It's The Pits Reviews

30 | Stevensville, MD

30 Reviews for It's The Pits

30 It's The Pits Reviews

Lindsey · Married on 09/08/2018

Where do I begin!? My experience with Kim was seamless from beginning to end. I gave her minimal guidance on a Bachelorette Party brunch and she knocked the menu out of the park for an excellent price. She knew exactly what I was looking for. On the day of, she showed up on time with a smile on her face. The brunch food was excellent and her homemade bloody mary mix was unmatched. My friends and I could not say enough good things about our experience ! I'd highly recommend her for any event you need to have catered.

Nicole · Married on 04/28/2018

It’s the Pits was fabulous to work with. Highly recommend if you are looking for the best food and staff in town!

Nikki · Married on 04/28/2018

If you are looking for the best caterer in Queenstown, MD you have found them!! Thank you so much for helping make our special day unforgettable! Not only was the food exquisite the staff were polite, professional and such a delight to work with. Highly recommend for your special day!!!

It's The Pits 1
    It's The Pits 2
    It's The Pits 3

Erica · Married on 10/28/2017

We were so impressed with its the pits! They did such an
    amazing job. The food was superb and the servers were attentive and very pleasant. I highly recommend using its the pits for your big day!

Holly · Married on 10/07/2017

It's the Pits/Chesapeake Celebrations is amazing!!!!! They happily responded to our every need and request to truly make our wedding as personalized as possible. The food was amazing and I'm still getting feedback from the guests on how great it was! Kim went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable as I was a very anxious bride! Kim and Chef Kevin made it every step of the journey a truly enjoyable experience every step of the way from the initial meeting and tasting to the night of the event and even into the day after clean-up. They are a full service, incredible, supportive group that has incredible taste and make delicious food!

Ellie · Married on 09/30/2017

I have personally known Kevin from It's The Pits since I was a kid so it was awesome for him and his team to be able to make my wedding wonderful! Doug the owner of It's The Pits has the kindest heart in the world and Kevin and Kim will work out every last minute detail with you. It was a huge stress relief to work with such a professional team. All of my guest raved about the food and left with happy bellies. The mac and cheese and crab dip were huge hits! I would recomment It's The Pits for any event causal or formal!

Katherine · Married on 08/26/2017

We booked it's the pits for a casual-ish reception for our wedding this year and it was an incredible decision. We wanted something low key, polished and most importantly delicious and they came through with great food and great service. Kim was easy to work with to get us just what we needed in our budget. She and was really communicative and made sure we had enough servers when we realized late that we might need more than we thought. We ended up with perfect food service, the team at It's the Pits were total pros, it was an incredible value and I highly recommend them.

Abbey · Married on 06/17/2017

We loved having Its The Pits BBQ as our wedding caterer since the moment we walked in the door. Kim gave my husband and I an amazing tasting with a table set for two and great food fresh from the chef. Along the way, Its The Pits helped us find ways to save money for our wedding budget and accommodated us with supplies in advance so that we could be prepared for the big day. When rain was in the forecast, the crew from Its The Pits remained flexible with decisions that were made last minute, and worked hard all day to serve our guests. I'm so glad we chose Its The Pits BBQ for their impeccable customer service, and delicious food!!! Highly recommend! Thank you Its The Pits BBQ!!!

Victoria · Married on 06/03/2017

We have used It's the Pits for our annual community party for the last 3 years. We have alway been pleased with the delicious food and wonderful service. Kim was most helpful and was always gracious with our last minute changes. We investigated other caterers on the Island, but It's the Pits beat all the other competitors in price, taste and variety of choice. They also catered my son's wedding 4 years ago. It was a delightful experience!

Susan · Married on 05/26/2017

We used them for a USNA grad party and we LOVED them!!!! They were super responsive, super flexible adding almost anything we asked, and the food was outstanding! They're beef brisket melts in your mouth with a fantastic seasoning on it, the smoked bbqd chicken was amazingly juicy and flavorful and their baby back ribs were tender and delicious!! You can't go wrong no matter what you order. Even their appetizers were top notch; peel and eat shrimp, crab dip and grilled veggie platter. Display and set up were beautifully done too and smiles and kindness from all staff! Honestly, you can't go wrong with It's The Pits!!

Emily · Married on 05/18/2017

We used It's the Pits for our wedding rehearsal dinner. It was affordable and Kim was so easy to work with. I didn't have to worry about a thing! She did a great job setting everything up and packaging the leftover food for us. Everyone commented on how delicious it was! We'll definitely contact It's the Pits in the future for other large events.

Shelby · Married on 10/01/2016

OMG! These guys are the best... they made us feel so welcome and right at home when we came for our tasting. The food is awesome. The service is great. The response time is quick. The pricing is totally reasonable. What more could you ask for? Highly recommended! We will be getting meals here now too... love them!

Stacy · Married on 09/24/2016

Kim and Kevin were amazing! Not only were they understanding, flexible and responsive to our requests - they were incredibly fun to plan our wedding with from start to finish. I have received too many compliments on the food, presentation and attentiveness of Kim and Kevin's team. A++++ from the teacher and her new husband!

S + W 9.24.16

Linda · Married on 09/16/2016

Great to deal with from day one. We called and they set up an appointment to try the food - one word: AMAZING!
    We had a small wedding (around 50) and they were very flexible with what we wanted to serve and the size of the venue. Had no issues with set up and break down. Everyone raved about the food - especially the Boursin Wedding Cake!!!
    Would definitely work with It's The Pits again!!!!

It's The Pits did a fantastic job with our wedding. We planned a wedding in 3 months and the one thing we did not have to stress over was the food. They helped us plan quantities, gave ideas and let us taste everything which was delicious. Hiring the 2 servers was the smartest thing we did as they helped with portion control and kept the line moving. Thank you again.

Vi · Married on 05/14/2016

It's the Pits food was a hit at my daughters wedding!!! The beef brisket w/ smoke sauce was the BOMB!!! The staff was so helpful and very friendly!!! It's the Pits is my forever GOTO!!!

Amanda · Married on 05/14/2016

It's the Pits has always been a go to for food for any occasion with my family. It was no question that they would be catering my wedding and even ended up doing our rehearsal dinner too! For rehearsal we had pulled pork, pulled chicken, garden salad, potato salad, slaw, baked beans, fruit and cookies. The food was delivered and set up on time and we even had left overs for the day of our wedding! Our wedding menu consisted of beef brisket, lemon herb chicken, summer squash medley, fresh green beans, and Cesar salad. When coming up with this menu Its the Pits was very helpful on getting us what we wanted and stayed within our budget. They were very helpful and insightful.

The staff arrived hours before the ceremony to assist with any set up that was necessary. The staff was dresses professionally and was very attentive. The food was set up and ready to go on time. As soon as our ceremony ended, a rain storm came through and started to blow things over. Without being asked, the staff helped rearrange so things were out of the wind! During cocktail hour the staff was attentive on cleaning up appetizer trash and keeping things fully stocked. They even lit all our candles! During dinner they served us, buffet style, with a smile on their faces and with answers to any questions the guests had. We had food left over to take home. As busy newlyweds we really were thankful for the extras.

The staff went above and beyond their duties to make sure our day was the best it could be. I would recommend It's the Pits for any function. For brides who don't want to worry about food or any other tiny details on their wedding day, Its the Pits is the answer!

Sarah · Married on 09/26/2015

When planning my wedding, one of my biggest MUST HAVES was great food! It's The Pit's hit my requirements right on! The food was so amazing and all of my guest agreed. There was more than enough food (we even had some to take home with us) and the quality was outstanding. The crab cakes were cooked perfectly and the bacon wrapped shrimp and mac and cheese were a huge hit! Not to mention the pit beef melted in your mouth! When picking out the food we had a vast amount of choices and it was so easy to talk with someone about estimating the amount we would need. The caterers were dressed very nicely and extremely helpful with helping prep some of the tables while the ceremony was going on. Everyone was very professional and I was so grateful for them to help relieve some of the stress of wedding planning.

I would highly recommend It's the Pits for any occasion! The quality of the food combined with the helpfulness of the staff made my experience extremely satisfactory!

Thank you It's the Pits!

Sincerely,

Sarah Davis

• User4620551 · 2+ years ago

The staff were remarkable while planning the menu for our daughter's wedding. The wait staff were very helpful and professional. Cindy kept everything moving and in our opinion went way above to ensure that we had everything we needed during the reception. We had many people remark how great the food tasted.

Amanda · Married on 10/12/2013

Excellent food and service at an excellent price! Deanna was great to work with. Very on top of things and very attentive, made planning easy. We had compliments from everyone. We really wanted to do a laidback high end bbq, and that is what they delivered. I was worried about how bbq would turn out for a wedding, but should not have. The brisket even received a compliment from my TX Dad, who does not dole out compliments easily. The catering staff was the epitome of professional and friendly. Our guests were all impressed with the bartender they provided. We opted to provide our own alcohol, and they still provided us with drink garnishes. A problem other recent newlyweds ran into. I'd definitely recommend It's The Pits to anyone with an upcoming wedding!

Laura · Married on 07/18/2009

Delicious, affordable, backyard bbq for our summertime eastern shore wedding last year. Loved it!!! My sister used them for her wedding this year. The food is incredible and the service was tops!

Carl · event on: 11/05/2016

The service provided by Kevin and Its the Pits exceeded my expectations in every area. From my first contact with Kevin, it was evident that his primary concern was my satisfaction in the outcome of my event. In all our communications to set things up, he was always prompt, courteous and professional. With respect to the food - it, too, exceeded my expectations. I ordered a whole, roasted pig and four side orders. The pig was hot, juicy, crisp and delicious. Each of the 4 side items I ordered was also delicious. Seriously, they were some of the best I have had. On the day of the event, Ron showed up with the pig, the sides, tables, serving bowls and utensils, warming pans for the hot food, etc. Not only did he set everything up, but spent about 45 minutes pulling all the meat from the pig so that it could be served to guests. Once the pig was pulled and people started eating, Ron made himself busy cleaning up after guests, and telling people about the food and the various sauces that were available. In all, the quality of the food and the service greatly enhanced the experience for all my guests. Great food and great service can be hard to come by these days, and they delivered on both. If I'm ever again in the market for catered food, Kevin and Its the Pits will be the first call I make. In short, based on my recent experience, I would not hesitate to recommend them to anybody seeking catering services. Give them a call, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised following your first contact. Everything that comes after that gets even better! Have questions? Feel free to drop my a line at the email below:

-c

Karen · event on: 03/17/2017

We have used It's the Pit's on numerous community celebrations and have always been extremely please with the staff, food and service. Our celebrations started with 30 folks and now we have over 68 attendees for this one on the 17th. Excellent job Kevin and staff. Very pleased. Highly recommend!!!

Karen · event on: 05/18/2016

Bayside Elementary PTA hired Chesapeake Celebrations (It's the Pits) for a catered luncheon during Staff Appreciation Week for 56 staff members.

The ordering was seamless, the questions I had during the process were answered promptly, the delivery was on time and accurate.

We ordered pulled pork and chicken with sauces and crab balls. Parents donated sides, desserts and rolls. As soon as the food was set into the chaffing dishes the delicious smell filled the school. The teachers were so excited to get such an exquisite meal. The serving size is so generous there were leftovers for 2 days!

The staff raved about the food and how full they were!

After the event, the chaffing dishes and utensils were returned (unwashed ;) but they didn't care!

Overall it was a great experience. This was the second year in a row we used them for this event.