Island Sound Reviews

Island Sound 6
Island Sound 7
  • Alex

Alex · Getting married on 10/24/2020

Single handedly the best part of my wedding. Every guest complimented the DJ and had a blast on the dance floor!

Made booking so easy and it was the easiest part of planning my wedding.

Sent on 01/02/2018
  • AStamp

Amy Stamp · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Excellent Service

Great experience. Super responsive, great deal and SO easy to work with!

Sent on 02/01/2019

Thank you so much, Amy!
    It's our pleasure. Looking forward to your big day at Shady Wagon Farm!

• Michelle

Michelle · Getting married on 12/08/2019

We used Island Sound for our ceremony and reception music. Mark was absolutely great! He stuck with the timeline we gave him and communicated well with us throughout the night. The price was great compared to other djs and it was definitely worth it!

Sent on 11/25/2014
  • Amy

Amy Reichle · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Responsive, professional and fun!

I chose Island Sound because their office staff (Elena) was so quick to respond to all of my questions and concerns via email. Since Island Sound is a DJ group, I felt at ease that they would provide a quality DJ for my wedding. The website with DJ videos and interviews was helpful too!

A few months before the wedding, we were sent the questionnaire packet. I thought that the questions were helpful for the DJ to understand our music taste and to get a feel for the timeline for events. We didn't want any of the typical "wedding songs,line dances etc" played at our wedding, so I was happy that the questionnaire included "DO NOT PLAY" songs.

We were assigned DJ Ronald one month before our wedding date and after a 30 minute phone call, I felt confident that he was going to fit right in. He responded to my dozens of last minute texts the week my wedding which put my mind at ease! I got a phone call from the Island Sound head office a few days before my wedding to check in and wish us luck which I thought was nice. Their offices are open on Saturdays, and I was told I could call if I needed anything.

On the wedding day, no one was at the venue when Ronald arrived 2 hours before hand to set up, but he was able to figure it all out. He introduced himself to me right away when he saw the wedding party arrive at the reception venue, and had our entrance song play right on time.

Ronald was very flexible all night and kept checking in to make sure we we happy with how things were flowing. We ended up nixing some announcements and dances and he had no problem with that. When we decided to have our "first dance" later in the night, he stopped everything, made the announcement and played our song on the spot. I loved how he was able to help us have everything happen more naturally, in our less structured style- it was perfect and I know not all DJs could go with the flow like that. So Ronald was really great for us. My friends danced for hours on end and he kept the dance floor packed. He took requests from my guests, but also mixed in other songs to keep things fresh. He never simply let a song play through- he's a true DJ! I have gotten nothing but positive reviews about Ronald from my friends since our wedding day- everyone LOVED the music.

100% recommend Island Sound and DJ Ronald!

Sent on 05/15/2019

Amy,

I literally just teared up at my desk reading this. Reviews and weddings like yours remind us why we're in the wedding industry. We put our heart into everything that we do and we're so so glad to hear of your wonderful experience!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review.

We wish you and Chad a lifetime of happiness together- congratulations again!!!

• Jenna

Jenna Lattanzi · Married on 10/05/2019

High Quality DJ

We used Island Sound for our wedding DJ services on 10/5/19 at the King and Prince resort on St Simons Island and could not be happier! They were a great company to work with! They were always easy to communicate with, professional, and friendly! We planned our wedding from across the country and Island Sound made me feel at ease and that I could trust their experience with our venue! Our DJ was Nate Brown and he was wonderful! We have so many happy memories from our wedding reception dancing and singing and are grateful to have had a DJ who was able to keep our crowd having fun! He made sure to check in with me as I had a few reception specific songs planned and everything went Perfect! You will not go wrong with Island Sound!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Lori Wampler · Married on 09/28/2019

Recommend 100%

Alex and Island Sound were professional and the process was exactly as advertised. Alex did a great job with bridal party introductions and the music was on point all night as well. Big thanks to him for not taking some requests that he knew were not consistent with the vibe we wanted. 100% would recommend and use again.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Lori,
    Thank you so much for your 5 star review of DJ Alex! So glad to hear of your incredible experience, and that Alex honored your requests.
    We wish you and Jess a lifetime of happiness!
    - Elena Edwards, Office Assistant

Alexa Arastoo · Married on 09/28/2019

Everyone loved our music!

Our DJ (Spencer) really made our wedding special. We got so many compliments on the music afterward. Even for the cocktail hour and dinner, the ambient music was really perfect. Spencer is very friendly with a great energy.
    Also, the company is great. We had our ceremony and reception in 2 different locations in the same building, in addition to a lapel mic for the officiant, with no extra charges. Not a single glitch or problem throughout the night.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Erica Steiner · Married on 09/21/2019

Perfect, best dj ever

Brian and Chasity did so great. Really listened to what we wanted and went above and beyond. If I have have a big event again I wont hesitate to call Island Sound!!!!!

Sent on 09/25/2019

Island Sound's reply:

Thank you so much for reviewing Brian and Chasity, Erica! We are thankful for your recommendation and hope to work with you in the future. Congrats again Mr. and Mrs. Steiner!

Jessica · Married on 09/14/2019

DJ Spencer was amazing!

We had Spencer as our DJ for our wedding outside of Asheville, NC. He was seriously awesome. The company was easy to work with throughout the whole process. They provided sound equipment for our outdoor service and were able to provide an awesome playlist even though there was no Wifi at our venue. The music was spot on and matched what we wanted perfectly! The music kept folks on the dance floor all night. Overall would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Jessica,

Thank you so much for your review of Spencer!
    It means so much that you rated us 5 stars for DJ services, and that everything went perfectly to your exact vision.
    We wish you and Tori a lifetime of happiness together!

• Lane

Lane Stickley · Married on 09/14/2019

Captured the vibe of our wedding perfectly!

We loved working with Island Sound - not only were they one of the most competitive price-wise, but their reviews were great and they booked everything online which made working with them easy. In the month before the wedding, they had us fill out an incredibly comprehensive list of songs we wanted played during different times. We were a little worried about how to explain the vibe we were going for - mostly young people with an interest in everything from top 40 to hip hop to country to reggae - but Alex captured the vibe perfectly and we had to force people off the dance floor at the end. Would recommend to anyone who wants people dancing and moving the whole time!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Lane,
    Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review for DJ Alex! So glad to hear that he captured the vibe you were looking for and that the night was full of dancing and fun! We wish you and Tommy a lifetime of happiness together!

Jesse Bolt · Married on 08/18/2019

Best DJ Ever!!

Island Sound is an extremely professional company. We had nothing but exceptional service from the start of the process to the very end. I highly, highly recommend Island Sound!! We had such an amazing DJ by the name of DeShawn Harris! He absolutely made the ceremony and the reception both memorable and fun! He was 100% professional and it was obvious to all guests that he truly loves his job. I honestly wish we could do an event once a month and have him as our DJ! He was just so much fun and the music he played was great. Many times he came out and showed guests how to do a particular dance! Everyone came up to me and my husband before they left and remarked that DeShawn was the best DJ they had ever seen. DeShawn was just super fun and a great guy. He absolutely made our reception!! We just can't say enough good things about him or Island Sound.

Sent on 08/27/2019

Jesse,

Thank you for taking the time to review DeShawn! So glad to hear of your incredible experience. We would love to celebrate with you once a month!!! Congratulations again Mr. and Mrs. Bolt!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/03/2019

Dance all night long

Island sound was great! We got everything we wanted and needed for the venue and our DJ was awesome! Everyone had so much fun dancing!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Emily,

Thank you for taking the time to review DJ Johnathon Pedro! Glad to hear you and your guests had a great night! Congratulations again Mr. and Mrs. Olivares!!!

matt · Married on 07/27/2019

Fantastic DJ

This review is for DJ in North East Ohio. Island sound was extremely easy to book with. We were assigned Ronald about a month out from the wedding. He was quick to respond and worked through some extra requests prior to the event. Something happened with the main company that they didn't send him some information we submitted (songs etc.) but Ronald still worked with us to make sure he got all the information that he would need the day of. He also ensured to offer to call the day before to make sure everything was set.

Day of we needed ceremony audio along with cocktail hour and reception. I never needed to track him down he was always ready and set-up. He checked in when ever he had a question (we had some announcements with no time and he worked them right into the night). We even made a quick last minute change to our last song and he did not skip a beat. Highly recommend Ronald as your DJ. As I said above, Island Sound, while easy to book, did miss sending him everything on time, But Ronald ensured he had everything he needed and that we were totally comfortable going into it.

Sent on 07/30/2019

Island Sound's reply:

Matt, Thank you for taking the time to review Ronald and our office team. It seems the form was sent but Ronald relayed that once he refreshed his account, he was able to view the form. Our apologies for any miscommunication. Glad to hear that the night was filled with smooth transitions and that you and your guests had a memorable time. We wish you and Brittany a lifetime of happiness! -Elena Edwards, Office Assistant
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 07/13/2019

Dancing in Savannah!

Mike from Island Sound was awesome! I gave him my huge list of songs and he managed to play them and plus some! He did our ceremony and reception music and everything was perfect! He got people to get up and on the dance floor and made it fun! I highly recommend Island Sound for any event!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Island Sound's reply:

Michelle, Your wedding at Vic's on the River was one we will never forget! Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your special day. We appreciate your review :)
  • Stacy

Stacy Ratliff · Married on 07/06/2019

Island Sound = AMAZING!

Our DJ was great. I have to admit I was a bit worried that I wasn't going to meet our DJ until the day of our wedding but I trusted other reviews and they were right!!! He was beyond accommodating and checked in with me all the time making sure we were ok and having fun! He kept the crowd engaged and played all the music we had requested and on cue!! Highly recommend this company, from the office staff to the DJ, everything was superb!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Island Sound's reply:

Thank you for your review, Stacy! So glad to hear of your 5 star experience. -Elena Edwards, Office Assistant

Bonnie · Married on 06/15/2019

A Great Choice

Morgan from Island Sound did a great job at our reception! He was very professional and organized. He was also flexible in the timeline and focused on making the night go just the way we wanted. Everything flowed smoothly and the music was perfect!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Island Sound's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Bonnie!

We're so happy to hear that everything went well on your big day.

Congratulations to you and Sean!

Cheers,

Mike Hall

Operations Manager | DJ

mike@islandsoundlive.com

9am-9pm Mon-Fri

Cathy Shelton · Married on 06/08/2019

Nate was Simply Great!

D J Nate was absolutely great to work with. He was on time, personable, and professional. We had a variety of ages in attendance and he was able to span the decades with his musical choices. He made all of us happy with the types of music he played. I would highly recommend Island Sound and if you are lucky to get Nate assigned to your event, you won't have one thing to worry about. The party will be on! Great job!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Cathy,

Thank you for reviewing Nate. Glad to hear of your wonderful experience and Nate's versatility and flexibility throughout the night. We wish you and Dean a lifetime of happiness together!

• Clay

Clay Caldwell · Married on 06/07/2019

Silent Disco!

This was my first Silent Disco experience and I have to say, one of the most fun parties I've been to. The DJ kept a great variety of tunes pumping on multiple different headset channels. A lot of fun switching back and forth and dancing along with friends.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Clay,
    Thank you for taking the time to review us! Glad to hear you and your friends had such a great time. Hope we can serve you again in the future.

Cheers,
    Elena Edwards | Office Assistant

Erin · Married on 06/01/2019

Spencer was amazing! So much fun

We had Spencer as our DJ and he was amazing! He totally got our music tastes which were all over the place and he kept the party going all night. We got so many recommendations on the music and Spencer was a blast. He taught my grandmother the wobble, it was awesome I will never forget it!! I cannot say enough good things about Spencer or island sound! So happy I hired them!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Erin,

Thank you for reviewing DJ Spencer! It means so much to us that you and your guests had so much fun, and we're cracking up about him teaching your grandma the Wobble!!! Would love to see that if anyone got it on video!

Congrats again to you and Clifton!!!

Steve · Married on 06/01/2019

Go DJ, That's My DJ

Our DJ Aaron had the crowd dancing all night long. He was very professional, easy to work with, and allowed us a lot of input into the music we wanted to play. Having a packed dance floor was very important to us and he did not disappoint. If you get a chance to work with Aaron/Island Sound, you won't regret it!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Island Sound's reply:

Steve, your tag line is so funny!!! We love how much you love Aaron! Thank you for reviewing him- we're so glad that you and your guests had such an amazing experience. Congrats again to you and Laura!

Megan · Married on 05/25/2019

Awesome wedding DJ

We chose Island sound for our wedding DJ for our wedding in Asheville. We were from out of town so we based our decision solely off of reviews, and believe me the reviews were 100% true. The whole process of booking was very easy, organized and detailed. Spencer was our DJ, and we could not have asked for a better guy. He honored all of our requests, and was very flexible with last minute changes. He kept our crowd engaged and entertained the whole night, and kept guests on the dance floor. We want to thank Island Sound and especially Spencer for being a big part of making our Wedding so special. We definitely recommend choosing Island Sound and Spencer for your wedding needs!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Megan,

We're thrilled to hear of your experience with our office and DJ Spencer! Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Your wedding at The Country Club of Asheville was unforgettable!

We wish you and Sam a lifetime of happiness together.
    Congratulations again Mr. and Mrs. Murari!

• Raquel

Raquel · Married on 05/25/2019

Hire them what are you waiting for?!

Yes, at first I was super hesitant to hire a vendor that I couldn't speak with face to face and especially not meet or speak with my DJ until a few weeks before my wedding. However, I went along with their reviews and hired them. From the first phone call/conversation with Elena I had nothing but a pleasant experience with Island Sound. She answered all of my questions no matter how small and sent me detailed information. They have so much to offer and for such an affordable price point. I was so pleased with their website and the ease of the entire process. They keep up with you through email and phone calls before your wedding to make sure everything is OK and if you need anymore assistance. Now our DJ... Spencer was the most professional and hard working guy I've met. He was a one man show and everything went off without a hitch. We spoke on the phone about our whole ceremony and reception and was able to get all the songs I requested with no issues. I was concerned about music being a multi cultural wedding but gave him all the types of music we like and Oh My Word! The party was non-stop! Not even the heat could stop my wedding guests! Everyone was dancing and the mix of music was so fun and entertaining. It's exactly what we wanted and we are so happy to have chosen Island Sound as our entertainment. We will definitely be using them again in the future!

Sent on 07/02/2019
    Island Sound 8
    Island Sound 9
    Island Sound 10
    Island Sound 11

Raquel,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review! It means so much that we were able make the process easy, and that you and your guests had an amazing evening. Thank you for choosing Island Sound. Congratulations again to you and Aaron! We love the pics you sent!!!

John · Married on 05/25/2019

Awesome experience overall

Working with Alex from Island Sound was as easy as one could ask for. He kept everyone dancing the whole night and we received several compliments about how great the music was and how fun it was on the dance floor. Alex did an incredible job, and Island Sound was extremely affordable. We felt like we got much more than what we paid for.

Alex had no problem finding any song request, even some fairly odd ones from friends and family. The sound quality was great, the volume level was great, and Alex did a great job with announcements and helping the "flow" at the beginning of the wedding. We would absolutely recommend both Island Sound and Alex for your wedding/event. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Island Sound's reply:

John, We are so happy to hear of your incredible experience with Alex! Your recommendation means so much to us!!! Congratulations again Mr. and Mrs. Broome!

Samantha · Married on 05/18/2019

Perfect music selection and fun to work with!

Island Sound and DJ Nate were fantastic! Their booking process is super simple and all of the office staff are friendly and professional. Nate was our assigned DJ and he could not have done a better job with the song selection at our reception. He was so easy to work with, it felt like he was part of the family! We had so much fun with Nate and Island Sound. Thank you for making our big day a huge success!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Samantha,
    Thank you for taking the time to review DJ Nate! Thank you also for your feedback regarding the booking process and your interaction with the office staff. Your kind words have been passed along to the entire team. We wish you and Brett the very best- congrats again Mr. and Mrs. Kavulich!

Hillary · Married on 05/18/2019

Deshawn is awesome!

DeShawn was our DJ and he was PHENOMENAL! We chatted with him several times before the wedding and he helped us make some last minute song decisions. He arrived to the venue way ahead of schedule just to make sure everything was set up and ready to go with plenty of time to spare (just in case!), and there were no hiccups along the way. He was timely, professional, FUN, and overall incredible to work with. He made our ceremony and reception absolutely perfect and we can't thank him enough! You'll be very lucky if you get DeShawn as your DJ!!!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Island Sound's reply:

Thank you for reviewing us, Hillary!
    So glad to hear of your phenomenal experience!!!
    We wish you and Caleb a lifetime of happiness together.