30 Reviews for It's The Pits

Gluten Free (1)
Lactose Free (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
27 It's The Pits Reviews

Where do I begin!? My experience with Kim was seamless from beginning to end. I gave her minimal guidance on a Bachelorette Party brunch and she knocked the menu out of the park for an excellent price. She knew exactly what I was looking for. On the day of, she showed up on time with a smile on her face. The brunch food was excellent and her homemade bloody mary mix was unmatched. My friends and I could not say enough good things about our experience ! I'd highly recommend her for any event you need to have catered.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

If you are looking for the best caterer in Queenstown, MD you have found them!! Thank you so much for helping make our special day unforgettable! Not only was the food exquisite the staff were polite, professional and such a delight to work with. Highly recommend for your special day!!!

Profile Picture Nikki, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

It’s the Pits was fabulous to work with. Highly recommend if you are looking for the best food and staff in town!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We were so impressed with its the pits! They did such an
amazing job. The food was superb and the servers were attentive and very pleasant. I highly recommend using its the pits for your big day!

Profile Picture Erica , 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

It's the Pits/Chesapeake Celebrations is amazing!!!!! They happily responded to our every need and request to truly make our wedding as personalized as possible. The food was amazing and I'm still getting feedback from the guests on how great it was! Kim went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable as I was a very anxious bride! Kim and Chef Kevin made it every step of the journey a truly enjoyable experience every step of the way from the initial meeting and tasting to the night of the event and even into the day after clean-up. They are a full service, incredible, supportive group that has incredible taste and make delicious food!

Profile Picture Holly, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I have personally known Kevin from It's The Pits since I was a kid so it was awesome for him and his team to be able to make my wedding wonderful! Doug the owner of It's The Pits has the kindest heart in the world and Kevin and Kim will work out every last minute detail with you. It was a huge stress relief to work with such a professional team. All of my guest raved about the food and left with happy bellies. The mac and cheese and crab dip were huge hits! I would recomment It's The Pits for any event causal or formal!

Profile Picture Ellie, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We booked it's the pits for a casual-ish reception for our wedding this year and it was an incredible decision. We wanted something low key, polished and most importantly delicious and they came through with great food and great service. Kim was easy to work with to get us just what we needed in our budget. She and was really communicative and made sure we had enough servers when we realized late that we might need more than we thought. We ended up with perfect food service, the team at It's the Pits were total pros, it was an incredible value and I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Katherine , 8/26/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We loved having Its The Pits BBQ as our wedding caterer since the moment we walked in the door. Kim gave my husband and I an amazing tasting with a table set for two and great food fresh from the chef. Along the way, Its The Pits helped us find ways to save money for our wedding budget and accommodated us with supplies in advance so that we could be prepared for the big day. When rain was in the forecast, the crew from Its The Pits remained flexible with decisions that were made last minute, and worked hard all day to serve our guests. I'm so glad we chose Its The Pits BBQ for their impeccable customer service, and delicious food!!! Highly recommend! Thank you Its The Pits BBQ!!!

Profile Picture Abbey, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We have used It's the Pits for our annual community party for the last 3 years. We have alway been pleased with the delicious food and wonderful service. Kim was most helpful and was always gracious with our last minute changes. We investigated other caterers on the Island, but It's the Pits beat all the other competitors in price, taste and variety of choice. They also catered my son's wedding 4 years ago. It was a delightful experience!

Profile Picture Victoria , 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used them for a USNA grad party and we LOVED them!!!! They were super responsive, super flexible adding almost anything we asked, and the food was outstanding! They're beef brisket melts in your mouth with a fantastic seasoning on it, the smoked bbqd chicken was amazingly juicy and flavorful and their baby back ribs were tender and delicious!! You can't go wrong no matter what you order. Even their appetizers were top notch; peel and eat shrimp, crab dip and grilled veggie platter. Display and set up were beautifully done too and smiles and kindness from all staff! Honestly, you can't go wrong with It's The Pits!!

Profile Picture Susan, 5/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We used It's the Pits for our wedding rehearsal dinner. It was affordable and Kim was so easy to work with. I didn't have to worry about a thing! She did a great job setting everything up and packaging the leftover food for us. Everyone commented on how delicious it was! We'll definitely contact It's the Pits in the future for other large events.

Profile Picture Emily, 5/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

OMG! These guys are the best... they made us feel so welcome and right at home when we came for our tasting. The food is awesome. The service is great. The response time is quick. The pricing is totally reasonable. What more could you ask for? Highly recommended! We will be getting meals here now too... love them!

Profile Picture Shelby, 10/1/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Set Up

Kim and Kevin were amazing! Not only were they understanding, flexible and responsive to our requests - they were incredibly fun to plan our wedding with from start to finish. I have received too many compliments on the food, presentation and attentiveness of Kim and Kevin's team. A++++ from the teacher and her new husband!

S + W 9.24.16

Profile Picture User7245013, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Great to deal with from day one. We called and they set up an appointment to try the food - one word: AMAZING!
We had a small wedding (around 50) and they were very flexible with what we wanted to serve and the size of the venue. Had no issues with set up and break down. Everyone raved about the food - especially the Boursin Wedding Cake!!!
Would definitely work with It's The Pits again!!!!

Profile Picture Linda, 9/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

It's The Pits did a fantastic job with our wedding. We planned a wedding in 3 months and the one thing we did not have to stress over was the food. They helped us plan quantities, gave ideas and let us taste everything which was delicious. Hiring the 2 servers was the smartest thing we did as they helped with portion control and kept the line moving. Thank you again.

Profile Picture User6762690, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

It's the Pits food was a hit at my daughters wedding!!! The beef brisket w/ smoke sauce was the BOMB!!! The staff was so helpful and very friendly!!! It's the Pits is my forever GOTO!!!

Profile Picture Vi, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), American

It's the Pits has always been a go to for food for any occasion with my family. It was no question that they would be catering my wedding and even ended up doing our rehearsal dinner too! For rehearsal we had pulled pork, pulled chicken, garden salad, potato salad, slaw, baked beans, fruit and cookies. The food was delivered and set up on time and we even had left overs for the day of our wedding! Our wedding menu consisted of beef brisket, lemon herb chicken, summer squash medley, fresh green beans, and Cesar salad. When coming up with this menu Its the Pits was very helpful on getting us what we wanted and stayed within our budget. They were very helpful and insightful.

The staff arrived hours before the ceremony to assist with any set up that was necessary. The staff was dresses professionally and was very attentive. The food was set up and ready to go on time. As soon as our ceremony ended, a rain storm came through and started to blow things over. Without being asked, the staff helped rearrange so things were out of the wind! During cocktail hour the staff was attentive on cleaning up appetizer trash and keeping things fully stocked. They even lit all our candles! During dinner they served us, buffet style, with a smile on their faces and with answers to any questions the guests had. We had food left over to take home. As busy newlyweds we really were thankful for the extras.

The staff went above and beyond their duties to make sure our day was the best it could be. I would recommend It's the Pits for any function. For brides who don't want to worry about food or any other tiny details on their wedding day, Its the Pits is the answer!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, American, Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations

When planning my wedding, one of my biggest MUST HAVES was great food! It's The Pit's hit my requirements right on! The food was so amazing and all of my guest agreed. There was more than enough food (we even had some to take home with us) and the quality was outstanding. The crab cakes were cooked perfectly and the bacon wrapped shrimp and mac and cheese were a huge hit! Not to mention the pit beef melted in your mouth! When picking out the food we had a vast amount of choices and it was so easy to talk with someone about estimating the amount we would need. The caterers were dressed very nicely and extremely helpful with helping prep some of the tables while the ceremony was going on. Everyone was very professional and I was so grateful for them to help relieve some of the stress of wedding planning.

I would highly recommend It's the Pits for any occasion! The quality of the food combined with the helpfulness of the staff made my experience extremely satisfactory!

Thank you It's the Pits!

Sincerely,

Sarah Davis

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Vegan, Vegetarian

The staff were remarkable while planning the menu for our daughter's wedding. The wait staff were very helpful and professional. Cindy kept everything moving and in our opinion went way above to ensure that we had everything we needed during the reception. We had many people remark how great the food tasted.

Profile Picture User4620551, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Excellent food and service at an excellent price! Deanna was great to work with. Very on top of things and very attentive, made planning easy. We had compliments from everyone. We really wanted to do a laidback high end bbq, and that is what they delivered. I was worried about how bbq would turn out for a wedding, but should not have. The brisket even received a compliment from my TX Dad, who does not dole out compliments easily. The catering staff was the epitome of professional and friendly. Our guests were all impressed with the bartender they provided. We opted to provide our own alcohol, and they still provided us with drink garnishes. A problem other recent newlyweds ran into. I'd definitely recommend It's The Pits to anyone with an upcoming wedding!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/12/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Delicious, affordable, backyard bbq for our summertime eastern shore wedding last year. Loved it!!! My sister used them for her wedding this year. The food is incredible and the service was tops!

Profile Picture Laura, 7/18/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We’ve always been frequent customers of It’s the Pits, and we were very excited to share their wonderful food with our wedding guests. There’s always the concern that great food in small quantities doesn’t translate to a larger volume, but that was far from the case in It’s the Pits catering our wedding. The food was incredible, and everyone raved about everything they tried from the hors d’oeuvres and dinner, especially the whole hog roast.

Doug was very friendly and easy to work with, and we really enjoyed meeting with him to try out various options and discuss what we’d like to serve. We communicated often with De, and she was very helpful in working out the logistics and details of the catering menu.

We’re so glad we had It’s the Pits cater our wedding and look forward to many more delicious meals from there in the future!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/28/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

PRS Guitars hired It's the Pits/Chesapeake Catering for our exclusive Signature Club member cocktail party (800 people) at our recent Experience PRS event. The menu consisted of a shrimp cocktail station; an assorted dip station with hummus, crab dip, spinach/artichoke dip; a hot appetizer station with wings; and a cold appetizer station with assorted fruit, cheeses and veggies. The food was delicious, beautifully presented and the staff was wonderful. In addition to the Signature Club cocktail party, over our two-day event, It's the Pits/Chesapeake Catering handled our dealer hospitality (100 people) and Artist hospitality. The serving stations were kept clean and inviting and the food was well received by our guests and artists. Hire these folks - they rock!

Profile Picture User6889961, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, American

We hired It's the Pits to provide catering services for our rehearsal dinner. The food and setup/take-down service on the day of the dinner was phenomenal. We received so many rave reviews on the food, and the setup and take down went very smoothly. We first reached out to It's the Pits the summer before our April wedding, working with Mike, who was then a co-owner. We signed a contract in December, and he asked us to finalize the menu/final details a few weeks before our event. We stopped in about 3 weeks before the wedding, and found out that Mike no longer worked there and the company apparently had no record of our contract. Luckily, I had a copy for them, and we were able to sort it out, working with Michelle, the new event manager. Everything worked out fine, although we were briefly worried with the staffing change. We also thought it was odd that Michelle attempted to charge us the company's new higher prices, although we had contracted with the company at a certain price and the old prices were still on the website on the day that she sent us a draft contract with the higher prices. Regardless, the food was amazing and we would certainly work with them again in the future.

Profile Picture Coty, 4/29/12, 13 Reviews