Irene's Catering Service Inc. Reviews

28 | Milwaukee, WI

28 Reviews for Irene's Catering Service Inc.

2.8
      2.0
      2.5

Initially Irene's service was great. I was given raw vegetable instead of grilled which was stated in my contract. I never would have served this an only got a very brief apology for this. I sent an email the next day complementing the two ladies doing the serving and also some strong criticism of the bartender who I found unacceptable. Clearly not an experienced bartender, had not even heard of some of the more popular drinks being served currently,and did not even serve one of my signature cocktails. There were also long lines at the bar frequently and I was assured that this would not be an issue. My response from Irene's did not even acknowledge this issue, which was a huge problem at my event. Had they at least acknowledge this, I would not have given them this negative of a review but I found that very unprofessional. The bartender is key at a party. Because of this is would not recommend them or use them again.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Irene's Catering Service Inc.'s reply:

Reading this review has truly saddened us here at Irene's. We believe in 100% customer satisfaction, and to hear that you were only given a brief apology is not acceptable in our book! We have recently made some changes in our staff to avoid scenarios like this from ever happening again!
    Again, we truly are sorry to hear that not everything took place as you were hoping, but we are thankful to hear that you loved the food and that the two lead women working your event provided great service.

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2011

2.6
      3.5
      2.5

We were quite disappointed with the catering. Pricing kept changing throughout the process even when there were no changes in menu. The day of the wedding, the supervisor that we had been working with was pulled to go to another event and they sent a different person. The pasta was cold, two of the items were not what we had ordered and paid for (even though the supervisor had looked at the order sheet and assured me that they were - I offered for her to taste the food, but she declined, but continued to insist that because it said so on the paperwork, that is what we had)! Very disappointed. When the bride (who was the first to receive her food) mentioned that the pasta was cold, they ignored her. Up until the actual event, the customer service was good, but at the event, we were quite displeased. They offered "sweet shots" at the end of the night (so we didn't order out additional food or treats for our guests), however there were only a couple of the tables where people actually received them - and it wasn't even the bride/groom, bridal party or parents!

We contacted them after the event and they said they would look into it. It's difficult now to resolve the issue, however, I don't appreciate paying almost $6,000 for food that wasn't even what we thought we were getting.

Also, when they were setting up the tables, they did not level them and a catering crew member bumped into our cake table and the cake topper went crashing to the ground - this was before our event.

I give credit where credit is due, but in this case I cannot recommend Irene's Catering.

Our cake was from Courtyard Catering and it was superb! Try checking with them for catering your event - we went with Irene's because the pricing was better - now I guess I know why.

Sent on 06/06/2011

Kelly · Married on 04/24/2010

2.6
      2.0
      3.0

We visited Irene's for our tasting and they took us to another building. The sales person was bringing food from the other building in a bakery box. We tasted appetizers and mine was still frozen. They didn't let us sample any dinner entrees and we were willing to pay for it. Although, the sales lady was nice and helpful, we felt the quality of the food was not worth our money.

Sent on 04/30/2010