Island Sound Reviews

323 | Saint Simons Island, GA

323 Reviews for Island Sound

Kenzie · Getting married on 09/14/2022

Amazing wedding with an awesome DJ!

Absolutely amazing experience! I cant thank Mike enough for all he did for us and how patient and understanding he made our special day. We had a BLAST!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Island Sound's reply:

Kenzie, Thank you for taking the time to review DJ Mike! Your wedding at Vic's on the River was absolutely unforgettable. It was an honor to be a part of your special day. Congrats again Mr. and Mrs. Kingsolver! -Elena Edwards, Office Assistant
  • Erin

Erin Shaffer · Getting married on 02/10/2021

Such a perfect night!!

Our DJ Karson was absolutely amazing! We had some unexpected rain at our outdoor wedding, but she wasn't phased and brought the party!! We were so happy with her performance at our wedding, she was so professional, knew exactly what needed to be done setting up and made it happen so everything ran smoothly throughout the night. She played amazing music that fit the mood perfectly and followed along with the questionnaire we had submitted. Using Island Sound was a great experience. The questionnaire they sent us was extremely thorough and made sure we had everything planned ahead of time. Island Sound was also great with communication by promptly answering any questions or concerns we had. We had our wedding at a venue with no internet and no power where the ceremony was held, but Island Sound was prepared and told us exactly what we needed to make it work! I would highly recommend going with this company, they are pros and know exactly how to make sure your wedding experience is great!!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Erin,

Thank you so much for this incredible review for DJ Karson!
    We deeply appreciate your thorough and thoughtful words regarding our services.

Congrats again to you and Ben!
    -Elena Edwards, Office Assistant
  • Alex

Alex · Getting married on 10/24/2020

Single handedly the best part of my wedding. Every guest complimented the DJ and had a blast on the dance floor!

Made booking so easy and it was the easiest part of planning my wedding.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Island Sound's reply:

Hey Alex, Thanks so much for rating us as 5 stars! Congrats again!!! -Elena Edwards, Office Assistant
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Getting married on 10/23/2020

Amazing DJ!!

Christian with island sound was AMAZING to work with! He is friendly, professional, and clearly has fun and loves his job. He was great with the crowd of guests and wonderful at keeping the night moving as the MC. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/19/2020

Island Sound's reply:

Elizabeth, Thank you so much for taking the time to review DJ Christian! Client reviews definitely hold weight, but when we receive 5 star reviews from planners that work with hundreds of DJ companies, it really means so much!!! We hope to work with you again soon. - Elena Edwards, Office Assistant
  • AStamp

Amy Stamp · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Excellent Service

Great experience. Super responsive, great deal and SO easy to work with!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Thank you so much, Amy!
    It's our pleasure. Looking forward to your big day at Shady Wagon Farm!

9am-10pm Mon-Fri
    9am-6pm Sat
    1-9pm Sun

Follow us on Instagram | @Islandsounddjs

Lindsay Lowery · Married on 06/13/2020

He was very Fabulous!

Our crowd LOVES to dance so the DJ was going to be a very important component of the night and he surely delivered! The dance floor was on fire all night long!

Sent on 06/20/2020

Island Sound's reply:

Thanks so much for rating us 5 Stars, Lindsay! We're so glad to have shared in your celebration at Village Creek Landing. Congrats again to you and Will!!!

Natasha Johnson · Married on 03/18/2020

Best DJ Services

Such an awesome time. Great services, great atmosphere and great attitude. Played everything we sent on our list and more. Also got the crowd involved with a little bit of karaoke. He even got on the dance floor and danced with us and our guests. Would highly encourage and reccomend this vendor and our DJ. Thanks for the awesome experience eventhough we had a small crowd to the world situation at hand. Still made it feel like a big wedding. Thank you.

Sent on 03/23/2020

Natasha,

We're so thankful for your 5 star review. With everything going on, it means so much that you took the time to give us feedback. It's encouraging to see first hand that despite the current state of the world, you and Ian celebrated your love and had a great time. We wish you all the best and blessings for a long and joy-filled marriage.
    -Elena Edwards, Office Assistant
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 03/07/2020

Would 100% recommend!!

Nate did an amazing job! He set up a FaceTime about a week in advance to get a feel for what we wanted on our wedding day which helped a lot. Throughout the night he made sure we were on track timeline wise and assured me he would handle all of the announcements. I asked if he would make a special toast to my father who passed about a month before the wedding and he did such a great job with it. The communication with the entire company was seamless for the entire year of planning. I would 100% book them again and can’t recommend Nate enough!!

Sent on 03/19/2020

Megan,
    Thank you for taking the time (especially during the craziness going on in the world right now!) to review DJ Nate. You shined a light in our office and we're so thankful for that. Glad to hear of Nate going above and beyond to make the night truly special. Congrats again to you and Geoff!!!
  • Cameron

Cameron Brooks · Married on 02/22/2020

Awesome DJ

DJ Christian was amazing!! We knew from the time he arrived to set up, when we heard him play my son’s favorite song right out the gate. My son said “mom he is gonna be awesome.” And he absolutely was. I got to listen while I got ready and we loved everything he played. He had the exact version of songs I wanted for the ceremony, and he timed them perfectly. Cocktail hour flowed right into our first dance. Then he got the crowd dancing and never stopped. Our guests loved his energy, as he was dancing behind his setup the entire night. You can just tell he loves what he does. The best way to describe Christian’s performance at our wedding is as I told him at the end of the night- it was as if he could read my mind, and played the exact songs I would’ve requested without me having to do so. He called me to introduce himself a couple of weeks before the wedding and he was available if I needed any questions answered. He really did a wonderful job and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing DJ services.

Sent on 03/02/2020

Island Sound's reply:

Cameron, first off, thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. Your message has been relayed to Christian and he couldn't be happier! We're so glad to hear of your incredible night and that Christian did such a good job. We're blessed to have him on our team. We wish you and Roger a lifetime of happiness together! -Elena Edwards, Office Assistant
  • Magnolia

Magnolia Roberts · Married on 12/14/2019

Awesome DJ!

DJ Amari was great! Kept the dance floor packed throughout the wedding. Also did a great job during the ceremony and pre-ceremony. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/17/2019

Island Sound's reply:

Hey Magnolia, Thank you for your review on DJ Amari! We appreciate your recommendation, and are so happy to hear of your great experience. Congratulations again to you and Mitchell! - Elena Edwards, Office Assistant
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/08/2019

We used Island Sound for our ceremony and reception music. Mark was absolutely great! He stuck with the timeline we gave him and communicated well with us throughout the night. The price was great compared to other djs and it was definitely worth it!

Sent on 11/25/2014

James Morse · Married on 12/07/2019

Great service and music!

Ron was great. A pleasure to work with and played wonderful music for dinner and for the dancing. He had the dance floor full all night.
    As father of the bride, I couldn’t be happier with our choice.

Sent on 12/10/2019

Island Sound's reply:

Thank you for your review, James! It was an honor to be a part of your daughter and new son-in-law's big day. If you ever need additional DJ services in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. Warmly,
    Elena Edwards, Office Assistant

Mallory Hansen · Married on 11/16/2019

Excellent Wedding DJ

Island Sound did an incredible job at our wedding. They are very responsive, professional, and good at their job! They do an excellent job gathering information. In addition to that, they make your reception unique to your wishes. They work your ideas and thoughts. They are very personable and make sure to introduce themselves. DJ Nate was the best!!

Sent on 11/26/2019

Island Sound's reply:

Mallory, Thank you so much for your kind words about our services. This is the exact experience we strive for, and are so happy to hear of your wonderful time. We wish you and Brent all the best! Congratulations again!!! - Elena Edwards, Office Assistant

Ashley Berger · Married on 11/16/2019

Great DJ and videographer

We used Island Sound for the DJ and Videographer. We were very happy with Taylor as our DJ. Upon talking with him the week of the wedding, we let him know we wanted a good dance party and he delivered that to us perfectly! He did a great job ensuring the party kept going.

Rainey was our videographer and we can’t wait to see our video and testimonials. Her and her partner were everywhere our party was and I know she was able to capture all the meaningful moments.

We highly recommend Island Sound for your DJ and Videographing needs.

Sent on 12/09/2019

Ashley,
    Thank you for your 5 star review of our DJ Taylor and Videographer Rainey! We're so excited to hear of your wonderful experience and share your excitement to see the finished video! We are sure that it is going to be simply beautiful. We deeply appreciate your recommendation.
    Congrats again to you and Chris!
  • Amy

Amy Reichle · Married on 11/05/2019

Responsive, professional and fun!

I chose Island Sound because their office staff (Elena) was so quick to respond to all of my questions and concerns via email. Since Island Sound is a DJ group, I felt at ease that they would provide a quality DJ for my wedding. The website with DJ videos and interviews was helpful too!

A few months before the wedding, we were sent the questionnaire packet. I thought that the questions were helpful for the DJ to understand our music taste and to get a feel for the timeline for events. We didn't want any of the typical "wedding songs,line dances etc" played at our wedding, so I was happy that the questionnaire included "DO NOT PLAY" songs.

We were assigned DJ Ronald one month before our wedding date and after a 30 minute phone call, I felt confident that he was going to fit right in. He responded to my dozens of last minute texts the week my wedding which put my mind at ease! I got a phone call from the Island Sound head office a few days before my wedding to check in and wish us luck which I thought was nice. Their offices are open on Saturdays, and I was told I could call if I needed anything.

On the wedding day, no one was at the venue when Ronald arrived 2 hours before hand to set up, but he was able to figure it all out. He introduced himself to me right away when he saw the wedding party arrive at the reception venue, and had our entrance song play right on time.

Ronald was very flexible all night and kept checking in to make sure we we happy with how things were flowing. We ended up nixing some announcements and dances and he had no problem with that. When we decided to have our "first dance" later in the night, he stopped everything, made the announcement and played our song on the spot. I loved how he was able to help us have everything happen more naturally, in our less structured style- it was perfect and I know not all DJs could go with the flow like that. So Ronald was really great for us. My friends danced for hours on end and he kept the dance floor packed. He took requests from my guests, but also mixed in other songs to keep things fresh. He never simply let a song play through- he's a true DJ! I have gotten nothing but positive reviews about Ronald from my friends since our wedding day- everyone LOVED the music.

100% recommend Island Sound and DJ Ronald!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Amy,

I literally just teared up at my desk reading this. Reviews and weddings like yours remind us why we're in the wedding industry. We put our heart into everything that we do and we're so so glad to hear of your wonderful experience!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review.

We wish you and Chad a lifetime of happiness together- congratulations again!!!

9am-10pm Mon-Fri
    9am-6pm Sat
    1-9pm Sun
    Follow us on Instagram | @Islandsounddjs
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 10/26/2019

Such a good time!

I always knew I wanted a DJ for the wedding because I wanted it to be easy. They knew exactly how to read our crowd and played the right songs to keep the mood light during dinner and keep the party going during the reception. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Island Sound's reply:

Erin, Thank you so much for your amazing review of DJ Karson! We're so glad to have been a part of your celebration. Congrats again to you and Ben! - Elena Edwards, Office Assistant

Haleigh · Married on 10/19/2019

The music was a huge piece to the wedding

Our DJ was Brian Walsh and he brought along Carson. The two of them were so fun! Our guests were dancing all night long. The music played was the exact music we asked for! I felt he truly listened to us and knew how to read the crowd! Everyone that works for island sound was so personable!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Haleigh and Kory,
    So glad to hear of your incredible experience with DJs Brian and Karson! Thank you so much for your review. We wish you a lifetime of happiness together! Congrats again!!!
  • Jenna

Jenna Lattanzi · Married on 10/05/2019

High Quality DJ

We used Island Sound for our wedding DJ services on 10/5/19 at the King and Prince resort on St Simons Island and could not be happier! They were a great company to work with! They were always easy to communicate with, professional, and friendly! We planned our wedding from across the country and Island Sound made me feel at ease and that I could trust their experience with our venue! Our DJ was Nate Brown and he was wonderful! We have so many happy memories from our wedding reception dancing and singing and are grateful to have had a DJ who was able to keep our crowd having fun! He made sure to check in with me as I had a few reception specific songs planned and everything went Perfect! You will not go wrong with Island Sound!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Jenna,
    Thank you so much for reviewing us and DJ Nate! We absolutely love working at The King and Prince Resort, and loved celebrating you and your husband that much more! Congratulations again Mr. and Mrs. Eric Prokopovich!

Lori Wampler · Married on 09/28/2019

Recommend 100%

Alex and Island Sound were professional and the process was exactly as advertised. Alex did a great job with bridal party introductions and the music was on point all night as well. Big thanks to him for not taking some requests that he knew were not consistent with the vibe we wanted. 100% would recommend and use again.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Lori,
    Thank you so much for your 5 star review of DJ Alex! So glad to hear of your incredible experience, and that Alex honored your requests.
    We wish you and Jess a lifetime of happiness!

Alexa Arastoo · Married on 09/28/2019

Everyone loved our music!

Our DJ (Spencer) really made our wedding special. We got so many compliments on the music afterward. Even for the cocktail hour and dinner, the ambient music was really perfect. Spencer is very friendly with a great energy.
    Also, the company is great. We had our ceremony and reception in 2 different locations in the same building, in addition to a lapel mic for the officiant, with no extra charges. Not a single glitch or problem throughout the night.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Alexa,

So glad to hear of your experience with DJ Spencer! We deeply value your feedback, and that of your guests as well. Thank you for your 5 star review!

Congratulations again!!!

Erica Steiner · Married on 09/21/2019

Perfect, best dj ever

Brian and Chasity did so great. Really listened to what we wanted and went above and beyond. If I have have a big event again I wont hesitate to call Island Sound!!!!!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Island Sound's reply:

Thank you so much for reviewing Brian and Chasity, Erica! We are thankful for your recommendation and hope to work with you in the future. Congrats again Mr. and Mrs. Steiner!

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2019

DJ Spencer was amazing!

We had Spencer as our DJ for our wedding outside of Asheville, NC. He was seriously awesome. The company was easy to work with throughout the whole process. They provided sound equipment for our outdoor service and were able to provide an awesome playlist even though there was no Wifi at our venue. The music was spot on and matched what we wanted perfectly! The music kept folks on the dance floor all night. Overall would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Jessica,

Thank you so much for your review of Spencer!
    It means so much that you rated us 5 stars for DJ services, and that everything went perfectly to your exact vision.
    We wish you and Tori a lifetime of happiness together!

• Lane

Lane Stickley · Married on 09/14/2019

Captured the vibe of our wedding perfectly!

We loved working with Island Sound - not only were they one of the most competitive price-wise, but their reviews were great and they booked everything online which made working with them easy. In the month before the wedding, they had us fill out an incredibly comprehensive list of songs we wanted played during different times. We were a little worried about how to explain the vibe we were going for - mostly young people with an interest in everything from top 40 to hip hop to country to reggae - but Alex captured the vibe perfectly and we had to force people off the dance floor at the end. Would recommend to anyone who wants people dancing and moving the whole time!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Lane,
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review for DJ Alex! So glad to hear that he captured the vibe you were looking for and that the night was full of dancing and fun! We wish you and Tommy a lifetime of happiness together!

Jesse Bolt · Married on 08/18/2019

Best DJ Ever!!

Island Sound is an extremely professional company. We had nothing but exceptional service from the start of the process to the very end. I highly, highly recommend Island Sound!! We had such an amazing DJ by the name of DeShawn Harris! He absolutely made the ceremony and the reception both memorable and fun! He was 100% professional and it was obvious to all guests that he truly loves his job. I honestly wish we could do an event once a month and have him as our DJ! He was just so much fun and the music he played was great. Many times he came out and showed guests how to do a particular dance! Everyone came up to me and my husband before they left and remarked that DeShawn was the best DJ they had ever seen. DeShawn was just super fun and a great guy. He absolutely made our reception!! We just can't say enough good things about him or Island Sound.

Sent on 08/27/2019

Jesse,

Thank you for taking the time to review DeShawn! So glad to hear of your incredible experience. We would love to celebrate with you once a month!!! Congratulations again Mr. and Mrs. Bolt!