International Sounds Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Becca

Becca Urtnowski · Getting married on 11/03/2019

Quick to respond

Quick to respond to my message and reasonably priced

Sent on 06/06/2019

Eleni pavlis · Married on 05/19/2019

George was fantastic!

Had George for my wedding May 19th, and he was amazing!! Had people on the dance floor all night, knew the right amount of Greek/American music to play. Not once did the dance floor go empty! He was amazing! Thank you George!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Ellie · Married on 09/22/2018

He was amazing! He played most of the songs I wanted and he went in a really good order. He made my wedding kick butt! LOL

Sent on 09/26/2018

Julie · Married on 10/28/2017

We love George! George and team provided great entertainment for our Greek / Italian wedding. We had a Greek band and dj services to mix both types of music and it all was great. Highly reccommend!!!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

International Sounds made our wedding day and night beyond enjoyable for both us and all of our guests. George was extremely helpful throughout the planning process and helped with organizing a string quartet for our ceremony as well as organizing a jazz band for our after party. The music selection George and his team played throughout the reception had everyone up and on the dance floor. In addition to music George also had a lighting team to create uplighting in the reception room which created a perfect romantic ambiance for our event. We truly loved working with George and would highly recommend International Sounds to brides and grooms looking for a professional, caring, supportive, and talented DJ.

Sent on 10/01/2017

Matina · Married on 06/10/2017

George and his team at International Sounds are EXCEPTIONAL! I just got married this past weekend and EVERYONE at the wedding (and even those who just saw the video) has mentioned how awesome our DJ was! George and his team had everyone on the dance floor the entire night (exactly what I wanted)! Not only was I blown away the night of our wedding but it was a real pleasure working with George and his team leading up to our wedding as well - They were very responsive and happy to accommodate anything and everything we wanted. They even drove over an hour away to visit our venue beforehand because they had never done an event there in the past. In addition to the amazing music, George was the best MC I have ever heard or seen. He was extremely professional and talented and did an incredible job at engaging the crowd. Everything was PERFECT. I hope I can host another event soon so I can have you guys again - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Billy · Married on 05/28/2017

George and his team from International Sounds were an absolute delight to work with. He was the utmost professional and was absolutely responsive to all our needs. He catered to our every request and performed an absolute amazing event for our wedding. I would absolutely recommend him for any event and I can guarantee it you will not be disappointed. AAA+++. From Billy and Kristina. We love you George.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Frankie · Married on 05/21/2017

I have known George and his team for many many years and when the time came for my own Wedding there was no question on who would be our DJ/entertainment. The attention to detail and energy is amazing. Mixing two cultures together isn't easy but George saw our vision and delivered. Our guests LOVED every minute of it! The nonstop dancing and laughter made our wedding day a night to remember for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Janine · Married on 09/04/2016

George is truly awesome at what he does! He was the dj for our Greek/American wedding and had everyone on the dance floor the entire time! He was able to mix both music genres perfectly to accommodate all of our guests. Everyone is still raving about him and my venue even commented that he is the best DJ they have ever there!! Thank you George!!!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Eleni · Married on 05/14/2016

George and his team at International Sounds did a phenomenal job at my May 14 wedding in Glen Cove, NY. We gave them a tough job — to blend Greek, Brazilian, and American music while we were crunched for time. They managed to do this seamlessly. The dance floor was consistently packed, and our wedding guests haven’t stopped raving about what a great job International Sounds did. George is extraordinarily experienced, professional, reliable, and polished. He really listened to everything we said, provided ideas when we didn’t know what to do, and went above and beyond in fulfilling all our requests. He was definitely one of our favorite vendors, and I am so happy we used his services. I would HIGHLY recommend George and international sounds for any special event. Thank you guys for being an integral part of our reception!!!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Athena · Married on 05/07/2016

I had international sounds dj my wedding on May 7, and we couldn't have been any happier. George truly listens to your ideas, brainstorms with you and even has his own beautiful inputs. I left many decisions in his hands because I trusted him, and he did exactly what i thought he would, he delivered! He really cared about how our evening turned out and you can see that in his work. Tell him what you are looking for and hell show up woth just that, plus some! I definitely recommend international sounds for any event.

Sent on 05/15/2016

anna · Married on 12/06/2015

We booked George and International Sounds for my daughter's wedding. on December 6, 2015 on Fox Hollow. He did amazing job. He got everyone dancing all night long and having amazing time. People are calling me and telling me he had an amazing music.
    .We were very honor to have him with us that evening. If i have another event ill use him again. THANK YOU VERY MUCH GEORGE AND INTERNATIONAL SOUNDS!
    Mr&Mrs Kostas & Anna Dimitratos.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Jaime · Married on 11/21/2015

We booked George & International Sounds for our wedding. They did an awesome job!!! From there beautiful set up to amazing choices of music, they got all our guest dancing and having a great time!!! We have been using International sounds for all of our events and plan on continuing to use them! George always answered all my questions promptly (even the silly ones) and made being a bride very easy. THANK YOU GEORGE AND INTERNATIONAL SOUNDS!!!! - Mr. & Mrs. Patrick Walsh

Sent on 12/11/2015

frances · Married on 04/18/2015

We booked International Sounds for our wedding that just happened in April. George was amazing to work with. He dealt with my many emails and messages of questions throughout the whole planning process, and really delivered their best the day of our wedding! I honestly have no complaints! We gave them some songs we wanted to hear, which were played and then just basically gave them a time frame and genre of different music we wanted to hear. I will say that the music he surprised us with brought me back to my high school days! My husband also talked with George behind my back and surprised me with a song that my husband recorded for me. He works well with his clients and is very flexible in any changes made to the tradition of things! Lastly, we also used them for pictures with the flat screen tvs, and for videography. They are very quick in returning the pics and videos to you after your event, and their material is awesome! I will definitely be using them again for future events!

Sent on 05/15/2015

banyan · Married on 03/27/2015

George and his company International Sounds Entertainment transformed my venue into our dream come true. We could not have had a more perfect and beautiful evening. George and his crew, are some of the most reliable, professional and caring people I worked with during the planning of our wedding and on our wedding day as well. He truly listened to our ideas, brainstormed with us and even had his own beautiful ideas. He showed he really cared about how our evening turned out. The DJ was great as well, everyone was on the dance floor. I 100% recommend him and his company for any event.

Sent on 08/02/2015

Joanna · Married on 10/12/2014

It is very hard to find a quality DJ to provide quality music and entertainment services, but I found the complete package In George and his team and could not be any happier. From out first dance to the last song of the night, George had everyone dancing, full of smiles and simply having fun. I actually had people tell me that they missed the appetizers because they couldn't stop dancing all night long. He was able to get people who do not dance off their chair and dance all night long. I want to recommend to anyone who is struggling to find the right DJ entertainment for their future wedding because on this special occasion, the last thing one needs to be worrying about is providing good quality entertainment. George and his crew are not DJ's but rather musical engineers who can put together the program of your choosing with confidence to providing their top level skills to make sure you and your guests are happy. If I could give 10 stars on here i would!!! THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Veronica · Married on 08/16/2014

George and his entire staff are amazing! They did a wonderful job at our wedding and I will defenitly be recommending him! Thank you George!!!

Sent on 08/31/2014

George dj-ed our wedding last weekend and did a phenomenal job....we had a mix of younger and older guests who all made it out to the dance floor that night because of George's amazingly intuitive songs choices. Having been to many other weddings where the music was sub-par, I was naturally concerned about having great music at my own wedding....George took care of it. Would highly recommend his company to anyone planning a wedding - the director of our venue Gotham Hall loved him and so did my wedding planner. Very professional, very responsive, and very easy to work with. He actually listens to your preferences and then delivers!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Kim · Married on 09/07/2013

George of International Sounds and his team will wow you! They are simply the best in the business and will give you the best wedding. Music is so important and you can TRUST them to do a great job. George also provided a monogram for the dance floor, up-lighting, and a pianist at cocktail hour. He is very easy to get in touch with and ask a lot of questions! I was extremely picky and I can assure other picky brides that George is the way to go! He was one of the first vendors my husband and I picked and we could not have been more pleased. He is such a joy to work with and I was so at ease. I can't say this enough but he is a true professional and he did an outstanding job at my wedding! Several guests have told me it was the best wedding they have been to! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/16/2013

International Sounds made my wedding day! Music is such an important part of any wedding reception and International Sounds created such a great party! I would recommend this company to anyone looking for great music with a professional staff. George you and your staff were great to work with and I look forward to working with you again in the future. Our guests had such a good time and are still raving about the music!

Sent on 05/15/2013

Jill · Married on 06/09/2012

George and his team made our wedding the Party of the year. He was not only helpful in crafting our party flow but provided us with all the music we requested in a flow that kept the party going...even after the party ended. Our friends raved about the music at our wedding. We HIGHLY recommend International Sounds.

Sent on 09/06/2012

We were very happy with International Sounds NYC. We we wanted our wedding to be tasteful without being boreing with music that was at a comfortabe volume so that our guests could talk have a good time. International Sounds NYC delivered that and more. The DJ's went above an beyond by seraching the internet to find the exact rendition of a song from the 1930's that I wanted. They were able read the crowd and played music that appealed to our guests of all ageas from 95 to 12 years old. Everyone said this was the best wedding they had ever been to. Thanks you guys made our wedding recetpion perfect.

Sent on 06/27/2012

Christina · Married on 04/28/2012

I Had an amazing band and DJ. the full experience was great. George also created a lounge area for me which made it more homey and fun!!!

Sent on 05/10/2012

Adriano · Married on 04/20/2012

the night flew by because of the stellar music and mc by international...
    got nothing but good comments on how great the music was!

thanks again George

Sent on 05/08/2012

Fay · Married on 02/19/2012

George and his crew were amazing on our wedding day. Very professional, everyone loved the music, the lighting all around our room at the VIP Country Club and also the percussionist; he was awesome as well. Thank you for a wonderful night!!!

Sent on 03/01/2012