30 Reviews for Innovative Gourmet

Vegetarian (1)
Champagne Toast (1)
Chairs (1)
30 Innovative Gourmet Reviews

We decided to pick Innovative Gourmet for our Gramercy Mansion wedding for a lot of reasons: first off, I have several dietary restrictions that Innovative agreed to accommodate; second, we LOVED the foods we had at our tasting (which was complimentary, so you know they have faith in their chefs), and finally, we selected Innovative Gourmet because our venue lacked a day-of coordinator--Innovative assured us they could help fill in the gaps. The day of the wedding, I felt calm and confident in Innovative Gourmet's ability to "man the day," if you will. I am not certain I would have been as calm with a different choice in caterer. I knew Kim and Maria had my back and wanted the day to be as flawless as possible. Our guests loved the foods we selected, most specifically the appetizers, and our signature Whiskey Smash cocktail. I felt like everything was so specialized and carefully selected to represent who we are as a couple. I highly recommend using Innovative Gourmet to anyone who is considering them! Everything was perfect.

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/29/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Amazing service, extremely responsive, professional and the food was perfect!!!!!!! Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 6/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

From start to finish, Innovative Gourmet was amazing - we could not have asked for a better caterer for our wedding!! Kim was incredible, she answered all of our questions very promptly and organized a really delightful tasting for us at which she not only helped us choose the best menu but also gave us a ton of valuable advice on decorations, wedding day scheduling, how to order the ceremony and reception, really everything to do with the wedding. She was very responsive whenever we had a question and went through several versions of our menu with us. On the day of the wedding Innovative's event manager Maria was absolutely fantastic - she not only managed all the catering aspects but also helped us signal the processional and made sure we were in the right places at the right times for things like first dance, cake cutting, speeches, everything! We couldn’t have pulled it off without her, she was so on top of everything and made sure it all went so smoothly! On top of the impeccable service, all our guests kept telling us and our parents how delicious all the food was and how professional and friendly all the staff were. Innovative Gourmet made sure everything was perfect - we didn't have to worry about a single thing and we were able to just enjoy our reception. We can’t possibly thank them enough and if we ever need catering in the future for any event we know who we'll be calling!

Profile Picture Susannah, 10/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Innovative Gourmet was one of the best choices we made while planning our wedding! Kim was incredibly accommodating and super responsive. Our guests were raving about the food during and after the wedding. The staff was very friendly and professional, ensuring the needs of our guests were met. Even while taking our photos, while cocktail hour was going on, Kim made sure we each had a glass of champagne and some hors d'oeuvres. We cannot say enough good things about her! The value of the food and service was unmatched!

Profile Picture Madeline, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I cannot speak highly enough of IG and Kim and Maria. I spoke with 4-5 different caterers (all well known) who were either unprofessional or way overpriced. My wedding was small (50 guests) and in June and I assume they didn't want to waste their time when they could make more money on someone else. That is, until Innovative! They worked with my budget and needs and never treated me less then. They even went above and beyond with a last minute request for a special allergen free meal for my sister. I worked with Kim and she was always responsive and lovely. Love her! The best part was the food was amazing! I am obsessed with the mashed potatoes. I also appreciated that they brought my husband and I apps while we were taking photos and served us our meal first. They absolutely exceeded our expectations. You cannot go wrong by hiring Innovative Gourmet. Check catering off your list!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everything turned out perfectly. Kim had awesome suggestions and dealt with my crazy changes up until the last minute. The service was great and everyone raved about the food. I would use them for any event!

Profile Picture Dominique, 5/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Very supportive and helpful through the entire process. They were flexible and willing to work with whatever ideas we had. Our guests are still telling us, even a few days later, how good the food was. Our day of coordinator was on top of everything and didn't come to us with questions, but instead our maid of honor as directed. They communicated well and were just very kind people to work with. I would highly recommend Innovative Gourmet.

Profile Picture User6643152, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Local, Bartender(s), Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Chairs, Lactose Free

Dealing with Kim at IG was amazing! Our first meeting, she had tons of info, treated us to food samples, introduced us to our chef (yes our day of chef), went over potential colors and met on a Sunday so my visiting (now) mother in law could meet who she had talked to on the phone!

We actually had went with a different caterer based on actually attending a wedding they did, but once we had made our decision, had a major issue after the tasting. Kim was very receptive when I called her several weeks after our initial meet and said we would like to go with them instead. It was like we never missed a beat! We got the menu hashed out. She made great alternative suggestions to requests we made that saved us some money. We love to eat and aren't really picky, so saving was a plus. We really felt like she was on our side all the way.

Kim was great during the walk through of the venue. She made great suggestions on how to arrange the tables and decorations. She went over how things would go the day of and took plenty of time to make sure all the details were handled.

I can't say enough about the day of. As the groom, I was there from the beginning of setup until teardown and I've never seen such an efficient orchestration. The day of coordinator managed his staff in a telepathic manner, everyone was super friendly and helpful. The food was amazing, the setup was amazing. Most impressively, we were assigned a staff member, Lillian, that brought us drinks and snacks during the photography and made us plates of food and made sure we sat down and ate during the reception. Everyone we talked to advised that wouldn't really happen, so we were doubly impressed when it did (we forgot to assign a backup!)

I now realize that the catering is about so much more than just the food. Despite the short stressful 6 months of planning, we never could have imagined it would be so perfect. Innovative Gourmet was a huge part of it exceeding our expectations!

Profile Picture Chris, 3/26/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol

Innovative Gourmet provide catering services for my wedding at the 1840s Ballroom and they were absolutely FANTASTIC! My wife and I consider ourselves to be foodies and we were looking for a caterer that was unique and one that could create a custom menu based on our tastes. Innovative Gourmet delivered and knocked it out of the park. The food was amazing and all of our guests commented on how good the good was. Barry did an awesome job with the menu.

In addition to the amazing food, Sharon did an amazing job with all of the other elements of the planning. She was professional, very responsive, and really looked out for our best interests. She was also great the day of the wedding, making sure the decor was set up and everything was running smoothly. Sharon and Barry provided a very personalized experience and the quality of the food was as good as a 5 star restaurant. I HIGHLY recommend Innovative Gourmet for any future events!

Profile Picture Jerry, 11/1/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our experience with Innovative Gourmet was fantastic. Our daughter's wedding was held at the Evergreen Museum and the food matched this beautiful setting in all ways. From the moment we arrived for the cocktail hour Innovative Gourmet staff was ready and walking around with the appetizers. The bar was ready and welcoming with my daughter's signature drink. All of our guests raved about the appetizers, and were enjoying the appetizers so much we had to corral them into the carriage house for dinner! The staff didn't stop there they were attentive to every single diner. No one had to wait for any course to be served. All tables were served at the same time, it was fantastic! Not only that but my daughter, the bride came up to me during the reception and told me how attentive Maria was to her every need. Did I tell you - Maria is the owner of Innovative Gourmet! Do you think she was pretty busy making sure food courses were moving quickly, yes but she found time to check in on the bride to be sure she was wanting for nothing. That says an awful lot about Innovative Gourmet. All of our friends raved about the food, and they are a tough crowd so I am very happy because my daughter, my son-in-law, my own family and all of my friends loved it. I would highly recommend Innovative Gourmet.

Profile Picture Mollie, 6/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Maria, Barry and the rest of the team at Innovative Gourmet were fantastic! Not only did they make the tent for our backyard wedding look beautiful, the food was absolutely amazing (I wish I had gotten to eat more of it!)!! We have gotten tons of compliments from guests about the quality of the food and the service. Maria served as a second wedding planner and helped to make sure we had everything we needed to pull off a backyard wedding. We had a few last minutes changes that Maria was more than happy to accommodate and work with us. Innovative Gourmet really knows their food and their business!!! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Maia, 6/7/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering

You can't go wrong with Innovative Gourmet. My daughter and I sampled three caterers and the tasting at Innovative was the best. The food they served at the wedding was absolutely delicious (main courses were Mahi-Mahi and Paella-style chicken. The appetizers were great. Many wedding guests commented (during and after the wedding) how excellent the food and catering was. Other pluses for Innovative: they are very flexible in making changes throughout the planning and reasonable with their prices. Barry created unique, delicious food and Maria was extremely helpful with not only with managing the catering itself but in much of the planning (table clothes, table and chair placement, order of events, and other useful advice.

Profile Picture Peter , 7/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Innovative Gourmet really did an awesome job. I received many compliments about our food, especially their house recipe smoked salmon. Everyone LOVED it! Maria was exceptional, she even brought us food while were having pictures done, because the bride and groom never get to eat until much later - if at all. It was such a welcome surprise to have her see to such details like that. Really touched me emotionally and made an impression. The bartender was wonderful, brought celerbratory drinks up to the bridal suite for us ahead of time and asked frequently if we needed anything. They were really wonderful, even for our intimate wedding. No details were too minor and they treated us as though we were royalty.

Profile Picture Serina, 12/17/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Great team to work with. Food was awesome!

Profile Picture Sharon, 2/20/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everyone at our wedding raved about the food and said that this was the best food that they have every had at a wedding and I have to agree. The beef tenderloin was especially wonderful. They were very easy to work with and the menu was varied and just a bit more special than the other vendors which with we had samplings.

Profile Picture Deborah, 6/20/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The menu was amazing, the cake was awesome and the staff was wonderful. I cannot say enough nice things about them!

Profile Picture Scootie, 7/24/04, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

If you want a personable caterer and delicious food, Innovative Gourmet will make you very happy. From the beginning, it was a pleasure to work with our catering coordinator, Kim. We were stuck between two caterers and her warm personality and commitment to being flexible with our budget sealed the deal for us. Kim was so great to work with, and we heard from many of our friends how good the food was at our wedding. We had such great variety of food and it was all delicious! If we did it all over, we'd have no problem choosing Innovative Gourmet again.

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Rachel and the team were great. The food was excellent - everyone raved about how good it was. The team was professional and fun to work with. No complaints at all. Highly recommend them to anyone.

Profile Picture Tai, 9/3/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

My wife and I spent months researching different catering companies for our early November wedding at the American Visionary Arts Museum. We were looking for a company with flexibility, delicious food, customer service, hospitality, and affordability. Innovative Gourmet Catering was it!! From the moment I spoke with Kim, I felt like they were incredibly willing to be flexible in order to meet our needs. I am Dominican and my wife is Midwestern, and they were able to deliver a menu that was delicious, diverse, and just what we were looking for. Seriously, the first thing that everyone we spoke to post wedding said was how delicious the food was!! Folks felt cared for, and like there were many options. The owner Maria was personally our coordinator on the wedding day, and she was amazing. You can tell she is someone who has years of experience under her belt. They made sure my wife and I left the reception with packed food to take home. The food was just as amazing the next day!! Seriously I cannot emphasize what a serious value Innovative Gourmet is. They were upfront about everything, no hidden fees or costs, and helped make our wedding incredibly special.

Profile Picture Maria, 11/13/15, 1 Review
4.7

Wedding food is normally boring and bland, but my husband and I wanted to break out of the wedding mold. We're so glad we chose Innovative Gourmet because they definitely exceeded our expectations for unique, inspired, DELICIOUS food! Kim Koppel was an absolute dream to work with from start to finish - she was seriously like an extra wedding planner! She is extremely organized and his meticulous when it comes to working out the details. We told Kim that we wanted to have a German-inspired menu and her team didn't disappoint. At the tasting, my husband and I had a few suggestions to help make the meal a little more German authentic and the chef not only took the suggestion, but went above and beyond to make the dish even better (and it was already damned good!). Everyone at the wedding raved about the uniqueness of the food, the quality of preparation, and the quantity. I wish I was hungrier because I couldn't even eat everything!

Innovative is not only a food preparer, though. The event manager made sure the ENTIRE evening ran smoothly and seamlessly coordinated with the other vendors. Set-up was a breeze and the venue looked amazing. The bar servers were super friendly and jovial, the waitstaff was awesome (shout out to Renee! So many people mentioned her by name due to her excellent service!), and clean up was insanely thorough and fast. My husband and I had what seemed like a dedicated server all to ourselves for the entire night. Our plates and cups were NEVER empty and we NEVER had to ask for a single thing! The staff even made us up a dessert plate because we were so busy dancing that we missed dessert service!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to Kim, Maria (the owner), and the amazing team for ensuring that our wedding night was an amazing and memorable experience. :)

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/19/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Kosher, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, American, German

My caterer was wonderful to work with, and an absolute joy on the wedding day. We had a phenomenal day!!! The food was awesome, and they even made the cake as well, which was delicious. My event planner, Kim, was fun to work with and really made me feel important. She was great about communication and helpful in the last minute rush before the wedding. The staff at the wedding was so polite, my guests even commented on how nice they all were. Oh, and did I mention the food was soooo good. They even gave us a care package to take home to enjoy. We also had amazing fruit carvings, made from watermelon...it was beautiful.

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/1/03, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

WE LOVED OUR CATERER! They were always, always, always available via phone or e-mail and would get back to you promptly and if they had something to clarify or let you know, they always kept you up to date on things! I felt like I had my own personal wedding planner when I had not even hired one! The linens, china and food are amazing and offer a lot of selection. I wanted food that wasn't too "typical" at my wedding but I knew everyone would love. I didn't want the same "steak and cake" wedding dinner. Our hors'd'oeveurs were awesome! I highly recommend this caterer for foor/bar.

Profile Picture Jillian, 5/30/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Innovative Gourmet was a good choice for our wedding. I was able to meet with the coordinator several times. She helped me work out a reasonable budget. The first meeting was a tasting, which helped me choose them over other caterers. I am not use to paying for all of a service before the services have been done. I understand a deposit. They were not flexible with that at all. I had to pay 100% of the cost before they would even show up to my venue the day of the wedding. The staff was very helpful throughout the reception and waited on my husband and I as well as my mother. They were all very professional. I would use this caterer again because their services were outstanding. My cake person backed out about a month before the wedding, and Innovative Gourmet ended up doing it for me. I gave them a picture and the cake looked jsut like the picture. It also tasted very good. At the end of the evening the caterer wrapped up all of the left overs, which allowed my husband and I to eat very well for about two weeks.

Profile Picture Brittany, 4/25/08, 5 Reviews
4.2

I received many compliments from my guests about the quality of the dinner...filet and crab cake were awesome! Also, the service was excellent. The staff followed me and my husband around as we had our pictures taken so that we could sample some of the appetizers. Our coordinator was difficult to communicate with in the beginning and was not responsive. She didn't give me a good "warm and fuzzy" feeling that I would have liked, but when the wedding day came, she was prepared and everything went smoothly.

Profile Picture Pam, 10/17/08, 3 Reviews