Ishan Fotografi Reviews

Ishan Fotografi 6
Ishan Fotografi 7
  • Sonam

Sonam · Married on 02/01/2019

The Dynamic Duo of my dreams!

Ishan Fotographi came highly recommended by our friends and from the moment we spoke to Ishan, we immediately knew that we wanted to work with him. Ishan and his wife, Preeti were our photographers for our mehndi, ceremony and reception and were a DREAM to work with. From the moment they came to take our getting ready shots at 6 am, they made us very comfortable and and coached us on posing and standing in natural light that would help us get some incredible shots. They also were very quick on their feet - adapting throughout the day to get amazing shots - ie: from quirky shots when my husband's friends brought him a taco bell breakfast burrito to checking out hidden passages at our venue!

Since our wedding was in a literal polar vortex (Feb 1st!), the dynamic duo was extremely thoughtful in letting me sneak inside even for a couple of moments to warm up as we would be taking our first look shots outside the venue. We had preordered color bombs for that photoshoot and Ishan and Preeti created magic with those photos. Preeti also became my personal make up touch up lady as she would immediately come to the rescue to make sure none of the red kanku (powder) from the ceremony didn't stain and the pictures would be flawless.

During our reception photo shoot whilst cocktail hour was going on, Ishan and Preeti could tell I was visibly tired and did everything possible to make sure I was hydrated, laughing and having fun. They captured beautiful candid shots which were my priority, both of Ravi and I, but also of our guests, especially on the dance floor. The best part? We had our fully gallery within just a couple of weeks! I couldn't recommend Ishan and Preeti enough and look forward to booking them for a future event!

Sent on 03/18/2019
    Ishan Fotografi 8
    Ishan Fotografi 9
    Ishan Fotografi 10
    Ishan Fotografi 11
    Ishan Fotografi 12
    Ishan Fotografi 13

Ishan Fotografi's reply:

Thank you so much for such a glowing review Sonam! Everything you mentioned was only possible because you and Ravi were absolute troopers. We still tell everyone how brave & committed you were to get those photos and we are still in awe! You guys were an absolute pleasure to work with & photograph and we would love the opportunity to work with you again in the future! - Ishan & Preeti

Christopher Prashad · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Photographers to Work With

Working with Ishan Fotografi was unique in the sense that you work with a couple who understand dynamics in a partnership. This is to mean they were superb in finding those small moments between myself and my wife during our wedding that made for some wonderful photos. We don't subscribe to a lot of the photos that we felt were too "posed" and Ishan & Preeti were able to accommodate us. They found poses with meaning behind it. On top of this they were extremely accommodating and helpful

They were also very responsive and a blast to work with.

Sent on 01/01/2019

Ishan Fotografi's reply:

Thank you for sharing this!! We too had a wonderful time photographing you & Rena! Also, thank you for being such troopers despite the rain. You guys were a breeze to photograph!

Katie Macdonald · Married on 09/23/2018

Amazing photographs & photographers!

Deciding to work with Ishan Fotografi for our wedding was one of the best decisions we could have ever made. Ishan and Preeti felt like old friends instead of people we just met! They constantly made us feel comfortable and kept us laughing! They were very flexible and willing to work with us when we were trying to plan a wedding from different state. They were always there to answer any and every question we had and did it with a smile! The hardest decision we had to make was deciding which photographs to have printed from our engagement shoot and our wedding day because they were all breath taking.

I cannot say this enough..but booking Ishan Fotografi is a MUST!! They are professional, personable, and worth every penny. We love them!!

-Katie & Kevin

Sent on 12/27/2018

Ishan Fotografi's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words!! You & Kevin were an absolute blast to photograph & thank you for choosing us to be a part of your celebrations! Despite the pouring rain, you guys enjoyed your day & trusted us with our recommendations and for that, we can't thank you guys enough! Love you guys!!

Alisa · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing Experience!!

From the moment we booked Ishan, we knew it was the best decision we had ever made besides marrying each other. Ishan is very organized and easy to work with. Whether you don't know quite what your schedule should be to include pictures or the best locations within your venue, he has got your back. We were both super impressed by how professional and seamless the whole experience was. Our wedding pictures turned out phenomenal and we have gotten tons of compliments on them. Both he and his wife Preeti were a huge help throughout the wedding process. Preeti could not have been more clutch on the big day helping me with my dress. They are such an enjoyable couple to work with and have now become good friends of ours. Their design aesthetic is on point too! The thank you cards and album they designed for us could not have been more perfect! If you are looking for any easy to work with vendor, stunning photos and an overall awesome experience, book them today! Like right now! Before anyone else can!

Sent on 04/04/2019
    Ishan Fotografi 14
    Ishan Fotografi 15
    Ishan Fotografi 16
    Ishan Fotografi 17
    Ishan Fotografi 18
    Ishan Fotografi 19

Ishan Fotografi's reply:

Alisa - you had us in tears the moment we read the first line. We couldn't feel prouder and feel extremely humbled by everything you wrote about us and your experience with us. We have to mention how INCREDIBLE you both are together and beautiful inside and out. Your kindness, patience and the ability to open yourselves up in front of us and our cameras was nothing short of amazing. We are so thankful to you both for not only making us a part of your wedding day but also your friends now! We will cherish it forever and we love you both! - Ishan & Preeti

Eli · Married on 07/14/2018

We hired Ishan and Preeti to shoot our wedding, and I really do not know how to express how highly we recommend them. It was unlike any other vendor relationship we had. They literally invited us into their home so we could get to know each other. They really took time to find out who we were and what made our relationship special, and when it came time for the big day we were all so comfortable together it all felt natural and easy.

AND OMG THE PICTURES!

The pictures are the perfect combination of artistry and candidness. They capturing our personalities and emotions, and when we look at them we are filled with the sheer joy of our wedding day all over again. Honestly, we could not be happier with how everything turned out, and we cannot thank Ishan and Preeti enough.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Ishan Fotografi's reply:

Eli - thank you so much for such a heartfelt review! We had such an incredible time knowing you both, Radha's love for elephants & your wonderful families!! You both are amazing & such a fun couple to be around. Thank you for making us a part of your celebrations & trusting us with your memories. We love you guys!

Nidhi · Married on 07/07/2018

Love Ishan & Preeti from Ishan Fotografi!

We can't rave about Ishan & Preeti enough.

We faced a myriad of challenges when it came to planning our 500 person, 3 day Indian wedding, including changing the wedding venue less than 60 days from our wedding date, but Ishan Fotografi was, by far, the EASIEST vendor to work with.

The first time we met Ishan & Preeti, we learned about their photography style, saw sample albums, but what really set them apart from others we were talking with was their genuine hospitality and sincerity. They tried to get to know Bhav (my husband) and I as a couple, figure out our style and get us comfortable with them before the wedding weekend.

Wedding weekends are stressful all around - there are always surges of so many emotions, tight timelines, sleepless nights and family taking pictures everywhere.

Ishan and Preeti were amazing in navigating the complexities of an Indian wedding, communicating fairly and reasonably to ensure that all of our post-event photoshoots went on time (something that was really important to us).

Having to relocate our wedding to Reading, PA at the last minute, we didn’t have a chance to explore any surrounding areas for photo ops. Ishan & Preeti arrived early on the day of our first event and found a spot for us. Not only that, but they talked to the hotel staff and arranged for two shuttles to transport us, themselves and videographers to all travel to the offsite location on the morning of our wedding and still make it back in time for our 9AM baraat start time. They went above and beyond the call of duty by every measure. While on our offsite wedding photoshoot, Bhav and I were already on our third wedding event and, frankly, tired of smiling and posing. Realizing this, Ishan started making funny comments, (like telling Bhav to whisper his favorite fruit in my ear), and pulled back memories from the first time we met them when Ishan & Preeti assessed that we were more light-hearted and funny together as a couple. They made our 7AM photoshoot, so effortless, easy and fun! I remember saying the day after that the early morning photoshoot set the tone for the rest of the day. By the time we got back to the hotel, all our guests were super excited to see us and celebrate with us and Bhav and I had already shared our private moments together so we were also ready to celebrate with everyone, too.

Ishan & Preeti, seriously, we can’t thank you enough. You captured beautiful memories of us genuinely enjoying every single moment of our wedding weekend and it’s because you took the time to get to know us before to understand what we wanted for our special weekend. Thank you so much! You will always be my #1 recommendation for anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Ishan Fotografi's reply:

Thank you SO MUCH for leaving us such a wonderful & detailed review!! Each time we read this review, it brings back such fond memories of your wedding weekend! We had an incredible time knowing & photographing both of you and your wonderful families. You guys were amazing and thank you for trusting us with capturing those memories. We love you guys!

Ankita · Married on 07/01/2018

We loved working with Ishan & Preeti! They did a fantastic job capturing our wedding day and kept it fun (not an easy feat when you're taking photos outside in 100-degree weather in full Indian garb). The dynamic duo seem to have a knack for encapsulating moments with wonderful candid photographs. You can't go wrong with these guys. Seriously, we'll be ooohing and awwwwing over our photos for years to come!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Ishan Fotografi's reply:

Hey Ankita, thank you so much for such an amazing review! You guys were great troopers despite the hot weather!! Your love for each other and upbeat attitude made it that much easier for us to create amazing photos for you both. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be a part of the festivities!

Nick · Married on 06/16/2018

Ishan and his staff made us feel like our wedding was just as important to him, as it was to us. They also went above and beyond to help everything run as smooth as possible, and were extremely responsive and sensitive to our requests and needs. My wife and I were also blown away once we received the shots that they took of our special day. If you want professionalism, and a team of photographers that care and make you feel like you matter, IshanFotografi should be your first and only choice.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Ishan Fotografi's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful review Nick! It was an absolute pleasure photographing you and your wife and it was an honor to be a part of your wedding day.

Mayuri · Married on 06/09/2018

Ishan and Preeti are incredible photographers. We couldn’t have asked for a better photography on our big day. They really take the time to get to know the couple and their vision for the day. From our first email both were so helpful in giving amazing advice when it came to coordination. The day of can be stressful for both the bride and groom, but Ishan and Preeti are pros are ensuring the couple everything will be okay. The photography is beautiful, all the emotions of the day were captured so perfectly - my husband and I are still in awe! Ishan and Preeti are so professional, kind and amazing at what they do!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Ishan Fotografi's reply:

Thank you, Mayuri for such an amazing and heartfelt review! You, Krishna & your wonderful families were such a pleasure to photograph. Thank you so much for trusting us and giving us the opportunity. We had an amazing time photographing you all!

Jay · Married on 05/05/2018

Ishan and Preeti photographed us for our proposal shoot. These two are truly talented and were very professional. They were punctual at providing us with a glimpse of some of our photos the same day as promised. While, the rest of the photos were sent within the next few days. They both are a great duo and it was a pleasure to work with them. Thank you again for the amazing photos and capturing our special moment.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Michelle · Married on 04/14/2018

As soon as I booked my venue, the next thing I did was book Ishan and Preeti because I wanted to make sure they were available to photograph our wedding. Being a photographer myself, I knew photography was one thing I would be particular about, and I wanted the very best of the best. They captured our destination wedding in March of 2018 in Marco Island, Florida. Unfortunately it down poured on our wedding day, but you would never know from the vibrant images they delivered. They will go above and beyond to get the perfect shots, whether it is balancing on chairs, crawling on the ground, or shooting under umbrellas in the rain. We absolutely love all of the pictures. It is truly impossible to choose your favorities. To this day when people talk about about how amazing out wedding was, they always mention how wonderful out photographers were (my best friend even booked them for her wedding!) I highly recommend choosing Ishan Fotografi. They are beyond talented and truly made our wedding day special.

Sent on 07/23/2018
    Ishan Fotografi 20

Ishan Fotografi's reply:

Ahh, thank you so much for such a glowing review!! Both you and your wonderful families were a treat to photograph. The energy and love you both exude can be felt by everyone around and we were so happy to be a part of your special day! Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity. We love you guys!!

Kelly · Married on 03/24/2018

They are amazing.

Ishan and Preeti are wonderful to work with. I could not recommend them enough. Not only do they do beautiful work, but they themselves are fantastic. My husband and I planned our wedding from UT, so we were only able to meet them in person for the first time a few weeks before our wedding. Despite the distance, they were incredibly communicative and made us feel like we were in good hands. My husband and I aren't particularly comfortable in front of the camera, but on our wedding day they made taking all of the pictures so much fun. Even after our wedding day, they continued to be great to work with as they provided us our wedding photos and designed our wedding album.

Sent on 12/08/2018

Ishan Fotografi's reply:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts & leaving us a review Kelly! You two are incredible together & an absolute breeze to photograph  . Thank you for trusting & making us a part of your celebrations! We still have to come across another bride who can so effortlessly walk over a steep slope with high heels. We love you both!

Christine · Married on 12/31/2017

Where do I start?! Ishan and Preeti are an absolute joy to work with. Thank heavens we found them! I fell in love with their photos just from looking at their website, but once getting in touch with them and meeting, we instantly clicked. They are incredibly friendly, professional, easy to work with and flexible. They were patient with all my questions leading up to signing our contract and worked within our budget. We had an engagement shoot with them, and although camera shy, they made me feel comfortable and at ease. We had such a great time with them during the shoot that we grabbed a bite to eat with them after :). They're just fantastic people! Leading up to the wedding we kept in touch and they were very responsive. They helped with the day-of timeline details and even when our timing and location plans derailed the day of the wedding, they made it work. We just received our photos from the wedding and I can't stress enough how amazing they are! I constantly get complimented on them. You will not go wrong with hiring this team. Thank you again guys!!! You really captured the best moments from our day.

Sent on 03/04/2018

Megan · Married on 11/11/2017

When we started to plan our wedding we went with another photographer, but one day I saw some pictures by Ishan Fotografi on Instagram and knew I had to switch! The artistry, lighting, and emotion their photos have is amazing! We set up a meeting with Ishan and Preeti and that further cemented the decision to switch. They are so easy to work with and professional. I would highly recommend them to any newly engaged couple!

Sent on 12/29/2017
    Ishan Fotografi 21
    Ishan Fotografi 22
    Ishan Fotografi 23
    Ishan Fotografi 24
    Ishan Fotografi 25
    Ishan Fotografi 26

Ritu · Married on 08/05/2017

My husband and I got married this August and we were so glad that we chose Ishan and Preeti to document our wedding weekend. They were spectacular to work with - easy to talk to, kind, funny, and charming. They worked really well with our videographer, knowing when to give them space for their shots. They got our pictures to us pretty quickly, and my family and i were extremely pleased with the results. Their experience with Indian weddings really showed - they knew all of the moments that were important to capture and also managed to cover all of our guests. We were so happy with them!!!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Schehrbano · Married on 07/28/2017

I would highly recommend Ishan and Preeti to anyone interested in making their wedding day one of the best photographed days of their life. Both these guys were very friendly, approachable, and flexible with us. We had only met over skype twice prior to our wedding but meeting them in person was like meeting old friends. I was completely in awe of the way they both worked well with each other while fantastically capturing our wedding. Real treat to work with them. My husband and I are not very good at posing but they both really helped us look like a million bucks at the wedding. I was especially impressed with their ability to manage the family and friends well. I know finding the right wedding photographer can be a tremendously daunting task but not once did we regret our decision to hire them. In fact, I would highly recommend them to our friends and family.

Sent on 10/19/2017
    Ishan Fotografi 27
    Ishan Fotografi 28
    Ishan Fotografi 29
    Ishan Fotografi 30
    Ishan Fotografi 31
    Ishan Fotografi 32

Meena · Married on 05/06/2017

Is my wedding going to run on time? Did I allot enough time for pictures with family and friends? How will I ensure the biggest moments of my wedding day are captured? These are probably thoughts that run thru every bride and groom’s head as they plan for their wedding. My biggest fear was running behind schedule and losing out on time for pictures with my family, bridal party and close friends. However, after I met Ishan and Preeti from Ishan Fotografi, my concerns were out the door. From my very first phone call with Ishan, he was beyond professional and very easy to work with. Even in the middle of wedding season, he was very responsive to my numerous emails and phone calls (this was even before we booked them!). My friend who had hired them for her wedding had nothing but nice things to say about their photography and service, but even then, I was blown away by their sincere commitment in wanting to capture every special moment of our wedding day. They were interested in wanting to getting to know us and our personalities, and having that shine in our pictures. They also took the time and effort to review every detail of our timeline to ensure that we allocated enough time for pictures and recommended other schedules changes to help the day run smoothly. And they were right! Despite a few hiccups with the weather (which were out of everyone’s control), Ishan and Preeti managed to keep us on our timeline all the while taking beautiful pictures. I love their candid style and really believe our emotions shine right through every photo. The turnaround time on the edited photos was faster than I expected and we look forward to working with them on our photo albums! As people, Ishan and Preeti are down to earth, calming, and people that I was happy to be around for 12 hours of my wedding day! Thanks for leaving us with photos and memories to last a lifetime
    -Meena and Aakash

Sent on 07/19/2017

Kerrie · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I could not be happier with our decision to book Ishan and Preeti for our wedding. They were an absolute pleasure to work with! The photography aspect of our wedding was one of the most important to me, as these would be part of our memories forever. The photos that were delivered far exceeded our expectations and were definitely worth the wait. We are both camera shy, but Ishan and Preeti made us feel at ease. Communication was great and they were prompt and professional. Look no further for amazing photos and quality service! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 11/15/2016

deesha · Married on 09/10/2016

We couldn't have asked for more! Ishan and Preeti made us feel comfortable and made the whole process an enjoyable experience. We had a great time with the engagement shoot, they spent more than enough time to make sure we had all the shots we wanted. The pictures look amazing and we can't wait to see what the album will look like! We would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to work with great team!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Pooja · Married on 07/16/2016

Ishan and Preeti were such a pleasure to work with. They were extremely professional and made two people who were camera shy extremely comfortable in front of the camera! Ishan and Preeti went above and beyond for us. If there was anything they could help us with, even if it was outside of the scope of their contract, they did their best to help us. If it was something they couldn't answer for us, they directed us to the right people. I can't recommend them enough to any couple who is looking for reliable, fun, sweet,, and overall amazing photographers! Thank you Ishan and Preeti for making this day as flawless as possible when it came to our pictures.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Caitlin Weiss · Married on 09/15/2015

Best wedding planning decision I made

Ishan and Preeti are incredible people and artists. My husband and I were adamant on not having cheesy pictures and not spending a ridiculous amount of money – they certainly met both our requirements and much more. Our pictures are one of a kind. For our engagement photos, Ishan and Preeti were willing to drive around Westchester and take photos at numerous locations that meant something special to us. They are so creative with light and texture and are daring to go anywhere. We ended up making a guest book out of those photos and everyone gushed over them at the wedding.
    And then our wedding day..Oh My Goodness. I have never seen such beautiful photos. We got married in Montauk and after our first look, we went out by the lighthouse and took photos over the bluffs. They are INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!
    I put my wedding day schedule in the hands of Ishan and Preeti. They are not at all pushy but they will be assertive and direct others when necessary. They got great shots of Ryan and myself getting ready separately before the wedding with our wedding party. Preeti made sure to get photos of myself with my dog – which meant the world to me. They orchestrated our first look, which was perfectly private and then headed out to the lighthouse.
    We got married at a yacht club and we had mentioned to Ishan how we would love a photo on a big yacht. He again rose to the occasion. We found friendly boat owners who let us board their ship and Ishan got photos of us opening champagne and drone photos of us lying on the bow. He thinks on his feet and comes up with awesome photos in any circumstance.
    Ishan Fotografi really captured the highlights of the wedding perfectly. The photos were available by the time we were back from our honeymoon. We just received our album, which is not only breathtaking, but really tells the story of the wedding day.
    I want to add how chill, fun and thoughtful this couple is. When we first met them we bonded over Trader Joe’s coffee – and soon after they sent us a box full of it!!! We were concerned about feeling awkward for our engagement album so they encouraged us to have a drink or two beforehand which did loosen us up! After shooting, we ended up hanging out over dinner, which was so fun and relaxing.
    I highly recommend Isahn Fotografi for your wedding. They are the best wedding planning decision I made. I recently talked to a friend who paid over twice as much as we did and her photos are all the typical cheesy wedding photos…. Don’t make the same mistake!

Sent on 01/17/2019
    Ishan Fotografi 40
    Ishan Fotografi 41
    Ishan Fotografi 42

Ishan Fotografi's reply:

We don't even know how to begin thanking for you such an incredible & detailed review Caitlin!! First off, thank you so much for your kind words about us and trusting us. Also, we must credit you & Ryan for putting so much thought & energy in finding so many amazing locations which had an emotional connection to you both. You were equally as adventurous (if not more), also the love & respect you share for each other among so many qualities made photographing you both a breeze! We love you both & we are so happy that we had the opportunity & honor to be a part of your wedding celebrations!!

Hiren · Married on 06/12/2015

Having Ishan and Preeti as our photographers was one of the best decisions we made. They really have an eye for capturing the perfect moments. Not only are their pictures spectacular and ones that we will cherish for the rest of our lives, the whole experience of working with Ishan and Preeti was very special. They took the time to get to know us and make us feel very comfortable. They love their craft and it really shows even in the tiniest detail. I will be recommending Ishan Fotografi to our friends and family and we'll definitely be using their services for future occasions.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Julie · Married on 08/30/2014

Ishan and Pretti are very talented photographers who I had the pleasure to work with. They captured me since the moment I saw the quality of their work. They are not your regular wedding photographers; they have a unique gift and magic to capture special moments. For them pictures are not about the pose, they are about capturing the realness of the moment and also how the emotions convey in the body language. You are going to get pictures from your wedding that you would never get from anyone else. Besides their talent at the moment of the shooting, they have a great knowledge for processing and retouching images; they know how to explote the magic of colors and get the best crops out of the images. I loved the experience of working with them so much that I brought them with me to my second wedding at Colombia. You will not only work with professionals, but also with great people who really give 110% to their work. Here is the prove of their work for our engagement shooting: http://ishanfotografi.com/weddingphotographyblognj/2015/2/1/paul-julie-engagement-shoot-in-the-rockwood-hall-state-park-ny, and also for our wedding in NY: http://ishanfotografi.com/paul-julie-new-york-wedding-photographer/

Sent on 02/12/2015

Nareg · Married on 06/21/2014

i highly recommend Ishan ,we are very happy with the results and his style , and his professionalism is impeccable ..

Sent on 08/06/2014

Nirmal & Tajalli · Married on 11/28/2013

The team of Ishan Fotografi covered our Engagement Ceremony, Engagement Shoot and Wedding. Love their work and enjoy how every shoot is creatively different from the other! I highly recommend Ishan Fotografi to anyone who is looking to immortalize their big day into beautifully & artistically composed photographs. Speak with them and feel the comfort. Their work speaks for their passion and their fresh outlook on wedding photography. You guys are gems! Thank you and wishing you nothing but the best!

Sent on 04/23/2014