INDUSTRY Reviews

15 | Indianapolis, IN

15 Reviews for INDUSTRY

• Emily

Emily Burke · Married on 02/12/2020

Wedding venue, coordination and beverage

We had such a wonderful experience using INDUSTRY as our wedding venue and coordination! I was immediately drawn to the building's large windows and exposed brick. It's truly a beautiful venue. What really sold me is that we were able to to hold the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all in the same building while each having their own separate spaces. Not to mention the "getting ready rooms" we used for hair and makeup. INDUSTRY was able to comfortably hold our 200 guests while still accommodating the 4-piece band and a large dance floor. The space looked beautiful, and I mean BEAUTIFUL, during our mid-December evening wedding.

The coordination service deserves its own paragraph. Wedding coordination was not something I had put much thought into before I began planning my own. I guess I'd always assumed that my wedding would be fairly simple and wouldn't require a ton of work the day-of. This is actually laughable now. Because of Andrea, our INDUSTRY coordinator, I was able to show up to the venue at 9am and remain totally and completely relaxed the entire day. My mom even got to do the same! Andrea completely handled the decor setup, vendor coordination (band, florist, catering, rentals), room flips, tear down and so much more. We had several meetings leading up to the wedding day where we planned the timeline, floor plan and answered all of my many questions along the way. I truly cannot recommend INDUSTRY's coordination enough.

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 06/14/2019

Love This Venue!!

Absolutely love this venue!!! Everything from the look of it to the staff was perfect. Abby, Melissa and Sarah were so easy to work with and super responsive and flexible. Industry allows you to truly make your wedding day be your own vision with very few restrictions on what is allowed. Be sure to rent the photo booth -our guests had so much fun with it!! Our day was perfect and having it at Industry helped make it that way. I would not have changed one thing about my day!!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Robyn · Married on 04/06/2019

Zacharias Wedding 4/6/19

Unique/amazing wedding experience. Great to have wedding and ceremony all at one place. Great amount of space so our guests weren’t cramped. Photo booth was a total hit at our wedding. Staff was amazing and accommodating. Abby is just amazing. It was a perfect day and perfect venue!!!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2018

Worth every penny

The venue was seriously amazing! Abby, our coordinator was the best and made everything so easy! The venue is absolutely beautiful and only minimal decorations were needed to make the place amazing! Great space, including the bridal suites and the bar service is unbeatable! Couldn’t have picked a better place for our special day!

Sent on 11/12/2018

INDUSTRY's reply:

Thank you, Jessica! We are so glad you loved everything about your wedding at INDUSTRY. Congratulations!
  • Kelli

Kelli · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect wedding and team!

We walked into Industry for a tour two days after they officially opened (Nov 2017). Sean, one of the owners, toured us around a half-completed industrial building. We put a huge amount of trust into what Sean told us they'd be completing in time for our wedding (Oct 2018), but the venue still just felt right. The part that was completed was absolutely gorgeous, so we had reason to believe he'd stick to his word. Also, at the time, there weren't really any local employees to Industry. We were nervous, but we could tell how passionate Sean was about the wedding industry and this venue, so something told us to just go for it. There were a few snags along the way as Industry began to learn the ropes of doing business in Indianapolis - but with the very few snags we had, the Industry staff went ABOVE AND BEYOND to make things right for us. Our wedding coordinator Abby was absolutely amazing and worth the extra coordination fee. She made sure our day was absolutely perfect. During the cocktail hour, a bridesmaid's dress got caught in something and ripped "beyond repair." Thinking she'd go through the whole reception in leggings and a t-shirt, Abby and her assistant worked behind the scenes to completely resew the dress. I was absolutely astonished at her commitment to our day. I feel like we became family with the team at Industry - if I could go back in time, I would absolutely choose Industry as our venue again.

Sent on 12/10/2018

INDUSTRY's reply:

Thank you, Kelli! We are so thankful for your patience in working with us while still under construction, and are so happy that you had a great experience with INDUSTRY and our team!

Nathan · Married on 09/29/2018

I looked at 20+ venues across Indianapolis while we were searching for our perfect venue and Industry checked off all the boxes for my fiance and I. The team customized the entire experience for us so that we could have the perfect reception. I would highly recommend giving them a visit.

Sent on 02/05/2018

Corben · Married on 09/22/2018

INDUSTRY is the venue that fills a major void in the wedding industry. First and foremost, I will tell you that when you plan something as big as a wedding, the most important piece is doing business with people you trust. The team at INDUSTRY are those people! From start to finish they have been amazing to work with and incredibly transparent - always looking for ways to help and providing amazing suggestions on how to cut costs and still make everything in your wedding "ideals" possible. Transparency is not a common theme in the wedding planning space but it is at INDUSTRY. Another amazing feature that INDUSTRY offers is a fantastic wedding planning team that will be there for your everyday questions and support. They are happy to help provide advice, suggestions, help bid down vendors and provide overall fantastic support and make sure your wedding day flows smoothly with no hiccups. This is hands down the best trio of wedding events in Indianapolis - best facility/space, location and support team.

Sent on 02/05/2018

Katy · Married on 09/15/2018

We looked at wedding venues for 5 weeks and finally landed at the INDUSTRY for our last visit. As soon as we walked into the space, we knew it was our future wedding venue. The space just caught our eye- it is absolutely beautiful and becoming more beautiful with every renovation. A very welcoming crew greeted us and gained our trust from the beginning. Every step of the process has been easy with a very responsive crew and a very helpful coordinator provided to us by the venue. We can even bring our pups to the venue to celebrate our big day with us :). We couldn't be happier with our decision to go with the INDUSTRY and cannot wait for our wedding!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Kylie · Married on 06/16/2018

We got married at INDUSTRY on June 16th, 2018 and absolutely LOVED hosting our reception at this venue. It is absolutely beautiful and we couldn't have been more pleased with how the day turned out. Abby, our "client concierge" from INDUSTRY was very helpful in answering our questions. Everything from start to finish went smoothly on our wedding day and we didn't have to worry about a thing. The main reason we booked INDUSTRY is because they allow you to use whatever vendors you want, which is so rare for venues as we found out. Also, it is a huge space which allowed us to invite all our friends and family and not feel like we had limitations. It is such a gorgeous venue - once you visit, you will want to have your wedding there!

Sent on 07/09/2018
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 12/31/2018

Wonderful Experience

Our experience with INDUSTRY was wonderful. We were actually one of the first 10 couples to book the venue, and did so before construction was even complete. In fact, I only saw the space via FaceTime while my parents did a walk-through because we live out of state.

I instantly fell in love with the industrial feel, and really liked the entire concept of making the space your own by bringing in your own vendors. I was having a hard time finding spaces in the Indy area that allowed for this flexibility, so this was a huge plus for us. It really is a blank canvas, and we took advantage of that. But I've also seen it look just as beautiful with really minimal decor.

We booked our wedding over a year out, and considering the space was not yet complete, I knew that we would encounter a few changes along the way. One of the biggest changes was that INDUSTRY became the required beverage vendor - after we had already booked our bar service through our caterer. I was a little nervous, but the team immediately put me at ease. They took care of the logistics, matched the price of our current contract and worked with the caterer to amend our previous beverage contract. They exceeded our expectations, and our open bar was a huge hit. The bar staff was AWESOME, too.

Because I was planning our wedding from Boston, I purchased the coordination services, and I never once regretted doing so. My coordinator Abby was amazing from the day we met up until hours past last call on the night of our wedding. She was responsive, helpful, organized, thorough and just everything you would want from a wedding coordinator. She worked on so many logistics that I will never even know about, and I didn't have ONE stressful moment on our wedding day. Seriously, not one. That would not have been the case without Abby.

All in all, our wedding was truly the best day of our lives. There is a long list of vendors who made that a reality, and INDUSTRY is undoubtedly one of them.

Sent on 01/18/2019

INDUSTRY's reply:

Thank you so much for the rave review, Anne! We are thrilled that you had a great experience at INDUSTRY and with our team. Congratulations, again!

Lee · Married on 09/28/2018

We recently celebrated a wedding reception at Industry. The actual ceremony was held in another location. The event was a spectacular success. The facility was amazingly beautiful, and the fall sunset streaming through the windows as the evening began was a sight to behold. The entire Industry team were supportive throughout, with special nods to Ashleigh and Miranda (our coordinator). If we had a dollar for every positive comment that we received from our guests about the venue, we would be taking a much-needed post-wedding vacation.

We served 200 guests, with a full dance floor. I would say that any more might be problematic, as we were very cozy. Not cramped, but cozy. Given the former industrial aspect of the space, the acoustics for the wedding speeches were a bit challenging for folks at the back of the room. The music was fine, but spoken words were harder to decipher. Suggestion to turn speakers towards crowd for speeches, or at least perform a pre-speech sound check.

Due to Indiana liquor laws, Industry must provide the alcohol. Kind of a bummer, as flexibility was one of the reasons that we chose Industry. We found their options to be sufficient and their prices acceptable. Went with the premium liquor and wine package, and once again received many positive comments.

Word of warning, the Industry folks are very responsive to emails and questions sent via their web site. Leverage this, and do not rely on telephone contacts. We learned early that was not the way to go.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Travis Montembeault · Married on 08/16/2019

A great option for DIY - make the wedding you want, as big or small as you want

Industry is a really cool venue. It's on trend and allows the freedom and flexibility to put together a beautiful ceremony and reception, courtesy of Design the Day. The pricing is fair, the staff is easy to work with, and the bar options are terrific. Andrea was great to work with and we were really happy we chose to go the route with Industry.

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Mikala

Mikala · Married on 11/11/2018

2.6

Beautiful Venue, Poor Communication

I want to start with what was wonderful about Industry. The space- it is so beautiful and needs little decoration to have a lovely event. They totally came through on their promises for a great finished space (we saw it long before it was finished). The tables and chairs are also lovely and fit the aesthetics of the venue perfectly. The bride and groom suites are awesome and way nicer than any other venues we’d looked at. The day of the wedding there was good communication and flexibility to accommodate things we had asked for. Our client concierge was pleasant and easy to work with from the first time we met her and I always felt like she cared about us and our wedding. We elected to pay for an open bar with beer and wine using Industry Beverage Service and the service was good and met our expectations.

Let me begin this portion by saying I debated writing a review at all because I hate the idea of hurting someone’s business with a negative review, but an employee with one of our hired vendors for the wedding said if I didn’t review them honestly then they may never learn. The venue is quite expensive, but for the location and promise of 100 parking spots downtown, it was worth it to us. I double and triple checked that the parking lot would be protected from Colts tailgaters, which we were promised and was outlined in our contract, and when I pulled up to the door to unload wedding decor, a man I’ve never met before ran up to my car telling me to park “over there” and that it would cost money to park there. When I told him I was the bride and I paid a lot of money for this parking lot he backed down. I heard murmurs from our guests that we had run out of parking spots and many of our guests had to park far away and Uber to our wedding. This was very upsetting to me since we had approximately 120 guests and maybe 70-80 cars at the most, so my worst fear had come true and spots really had been sold to tailgaters. Also upon arrival, it was discovered that there was puke in the parking lot from the wedding the previous evening and was never cleaned up, even though I was told it would be taken care of before my guests arrived along with the 30+ cigarette butts around the front door.

Leading up to the wedding there were multiple breaks in communication which led to a lot of stress for my husband and I. We talked to different people within the company all over the country throughout the whole planning process. At one point regarding a change to our alcohol contract we talked to 5 different people, 3 of which we had never heard of before. It was very frustrating to never know who to contact about different things, so I hope they will improve this for future clients. Because they have locations across the country, they also have offices across the country so if you pay by check, your checks might be forwarded to another state. In our case, a check was forwarded and “lost”, so we wrote another which was cashed and were assured it was noted in our account that if the other check was found, it would destroyed. Well, on our honeymoon the second check was cashed and my husband’s account was over drafted. I will commend their efforts to resolve this within 1-2 hours of learning of the issue. I know they did everything to make sure it didn’t happen, but it did because of the strange organization of the company and bad communication errors that happened from beginning to end in our experience.

If you can afford the coordination provided by the venue, I recommend Industry because you would not be subject to all the communication mishaps that we had. If you are a DIY bride on a budget, I’d consider other options or clarify that the communication issues have been resolved. At the end of the day we had a beautiful wedding and received multiple compliments.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Hi Mikala,

Thank you for your time and consideration in your review. We sincerely apologize and completely understand your frustration with both the parking issue and the cleanliness of the parking lot. We wish that we could have fixed this situation for your event, and have addressed both the parking organization and our cleaning crew about these instances.

To our future clients: The signage used for Express Parking implies that the lot is a paid lot. However, INDUSTRY clients and guests do not have to pay for parking, and just need to inform the attendant that they are with INDUSTRY. The lot is not completely lined with parking stalls, and we understand that it may appear to be full, if there is not an attendant present. To ensure that this is not an issue moving forward, we will have parking attendants present for every event taking place on the same day as a Game Day at Lucas Oil. Express Parking has communicated this to their staff, as well.

In regards to the alcohol contract, we understand that this was a complex situation, and appreciate your patience while we worked through bringing on a new department. We now have one dedicated staff member, based at INDUSTRY, who all of our clients work with regarding their bar packages.

Additionally, we absolutely understand the inconvenience with your check payment. We have addressed this issue with accounting, and have taken measures to ensure this never happens again.

Thank you again, and we wish you all the best.

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

2.2
      3.5
      1.0

I would like to preface my review by saying that I do events for a living. I have extensive experience with most of the venues in Indianapolis. All that to say this is not my first rodeo and I realize that in any given event space is unique and there are bound to be hick-ups no matter how well things are planned. You prepare as best you can and try to be flexible as appropriate.

Industry is exactly what my husband and I were looking for when we started planning our wedding. The ability to choose our own vendors was a major selling point. But as we continued the planning process we encountered challenges at nearly every turn. I am not going to get into the nitty gritty because honestly it is a laundry list and it seems like with every review the Industry team has a rebuttal for every single point of complaint or contention. Sure there are extenuating circumstances sometimes BUT sometimes it is more professional to accept the criticism and work to do better.

And I guess that is my take away for Industry and anyone who is considering this venue. They need to do better, the opportunity is there and if they correct some of these issues not only will the venue thrive but the people that come after us will be SO much less stressed planning their event. Because having our event at Industry was far from a walk in the park.

Read the other reviews and trust the opinions of those who’ve actually hosted events at the venue(not just the positive reviews of friends and family associated with the venue) because the lesson we learned was that if it seems too good to be true it probably is....

Sent on 08/10/2018

INDUSTRY's reply:

Thank you for your review and consideration that we have the opportunity to do better. We are constantly learning from clients such as yourself who provide valuable feedback on how we can improve, and avoid any hiccups, as you mentioned. First and foremost, we apologize that your event experience with us did not live up to your expectations. We know that wedding planning is a significant task to take on, and we regret that we were unable to make it easier on you. Although we have been unable to touch base by phone thus far, we sincerely appreciate your willingness to speak to us regarding ways we can improve, and hope that we are able to connect in the near future.

Marcia · Married on 04/21/2018

0.4
      0.5

Warning read your contract WORD for WORD before you sign . Married at this venue 4/21/18 - I must say the venue will EVENTUALLY be gorgeous .Coordinator was very rude to several of my vendors and myself throughout the entire process. On my actual wedding day we wanted to use the projector (extra fee .. that's fine) when our DJ went to plug up it failed - come to find out the projector wasn't even wired. So my DJ had to spend a hour wiring the projector from the ceiling - over to wall. Industry still decided to charge us when there equipment wasn't even wired to use. Website and contract says their is no curfew yet they turned on the lights at 1130 pm forcing people to leave. Overall MY VENDORS made my wedding great. For Industry and Coordinator showed 0 effort into making things right for things promised upfront

Sent on 06/14/2018

Hi Marcia –

We were really disappointed to see this review as we felt we went above and beyond in all facets to ensure you had a great experience with INDUSTRY. Unfortunately, even with the extensive accommodations as we’ll explain below, this went unnoticed and unappreciated. Therefore, we will be explaining our version to our future clients in hopes of a fair assessment of the situation.

Future INDUSTRY client –

From the top. We made it very clear that our venue was still under construction prior to this client booking and would not be finished prior to her event. However, because of the bind she was in (her previous venue fell through last minute) we went ahead and offered a significantly discounted rate.

On the day of her event she requested the DJ hook up the projector without our knowledge and thus had to finagle to get it working. Had we known this in advance of her event, we would have absolutely ensured it was ready for use.

Regarding our Client Concierge, we are absolutely certain that she was accommodating, cordial and went above and beyond to help during the day of your event. We offer full coordination upgrades for clients who need the assistance of planning and ensuring their event is a success logistically and financially from start to finish. However, she opted to forgo our special pricing.

Finally, in regard to the lights coming on at 11:30 PM, as of 11:25 PM of the wedding day, there were a mere 8 guests left at INDUSTRY. And, the bride and groom had already left the property. The DJ’s contracted time had ended, and he requested the house lights to complete his contract and load-up and out.

As you can see, even in the end, we attempted to help this client and act in their best interests. We hope you consider both sides of this review when making your decision for your venue and we look forward to the opportunity to prove ourselves as we have and continue to do over and over again.