them, to the canvas of one of our engagement photos and then wedding photos to the holiday card we just received from them, we don't consider them just a wedding vendor who happened to show up the day of our wedding. They were an integral part of our planning process and so incredibly helpful when it came to scheduling and coordinating on the wedding day. The next time we can find an excuse to take photos, we will not hesitate to go to Jenn & Ro!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Laura Barrett · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing Photographers and amazing people

J&R Photo was the first photographers we planned to meet with and after sitting with them for an hour we knew that they were who we wanted to work with. My wife and I immediately felt comfortable with them and adored their work. We could tell they knew how a wedding should work so that everything got accomplished as smoothly as possible. The thing we loved the most though is how they interacted with each other and how their interactions immediately made you feel more at ease in front of the camera. I completely underestimated how important your relationship with your photographer is and how they should make you feel at ease in front of the camera on your big day. We worked with Jenn and Ro first for our engagement shoot in Central Park which was such a joy and is something my wife and I look back on as one of the highlights of our engagement. Our engagement photos came out stunning, showing Jenn and Ro’s talent. They made it look like Central Park was all ours even though we took our pictures on a busy summer afternoon. We got to sit down with them a few weeks prior to our wedding and go over the timeline which helped us to refine the sequence of events a bit and make our day go more seamlessly. Their experience essentially gives you another wedding planner who can catch any mistakes you may have made in your timeline planning. On our wedding day they made us look and feel so special and were everything we hoped for. Our guests enjoyed the Big Picture Booth and we got so many fun snapshots of the night even before seeing the final photos. Between the wedding and when we received our photos, Jenn kept us up to date on when we could expect them and they were so worth the wait. Jenn and Ro blew us away with the work they produced, making our guests look amazing, capturing each moment of the night perfectly and making my wife and I cry countless times as we flipped through them. To top it off our wedding album is beautiful and something we will cherish for the rest of our lives. I can not recommend J&R photo enough, they were an absolute joy to work with, are truly talented photographers and even better people.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Allyson C · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing!

One word, AMAZING!!! My husband and I got engaged in February 2017 and were planning our wedding for September 2018. After a referral from my Mom’s coworker, the first vendor we booked (aside from our venue) was J&R. J&R was truly amazing from the start. Since we live out of town, J&R scheduled a Skype session with us to discuss details. From the first Skype meeting we were sold. They were so accommodating with our location, questions/concerns, family dynamic, etc. We immediately booked them and it was hands down the best decision. After booking them over a year in advance, we stayed in constant contact with J&R via social media. J&R even went out of their way to meet and get to know us when we were visiting New Jersey so that our first meeting was not our wedding day. Fast forward to the day of our wedding and again J&R was simply amazing! I honestly have not one bad thing to say, not even a bad thought. All our guests raved about how nice and friendly the photographers were. Lastly, the pictures and albums were absolutely beautiful and flawless. Many of my friends and family reached out to tell me how beautiful my pictures came out! I would HIGHLY recommend J&R to anyone and everyone!! If I had to do my wedding all over again I would choose J&R in a heart beat!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Leslie · Married on 09/07/2018

Just perfect!

Jenn and Ro are truly 5 stars! They are a phenomenal team and made our wedding day absolutely perfect from start to finish. They are professional and FUN. Their vibe is exactly what I needed to make me feel comfortable during my first look photos with all my pre-wedding nervous excitement! They worked seamlessly with my videographer and captured every moment beautifully. They are a joy to work with and I highly recommend!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Rebecca · Married on 08/18/2018

The Best!!

Jenn & Ro are quite simply the best. They're extremely well-organized, reliable, professional, thoughtful, and fun. They have a seamless system with an online portal and scheduled video chats to make sure everyone is on the same page. After we signed the contract, they sent us an engagement gift - such a sweet surprise. On our wedding day, they were easy-going, stayed on schedule, and made us feel super comfortable. They always responded promptly and delivered our wedding photos on our one-month anniversary - ahead of the promised schedule. Bonus - their photo booth was awesome (great print-outs for guests, gif or still option, instant delivery via text, copies in an album signed by guests, and all available for download online). We couldn't be happier that we chose Jenn & Ro as our wedding photographers. If you're lucky enough that they're available on your wedding day, pick them and it'll be the best vendor choice you make!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Rosie · Married on 07/22/2018

I knew that I wanted to book J and R as my wedding photographers once I saw my coworker’s wedding photos. Every photo captures the joy, happiness and excitement of the moment.
    As soon as my husband and I met Jenn and Ro we knew that they were who we wanted to work with. It is a pleasure to get to see a beautiful couple work so seamlessly together. Their connection and love for one another is seen in there work. We fell in love with the style of there photos.
    The are the sweetest, most personal and professional vendors that we worked with for our big day. They were always prompt with any reply, answered all of our questions and had open communication with us up until the day of the wedding.
    Thankful for Jenn and Ro for making us feel special everyday leading up to our big day! Whether it was reminder posts leading up to our wedding so sending us packages in the mail- the personal touches made us so excited!
    At our engagement photo session Jenn and Ro made us feel comfortable in front of the camera while allowing us to take natural candid photos that we adore! We cant wait to see our wedding photos in a few weeks!
    The day of our wedding, Jenn made sure that we took every photo that we requested prior including all of our wedding details so we didnt have to worry. They put our nerves at ease on the day of the wedding allowing us to enjoy it.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Jaclyn · Married on 06/30/2018

Words cannot express the appreciation we feel for Jenn and Ro, but we will try! They are the best at what they do. As soon as we met them, we felt like we were best friends. They understand what you want on a personal level, and wow they definitely deliver. On our wedding day, seeing Jenn instantly made me feel calm. I’ve gotten to know her and doing the engagement shoot made me feel confident that Jenn and Ro make you feel comfortable and take fantastic photos. The engagement shoot photos blew us away- and we used them to decorate the foyer of our wedding venue and for our save the dates. It was a perfect way to get to know Jenn and Ro and see the way they work their magic and take spectacular photos. The process leading up to the wedding was excellent. The client portal helps you keep payments in check, and also allows you to see your timelines. Everything was so organized. Jenn made sure we were specific about photos we wanted, with whom, and any other specific detail shots we wanted. We had a video chat beforehand and Jenn knew the timeline for the day down to the minute, and photos ran SO smoothly throughout the entire day. I wouldn’t change a thing. Jenn and Ro made sure our families and friends felt comfortable. It was HOT that day so Jenn suggested we do family photos inside since we have elderly grandparents and that was so thoughtful. When we were waiting to take a family shot later in the night, we were standing for a while, so Jenn brought my grandma a chair to sit on because she shouldn’t stand for too long. That alone brought tears to my eyes because Jenn and Ro care about you and your families (and your dog- they really Got along with my dog Rocky! :) ). My family raves about them and how they felt like family even thought they just met them. Their photos are incredible, and everything is organized and in place. We wanted photographers who understood the importance of your wedding day photos because you will have them forever. Thank you Jenn and Ro!

Sent on 07/31/2018
  • Steven

Steven L · Married on 06/03/2018

Best decision we made

We couldn't be more happy with choosing Jenn & Ro as our wedding photographers! From the business side of things (professionalism, organization, responsiveness, timeliness) to the perfect end product (we couldn't have imagined our photos turning out as great as they did), they were an absolute pleasure to work with before, during and after our wedding. We will absolutely continue to work with them for any occasion that calls for professional photos in the future.

The photographer was the most important vendor decision to us -- photos are the one keepsake you have to remember your wedding by. We obsessed over hundreds of different options over a few months, and were relieved when we came across J&R. Their journalistic & artistic style, paired with their organization and ability to take care of all the formal portraits we wanted, made them a great choice for us.

We knew we made the right decision when we did our engagement shoot in NYC. They were very flexible and accommodating, easy to work with, and struck a nice balance between directing us/posing us and letting us be natural. They didn't rush us or keep their eyes on the clock (I believe our package included a 2 hour session, and we went a bit over), which was good to see. When you're making this type of investment, you want to know that they'll go above & beyond to deliver the end product that will make you happy.

On our wedding day, they were hands down the vendor we spent the most time with. They're a fun couple, very relatable and down to earth. This helps a ton -- with all of the chaos and build-up surrounding the wedding, they were able to keep things light and easy for my wife and I. Following our pre-wedding meeting, Jenn had a list of every family member and shot that we wanted, and thoroughly and efficiently made sure we got through them all. Efficient is the key word here - you don't want to spend half your wedding day checking shot after shot off of your list. That left us more time to wander around the venue and property, taking the more fun and interesting shots, which turned out to be some of our favorites.

Following our wedding, we got our photos back much quicker than expected. My wife and I honestly couldn't be happier - they not only caught every moment of the day, but really captured the feeling & emotion.

The cost of their services truly was an investment. Reliability, commitment to their clients and talent made J&R a very wise investment for us!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Nicole · Married on 05/06/2018

You will not regret and will forever be thankful you booked them if you choose J&R as your wedding photographers! We were lucky to find Jenn & Ro in a sea of vendors at the New Jersey Bridal & Wedding Expo at the Meadowlands. We knew right away that they were going to be perfect for us! They took the time to answer all of our questions (both photography related and other wedding details). Their packages are flexible, their pricing is reasonable (we would have paid double for the photos we got!) and their attitude throughout the entire process was amazing. They took the time to make us feel comfortable during our engagement shoot which helped tremendously when it came time for the actual wedding. They are fun, personable, and easy going which is so important because weddings are super stressful! Throughout our wedding day our family and friends couldn't stop talking about how professional they were. Our guests barely even noticed they were there the whole day. It's been a month since our wedding and we cannot stop looking at our photographs. Currently we are in the wedding album process (also being completed by J&R) and we can't be happier with the quality of work they provide. J&R were hands down on of the best decisions we made throughout our wedding planning process. We will absolutely be booking them for future photos!! Thanks for our amazing photos Jenn & Ro!!!

Sent on 06/11/2018

grace · Married on 04/07/2018

Jenn and Ro are out of this world!!! My husband and I decided we wanted to fly photographers we knew would do well to our out of country wedding. Jenn and Ro surpassed any expectations of ours. They made us feel so comfortable and natural during such a stressful weekend and not to mention the quality of their photos are out of this world. We not only loved them professionally but they were a blast to spend three days with! We have recommended them to everyone we know getting married because truly they are so talented and genuine. You can tell they love what they do. We are so happy we decided to go with J&R! By far the best money spent for our wedding!

Sent on 04/30/2018

Gina · Married on 12/09/2017

It's hard to know where to begin with Jenn & Ro. Is it that they are absolute professionals that you immediately know you can trust? Is it that they are warm and kind and make you feel comfortable right away? Is it that they respond to you right away to answer all of the many questions you might have? Is it that they work with you to choose the hours/services/products that are right for you? Honestly, it's all of this and more. I fell in love with their shooting style, but the end results were even more extraordinary than I could have imagined. But it's not even just the end results that are spectacular - from the very first inquiry email, to after the wedding while putting the albums together (get albums!!!), you know they will have every thing covered. And, they go out of their way to make you feel special, honestly. We've received beautifully put-together packages from them, with cards and thoughtful gifts that are just beyond the scope of what you expect from photographers. From the engagement shoot to our very snowy wedding day, they have given us images that are truly the best of us, our family and friends. You will not be disappointed. And if you are considering them, first - do it, but second, check them out on social media. It's such a great look at their process (and cute dog!) and how dedicated they are to their craft and their clients. Jenn & Ro (and Moses!), thank you for absolutely everything!!

Sent on 03/26/2018

Danielle · Married on 04/28/2017

We used Jenn & Ro to take engagement pictures because we thought it would be a fun thing to do as neither of us have ever really taken any professional pictures of ourselves... besides awkward school photos, of course. We also need to get my fiancé more into taking pictures where he isn't forced to stand in one spot with a pasted smile on like he's used to. We met up at South Beach in Staten Island on what had to be the coldest October Sunday out of all the warm days around it. We wanted to do it there because that is where we had recently gotten engaged, It was a fun time! I think it helped us loosen up a bit in front of the camera and Jenn and Ro were cool and easy to work with. The photos came out really nice and were sent to us very quickly so we were able to set some up at our engagement party two weeks later. We definitely will be considering them for our wedding next year! Thanks guys!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Elissa · Married on 11/12/2016

Working with Jenn and Ro was an absolute pleasure. They're really fun to shoot with, and they take fantastic photos. I appreciated their style of photography which is very relaxed and laid back. Their pictures don't look very pose-y unless you ask for it, and they do a great job making everyone comfortable. They were also really flexible with booking appointments, working with our families, and putting together a package that made sense for us. I'd recommend Jenn and Ro to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. It's very clear that they love what they do, and it shows in their work.

Sent on 11/28/2016

Natalie · Married on 11/05/2016

We just did our Engagement photos with Jenn and Ro two weeks ago and I didn't want to wait 6 months until after our wedding to write them a review! Jenn and Ro are awesome, we booked them after seeing their gorgeous pictures from a friends wedding. Our friends had nothing but wonderful things to say about them and I agree. They are so easy to work with, very responsive via email and worked around our schedule to pick the perfect weather for our engagement session. The turn around time on our photos was just two days which was an awesome surprise. I can't say enough good things. The few hours we spent with them were so easy and didn't feel awkward at all and I love the way the photos turned out. We can't wait to work with them again for our wedding.

Sent on 05/10/2016

Chris · Married on 07/30/2016

BOOK JENN AND RO. My wife will probably write her own review but #thisoneisfortheboys. Grooms dread taking 8,000 pictures. Fact. I was one of those Grooms. Fact. Jenn and Ro did the impossible, and that was make the pictures fun. They were a blast to be around and super professional. Honestly they felt more like guests at our wedding than vendors. On top of that, they taking amazing pictures. I don't know much but I know that you will never regret hiring J&R for any event.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Josephine · Married on 07/30/2016

J&R Photography ended up being our absolute favorite vendor for our wedding on July 30, 2016...hands down. They exceeded our expectations in every way possible, were most definitely the easiest people to deal with, and are just simply good people! From our very first meeting, I just had a good feeling about Jenn & Ro. They seemed genuine, professional, and loved their jobs. Not to mention that they were one of the most affordable options out of the photographers that we sourced which was another reason why we ended up choosing them as our wedding photographers and we certainly did not regret it! Our engagement photos (which were included in our package) turned out so beautiful and eased any nerves of how our wedding photos would look. We were so comfortable shooting with them and loved how they captured our relationship. Throughout the engagement, Jenn & Ro even managed to keep in touch with us with fun surprises such as a movie gift card to enjoy a date night in the midst of wedding planning, and even a beautiful canvas print of one of our engagement photos to celebrate the holidays! I mean, who would ever expect that?!?!?! And ultimately, Jenn & Ro were so easy to work with on the wedding day. Our friends & family loved having them around and although we heard photo taking on your wedding day feels like work, we really enjoyed every second and it all came so easy. We received the photos last week and were absolute blown away. They are so stunning and capture all of the emotions we had on our special day. I will forever cherish them and am so happy that I have so many gorgeous images to remember my most favorite day by. J&R, I can't wait to recommend you to everyone and anyone....thank you for being so committed to your work!!! P.S. Start charging double! The people will pay if they know what's good for them! ;)

Sent on 09/06/2016
  • Z

Zak · Married on 06/04/2016

Let me tell you we were nothing short of stunned! We, and our entire family, couldn’t believe how the pictures turned out so amazing and honestly couldn’t even have imagined anything better! We were literally living the entire experience over again through these photographs because not only did they take amazing shots but they truly told the whole story from beginning to end. From the rush of getting ready in the morning all the way to the fireworks that ended the night, every single picture that Jenn and Ro took turned out perfect. They even used their light on the outdoor dance floor we had and it truly made the entire reception come alive. Memories may last a while but will fade with time but pictures like these keep those memories alive. I have to say that this was the best investment we made throughout the entire wedding. I wouldn’t want any other photographers to be at our wedding and I’m absolutely certain Jenn and Ro would capture each moment perfectly anywhere they are. If you are still trying to decide on a wedding photographer I have one question to ask… are you looking for pictures that will turn out good and that you will likely forget about in a few years’ time or do you want the entire day to be captured in perfect memories, preserved for all time, reflecting on the true feelings and emotions that you felt on that very day? I think if anyone truly cares about and understands the importance and sanctity of marriage, the choice of having this husband and wife team capture your big day is a no brainer. Thank you Jenn and Ro for capturing and preserving those memories for us for a lifetime! – Zak & Sam.

Sent on 08/26/2016