Island Way Grill Reviews

Island Way Grill 4
Island Way Grill 5
Island Way Grill 6

Elizabeth · Married on 08/31/2018

Amber and her team were incredible. Amber was a pleasure to work with. She was easy to communicate with and very accommodating. The food was to die for and the service was impeccable. My guest raved about the food all weekend long. The staff was attentive- they cleared plates and kept our drinks refilled throughout the evening. I couldn't have asked for anything else to be different. The outside patio is such an elegant place to have a small reception. My wedding was for 45 guests and the space couldn't have been more perfect. It was romantic and a perfect size. Kayla and another server ( I cant remember her name) were phenomenal- beyond phenomenal. The weather the day off was not ideal- a huge storm came through the area and Amber did a wonderful job accommodating the guests for the weather- she also kept in touch with me about any changes. Do not hesitate to have your function here they are amazing!

Alix · Married on 04/14/2018

We could not have been more pleased with the Island Way Grill, Amber, and her staff. Our reception was literally better than we imagined because of Amber and her team. We were in close communication with Amber about 3 months before the wedding date. She was incredibly accommodating, flexible, and understanding of our many requests and wishes throughout the entire planning process and made it all happen without a hitch! The venue was set up exactly how we imagined and discussed, but somehow more beautiful. The staff helped set up the decorations and tables, and even boxed them up for us at the end of the night. The food was exactly what we wanted, but tastier and came out in perfect time. Our guests were commenting on how this was the best menu they had ever seen at a wedding, and the some of the best food they ever had, period. They even boxed up our leftover cake at the end of the night for us to take home. The drinks/cocktails were delicious and kept everyone happy all night. The servers and all the staff were so delightful and friendly and really wanted to make sure we were having a great time—and we absolutely did. We love the Island Way Grill and would recommend this venue to any couple who is looking for a beautiful reception space (we used the tiki deck), delicious food and beverages, and an incredibly professional and flexible team to work with!

Island Way Grill 7
    Island Way Grill 8
    Island Way Grill 9
    Island Way Grill 10
    Island Way Grill 11

Ramona · Married on 11/04/2017

What an awesome Reception we had, small and Intimate but big on Quality and Service. Amber was a charm to work with and mad everything work out perfectly.

Alan and Ramona

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

Wonderful Experience

Amber at Island Way was wonderful to work with. The room was perfect and the food was outstanding, as was the service. They took care of everything and it all came out perfect. I had several seating changes at the last minute due to cancellations and Amber was patient and worked with me to make sure everything went smoothly. So many of our guests complimented the food. For the price for steak and lobster at Island Way, other venues wanted to charge just as much or more for chicken. We are VERY pleased with our decision to have our cocktail hour and wedding reception here. I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding or other party. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience then the one we had at Island Way.

Susy · Married on 10/21/2017

We just had our wedding reception at Island Way Grill and could not be any happier with how everything turned out. Island Way Grill truly exceeded our expectations in all aspects of our wedding. Amber was great to work with she went above and beyond to make my wedding wonderful. The food was delicious..., with the most popular dish being the salmon. Amber and her team were very responsive throughout the planning process and were also great at ensuring that my wedding reception flowed smoothly. The staff really knows how to make an event successful which allowed us to be able to relax and have fun throughout the event. All Of my guest love the venue and food. With everything included and the quality of the food provided, Island Way Grill definitely offers a tremendous value for a wedding venue. Thank you Amber, and team for making our wedding day perfect! I would definitely highly recommend them

Ashley · Married on 10/21/2017

We had our reception at island way grill on the front patio about 80 people and it was spectular. Absolutely beautiful amber and her staff were amazing. working with her always made me feel calm the food was amazing best experience

Island Way Grill 12

Stephanie · Married on 04/28/2017

We had the reception for our 50 person wedding on the Front Tiki Deck at the Island Way Grill and I would absolutely book them again if I had to do it all over! Communication in the beginning (many months out, via email) sometimes seemed a little slow (I'll attribute that to me "needing" instant answers) but definitely picked up in the couple months leading up to the wedding. Day of service was INCREDIBLE! All of my guests raved about the food and Amber, Brian, and all their servers made sure that my husband and I were never without a drink in our hands throughout the entire night. Closing down after the wedding (something you would never really think of) was a breeze as they made sure that I went home with all of items that I needed and they even handled storing my leftover flowers so that they could be donated the next day. Honestly, they only complaint that anyone had was that there seemed to be no breeze on the deck (90 degrees in April!) and that there were no outdoor fans that they could cool off by. I would 100% recommend the Island Way Grill to any bride on her wedding day!

Sheri was great! The room was set beautifully and the food was excellent. Sheri did everything I had asked of her. I highly recommend the Island Way Grill.

Howard · Married on 12/19/2016

Event planner, Amber had the best "can do" attitude in all the planning and implementation for my daughter's wedding. The event proceeded seamlessly and Amber kept things moving smoothly and made sure all the guests were having their needs met. The site was also beautifully decorated with Christmas lights. Food there has always been great, but the quality and value was even better than expected.

Jeff · Married on 05/07/2016

We had our dinner/reception at IWG, and it was absolutely fantastic! The staff and service was impeccable. Every single guest at my wedding raved about the food and said "It was by far the BEST wedding food they've ever had!". We did the ultimate wedding package menu with them and the food was phenomenal. You can't go wrong by booking them for your reception.

• Kerry

Kerry · Married on 04/23/2016

We had our rehearsal dinner on Friday April 22nd at Island Way grille, which initially was planned for the outside deck. Without our fabulous two servers, we would not have been able to make the smooth transition inside-minutes before a storm rolled in! We cannot say enough about how FANTASTIC and professional our 2 servers were. I apologize for not remembering their names, but hope they get the recognition they both TRULY deserve! Both were very attentive, and our male server was in constant communication with us about the possible storm and did everything to make sure we were both happy and at ease. They handled our large party of 30 guests fabulously, and continued to do so after having to move us all inside! On top of the service, the food was absolutely outstanding. We had no concerns about having our destination wedding rehearsal dinner at Island Way, after eating dinner there the year before while visiting. We knew our guests would be getting a five star meal, and they were all so impressed by the service and food! The shuttle service was on time and helped us get all of our out of town guests there without any hassle. We are so grateful of the wonderful service and would recommend your location to anyone planning an event or looking for a fabulous meal on the water!

Megan · Married on 05/02/2015

We recently had our ceremony and reception at Island Way Grill and could not be happier with how everything turned out. Island Way Grill truly exceeded our expectations in all aspects of our wedding. The outdoor patio looked amazing with the uplighting and our decor that Amber and team setup for us. The food was delicious... so many of our guests said it was the best they had eaten at a wedding, with the most popular dish being the Filet Mignon and Lobster. Amber and team were very responsive throughout the planning process and were also great at ensuring the ceremony and reception flowed smoothly. The staff really knows how to make an event successful which allowed us to be able to relax and have fun throughout the evening. An added bonus were the shuttles provided that transported our guests between the restaurant and our hotel. With everything included and the quality of the food provided, Island Way Grill offers a tremendous value for a wedding venue. Thank you Amber, Sheri, and team for making our wedding day perfect!

Rebekah · Married on 04/11/2015

Island Way Grill was the perfect venue to work with! Amber and the rest of the team was top-notch. The venue is beautiful, and we didn't even add anything to the ceremony area. It was naturally beautiful. The food was wonderful, and all I heard was how awesome everything was. The service was excellent, and I was never hungry or thirsty (and I don't think anyone else was either!). Everything was absolutely perfect, and I couldn't have been happier! My husband and I love this place and were so happy to have our wedding here.

Mary · Married on 05/03/2014

Sheri, Amber and the team at Island Way Grill were wonderful to work with! I planned everything from out-of-state, and it turned out perfectly. We had an outdoor ceremony for about 115 people and it was beautiful - we didn't add decorations, special chairs, outdoor florals, etc... but it all looked wonderful. A beautiful backdrop/space - and we didn't have to worry about a thing!

The indoor cocktail hour and reception were also great. Sheri recommended a great list of vendors including 2BirdsEvents (flowers) and the Matt Winter Band - both of which worked out perfectly. The team at Island Way also set everything up - which was super helpful!

Everything from the ceremony chairs to the dinner linens were perfect and we weren't charged for them (a treat - considering most venues do). The prices were very fair, the food was delicious and the service was great. They also provided two 11 passenger mercedes vans to transfer guests to/from their hotels -- such a great touch!

We had a wonderful wedding and all of our guests had a blast! I definitely recommend!

Domenic · Married on 10/19/2013

Island Way Grill provided phenomenal food, service and bartending skills. Everyone was amazed at the food quality, and Brian at Island Way was instrumental in organizing the entire affair. He definitely helped make our lives easy that day.

Erica · Married on 09/07/2013

The staff did an amazing job setting up the room with our decorations: they brought my daughter's wedding vision to light. The room looked beautiful and we greatly appreciated the attention to detail.

The food was outstanding and my guests were thrilled with their choices and the attentiveness of the staff.

Every step of the process of planning my daughter’s wedding reception at the Island way Grill was a pleasure, and most of the communication was done from afar via email!

Tonia · Married on 08/29/2013

IWG was a wonderful venue!! Brian and Sheri were great to work with and SO helpful and more than flexible!!! Bobby and I had our wedding there on a beautiful Thursday morning at 10:00AM, with our reception following. The food was beautifully presented and tasted even better! For those couples on a budget who want to keep it classy, intimate, and memorable, Island Way Grill is definitely the way to go!!

Raena · Married on 05/25/2013

If you are considering getting married in Clearwater I highly recommend considering the Island Way Grill. They have menus that match any budget. My husband and I decided to do brunch, because who doesn't love mimosas and bacon? The price was very reasonable. There are no extra charges for set up, cake cutting or any of that other foolishness that you might get upcharged for. You pay for the food, alcohol, servers and gratuity.You get a beautiful, private room that is surrounded by windows that showcase a beautiful landscape. The restaurant part was open but we felt very secluded. The food was out of this world and the service provided by Sheri, Amber and Brian was top notch. There were even a couple of surprises: the silks that they used to decorate our table that housed all of the menu items matched our colors perfectly. It wasn't something I asked for, but it was the perfect touch. Additionally, my mom baked our wedding cake. In transport from Tampa to Clearwater my cake shifted and the top layer was messed up. The chef who not only handled my wedding, but all of the people eating at the restaurant that day, took the time and fixed my cake. I never knew that anything happened to the cake until after the wedding was over. Thank you Island Way for a beautiful wedding reception, wonderful food and a hospitable and attentive staff.

This restaurant was terrific. We had awesome dinners and a great waiter. Thank you for making our day great!

Kristina · Married on 02/27/2012

We planned our Clearwater Beach wedding from Orlando, doing all our venue/vender searching online. Thank goodness we found the Island Way Grill! The crew there is top notch! We planned the menu, signed the contracts, did it all via phone calls and emails, and the day of the wedding, everything went better than we could have imagined! They set up their outdoor deck area for us, the table settings and food displays were so beautiful, and they even printed up menu cards for each setting that said "Welcome to Kristy and Will's Wedding Celebration" which we had no idea they were going to do! They decorated the cake table for us...they went so above and beyond what we ever expected or could have hoped for. But most importantly, EVERY guest at our wedding has remarked how much they loved the food! That to me was the most rewarding part! You always hear that the thing everyone remembers most is the food, and for your guests to ALL compliment the food, and many saying they will be going back there to eat again...all I can say is WOW. Of all my vendors we worked with in Clearwater to have our wedding, Island Way Grill BY FAR did the best job!!

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/08/2011

We can't say enough good things about Sheri and her staff. They made our day absolutely perfect, easy and enjoyable! The Island Way Grill is a beautiful restaurant, and it photographed amazingly. The staff was fast, polite and efficient and nothing we or our guests asked for was too much trouble. They absolutely went above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed ourselves-anything we wanted, they provided it. All of our guests are still commenting how much fun our wedding was, how great the food tasted and how fantastic the location was.

I would very strongly recommend the Island Way Grill to anyone considering a wedding on Clearwater Beach. We toured other venues that were 3x as expensive and not half as nice- and we are still thrilled with our decision to have our wedding with them. We brought in favors, place cards, guest book tags, a chalkboard and other accessories for the cocktail hour and reception and Sheri & co had everything set up exactly like we wanted down to the smallest details and we weren't nickel and dimed for the setup. Sheri was extremely knowledgable and made helpful recommendations we would have overlooked. She truly knows how to make an event perfect and was so helpful we didn't even need to hire an event coordinator, as she oversaw everything herself. Five stars and two thumbs way up!

• Heather

Heather · Married on 06/07/2011

The Island Way Grill worked with a menu for my budget and my smal destination wedding of 30 people. I fave them a budget and they provided and plated meal with appetizers and an open bar. They also provided very nice shuttles from the ceremony site and the restaurant. Every one was very polite and the restaurant was GORGEOUS. It was difficult to find a place strictly online, but they were the most responsive and easiest venue to work with.

Ashley · Married on 02/11/2011

Island Way Grill was absolutely fantastic!!! We had our small ceremony and reception in the private room at the restaurant. We worked closely with Bryan and Sheri and they were absolutely amazing. We planned a wedding with about 50 guests in 10 days - not kidding!! You would've thought we'd planned for a year.

We hoped to have our ceremony outside on the patio but cold weather came in and we decided to do it inside. Everyone at Island Way took care of this hours before we were to begin so I had 0 ZERO worries that day of.

First off - the venue itself is great and requires few additions. They staff was very attentive during the reception both to myself and my groom - but also many guests told me this as well. The food is excellent, but it always is, and the menu was affordable.

I was overwhelmed by how well everything went and could not have asked for anything to have gone any better.

Leisha · Married on 11/06/2010

Island Way Grill was a perfect location for our elegant beach themed wedding. We had our ceremony outside on the patio, facing the water. The setting was beautiful! We had planned to have our cocktail hour outside, but because the weather was colder than usual, they set it up inside in the bar area. The crab cakes were our favorite! Then, our guests entered the reception room, that was set up beautifully. The food was served to all our guests within a few minutes, so that everyone was eating at the same time. The servers were very freindly and took care of our every need. All our guests were so impressed with the salmon, steak, and of course the wasabi mash potatoes! We had a great time, and everyone associated with Island Way Grill was helpful and professional! I would highly recommend them.

• kerbear620

Kerry Ann · Married on 09/25/2010

Sherri and Brian were amazing, absolutely amazing! The Island Way is a favorite restaurant of ours to visit and we knew that we would receive the highest quality service from them for our wedding reception too! We had a destination wedding in florida and we were concerned because we only had 30 guests but the Island Way was the way to go! The atmosphere of the restaurant is amazing and we held our reception on the private tiki deck which is beautiful! With all the light and candles and the view of the harbor it was just stunning! Every guest commented on how courteous the staff there was and how amazing the decor and how absolutely delicious the food was! We were amazing with how reasonable everything was! Any request we made was granted with no hesitation either! I would recommend the Island Way Grill to anyone and everyone!!!