iO Makeup & Hair Reviews

iO Makeup & Hair 6
iO Makeup & Hair 7

Evelina · Getting married on 04/18/2020

Great Service!

I had visited Cancun for a wedding and wanted to get my hair done, upon contacting my hotel spa the work they had done didn’t seem like quality and wanted to charge $90 for an updo. A week before departure I started researching and found iO Makeup & Hair. I cannot rave enough about the flexibility and the service that was provided. I was picked up and dropped off at the hotel by Ioana as we decided that would be the best option as I am not familiar with the Cancun area. My hair and makeup was beautiful and lasted through the humidity and sweaty dancing throughout the night! Ioana is a professional and I would highly recommend her to any bride or guests. She is the only one who had responded in a timely manner and had fair pricing. Don’t second guess yourself and book her! And again thank you for making me feel beautiful!

Sent on 08/12/2019
    iO Makeup & Hair 8
    iO Makeup & Hair 9

iO Makeup & Hair's reply:

Thank you so much for your beautiful words, it was a pleasure to be your makeup artist.
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 07/22/2019

Amazing work

They did a great job with our makeup and hair. They were also fast but efficient. A job well done.

Sent on 08/04/2019
    iO Makeup & Hair 10

• Leslie

Leslie Kroell · Married on 07/11/2019

Io Makeuo & Hair Review - Wedding

Where do I begin? Let me start by saying Ioana & her team were more than I could have ever asked for. Simply put, they are fabulous. I was quite nervous booking hair and makeup for the most important day of my life with women who I had never met. Ioana eased my nerves prior to meeting by being extremely quick to respond. Weddings happen everyday in Cancun, and although she is very busy, she was quick to answer my every question. When I finally met her on my trial day, I had thought I lost my engagement ring and was in a panic. Ioana helped me look for it. She helped to calm me down and was so incredibly patient with me. She did my makeup and Claudia did my hair and I felt the best I have ever felt in my life. Claudia took the time to change my hair so the look would be a surprise for the wedding day and the two styles were stunning. The day of the wedding came, and I was very nervous once again. Ioana showed up on time and arrived with Claudia and 2 other women. The whole day she was helping to calm my nerves and made me feel so special. They were both so patient with me. I had 5 bridesmaids, 1 flower girl, and 2 mothers who were extremely pleased with Ioana and her team. We all looked and felt our best. He pricing was extremely affordable, too! Ioana, I will remember you and Claudia forever. You two made me feel like a princess. I am forever grateful. Brides, you are lucky if you can hire this team! They are the best!

Sent on 07/23/2019
    iO Makeup & Hair 11
    iO Makeup & Hair 12
    iO Makeup & Hair 13
    iO Makeup & Hair 14
    iO Makeup & Hair 15

Meera · Married on 07/07/2019

Amazing team, had everyone looking stellar!

Ioana and her team did my bridesmaids, moms and sister in laws hair and make up for multiple events at an indian wedding. Both hair and make up were very well done and everyone was so happy with how their looks turned out.

Ioana was also very flexible and was able to change one of my appointments for a photoshoot in Tulum at very notice. She drove all the way out there to do my hair and make up by 7am. She never made me feel like a burden and did it all with a smile.

Overall Ioana is friendly, professional and a lovely person! Her team was also beyond fantastic and had everyone looking their absolute best :)

Sent on 08/11/2019

iO Makeup & Hair's reply:

Thank you so much for your beautiful words, it was a pleasure to be your big day!!
  • Tara

Tara Sandoval · Married on 07/05/2019

Best Makeup and Hair Artist You Will Ever Find!

Ioana and her team did my whole bridal party including my mother and grandmother. Everyone was ecstatic about the results. I've never felt more beautiful in my life! My grandmother and mother looked amazing! Her team was so friendly and fun! They were on time for both the trial and wedding day. They were also way more affordable than any other artist I researched. Wishing I could come back just to have her do it all over again! Thank you Ioana and team for making me feel like a princess on the most important day of my life thus far!

Sent on 07/18/2019
    iO Makeup & Hair 16
    iO Makeup & Hair 17
    iO Makeup & Hair 18
  • Kiki

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/15/2019

Simply Amazing!

Ioana and her team were absolutely amazing, they were all hand working and kind ensuring each and every girl including myself looked their best! I would recommend them to anyone getting married in the Cancun area they were a big part in making my wedding so wonderful and memorable! Thanks again Ladies!!

Sent on 05/23/2019
    iO Makeup & Hair 19
    iO Makeup & Hair 20
    iO Makeup & Hair 21
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Rooney · Married on 05/05/2019

Talented & Wonderful to work with!

I used iO makeup for my wedding on 5/5. There 6 women and 1 child. These ladies did an EXCELLENT job for all of the ladies. Their hair & makeup looked gorgeous and stayed all night long. We did hair & makeup in my Corner Suite at Hyatt Ziva Cancun. I can’t say enough great things about the women and their talent. They were all so nice and helpful and did such a great job. I’d recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/21/2019
    iO Makeup & Hair 30
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/03/2019

Flawlessly beautiful

From start to finish the ladies were nothing but professional . They knew exactly what we wanted with use explaining it in few little words. We all loved our hair and makeup so much that we didn’t want to shower at the end of the night and ruin it! Plus their prices were more than reasonable! Thank you ladies for making us look amazing!!!

Sent on 05/10/2019
    iO Makeup & Hair 36
  • Ana

Ana · Married on 04/25/2019

Book with Ioana Figueroa

I would recommend Ioana Figueroa services for every bride out there. I just came back from my destination wedding in Cozumel and what great memories I have about my wedding day! I’m so happy that few weeks prior to my wedding I stumbled into IO’s page and decided to book her services after reviewing her Instagram page. We were about 14 people including bridesmaids and other family members, and every single person looked BEAUTIFUL. Oh my bridesmaids, I’ve never seen them so happy, everyone was amazed by IO’s work and they were all satisfied w/ their hair and makeup.
    As a bride, I’ve never felt so beautiful. I usually don’t wear makeup on daily basis, and Ioana was able to transform my previous makeup idea into an elegant look, that made me feel different but still myself. Initially I was very concerned about my hairstyle since I have curly type 4B-C hair, but boy, I was positively impressed with the final result.
    The service was unbelievable. Throughout the process Ioana was very responsive, so flexible and attentive to every detail. For my bridal trial, she offer to come from Cancun to Cozumel for the trial so I would be able to make it to the rehearsal dinner on time. And this was all in less than 24hr notice.
    The whole team was amazing, every single one of them knew what they were doing and worked effectively as we expected.
    I can’t thank IO and her team enough for all they’ve done to make my bridal team as beautiful as they look. If you haven’t decided yet, just look at her amazing Instagram page and you’ll make up your mind right away!

Sent on 05/06/2019
    iO Makeup & Hair 37

Hali Moore · Married on 04/23/2019

An Experience to Remember and Cherish

My husband and I went to Mexico and got married, just the two of us. I scheduled makeup and hair for the wedding, plus a trial day for both. The stylists showed up on time for the trial and wedding. Ioana (the makeup artist) and the hair stylist made a great team. They knew how to read each other to ensure not to disturb the other’s work, which helped them with time management. They knew exactly how long it would take and were very prompt. They both were very talented and my hair and makeup looked amazing!!! They were extremely friendly and courteous, but also very helpful. They helped me with zipping my dress and completing the look. I couldn’t have done it without them. I definitely recommend this vendor to anyone looking to impress on their BIG day!

Sent on 06/13/2019
    iO Makeup & Hair 38
    iO Makeup & Hair 39
    iO Makeup & Hair 40
    iO Makeup & Hair 41
  • Izkalotzin

Izkalotzin Gonzalez · Married on 02/02/2019

The best makeup artist in Cancun!

I totally recommend Iona, she is very professional and also her team. I got married last February 2nd, 2019 at the Reflect Grand Krystal Cancun. I had my makeup test two days before the wedding and it was perfect, I had the chance to see how I was going to feel and made adjustments for the wedding day.

I hired hair and makeup services for me (including makeup test) and for the bridesmaids (4 girls), my mom, groom's mom and my aunt. 8 ladies in total and we were ready on time for the ceremony.

Iona knows perfectly how to work with different types of skin and different ages, she cleans all her tools between each person and the best part is she is amazing!! She was very open to listen to my ideas and the colors I wanted and she also suggested how to get the perfect look that will last for a Cancun wedding literally all day.

If you are looking for a professional, great quality and a very good price makeup artist in Cancun you need to hire Ioana.

I thought I was going to be able to do my makeup but I wasn't, I made the best decision with Ioana. She prepared my skin and she applied the makeup with airbrush. I felt so pretty and comfortable to dance and cry all night!!

The picture of me at the elevator was at the end of the night, you can see how my makeup was perfect. I didn't need to retouch it and I didn't apply more lipstick only what she put early.

Thank you Ioana for an amazing service!!

Sent on 02/25/2019
    iO Makeup & Hair 48
    iO Makeup & Hair 49
    iO Makeup & Hair 50

iO Makeup & Hair's reply:

Thank you very much it was a pleasure to be able to meet you and do your makeup for your wedding.
    Thank you again for your sweet words I really appreciate. =)
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 01/04/2019

Fabulous!!!!!!

II was gorgeous for my wedding!! I’ve nevee heard so many compliments about my makeup and hair. I was so thankful IO. I had 7 bridesmaids and they all looked amazing. Everyone was super happy with the results.

Sent on 01/11/2019
    iO Makeup & Hair 51

Jasmine Kretzer · Married on 12/14/2018

Best hair/makeup team in Riviera Maya

Hired for engagement photo shoot as well as wedding. For the wedding, a team of 6 arrived for 10 people, including myself. Each person loved their hair and makeup. Very punctual and fast. They were kind and asked each girl for preference in hair/makeup. Would hire again in a heart beat!

Sent on 12/23/2018

Kimberly · Married on 12/07/2018

Wedding Hair and Makeup

My hair and makeup were beyond perfect. I would give them 10 stars if I could. Such a great team to work with. So professional and can not express how happy I was! When I come back to Cancun I will be hiring you guys again. Thanks so much.

Sent on 12/28/2018
    iO Makeup & Hair 52
  • Michelle

Michelle Bakay · Married on 10/30/2018

My best day ever!!!

Ioana Figueroa is amazing she did my makeup for my wedding day. I recommend 100%
    She is the best option in the Riviera Maya.

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Thamara

Thamara · Married on 10/28/2018

Professional and lovely!

I'm a wedding planner and I have worked with them before and have also recommended them to other brides, so I pretty much knew since the beginning that I wanted to hire them!

Ioana and Irasema are simply amazing! Not only they nailed the look I was looking for, but it lasted all night (actually, my hair lasted until the next day, lol). Plus! Io is such a sweetheart! Believe me, it is really important to surround yourself with good vibes on the day of your wedding and this ladies are the sweetest! Thank you both so much!

Sent on 11/22/2018

Brittany · Married on 08/12/2018

Highly recommend!! I love my make up and hair, I received so many comments on it, as well as my bridesmaids. It was a great experience overall!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Kasia · Married on 04/19/2018

I found Ioana through WeddingWire and am so happy I booked her services. She made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day. She is very responsive to emails and WhatsApp. She asked for a few photos of the style of makeup I wanted, and she delivered! She uses very good quality brand named makeup (a lot of the same products I use at home) as well makeup meant to withstand the humidity and heat of Cancun. My makeup lasted until the end of the night and looked great in the photos.

Don't hesitate to book IO Makeup & Hair. They will do an amazing job! I've attached some photos of me on my wedding day (I am only pretending to put on makeup for the professional for the photos).

Sent on 05/05/2018
    iO Makeup & Hair 53
    iO Makeup & Hair 54
    iO Makeup & Hair 55

Stacey · Married on 02/22/2018

I had nothing but a great experience with the girls at io, makeup and hair both looked amazing would highly recommend.

Sent on 03/19/2018

Dhara · Married on 11/05/2017

Best makeup artist around Cancun !! Very flexible and reliable.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Sam · Married on 10/27/2017

I’m in love with my wedding makeup and my hair.
    Ioana is such a sweet heart.
    She is awesome, my makeup last all night long.
    All my brides look amazing as well ,
    Thanks

Sent on 12/08/2017

Kelly · Married on 10/08/2017

Ioana is amazing! Her team was son nice with all my girls, I am very happy i found her. My makeup and hair was beyond amazing!! Thanks!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Crystal · Married on 06/23/2017

I cannot say enough about how great this crew was, very professional and fun at the same time! I along with my bridesmaids and mothers of bride and groom have never felt more beautiful! I asked Ioana to make me beautiful, nervous cause I did not know what to expect when she was done, and OMG she did just that without pictures, suggestions, recommendations, etc.!! She knows what "look" is best as soon as she sees you in person! It is amazing!! Even with a June wedding, sweating like crazy, the makeup never budged, lasted all night long! Thank you again for making me feel fabulous on my wedding day!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Katie · Married on 06/08/2017

Ioana and her team were absolutely fantastic! Very professional and everyone looked beautiful!!! I highly recommend iO makeup & hair to anyone getting married in Cancun!!!

Sent on 06/19/2017
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 03/18/2017

Ionia and her team were amazing! Me and my friends are very particular about our makeup and hair. Ionia was very easy to work with. Very responsive and understanding. She made me, my bridesmaids, sister inlaws and mother in law look breathtaking. She is very professional and honestly a true artist. Thank you so much! She even hustled down to my ballroom doors to do touch ups for my grand entrance into the ballroom with my husband! Thank you so so much for everything!

Sent on 03/29/2017