68 Reviews for Ivy's Simply Homemade

Champagne Toast (1)
Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
62 Ivy's Simply Homemade Reviews

Excellent food, stress free, super accommodating! Overall an excellent experience for our wedding!

Profile Picture Kevin, 4/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Ivy’s was the best decision we made for our wedding! They were so helpful, flexible and accommodating at every step of the way! Sophia was a life saver and helped our wedding day run smoothly. Everyone loved the food and it was exactly what we pictured. I would highly recommend Ivy’s Simply Homemade to anyone planning an event big or small. Ivy, Sophia and all of their staff really know their stuff and we can’t thank them enough for everything!!

Profile Picture Susan, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

My husband Joel and I could not have had a more wonderful experience with Ivy's Simply Homemade. We worked with Karen, who is responsive, detail oriented, kind and lovely. Joel and I were immediately impressed by the professionalism of Ivys in our e-mail exchanges, and we were blown away by our first sit down meeting. Karen put so much effort into crafting a menu that was exactly what we wanted. Out tasting was a special event that we will always remember. Karen made every step of the process more enjoyable, and went above and beyond on numerous occasions (talking through the logistics of the day with us, coordinating with our other vendors, etc.) Joel and I are so grateful that we had the opportunity to work with Ivys-- it was truly a pleasure. Thank you Karen and Ivy!

Profile Picture Katharine, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I absolutely love them! Karen and Ivy are amazing to work with, they're very responsive and extremely accommodating. The food is very good as well!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Italian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

When planning my wedding I was also finishing my final semester as a full time student. It was an overwhelming experience. Ivy's Simply Homemade is the perfect catering company! Sophia was so professional, friendly, attentive. I would have drastically different ideas of food and even if they were not in my budget she would still send me estimates for whatever I had asked for, trying to work in my budget as best as possible. Some of my guest had dietary restrictions and they were more than accommodating. There was someone who has celiac and another who was vegan gluten free and not only did they prepare them something special but made sure they knew their name and where they sat to give them their dish. Both approached me in shock for their accommodations. Sophia was also very helpful in the rentals, how much of something and which contacts to make. When I arrived early she was helping me unload and set everything up with her staff while I finished getting ready. There were never empty cups and the catering staff were super friendly! If I ever need an event catered this would be my go to! Or if I am ever passing by I will stop in for a quick to go!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

5.0+ Every superlative applies!!

Profile Picture Susan, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We can not say enough about how amazing Ivy's Simply Homemade is. From the very beginning, Karen and Ivy were there to help us through every aspect of the wedding planning process. Karen was always extremely responsive and there to help. The service at our wedding, from the cocktail hour throughout dinner and the reception, was exceptional. All aspects of our menu were carefully crafted and personalized, and we were blown away by the beautiful layout and decor of each stationary display and plate. Everything was absolutely delicious. The bar service was handled perfectly, with enough servers to avoid lines and keep the drinks flowing. Karen created a perfect timeline and her and Ivy were there to make sure everything remained on schedule throughout the night. Our wedding was almost 3 weeks ago and we are still getting compliments from our guests on service, presentation, and taste. Ivy's is a must for any event!

Profile Picture Krysti, 10/13/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, American, Mediterranean, Bartender(s), House Beer, Liquor License, Open Bar, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We got married in September. Ivy’s helped us to put together a menu with great autumn flavors. Several guests told us it was the best food they’d ever eaten at a wedding - no bland roast or mashed potatoes here! They were so accommodating, helping us with all of the arrangements with the venue and the rental company, it was almost like having a wedding planner! We are so grateful. A big thank you to Karen and Ivy and the rest of your wonderful staff!

Profile Picture Joey, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Bartender(s), Open Bar

Ivy's SH catered my wedding and they were amazing!!! They offered amazing options that were beautifully presented, tasty, modern, and fit within our modest wedding budget. We opted for the no-heat buffet to save money, and the food was so good that no one even noticed it was not a hot buffet service! They also work with an excellent cake vendor and the cake blew me away, it was so good. Our guests also said the catering staff were very friendly. The catering coordinator, Sophia, is so great to work with. She is organized and seems to have a lot of experience. She helped us with a lot of non-food related tasks, like getting the DJ set with the timing and unpacking boxes at the venue. I highly recommend ISH for wedding catering. They are really out to impress and to make you as happy as they can.

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Mediterranean, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

If you are planning a wedding, hire Ivy's Simply Homemade now! They are hands down the best caterer in the business. I could not have pulled off a wedding for 180 guests without the expertise, caring, and support from Karen Bartelli and Ivy Mellow. They are simply the best. Our guests raved about the food both in taste, presentation and the wonderful and courteous staff who served our guests. We had a raw bar that people are still talking about and a cheese platter that was fit for a food magazine cover. Karen and Ivy are not only exceptional caterers, they are like mini wedding planners. We spoke on the phone for months and Karen gave me many pep talks and tips. I cannot say enough about them.

Profile Picture Gail, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Southern, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Signature Drink, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We had an amazing experience with Ivy's! We started off having a meeting and discussing what types of food and service we were interested in. Ivy and karen then provided us with an incredible tasting. We sampled all kinds of delicious food and loved all of it. They were able to tweak a few dishes for us and the process was seamless. They are totally flexible with their food and will work to create whatever you are looking for. We had to change our venue at the last minute and Ivy's couldn't have been more accommodating. The service at our wedding was seamless. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Our guests commented on how great everyone was. The food was delicious and everything happened on schedule. My husband and I highly recommend Ivy's. They helped make our wedding perfect!!

Profile Picture Laura, 8/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Ivys Simply Homemade was Simply Amazing!! Not only did we get many compliments from our guests on how great the food was, Sophia was very helpful and was there to guide me step by step to get through my planning...they were much more than just a caterer, I don't believe the night would have gone so smoothly without their help! I would recommend Ivys to anyone that asked. They provide quality and professionalism to the highest standard!

Profile Picture Kasie, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up, Vegetarian

Karen and the Ivy's team are the best! I hired Ivy's for my wedding this past August at Eolia Mansion at Harkness State Park and I could not think of anyone better for the job than Ivy's. Getting married and having a wedding reception at Harkness was no easy feat without a wedding planner but Ivy's was experienced with the venue and answered so many of my questions leading up to the wedding and even the night of!

Ivy's food is delicious and months later our guests are still raving to us about the food at our wedding (we had a buffet with a variety of choices). Ivy's worked with us until the menu was exactly what we wanted. Ivy even made adjustments to our pasta dish we tried at our tasting and invited us to taste it again to make sure it was perfect.

What made Ivy's stand out the most, though was how kind and genuine their whole team was throughout the entire process. They made us feel like we had known them forever and one of the servers on the Ivy's staff even helped my bridesmaids bustle my dress in a pinch. I'm telling you... These people do it all!

I whole heartedly recommend Ivy's especially if you are having your wedding at Eolia mansion!

Profile Picture Christina, 8/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I enjoyed working with Ivy's Homemade Catering for our wedding. We had a budget of how much we wanted to spend and Ivy's worked with us to cut costs, and still make our day perfect. We couldn't have been happier with another catering team. They were very professonal and when our big day came they did such an amazing job. They even made sure my husband and I made time to sit and eat in the midst of all the business and celebrating. I 100% recommend Ivy's Homemade Catering.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Clean Up, Set Up

I honestly cannot say enough about Ivy and her team. From the start they are so easy to work with and you can tell they love what they do. Ivy catered my daughter's wedding on May 29th and it was amazing! Not only was the food fantastic the staff is outstanding. Karen, you are amazing you kept everything flowing smoothly we did not have one worry and that was such a blessing. Everyone went above and beyond what was expected down to the little details that made Kimberly's reception extra special. Our guests are still raving about the food and the friendly staff and how professional they are. The presentation of the food was gorgeous with all the special touches here and there. We had quite a variety of food and it amazes me how perfectly everything was done. That just shows what an amazing and talented team they are and the passion they have to create a flawless event. I wouldn't have any other caterer for an event Ivy's is simply the best! Thank you all again!

Profile Picture Patty, 6/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I really cannot say enough wonderful things about Ivy and her team. Not only was the food delicious, but they truly went above and beyond and our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Mike and I ended up losing our original venue about a month before our wedding date. We were heartbroken, but not for long because we had Ivy! She took it upon herself to call every vendor in the area determined to find one that was available for our wedding date. Fate had it that the Mystic Museum of Art was available and Mike and I booked it right away. The last minute venue change was no problem for Ivy and Sophia and the rest of the team. They were professional, organized and ran the day in such a calm and friendly manner Mike and I were completely stress free and trusted their guidance 100%. We had so many compliments on how amazing the food was, how smoothly Ivy and Sophia kept the day flowing and how beautiful the venue was. I could go on and on about all the major things they did for us, but it's more than that, it's the small things that makes Ivy stand out above the rest. For example, we had a buffet dinner so Ivy and Sophia made it a point to prepare a plate for my 90 year old great aunt and 87 year old grandma so they could relax and not have to worry about carrying their plate to and from the buffet table. Such a small touch, but makes a huge difference. We wouldn't change a single thing about our wedding day, it was perfect and we have Ivy and her team to thank for that. Everyone just worked so hard to make sure it was special for Mike and I and we are extremely thankful for every minute of it. Without a doubt we would recommend Ivy's Simply Homemade to anyone and everyone.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Buffet

We had our wedding at Rocky Neck State park, where Ivy's is one of four approved caterers. First things first: the food was AMAZING! Guests came up to our sweetheart table to compliment it, and two weeks later we are still getting comments! Sophia, our coordinator, answered all our questions, gave great advice on how to stay within our budget, and kept us on task during our relatively short planning timeframe. When the day came, we knew we could relax and enjoy it while she made sure everything ran smoothly. Ivy, the owner, was also very present, taking the time to consult with us during the tasting and check in during the event. On the day of, one of the servers acted as a personal attendant, making sure we always had the drinks of our choice and got to actually enjoy our cocktail hour food.

A few things specific to us:
I was on an extremely restrictive medical diet when we signed our contract, and Ivy's committed to making at least all of my food totally safe without compromising flavor. I am allergic to olive oil, so this was no easy feat, and it was definitely achieved.
Our complicated alcohol situation is a perfect example of Ivys' flexibility. My religion forbids drinking, so a fair number of our guests were teetotalers. On the other hand, my husband is a connoisseur of dark beers, and our family and friends of course have a variety of tastes. For the nondrinkers, Ivy's made a great fresh lemonade and virgin mojitos, my favorite mocktail. For those who imbibe, we selected six wines and about ten beers, which Ivy's transported to the venue and served for a very reasonable handling fee.

The total cost we indicated includes food, staffing, tax, and the handling fee, but not the cost of alcohol since we purchased that ourselves.

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/10/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Asian, Indian, Italian, Gluten Free, Vegan, Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Liquor License, Signature Drink, Clean Up, Set Up

Last June Ivy's Simply Homemade catered our family event at The Granite House in New London. We were so lucky to work with Karen and her crew who were always polite and professional. Karen helped us select foods that would work well for all guests, including some with food allergies, and made sure these guests were served the correct foods throughout the day. The food was delicious and the added touches to the tables was much appreciated. Once the team arrived, we relaxed and enjoyed the day. I would highly recommend Ivy's Simply Homemade for any catering needs.

Profile Picture Sally, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Working with Ivy's for our wedding was the best decision we have ever made! We got married at the Mystic Museum of Art and after talking to all 4 caterers that the venue allowed, we knew we had to go with Ivy's because they were so professional, warm, thoughtful, and most importantly fun! My husband and I were planning our whole wedding by ourselves and everything was pretty overwhelming. Luckily we had Sophia who helped us plan every little detail and was always so responsive (within minutes of email response) and just a joy to work with. We were on a budget so Sophia really helped us find ways to save money but not compromise the feel of the wedding. To echo some of the other reviews, it really felt like we had extra family members planning and cooking for our wedding, which took a lot of the stress out of the planning process and made it very fun! We definitely underestimated how much detail went into every aspect of planning, but Sophia was always so organized and kept us on track.
The day of the wedding, everyone at Ivy's just went ABOVE AND BEYOND and our guests (who go to a lot of weddings) are still talking about the delicious food, friendly and attentive staff, and how smoothly everything went. Ivy's was so thoughtful with everything and even did a lot of extra stuff to make the evening extra special (blackberries in the champagne, lots of snacks for the bridal party, special meals for the vegetarians). Our guests had a lot of fun and we were able to enjoy our special day knowing that everything was taken care of. We can't recommend them enough and are already looking for reasons to work with them again on another event!!

Profile Picture Susan, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Ivy and Karen really made our reception at the Mystic Museum of Art fantastic. They were accommodating to our culinary preferences (including vegan!), professional, and responsive throughout the planning process. We were always comforted knowing they had things under control. And best of all - they make great food with great service.

Profile Picture Adam, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Words cannot describe the joy we all experienced on my daughter's Wedding Day! Karen, Ivy and her entire team went to extraordinary lengths to ensure everyone's experience was memorable and top notch. We could not of gone through it all alone and thanks to Ivy's Simply Homemade Catering we didn't. They guided us and supported us every step of the way. They not only didn't disappoint but exceeded our expectations on everything from their smiles to decorating, food preparations and display, serving, organizing, staging, guiding, crisis interventions, presentation and communications. They ensured everyone's needs were anticipated and met, not to mention their warmth and compassion shown in everything they said and did. We felt like family over these past few months and we will miss communicating & planning alongside all of you. Did I mention the food was delicious! Thank you so very much. We have beautiful memories and are very pleased and highly recommend Ivy's Simply Homemade Catering.

Profile Picture Rosemary, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Ben and I could not have asked for a better caterer for our wedding! Both Karen and Ivy were very professional, friendly and very responsive to all of our questions. The food is absolutely delicious! All of my guests are still raving about it! Also, both Karen and Ivy went out of their way to ensure my day went smoothly :) Overall, Ivy's was the best choice for us and we couldn't be happier with how our day turned out. Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Arianna, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Ivy's Simply Homemade is a woman owned and women run business and it was great to see such strong role models working in a tough industry. Hands down, working with Karen at Ivy's was the easiest and best part of our wedding planning. Karen was extremely helpful, making sure we had everything we needed for the perfect day. They were so willing to work with us on controlling costs in ways that were not cutting corners. Email response times were impeccable, and Karen checked in on me way more than I imagine any other catering coordinator would have. It was like having an extra family member to help plan our wedding, she was interested in all of our tiny details. She was my point person the day of and made sure everything ran smoothly. She coordinated with our other vendors and the rental company, making sure our timeline was correct, and everything was delivered on time.

We tasked Ivy & Karen with making a meal to cater to my uncle's very strict medical diet, and not only did they come through at dinner time, they had created appetizers just for him. This is way more than we had asked for, and beyond our expectations. He was so grateful to be able to eat something without worrying if it was not within his plan, both during cocktail hour and dinner.

We had a chicken, fish, beef & vegan choice, and every person we spoke with told us their meal was the best wedding food they had ever had. My personal favorite was the baked potato dip, and our bridal attendant that was assigned to make sure the bridal party got some snacks during cocktail hour followed me around during pictures with a bowl of it. Chicken apple whiskey meatballs and acorn squash rings were other high points.

The only negative feedback we had was that the children's chicken fingers were a little overcooked-- they were apologetic and immediately offered a refund. We highly recommend Karen & Ivy and all their staff-- you will not be disappointed. Everything was wonderful!

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, American, Cajun, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We were 100 percent satisfied with our event. The staff were excellent and so helpful guiding our process and making the day go so smoothly

Profile Picture Karole, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Ivy's Simply homemade was a joy to work with for my wedding! They were one of four vendors we could select at our venue and I am so glad we found them! Sophia was incredibly responsive and helpful with all of our questions, big and small, and worked with us to get the exact perfect menu for our 150 guests - New England Beach Party meets Mexican Fiesta. We had a market table of spreads and dips, passed aps (lobster rolls, watermelon feta salad on sticks, and deviled eggs) and a taco bar that our friends are still talking about. Being huge food lovers we wanted the meal to be perfect and delicious, but still casual and fun, and Ivy's did exactly that. They were also very flexible in tweaking things to our vision, keeping costs down, and offering incredibly helpful suggestions when needed. I would whole heartedly recommend them, and absolutely call on them again for another event - my mom actually already has for a work event, since she liked them so much! Thank you Sophia, Ivy, and staff - you made our wedding!

Profile Picture Emma, 9/10/16, 1 Review