ISLAND IMPORTER Reviews

17 | Ashland, OR

17 Reviews for ISLAND IMPORTER

• Dena

Dena DiOrio · Married on 07/20/2019

Great beach wedding attire!

We chose Island Importer for the groom and the groomsmen attire because of the high quality of their linen apparel. My husband got a custom-made linen suit in Ash Grey and the groomsmen wore matching linen shirts and pants. The high quality of the products and the quick shipping time was perfect. We couldn't be happier on how the whole look turned out! Perfect for a beach wedding!

Sent on 07/31/2019

ISLAND IMPORTER's reply:

Dear Dena,
    Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback! We certainly do strive to exceed our customer's expectations with flexible, highly personalized, customer service and same-day shipping. We are delighted to hear that your wedding was perfect! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of it. We always love to see photos of our customer’s weddings. Please take a moment to share them with us on our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/IslandImporter/

bebeci · Married on 06/08/2016

Island importer is amazing! They’re prices are very reasonable, even with the CDN to US exchange rate! In addition, if you spend over $500.00 your international shipping was tracked and free. Canadians take into account that import taxes were around $220.00 (Oregon to Calgary). I purchased 4 vests, 4 almafi pants, & 6 linen shirts. Taxes are not determined by them. However, I saw their exact product at a local store, and even with the customs and exchange rate, it was still worth it to order directly from them.
    Their website is very easy use. Their customer service team has a great response rate. They responded to all my questions and concerns within 24 hours. We ordered it from the States, they shipped the very next day, and it was at our door within a week. However, you should still try to order months before your big day because sometimes the post and customs has delay. We actually ordered our groomsmen clothing 8 months ahead, so that we could hand deliver it to our out of town groomsmen this Christmas, try the sizing out, and if we needed time to send it back, we could, but the sizing was perfect!
    Do the linen shirts work? Well, my fiancé bought an extra linen almafi dress shirt to test out while we were in Mexico for our resort site visit. The Riviera weather was approx. 29 degrees and very, very humid. Furthermore, my fiancé sweats pretty easily, and this dress shirt was able to mask the sweat and keep him fairly dry.
    In addition, my fiancé had brought a few other dress shirts for comparison, and his linen shirt was his favorite. He said when there was a slight breeze you could really feel it. However, in the normal dress shirt, he said it was like “wearing plastic.” In addition, it’s worth it to order their color swatches.
    Destination wedding couples, definitely consider this company for your men’s destination wedding attire.

Sent on 01/06/2016

My husband and I were searching for linen clothing for our destination wedding. We live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and the options were very limited and very expensive. One of the employees at a men's store suggested Island Importer and we ordered pants, shirts and a linen vests for the men. The quality was great, cost was great and they shipped very quickly. The only thing I will say is that the "grey" is much more of a tan color but it was still really nice!

Sent on 11/22/2015

krystal · Married on 10/29/2015

nice quality, fast shipping. very stylish, easy to order.

Sent on 05/12/2015

Ryan · Married on 05/09/2015

They provided outfits for our entire male bridal party and they all looked great. Outfits are exactly as described and shipped on time if not sooner

Sent on 07/04/2015

chrysta · Married on 01/10/2015

We recently had a destination wedding and we used Island Importer for the grooms wedding party. They were great! The clothes came in all sizes and were nice and were delivered fast! All our men looked super sharp in their linens!

Sent on 01/23/2015
  • Christa and Carl

Christa · Married on 11/05/2014

Island Importer dressed my groom and his groomsmen. Not only was the quality of the linen suits superb, they got shipped to us so quickly! I definitely recommend them if you're looking for beach wedding attire with amazing quality at a great price. My men looked wildly handsome for our November beach wedding so thank you Island Importer!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Outstanding company! Fast shipping, Excellent customer service. I ordered pants for my fiancé for our destination beach wedding. I loved them so much I bought a pair for the best man. They may be a little pricey but the quality is well worth the price. I went back & ordered the linen shorts & a couple short sleeve linen shirts in two different colors. I loved everything we received. Will purchase from Island Importers again!!

Sent on 03/28/2014

Caroline · Married on 08/11/2012

Outfitted all the men in our bridal party, the father of the bride and the groom, and my handsome new husband :) they all looked fantastic! Great service, reasonable prices, beautiful clothing <3

Sent on 08/31/2012
  • F

Amy · Married on 08/15/2009

I loved my bridesmaid dresses and so did my bridesmaids!!!! Wonderful for a beach wedding!!! Great customer service!!! I highly recommend!!!!!

Sent on 05/13/2011

Brandie · Married on 06/07/2008

We ordered my husband's pants and shirt from here. It was a beach wedding, so the men had linen clothing. My mother ordered us matching foot jewlery and necklaces. We loved them so much I ordered the necklaces for all my bride's maids as well. Great website- totally recommended!

Sent on 07/13/2008

We had our wedding in St. John on 7/25/07 and I just wanted to thank Island Importer for great customer service and a GREAT product. We ordered dresses in the sunset colors and 3 of the linen shirts in natural and they looked AWESOME on our wedding party. My daughters looked amazing in the dresses and the colors were PERFECT!! I felt like I looked around forever and when I stumbled upon your website I finally found exactly what I wanted! Thanks again for helping make our wedding unforgettable. I will definitely buy from Island Importer again and recommend your site!

Sent on 08/08/2012

met all our expectations and much more.

Sent on 03/23/2015
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/25/2011

3.0

Groom and groomsmen got their linen shirts from Island Importers. They seemed a bit pricey to me but they looked perfect at our outdoor ceremony. I wish the material were a bit thicker so they would not have been so sheer.

Sent on 06/26/2011

Allison · Married on 09/27/2017

2.2
      1.0

In the beginning, I really thought I'd be rating Island Importera 5. I looked at their men's items and sizing, but I decided to take measurements myself and send to customer service to double check. Much to my surprise, I actually received a phone call. The gentleman was polite and made his recommendation which for a pair of linen pants was larger than the usual size in my fiancé's closet. But ok- I'll take the advice.
    Receive the pants and they're too big. Ok- well that's unfortunate but not a big deal...I'll send them back. Get the next size down, and they're still too big. At this point, I'm questioning the size on the tag because they didn't even "match" that size of multiple pairs of pants in his closet. And again- this is a man's waist; pretty basic stuff. So I called customer service since they were so nice the first time. The guy sounded like he was calling from outside doing I don't know what and was stand-offish from the get go. I asked for advice on what I was experiencing and if it was a mistake or if I should send back for yet another size down. Keep in mind- we're now potentially 4 INCHES off what I was RECOMMENDED to purchase for a waist size on men's pants. Guy was extremely rude and basically scolded me on the fact that a size 32 pant wouldn't be like most size 32 pants and why on earth would I even think that. I reminded him of what I did in the beginning and that I was simply frustrated that I would have to spend another $15 on shipping. I don't think that's good customer service (I would have first ordered a 32 and probably would have just returned it the one time- no big deal). He then got confrontational and asked me for my name. I said- I simply wanted to ask advice and voice my concern at what I was told vs what was clearly the reality and if he didn't feel the need to make it right or apologize, there's nothing more to say.
    The clothing itself was great, but buyer beware if you ask for sizing advice.

Sent on 09/02/2017

G Money · Married on 01/17/2019

1.2
      2.0

Buyer beware

Buyer Beware!
    Buyer Beware. I recently purchased two pairs of the Amalfi pants under the impression that they would require a standard washing procedure because nowhere on Island Importer's website indicates otherwise. I was misled, and to my surprise they require Dry Clean Only. I specifically stayed away from other pants such as the Linen Madrid because it was clearly stated that require Dry Clean Only.
    I kindly reported my issue to their customer service representative in hopes of receiving a pre-paid return shipping label so that I may return them for a refund. The representative rudely stated NO "we do not offer pre-paid return shipping under any circumstance and that if I had a question regarding the laundering care of the pants I should have contacted them before my purchase".
    In conclusion, Island Importer's web page is misleading so call ahead if you have any questions about care before you purchase anything. The pants I'm sure are great but Island Importer's customer service is not.

Sent on 01/17/2019

Josh D Dekubber ·

1.0

Worst experience ever! Extremely rude and unprofessional

I DO NOT RECOMMEND!!! THIS PLACE IS EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON I TALKED TO RYAN IS EXTREMELY RUDE!!

Sent on 10/02/2019