Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue Reviews

47 | Mount Juliet, TN

47 Reviews for Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue

Denine Malinowski · Married on 01/05/2021

A Fairy Tale come True

I could not have scripted our special day better. From beginning to end, everything was perfect!! Babs and her team are amazing...I was a princess and I married my prince.

The decor, the organization, the food, the cake, the DJ...TOP NOTCH. If you are considering this venue, my advice to you is book it!! You will not regret it!!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue's reply:

Denine, thank you again. I am so happy you loved every part of your wedding day! That makes our day!
  • Stacey

Stacey Hawke · Married on 10/10/2020

Perfection!!

My daughter was married at the venue on 10/3/2020 - This was the most perfect day! The venue, decor, flowers, catering, cake, coordination and planning was perfection! Every single detail went as planned! Babs and crew, THANK YOU so much! You ALL exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 10/05/2020

Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue's reply:

Thank you Stacey! We are so excited that everything was perfect! All of you were a pleasure to work with. Thank you for your kind words!
  • Kara

Kara Jenkins · Married on 09/19/2020

Amazing venue!!

Babs and her team went above and beyond to make our day so special. Everything ran seamlessly! Babs is very responsive and had great suggestions prior to the day of the wedding as well.

Sent on 09/28/2020

Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue's reply:

Thank you Kara! The both of you were such a pleasure to work with! I am so happy you loved your day!

Michael Hughes · Married on 09/06/2020

Simply the best

Words can’t express the gratitude we have for Iriswoods for the amazing job they did for our wedding in September. Iriswoods is an incredible venue with well-maintained pastures, a beautiful cedar pavilion, a historic log cabin, numerous scenic areas that offer a diverse selection for wedding pictures, and conveniently located to Mt. Juliet and Nashville. When choosing our wedding venue, one of the biggest priorities was having a stellar wedding coordinator & staff. Based off our experience, we don’t think there is anyone better than Babs and her staff. Between the quick and clear communication, flexibility—especially when having to reschedule everything due to the coronavirus, relentless efforts to have everything go exactly to how we wish, and most importantly their ability to continuously reduce stress, they were simply the best. We HIGHLY recommend Iriswoods to anyone considering holding an event in the Nashville area.

Sent on 10/07/2020

Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue's reply:

Michael and Kelsie, thank you so much for this review. I am overwhelmed with your kindness. We are so happy that your day was just what you wanted it to be. Many thanks! I love the pictures. I would love to post on Instagram if you would like to send them to me!
  • Jessica

Jessica Baker · Married on 09/14/2019

Fairy Tale Venue

Iriswoods put on the perfect wedding. They handled EVERYTHING. I had nothing to worry about on my wedding day because Babs and her kind and competent staff took care of all of it. Her preselected vendors did a fantastic job with catering and keeping the party going while her eye for decor made the whole venue like a fairy tale. She listened to everything I wanted and then built off my wish list to make things even better than what I imagined. 10/10. Worth every penny. Thank you Iriswoods for a flawless experience!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Bri.

Bri. D · Married on 06/10/2019

A perfect day!

Iriswoods was even more wonderful that we could have ever imagined for our wedding venue. Babs and her staff are so professional, friendly, helpful, and pleasant. They made the whole process and day so easy, such a stress free day. Babs even did my floral arrangements and they were beautiful. We loved every minute of our special days. It was absolutely perfect!!! We will recommend Iriswoods to anyone we know getting married. Thank yall so much!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I love your pictures. I am glad you included those. You were a pleasure to work with. We wish you much happiness.
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing! My DREAM Wedding!

I love this venue! I had my wedding here last week and everything went perfectly! I was freaking out because it's was raining but Babs had the perfect rain plan. It was amazing! She basically took my Pinterest boards and brought it to life! I highly recommend this venue! You will NOT be disappointed!!!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue's reply:

Kristen, thank you so much for the sweet review. You and Richard were a true pleasure to work with. I am so happy that you had the wedding of your dreams!
  • Barbara

Barbara Schneider · Married on 03/08/2019

Beautiful Venue and Wonderful Service

Babs and her team and vendors are the best! When my daughter who lives in Nashville decided she wanted to get married in the hashville area, I was oncerned over how we would accomplish that as this mom lives in Texas. We toured Iriswoods in January and saw how beautiful it would be once the weather warmed, but meeting Babs and seeing her love of brides, weddings and wedding planning made our decision easy, When she told us that she wanted us to arrive on the day of and just enjoy the day, I was excited. She has catering, DJs, florists, decor all covered. We had a beautiful wedding on August 3rd. Babs was true to her word - everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/12/2019

Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue's reply:

Dear Barbara, I am so happy that Samantha had her dream wedding. Both of you were a pleasure to work with. I loved all of her ideas. It was so much fun to be able to create her vision. Thank you again. We wish them both much happiness.
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 10/27/2018

Wedding of my dreams!

I had my wedding at Iriswoods and it was absolutely amazing! Babs and her team went above and beyond to make our day everything we wanted and more! From day one she was so helpful and considerate. We were able to add and make adjustments to our package so that it fit our vision perfectly. I honestly couldn’t be happier with our experience and day! Iriswoods created the wedding of my dreams and I am so thankful for everything they did for us! You can’t go wrong with this venue!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Lauren Reichstein · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect simple wedding

Iriswoods was a dream to work with an exactly what I was looking for! Bab's philosophy is "put down your purse and get married" and that is exactly what happened. We had a few meetings at the beginning to make decisions/choose decor/etc. and after that it was just me asking a bunch of questions and Babs reassuring me. I had a morning wedding and when I arrived with all of the stuff needed (pictures, book to sign, etc.) it wasn't a big deal for her team to just make things happen. 2 hours after I arrived I walked down the aisle and it was perfect. I appreciate that I didn't have to have a hand in day of anything and that my involvement in making things happen before that was just mking choices not having to coordinate anything. Our guests are STILL telling me how beautiful our wedding was. This place is the best kept secret of Middle Tennessee. Highly, highly recommend. I also have to give a shout to the fact that they use local vendors - all small business owners (including them!) who make their living doing weddings/parties. It was important to me to support small businesses as much as possible and I loved that Iriswoods does that as practice.

Sent on 11/02/2018

Katelyn Hawkins · Married on 09/22/2018

Such an amazing venue and wedding planner!

Babs, venue owner/wedding planner, was such a pleasure to work with! For an outside venue, we were worried with rain in the forecast, but Babs was able to accommodate and adjust the initial plans to ensure our wedding day proceeded smoothly with no issues. We couldn’t be more appreciative of the time and efforts of her team. We would highly recommend utilizing this venue to ensure a memorable wedding day!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Hi Katelyn,
    Thank you so much for your sweet review. You and Richie were an absolute pleasure to work with. We appreciate your kind words.

Briana · Married on 06/23/2018

Where do I begin! I got married on June 23, 2018. It was nothing short of a fairytale dream wedding come true! Babs is by far the best wedding planner ever! I had a vision that she brought to life. The entire process went so smooth and easy. From the flowers, to the food, to the cake, to the DJ, cannot thank Babs and everyone at Iriswoods for everything they did! It was truly a dream come true! Photos attached by SWAK Photography! Check her out, she’s also amazing!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue's reply:

Hi Briana, your pictures are beautiful. You were a dream to work with. I am so happy we were able to be a part of your dream wedding. Many thanks for your kinds words. We love what we do!

Gail · Married on 06/02/2018

My daughter's wedding was here on June 23rd and was nothing short of MAGICAL and ROMANTIC! I have to say that I had reservations about planning a wedding from out out town. I am so thankful that we found Iriswoods!! I truly believe that it would not have been as perfect if we had chosen somewhere else. Babs could not have been more helpful and understanding as to what we were looking for. Oh, and let me add PATIENT!! I cannot tell you the countless e-mails and telephone calls I made to her and she was always nothing but kind and understanding.
    From all of the hand made wooden signs to all of the many candles strategically placed throughout the reception area......the attention to detail was nothing less than amazing. I received telephone calls from many of the guests when I returned home to tell me what a gorgeous and romantic wedding it was. Many of them said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. If you are looking for warmth, kindness, understanding and beauty....then Iriswoods is the place to be. It was truly a romantic day from beginning to end! Wish we could go back and do it all over again:)

Sent on 07/03/2018

Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue's reply:

Dear Gail, Thank you so much for your kind words. It is so much fun when we hear that the bride and groom had a magical experience on their wedding day. It is so rewarding for us and we are thankful we were allowed to be a part of their special day!

Kim · Married on 05/05/2018

In the midst of planning for our daughter's wedding, my husband was battling cancer. While he and I along with his oncologist and medical team were doing everything we could to get him strong enough to dance with his daughter on her special day, Babs and team had all else completely under control. I was not worried one bit that Kelsey's wedding day would be everything we could hope for our one and only child. It proved to be even better than we dreamed! Thank you to Babs and everyone on the Iriswoods Team - you were heaven sent and help turn some of our darkest hours into THE most precious memory of our lifetime.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue's reply:

Thank you Kim, we were so honored to be a part of Kelsey and Cameron's special day! I am so thankful wonderful memories were made!

Debbie · Married on 09/16/2017

We had our daughter's wedding reception there last Saturday 9/16/17. We are are from indianapolis and I was a little concerned about planning an out of town wedding. Babs (Iriswoods wedding coordinator) was delightful to work with and very organized. She helped the whole wedding progress go smoothly and kept us on task. What was especially important to us, was that the catering, cake, DJ & flowers were inclusive in the total package. This saved us time & effort in looking for outside vendors. We used Wildberry Catering (through Iriswoods) and the food was delicious and the display of appetizers was beautiful. Wade our DJ kept the guests on their feet and was able to "read" the crowd well. Southern Belles & Blooms provided our flowers & floral decorations which added the final touch beautifully. Iriswoods lives up to its name by providing a beautiful rustic/romantic theme. The only downside to this venue is there is a bit of a walk from the parking area to the venue, making it difficult for the elderly or handicapped to get to/from their vehicle. I would definitely recommend the venue.

Sent on 09/21/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/03/2017

Iriswoods is a wonderful place to get married! Babs is so knowledgeable and friendly! I highly recommend this venue for anyone in the area!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Rachel · Married on 05/06/2017

Iriswoods is an absolutely beautiful wedding venue year round! I love all the wonderful backdrops they have for photos like the barn area, the tall grass fields, gravel road, the chic bridal suite area, the vintage furniture (red velvet couch was my favorite), the swing, and of course the log cabin itself is stunning. From the first moment I visited Iriswoods and met Babs I fell in love with the property and knew this was exactly where I wanted to get married. Babs treats you like family and works endlessly to make sure everything is ready for your big day. They have a beautiful reception area with the draping and chandeliers in the tent area along with all the landscaping and lamp posts which really bring the area to life at night time. They have a wonderful wide assortment of wedding decor that they allow you to use and Carlee is a chalkboard sign queen- she can do it all! I would highly suggest Iriswoods' full service package as it allows you to come in and relax on your big day and let Babs & her team take your vision and turn it into your dream day without any of the stress!! Alex and I are so grateful to Iriswoods for giving us the fairytale wedding we wanted!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue's reply:

Dear Rachel, thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure getting to know you and Alex. I am so happy that you had your fairytale wedding and we could be a part of your special day. Our job is much easier when we work with wonderful couples. Thank you again!

amanda · Married on 04/01/2017

Babs made planning our wedding so enjoyable, and I'll always be so thankful for that! She runs a tight ship and everything went off without a hitch, definitely recommend Iriswoods!!

Sent on 04/16/2017

Brittany · Married on 03/11/2017

I can't say this enough or stress it enough - if you need an absolutely perfect venue for your wedding ceremony, reception or both then do yourselves and your guests a favor and book with Iriswoods! The venue is breathtakingly beautiful! And the owners are even more perfect! Babs, Dale and Carly are so amazing at making you and your entire wedding party feel comfortable and making your special day something you don't ever want to end.

From the moment I met Babs, I just knew we would be fast friends. She helped me every step of the way and answered every text, email or phone call I had during the process. That's a huge deal when planning a wedding. The wedding packages are such a great idea - and another tip...do the full package and let them help you!!

My wedding day was absolutely beautiful, but I wasn't sure how it would all come together because it was SNOWING! But I should have known Babs would have it taken care of before I even arrived to the venue. She made it more than I could have ever imagine!! Thank you to Babs, Dale and Carly for making it the most incredible day of my life ??

Sent on 04/19/2017

Sara · Married on 12/03/2016

Babs was wonderful to work with and made our planning from out of town absolutely wonderful. She was more than accommodating and even showed us around the venue when we arrived from out of state. Dale, who we used as a photographer, exceeded our expectations and was easy to work with as well. Beautiful venue and beautiful people to work with.

Sent on 02/14/2017
  • F

Fallon · Married on 10/15/2016

We were married at Iriswoods on October 15th 2016. Babs was a dream to work with. She took care of everything that we needed and was very precise when it came to the minute details that we had overlooked. The venue was beautiful and made for a lovely fall wedding, but it all came together around Bab's planning and execution. She took what we wanted and catered to our wants. Her day of event planning was detailed down to the minute and came together wonderfully. The venue was ready to go the minute we arrived, and the tent looked incredible. We highly recommend this venue and the people that worked to make our wedding everything we hoped it would be.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Ashley · Married on 09/24/2016

This venue is unbelievable! I work with a catering company and the owners are very respectful and always willing to offer me assistance. Many other venues I have worked at do you not feel that it is important to take care of the help. This ultimately leads to how the caterers react with the guests. At Iris woods the owners go above and beyond to ensure that everyone is satisfied and well taken care of. This results in a wonderful night and a memorable event! I highly recommend Iris Woods for any and all events, big or small!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Tammy · Married on 09/24/2016

My Daughter's wedding was nothing short of MAGICAL and let me just say we are still floating!!! It was a beautiful September 24, 2016 first fall weekend.
    One day last summer my now Son in law and I were out one day being sneaky while he was throwing out proposal ideas it turned into researching venues for inspiration. We found several in the area and landed on three just to drive by to get a feel for the place to see if we wanted to he wanted go any further. Iriswoods was the last one we drove by and let’s just say they had me at the gate. When we saw the beautiful woods and the Historic log home with the sign that read "This is where our story begins" Oh my goodness!!!
    We left a message to make an appointment and we heard back promptly from Bab's and having just spoken with her over the phone we had a sense of someone that was very warm, personable & professional. That was confirmed and so much more when we met her in person. As it turned out she worked closely with my Son in law in his actual proposal on the property so this is without a doubt a very special place in our hearts.
    It was important to me for my Daughter to have everything at her disposal so she could be involved in all the enhancements but to not be burdened down with all of the details and it worked splendidly with the Tennessee Iris Full Service Package allowing her to have access to all of her vintage décor. Bab’s and her team of experts touched every area with displays of touching detail everywhere you looked. My Daughter could tap into her own personal talents (of being a Chef, a hairstylist and pinterest expert) and it all blended into an epic vintage bohemian celebration.

Sent on 11/19/2016

Iriswoods-Weddings and Events Venue's reply:

Tammy we can not thank you enough for letting us be a part of Allison's biggest day. All of you were such a pleasure to work with, I am so happy that her wedding was everything that see had dreamed it would be. Her vision was so much fun to plan and style. I am so grateful it was a stress free day for all of you. Thank you for your confidence in me and my team. I hope to see you again!

Gary · Married on 09/24/2016

We met with her Bab's team of vendors that we highly recommend. Her husband Dale Dorman Photography and his team were spot on the day of the event they were everywhere to capture the special moments but you wouldn't have known it unless you looked because they were in stealth mode. Mrs. Pam was a pleasure to meet and her staff from Ribbons of Chocolate were proficient and the spread was so delicious. DJ Wade made it seamless from the very touching ceremony in the serene beauty of the front lawn to keeping the party going with announcements, fun and games and rocking the house until the very end under the elegant tent, draping and chandeliers. Southern Belles and Blooms and Bab’s vintage collections incorporated Allison's classy bohemian style to perfection. Our bartender Nancy was very professional and personable. All the vendors were prompt, professional and it was such a smooth process with no hiccups.
    The minute you first see the front lawn with the beautiful log house in the background and so many choices of where to have the ceremony and photo ops, to the lighted bar, to the lighted deck to the magnificent tent, draping and crystal chandeliers. Inside filtered music, the Grooms room and the bridal suite was a treasure to spend time with her Tribe for cherished moments together before the ceremony. Most importantly the personable talent of Bab’s to always direct, guide, listen and anticipate the needs of the Bride and Groom and the Mother of the Bride, ha to be made to feel like family is a true gift and we will always cherish the time spent with her for such a celebration. We had so many guests tell us how impressed they were with the whole event and tell us it was the best wedding event they’ve been to ever!!!! And we certainly agree!!!! THANK YOU IRISWOODS!!!!!!
    With much gratitude,
    Tammy

Sent on 11/19/2016

debbie · Married on 07/01/2016

This is an absolutely amazing venue for a wedding. It is a perfect spot for a memorable ceremony and reception. The lady, Babs, who owns and operates Iriswoods is incredible!!!!! She implements every detail of the wedding and reception with elegance and grace. She obviously has a passion for wedding specifics and cares deeply about how your special day is handled.
    Over the years, I have attended many, many weddings because my husband sings at quite a number of them. My niece recently was married at Iriswoods and I truly have never seen a nicer wedding with so many of the details handled with elegance. Babs has a talent for making a wedding an occasion to remember and a pleasure to attend.
    My husband and I were in town in March and asked our niece to take us and show us where she was getting married. Babs kindly and generously met us there and showed us around and was happy and pleased to do so. Therefore, she impressed my husband and myself from the very beginning.
    On the day of the wedding, before you could even ask her for something, she had it done. Never once did she show signs of being frazzled or unprepared. She is very easy to work with and will do whatever she can to accommodate your wants and needs.

Sent on 07/14/2016