Ivy's Simply Homemade Reviews

90 | Waterford, CT

90 Reviews for Ivy's Simply Homemade

Kathy Gauthier · Married on 02/09/2020

Wedding on 9/14/19

Ivys was amazing. We had a small outdoor reception at my son's home around the pool. Karen and her staff were amazing from the time we sat down with her to plan. We interviewed 3 other caterers and they were hands down the best. We had so many comments about the food. The french onion bites were to die for! Actually everything we had was awesome. they went above and beyond. We had borrowed a popcorn maker and they even got it started with the first batch so when guests arrived ahead of us there was fresh popped corn. I also called Karen or emailed her with sooooo many questions and she was always prompt and helpful. I am so glad we went with them and you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Kathy, we were thrilled you and Mike selected Ivy's for your intimate outdoor reception! The popcorn was a fun touch and I agree, our french onion soup bites are a favorite. Hope you stop by our storefront and keep in touch. Congratulations! Karen
  • Sally Ann

Sally Ann · Married on 10/18/2019

Fantastic food and customer service

Ivy's did a fantastic job with our wedding. We worked closely with Karen throughout the entire planning process and she was always incredibly responsive. I really appreciated how much she listened to what was important to us, and then worked with us to create a custom menu and bar selection. Ivy's was also incredibly attentive to detail and special requests, including making a different salad for the groom and providing special desserts for our guests with food allergies. And of course, the quality of the food was excellent. So, so many of our guests went out of their way to tell us how much they enjoyed the food. If you're looking for high quality food, great service, excellent value, and a customized experience, Ivy's is your place.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Thank you so much Sally Ann for your review! It was fun to incorporate your love for craft beer into the menu! Wishing you and Jesse much happiness as you settle into life in DC and of course as a married couple! Cheers, Karen

Maureen S · Married on 10/11/2019

Absolutely Perfect!

I can't say enough about our wonderdul experience with Ivy's Simply Homemade. From start to finish their attention to detail, coordination and professionalism was outstanding. Ivy and her staff worked with us on our catering needs, but also as a coordinator with our venue and other wedding vendors. The food was outstanding from the appetizers, to entrees and desserts. Attention to every detail prior to the wedding and flexibility with changes was on point. The day of the wedding everything fell into place perfectly, with Sophia and her team working effortless behind the scenes to ensure perfection. Fantastic food, and a friendly and professional staff that will surely make your event one to remember!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Anne · Married on 09/06/2019

Perfect Evening

My experience with Ivy's Catering for my son's Rehearsal Dinner, was phenomenal! Karen, who coordinated the event, was a great listener, professional, knowledgeable and flexible. The night of our rehearsal dinner, Karen and Ivy were there, and they, along with their wonderful staff, produced a flawless dinner experience...and the food was SO GOOD!!! Everything was presented beautifully, and tasted incredible. I would highly recommend Ivy's Simply Homemade to anyone who wants excellent quality food, matched with professional and friendly service. Thank you to Ivy and Karen!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Anne, thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure working along with you in planning this special dinner for Jack and Libby! Hope our paths cross again, Karen
  • Ramona

Ramona Ostrowski · Married on 08/31/2019

Everything we wanted and more

Working with Ivy's was a dream from start to finish. From my first conversation with Sophia, who was our point person throughout, I knew we were in good hands. She was always super prompt to answer emails throughout the planning process, and was extremely clear and flexible about our budget and menu. I loved that she handled the food, drink, dessert, and day-of coordination—it was so simple to have all this handled by the same person. And the food was AMAZING!! We had a non-traditional buffet with lots of fresh, local salad options, chicken kebobs with multiple sauces, salmon sliders, and a poutine bar. Our guests couldn't stop raving about it. Truly, I can't recommend Sophia, Ivy, and the whole team more highly.

Sent on 09/08/2019

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Ramona it was such a pleasure working with John and yourself. I am so glad that we were able to make planning and executing a breeze for you. We love when couples come in with creative menu ideas. The poutine was such a hit, I mean who doesn't love fries, gravy and cheese! Best to you both!

Martha · Married on 08/09/2019

Wonderful catering company

Ivy's worked with me within my budget for a welcome party/rehearsal dinner. They are wonderful, very pleasant to work with, professional and the food was great!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Martha, what a pleasure is was to work with you in planning this very special celebration! Best, Karen

Lisa Nelson · Married on 07/22/2019

Delicious food guests keep raving about!

Ivy's Simply Homemade delivered an exquisite dinner for our vow renewal celebration in July, 2019. From the beginning, Ivy's team was so helpful and flexible in their food suggestions, as we had several dietary requirements; vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free. Their motto? "No problem!" This is exactly what any person wants to hear while planning a very special event. The food was incredible, and our guests are still talking about it! Kathy delivered the food and set it up so when we returned from the church, we could begin eating right away. I would HIGHLY recommend Ivy's Catering for any event!

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Mary

Mary Sirpenski Hernandez · Married on 07/12/2019

Fantastic!

Ivy’s Simply Homemade Catering did a fantastic job for my Summer Wedding!! From Start to Finish... Ivy, Karen and their team were extremely helpful, responsive, flexible and knowledgeable with regards to our Catering experience. They even helped with planning and set up... far beyond my expectations. My guests all said the food was delicious!! My MAN OF HONOR... a highly experienced bar and restaurant manager and tough critic... said it was FANTASTIC! Full Marks for Karen, Ivy and the team!! Thank you all very much, it was the best night of our lives!!

Sincerely,
    Mr & Mrs Hernandez

Sent on 08/05/2019

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Mary, thank you so much for your review! We need to give you a shout out as well...still blown away with seeing all the dedication and love that you poured into making all your decor and centerpieces for your wedding! To grow your own succulents for the last 2 years used in the beautiful driftwood centerpieces, the sea-glass chimes, the macrame arbor for your ceremony, the unique hanging cranes as your seating chart and the handmade candle favors given to each guest. All was truly Amazing! Thank you again for having Ivy's be a part of your most FANTASTIC Day!
  • Jc Kates

Jc Kates Sansone · Married on 07/09/2019

Remarkable!

We had our wedding September 2019, Ivy and her team made our wedding so memorable. From planning with Karen, food tasting with Ivy to our wedding day with the whole team. The food was delicious and creative! My husband and I loved it and our guests enjoyed it as well.

They are more than just a catering vendor. Karen helped us coordinate, she gave us a lot of advice and suggestions while planning our wedding in general. She made sure our vegan/vegetarian guests have options for appetizers and made sure we eat during the reception (very important lol). She was very nice and understanding, very attentive to detail and most of all she genuinely wanted to help to make sure we had the best day.

Overall, our experience was amazing. Outstanding food and service. We had bumps during our wedding planning and they were very flexible and helped us out as much as they can. We definitely recommend them, you will not be disappointed!

Best,
    Jc Kates Sansone

Sent on 02/17/2020

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Thank you Jc! Ivy and I both enjoyed getting to work along with you and Raymond in planning your September wedding! Wishing all the best things in life for the two of you! Warmly, Karen
  • Justin

Justin Williamson · Married on 06/30/2019

The Perfect Day

We could have not asked for a more perfect day. That was due in no small part to the level of care and attention to detail you, Ivy, and the entire team provided.

Thank you so much for all the time, patience, and love you put into our wedding day. We cannot imagine anyone doing a better job.

Again, Ivy's was the perfect choice so such a perfect day.

Sent on 07/03/2019

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

We loved sharing in your perfect day! Wishes for a lifetime of happiness and love! Always, Karen and Ivy

Emily Quinn Finney · Married on 06/29/2019

Thank you, Ivy's!

We first started talking with caterers about seven months before our wedding. From the very first time we got on the phone with Sophia (the event coordinator at Ivy's), we were thrilled at how thoughtful and professional she was. Ivy's did so much to make our day run smoothly - they did all the table setup and breakdown, transported and set up our cake, and took care of a lot of day-of coordination, all included in the price of the package. So even though the catering was a little more expensive than we had originally been planning, it was well worth the money. All during the process, Ivy's worked with us to determine which things were most important to us (availability of meat? hot food? glass dishes?) and to cut costs on the parts that weren't. It was really important to us to be able to serve good food to all of our guests, including those with severe allergies and other food restrictions, and Ivy's was up for the task in a way that most other caterers we talked with were not. Everyone we talked with was friendly, professional, and down-to-earth. I was so thrilled to be able to share our day with such a good group of people, and to know that our money is supporting a great local woman-owned business. And, of course, the food was amazing! :D

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Parmenter · Married on 05/24/2019

Wedding in Mystic CT at the Mystic Museum of Art

Thank you Ivy’s for creating the most wonderful & enjoyable atmosphere for our guests at our wedding at the Mystic Museum of Art!
    It was truly magical, every single detail from our ceremony, to cocktail hour , to the reception !
    You were incredible to organize & plan with. Thank you Karen & Ivy !

True Professionals
    Absolutely the best choice !
    Thoughtful, attentive to every detail & lovely!!!!!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

We were thrilled when you selected Ivy's as your wedding caterer and we enjoyed being a part of this wonderful new beginning as you became husband and wife! Wishing you both everything that brings you happiness today and always! Cheers!

Lindsay Baker · Married on 02/11/2019

Wedding 11/2/2019

I could not be happier that I chose Ivy's Simply Homemade to cater my wedding! From the very first time we spoke, the women at Ivy's were incredibly attentive and kind. They made planning my wedding a breeze even though we had to do most of the planning virtually as I live out-of-state! In addition to their amazing help with planning, the food and service at my wedding was absolutely fantastic! All of my guests raved about Ivy's and I would highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 01/03/2020

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Thank you so much Lindsay, it was a pleasure for Ivy's to work along with you through the planning of your wedding and to be able to share in your Special Day!
    Happy New Year! All our best always, Karen, Ivy & Team

Holly · Married on 10/06/2018

Best Caterer!

The whole team at Ivy's is wonderful. They are responsive, helpful, and kind. I worked closely with Karen who always took my phone calls and answered emails with kindness and thoughtfulness. My husband and I planned most of our wedding, but Karen and the Ivy's team helped bring everything together. They are more than a caterer!

The custom menu was so unique and excited us. No other vendor was willing to work with us on such a personal level. We received so many compliments from guests about the food, which paired well with our fall wedding and venue. We also told Ivy's that we did not want the traditional wedding cake, they worked with a local vendor to supply pies, which again, our guests loved.

There were menu customizations, tastings, checklists, and walkthroughs all provided before the wedding day. On the day of our wedding, the staff at Ivy's helped organize and direct our guests, they were attendant to my family and wedding party and always made sure we had what we needed. I would highly recommend Ivy's Simply Homemade and if I have another party/event to plan, I'd love to partner with them again.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Hi Holly,
    Thank you for writing this awesome review and sharing your personal experience you had with Ivy's! We are happy to hear from the early planning, our day of service and to each unique dish served... Ivy's surpassed your expectations as a caterer. We would love to partner with you again too! All our best always, Karen & Ivy

Brian · Married on 09/29/2018

Any wedding, independent of venue or size, requires a catering service that is highly skilled, efficient and able to give exceptional quality. Ivy , Karen and the entire team, from the early planning stage through completion, gave us a wonderful experience. We give them all our highest praise. Brian and Pam, parents of the bride

Sent on 10/03/2018

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Thank you so much for having Ivy's be a part of such a special day for your family!

Blaze · Married on 09/22/2018

Simply amazing!

Ivy's Homemade was everything we were looking for in a catering company. After looking into several local catering company's we knew hands down Ivys fit our budget, menu dreams and needs. Ivy, Sophia, Brook and all the team members were able to help us put together a wonderful, delicious menu for all 3 of our events. We used Ivy's for our wedding weekend including rehearsal dinner, brunch and reception! Its almost a month later and we have family and friends still commenting on how good it was. We couldn't have asked for better service, food, organization and helpful friendly faces!
    P.s. We also love to stop in to the shop on a busy night to grab a pre-made meal to go and pop in the oven.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Blaze it was absolutely amazing being a part of your wedding weekend! From the creation of your menus to your wedding day, working with you to make every detail perfect was a true pleasure. Congratulations again!

Deborah · Married on 07/26/2018

We could not have had a more amazing experience with Ivy’s. They catered our wedding at the Mystic Museum of Art.

Karen, the catering manager, was warm, professional, listened to our ideas, and offered great suggestions. Each time we made an adjustment, Karen responded immediately. Her knowledge and expertise helped us plan a wonderful evening.

We met Ivy and she exuded genuine enthusiasm for our wedding. She prepared menu options and served them to us. During the tasting, Ivy listened to our feedback and tweaked some of the ingredients to better meet our tastes. Ivy also created additional options for us to sample and made arrangements to cater to gluten-free guests as well.

The food was amazing. The servers were professional and friendly. Our guests raved about the passed horderves, harvest table filled with cheeses, raw bar, and delicious sliced beef tenderloin. And to top off the evening party, the desserts Ivy prepared were decadently delicious.

Ivy’s Simply Homemade treated us like family and helped make our wedding and party even more memorable. We give them our highest recommendation.

Sent on 08/05/2018

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Ohhhh (insert blushing emoji here!) Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your day! You looked absolutely stunning and your menu and reception worked perfectly so that your guests could mingle and enjoy the beautiful river views from under the tent. We hope to see you both again soon, Ivy & Karen

eleanor · Married on 06/02/2018

Ivy's was amazing! From start to finish.
    Karen was helpful and timely during the beginning stages of my search for the perfect caterer.

A few weeks before my wedding she would email me to check in to be sure I didn't need anything and would also remind of things that a did need.

The day of the wedding the Ivy staff was professional, helpful and on the ball and last but not least the food was absolutely delicious!

Definite 5 stars!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! We are so happy you enjoyed your special day, this makes our hearts happy. It is very important to us to be there with you throughout the process and there until the very end! We hope to see you again soon!~ Ivy & Karen

Ally · Married on 05/19/2018

Everyone at Ivy's was absolutely amazing throughout the entire planning process, right through the day of the wedding. We had a tented backyard wedding and it rained cats and dogs but the team from Ivy's were still on top of every little detail. They were literally sloshing through the mud to make sure that everything was done to perfection. Our guests were not only raving about the food but also about how helpful Karen and her team were on the day of the wedding. Hiring them to cater our wedding was hands down the best decision we could have made! It felt like we were working with family the entire time. I am so glad we chose Ivy's! They really go out of their way to make sure that the food and the service are perfect.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Hi Ally,
    Thank you so much for your review! Rain on your wedding, always means Good Luck!! We loved seeing both you and Joe enjoying each moment and happily embracing whatever Mother Nature sent your way! Congratulations again and thank you for having Ivy's share in your Special Day! Best, Karen

Kevin · Married on 04/07/2018

Excellent food, stress free, super accommodating! Overall an excellent experience for our wedding!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

We are so glad that your guests and you enjoyed the menu that we wrote. It was important to us that you had delicious food that accommodated your severe allergies. We love being able to make this aspect of your wedding a little easier!
  • F

Fran · event on: 02/10/2018

The food was great, table set beautifully, our food server was excellent. I didn't have to take care of a thing... house was kept clean! I will use Ivy's again! Don't miss the mac n cheese with carmalized onions.... delicious.

Sent on 02/14/2018

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Thank you Fran for your review. Ivy's enjoyed being a part of your special birthday celebration! The baked mac n cheese with caramelized onions is one of our favorites too! Glad you were able to enjoy your party and let Ivy's handle the rest!

Susan · Married on 11/11/2017

Ivy’s was the best decision we made for our wedding! They were so helpful, flexible and accommodating at every step of the way! Sophia was a life saver and helped our wedding day run smoothly. Everyone loved the food and it was exactly what we pictured. I would highly recommend Ivy’s Simply Homemade to anyone planning an event big or small. Ivy, Sophia and all of their staff really know their stuff and we can’t thank them enough for everything!!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Ivy's Simply Homemade's reply:

Susan, you and your family were a joy to work with for your wedding. Mystic Museum is such a beautiful venue to work in, especially in November. We are looking forward to seeing amazing pictures. Wish you and Zack the best!

Katharine · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband Joel and I could not have had a more wonderful experience with Ivy's Simply Homemade. We worked with Karen, who is responsive, detail oriented, kind and lovely. Joel and I were immediately impressed by the professionalism of Ivys in our e-mail exchanges, and we were blown away by our first sit down meeting. Karen put so much effort into crafting a menu that was exactly what we wanted. Out tasting was a special event that we will always remember. Karen made every step of the process more enjoyable, and went above and beyond on numerous occasions (talking through the logistics of the day with us, coordinating with our other vendors, etc.) Joel and I are so grateful that we had the opportunity to work with Ivys-- it was truly a pleasure. Thank you Karen and Ivy!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Hi Kate,
    Thank you so much for your lovely review and kind words.
    It was wonderful to have had the opportunity to meet and work along with you and Joel in planning your very Special Day!
    Wishing you and Joel a holiday season of sweet moments and much joy!
    All my best,
    Karen

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2017

I absolutely love them! Karen and Ivy are amazing to work with, they're very responsive and extremely accommodating. The food is very good as well!!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Jennifer,
    Thank you very much for letting us be a part of your day!

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/21/2017

When planning my wedding I was also finishing my final semester as a full time student. It was an overwhelming experience. Ivy's Simply Homemade is the perfect catering company! Sophia was so professional, friendly, attentive. I would have drastically different ideas of food and even if they were not in my budget she would still send me estimates for whatever I had asked for, trying to work in my budget as best as possible. Some of my guest had dietary restrictions and they were more than accommodating. There was someone who has celiac and another who was vegan gluten free and not only did they prepare them something special but made sure they knew their name and where they sat to give them their dish. Both approached me in shock for their accommodations. Sophia was also very helpful in the rentals, how much of something and which contacts to make. When I arrived early she was helping me unload and set everything up with her staff while I finished getting ready. There were never empty cups and the catering staff were super friendly! If I ever need an event catered this would be my go to! Or if I am ever passing by I will stop in for a quick to go!

Sent on 03/19/2018