Ivy Hall Reviews

26 | Roswell, GA

26 Reviews for Ivy Hall

• Emily

Emily · Married on 10/13/2018

Ivy Hall is gorgeous...highly recommend!

We absolutely loved working with Events Catering, and our reception at Ivy Hall was absolutely gorgeous. It makes for the perfect, rustic set-up and provides plenty of space, especially for larger parties. We loved that we were able to use the downstairs deck area for a fun cocktail hour with outdoor games like cornhole. Linda was our coordinator, and she was SO easy and pleasant to work with from day one. She has all the answers and was incredibly helpful in giving us pointers about the floor plan, vendors, certain decorations, etc. The only improvement that could be made to the venue (which is easier stated than done) is potentially adding a bathroom upstairs. The only bathroom is downstairs, which makes it difficult for handicap guests to access - not impossible, as they can walk/use a wheelchair down the hill outside the side of the building. But if possible, a single-person upstairs bathroom would make it much easier. All in all, Ivy Hall is a great wedding venue and I would (and already have) recommended it to friends.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Jana · Married on 09/03/2016

My wedding here was perfect. From the staff, to the venue, to the food everything was wonderful! Madison was our event captain and she was awesome! She kept us on our time frame and really made everything run smoothly. We had so much fun and our guests did too!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Kendall · Married on 11/21/2015

Our Wedding was a DREAM

The entire staff at Ivy Hall made our wedding an absolute dream from the time we toured the venue to the moment we departed the wedding. I have always heard from past brides that you never actually get to enjoy your wedding, but that was absolutely not the case at Ivy Hall! My husband and I had an absolute BLAST at our wedding and would recommend Ivy Hall 100 times if we could.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Jessica · Married on 09/26/2015

April, Rosie, Linda and all the staff at Ivy Hall were great to work with. We booked Ivy Hall a little over a year before our wedding. The whole planning process leading up to the wedding went so smoothly and they were very quick to respond to any questions I had. The food was excellent, the venue was spacious, and everything looked beautiful the night of our reception. When we walked in, I felt like I had walked into a dream...then I realized it was our reception hall! I had to fight back tears. The staff worked well with all our vendors and attended to all our needs prior to and during the reception. We had a lot of personal items that needed to be set up and they nailed it! It was exactly how I wanted it. We have heard nothing but rave reviews from friends and family about the reception!!!

Sent on 10/22/2015
  • User5200464 · 2+ years ago

If you are planning an event of any kind, you owe it to yourself to visit April Bloomer at Events Catering. From the first time we sat down back in December 2013, right up until our daughters utterly fantastic, well managed, delicious, comfortable and totally enjoyable wedding for 160 at Ivy Hall this past weekend, April, Linda and all the staff were there. Always attentive, having all the answers and extremely cooperative when the pre wedding hiccups ultimatly occur. The facilities, food, venue amenities were perfect in every way. Im happy I dont have to pay for another wedding (I hope) but if I did, I know where it would be.
    Thanks, April and Linda. You guys made it easy.
    Alan

Sent on 06/23/2015

They made my wedding become a true fairytale come true! Everything was perfect from the food to feeling special and taken care of! April and Colleen were amazing!

Sent on 05/08/2015

melissa · Married on 11/22/2014

Ivy Hall at the Roswell Mill is the perfect location for any event. We were able to get beautiful pictures outside at the covered bridge and by the damn before our ceremony. The ceremony looked beautiful out on the deck and the reception inside Ivy hall was perfect. Everything was set up and easy to work with.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Beautiful hall. Staff & service excellent. Food delicious. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Lisa · Married on 08/30/2014

I could not have been happier with our experience getting married at Ivy Hall at Roswell Mill! From start to finish, it was wonderful. Outside of loving the setting and look of the venue, a big reason we chose to get married there was the staff. They are total pros and made this a low stress situation, they handle so much and are excellent at running a world class event. They were so patient with us during the planning phase, answering all of our questions and providing great guidance. The day of our wedding, everyone was so helpful and worked hard to ensure every little detail was handled. We got a ton of compliments on how delicious the food was and also heard that the bartenders were great. The venue itself is so lovely, we got married on the deck, got our pictures done on the covered bridge and held our reception in Ivy Hall. Everything flowed very nicely and didn't feel overly crowded, really is the perfect venue, especially if you are looking for a mix of nature and indoors. Ivy Hall can be made to look rustic, vintage or modern, lots of options. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/06/2014

Jenny · Married on 08/09/2014

We had our rehearsal dinner at Roswell Mill Club and our wedding reception at Ivy Hall. Both events were absolute perfection. The team at Events Catering is absolutely amazing in every way. They were incredibly flexible and met our every need. From the very beginning, I never felt pressured to add anything that would have been unnecessary and they even helped us to save on cost!

The nights of our rehearsal and reception, the team was amazing. They truly made our wedding the most amazing night and I would highly recommend either location for any event. Linda, Rosie and April are the cream of the crop!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Janna · Married on 05/03/2014

Ivy Hall was very responsive to me over the course of the wedding. They allowed me to get married at the time that I wanted even if it was a bit atypical for them. Linda was awesome to work with prior to the wedding, and Rosie was an amazing event captain making sure I had everything I needed. The place looked amazing- rustic elegance- and was exactly what I had wanted and always pictured for my wedding day- the ceremony was beautiful with the backdrop of the trees. They even got the weather to cooperate!!! And everyone loved the food! Thank you for the night of my life!

Sent on 05/05/2014

This is a beautiful venue with lots of history . They were so wonderful to work with. We were ALL taken care of by the staff. Things were so well coordinated, ithe evening was seamless!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Brennan · Married on 06/02/2012

Amazing venue and great people to work with! Thank you for an incredible night!

Sent on 06/13/2012

joanne · Married on 05/12/2012

The entire staff at The Roswell Mill was truely professional. The setting was amazing, the food delicious, the bar over flowing and the attention given to every detail made the event one that every guest raved about. There was a separate coordinator for the ceremony and one for the reception. There was an event captain at our disposal for the entire evening. I cannot sing their praises enough. As sufficient planning was done in advance with each coordinator, all was totally under control the day of the event. Bravo!! Bravo!! Excellence indeed!

Sent on 05/25/2012

April and her staff at Ivy Hall were great to work with. The food was excellent, the venue was spacious, and everything looked beautiful the night of our daughter's reception. The staff worked well with all our vendors and attended to all our needs prior to and during the reception. We had a lot of things going on, with a photo booth, popcorn bar, special table numbers, koozies, glow sticks, etc., and they took everything in stride with a smile. At the end of the evening, our event captain Austin made sure gifts and other items were packaged up for us. He was extremely helpful and kind. We have heard nothing but rave reviews from friends and family about the reception!!!

Sent on 11/02/2011

Katherine · Married on 05/28/2017

We loved our daughter's wedding at Ivy Hall. We also heard lots of compliments from our guests who enjoyed the rustic natural style of the venue and the service of the staff. Just what we were after !

Sent on 06/06/2017

April and staff are true professionals. I feel very confident in their ability to deliver a beautiful and memorable event.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Abby · Married on 09/03/2017

My daughter got married at Ivy Hall Sept 3rd, 2017. We used Ivy Hall for the wedding ceremony and the reception. We checked out approximately 10 places in Atlanta/ Roswell area. By far, hands down, Ivy Hall was not only the biggest bang for your buck but it was EXACTLY what we were looking for! From the beginning, from seeing the place, sitting down and discussing what we wanted to do, they were professional in laying out a plan for our event. Everything was presented in a packet so that you knew what you were getting for your money. Our coordinator , Linda Petis, was fantastic. She answered all our questions and was very flexible in changes at the last minute. The day of the wedding couldn't have gone smoother. It was absolutely exactly what we wanted!!! the area we had the ceremony in, I was worried about, but it was perfect. The reception was fantastic. The staff was very efficient and organized. The food was outstanding! The venue is just beautiful especially at night! I highly recommend Ivy Hall to anyone. They will make sure that your event is everything you dreamed it would be!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Kate · Married on 11/28/2015

We loved our wedding at Ivy Hall. The management and staff were helpful from the get-go. It is an all-inclusive vendor which made our lives so much easier as we were planning a wedding in a short amount of time. The food was delicious. The venue was lovely and thanks to the weather, we were able to maximize the use of the both indoor and outdoor spaces. We would recommend.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Ivy Hall had always been at the top of my radar for my wedding. The location is breathtaking and getting to work with April, Linda and their team was amazing. They were beyond accommodating for our wedding, including working with us to make sure our religious/cultural traditions were observed. Every time we had a meeting with Events Catering, I found myself staying longer than I planed just to talk and schmooze with them. Each person on the team made us feel at ease about the stressful wedding planning process and they were always there to talk through items. They worked amazingly with our outside vendors and were always on top of their communication with us. The food was amazing- the only thing I regret was that I didn't get to eat more of it. Haha.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Amy · Married on 05/26/2012

Ivy Hall is an excellent facility for a wedding reception! The site is beautiful, historic, and the staff are wonderful. April and Linda are very responsive in the planning period, and the "captain" for the night of made sure everything went smoothly all night long. The food was delicious, and so many of our guests have told us it was the best wedding they've been to in a long time!

Sent on 06/10/2012

Blane · Married on 08/27/2011

This was a great setting for my wedding. The grounds around the Mill made for some amazing pictures. The staff was very nice and made it easy for me to have fun and not have to worry about anything.

Sent on 02/07/2012

Dana · Married on 11/17/2012

This was such a beautiful venue! There was not much of a need to decorate it because it was so beautiful. They provide lots of things you need, but allow you to bring your own decor and linens and such if you want. You are restricted to bubbles and a few other exit items, but I still think it was worth it. The women are very helpful and answer promptly. I LOVED this venue for my wedding and I highly recommend it to someone wanting a somewhat rustic wedding.

Sent on 12/16/2012

Alison · Married on 08/06/2011

Everyone was polite and friendly and willing to work with us to make our wedding perfect. The wedding ceremony was beautiful and the reception was a lot of fun.

Sent on 08/22/2011